PRICES (57)

• Tastes Great
  • Good For Bulking Or For Meal Replacements
  • Helps Promote Good Health
  • Not Enough Protein
Now I am a fan of Muscle Milk products. I think by in large they can be a real effective measure in working out. For those who tend to not eat as often as they should while working out. I have used Muscle Milk just about in every facet; from keeping calorie count up while swimming, to recovery proteins after long hikes, to meal replacements when I was overseas, and more.

Currently, I am doing an ISO protein to get may weight off after a bulking cycle. It sucks though; I miss the extra calories from the shake. Don't let the fat content sway you from it either. These are good fats, and for many people they need to experience good fats and what they do for the body instead of all the bad fats that most people love to eat like overly processed cheeses, yogurts, some brands of milk, etc. Muscle Milk has good essential fats.

I will tell you a unique story fast, I was in a GNC one day and I went straight for the Muscle Milk and the (chunkier than need be) employee asks what I thought about it. I said I enjoy the calorie content and the taste is by far is the best. And she exclaimed back, yeah and 19 grams of fat. I just smirked and calmly explained she shouldn't give advice.
_____________________________________________

Although I am a big fan of Muscle Milk, the portion of protein per 2 scoops is okay at 32g. Which is plenty, however the quantity of the 2 scoops means you need to mix it with a good amount of water (or milk if you prefer that). The carbohydrates are great, 12 g per 2 scoops. Don't sweat it when you look because you need stuff to burn. Unless you're on a full on no carb diet, limiting carbs doesn't mean you have to cut out Muscle Milk. It's great as a weight gainer or as a meal replacement. Honestly, it's a good versatile protein, and that is one of the main reasons why I enjoy the product.

The effectiveness can really range on how you utilize the protein. As a meal replacement it's great to have in place of a full lunch or with a light lunch. You will feel the need to eat less if you drink before eating. As a weight gainer it's great to. You can make some awesome bulking shakes with peanut butter, banana, maple and brown sugar oatmeal pack, and then chocolate flavored muscle milk; its lactose free which will help if you someone who is concerned with IBS or enjoy substitute milk products.

Value is always tough, because it always depends where you buy your product. I have seen it at ridiculous and I have seen it at about $30 which is a good fair price. Again just depends where you buy your products, I always recommend looking around. Hence one of the things you are doing on SR.
_____________________________________________

Again, one of my personal favorite proteins; I will go back to it again. It is a truly beneficial protein; possibly may say it's for more of an athlete than a body builder. But if you are beginning it's a good protein to start with and find out what works for you in the guy. Also, if you are younger, roughly 25 and younger it's a good protein (if you're active). It is never advised to take any products and just sit around, you won't get any benefits there.

February 26, 2013

This stuff is awful for you:

• ZB

@as79 that is ridiculous man, + for that link,

AS79:
    Hey appreciate the link, I will have to look at this some more. Honestly, really appreciate it.

February 26, 2013

So about as much as I can figure is that you are basing everything off of the consumers report which is fine.

But if your basing it off of only that report you're not doing the proper amount of investigation.
    _________________________
    ________________________
    This article talks about it and their is an arguement about how some of these same levels are found in regular foods.
    _________________________
    ________________________
    This article well fact sheet from the National Center of Biotechnology shows the levels of these same metals in everyday harvested foods. Now it talks micrograms which is the same as PPM (parts per million) the point of these articles is taking to much protein. Not entirely on heavy metal content.

February 26, 2013

I checked out the links, but I dont see how that contradicts the consumer reports article. Also, that ncbi article is almost 40 years old.

February 27, 2013

I’m amazed you’re trying to bring up the years even when the concepts are in the article you are referring to talks about how long it takes for these metals to leave someone’s system. Anyhow I was not disputing your claim that heavy metals are in the product. Heavy metals are absorbed as minerals in about everything we eat. There really is not anything that will not have trace amounts of a heavy metal. What I’m basically stating is; you have an invalid reason for saying the product is bad. I used it for many years, not a single problem.
    The consumption of heavy metals in plants is well documented and it takes five seconds to look of a million articles on the consumption of heavy metals in fruit, vegetables, and in turn also the meat and dairy products consumed daily. Now it’s important not to do anything in excess, just the consumer report doesn’t do much to show any difference then what is actually already contained in everyday foods.
    Don’t get upset, I just cannot see justifiable reason to be on your side here. Look at regular foods consumed and see that these same metals are in a lot of those products too.

February 27, 2013

Not disputing that there are traces of these metals in other products. It was the amount of them in this product that would keep me from using it.

February 27, 2013

Fair enough agree to disagree. I get these are a concern, it takes a minute to find recent articles on the levels of these metals in normal foods that far exceeds what is reported by consumers reports and even my article webmd. So if you are pushed away due to that then just don't take the product for anyone but if you eat anything like meat, fruits, vegetables, or diary; you consume these metals far more often then just in this product.