Protein > RTD Protein

Muscle Milk RTD is a Ready-to-Drink Protein Supplement manufactured by Cytosport. It is a conveinient version of protein meant to be used on the go in a handy, already mixed form. Supplementing with additional dietary proteins can increase muscle mass and increase fat loss.
FORUM TOPICS

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick And Easy
  • Amazing Taste
  • Convenient
I've been a roll here lately with reviews, so I decided to go ahead a throw in one for Cytosports Muscle Milk, ready to drink.

Taste: 8/10
Lets face it, muscle milk tastes good. There is no going around it. I have tried many flavors of the RTD's (vanilla, chocolate, banana and chocolate malt) all of them tasted pretty good. There was no chemical taste like some proteins have, on the flip side though most flavors were very very sweet. Almost too sweet. If I were to suggest any flavor, I would have to go with Banana. It didn't taste like drinking a milkshake made with extra sugar, but still was sweet enough to satisfy my taste buds.

Profile: 6/10
One bottle (a single serving) of muscle milk RTD has:
-220 calories (80 from fat)
-9g total fat (1.5g saturated)
-9g carbs (3 from sugar)
-25g protein (isolate, concentrate and caseinate)

With that being said, although muscle milk has a slightly high fat and carb ratio for a protein shake, if you are ever caught out and need a quick fix for your protein intake, but do not have time to grab a bite to eat this is for you. With only 9g of fat and carbs, you should easily be able to adjust your macros accordingly on your tight schedule.

The price is a little steep on these per unit (I believe around the $3.00 range). Although they are kind of expensive, they can usually be found at most gas stations and convenience stores. Once again, if you're strict on time and all you can do is run in a grab something, it would a lot better for you then a candy bar, or a bag of chips bringing it's value up.

Overall this isn't the greatest possible product out there, but it is not the worst. Muscle milk does what it is supposed to, add protein to your diet, but the added 9g of fat and carbs does make it slightly less appealing however when you're short on time, it's a better option then reaching for that bag of chips.

• Mooselini
    July 20, 2012

I put on so much size using the rtd monster milk u tried those

• workoutnoob
    July 20, 2012

Yes, I've tried them as well. I really liked the chocolate flavor.. kind of reminded me of german chocolate. I used to pick those up, instead of muscle milk rtd whenever I took kre-alk.

Other Prices: