Fast Twitch Reviews

By: Cytosport

Fast Twitch is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cytosport. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Only 7 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

April 28, 2013

• 40 Servings
  • Taste
  • Explosion Increase
  • Got Tolerant
Good Evening Folks, I know most of you have missed me, so here I am again bringing you uhm-mazing reviews of products that have personally worked for me, my friends and will probably work for you.* (*Do not hold me personally responsible if this does not work for you)

Fast Twitch is a pre workout based drink you mix with water. However in this review I will describe why I used it for both pre and post workout.

VALUE: 9/10 - So this stuff is pretty cheap compared to other Pre-Workout products on the market. I got this at GNC on sale for $15, but it usually goes for around $19.99. This is probably the cheapest pre-workout you will find on the market. You get approx. 40 servings per container, and you only need 1 Serving to get you going. So that's a little over 1 month in supply for $20.

INGREDIENTS: PER 1 SCOOP YOU GET THE FOLLOWING:

Folate - 400mg
Magnesium - 5mg
Potassium - 220mg
Calcium - 25mg

Advanced Facts: The details of each blend can be found on the website, there are just too many to list out.

CytoCrea Buffered Water Stable Creatine & GCC Precursor Matrix - 3535mg

NitroAmp Dual Action Nitric Oxide Enhancing System - 3375mg

CytoRepair Free Radical Protecting Cartisol Blocking Factors - 620mg

ErgoLyte Electrolyte & Anaplerotic Performance Enhancers - 835mg

Caffeine - 200mg

TASTE: 8/10 - I opted for the Power Punch, although I have tried the Grape flavor too. The Grape flavor is a bit too sweet for my taste so I decided to get the Power Punch. Lets be honest, the taste was not bad. It wasnt too sweet, it did taste like punch, but more of a carbonated punch. Imagine taking carbonated water and dumping fruit punch into it, letting it fizzle then drinking it down. It was pleasant.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10 - Okay peeps lets get into the most important part of the product. Did it work? Well I will break this down based on a few categories.

ENERGY: 10/10 - Yes I give this a 10, and it is a high rating, but let me explain why. The dosing of this is recommended about 30 minutes before a workout. I usually just took it, then changed about (7-10 mins) and then went into the lifting part. Yes it works pretty quick from the moment of ingestion. The Energy you get is CLEAN. Absolutely no jitters. It gives you the extra "UMPF" to keep lifting. There is no tunnel vision really, but it mildly does feel like it at times.

PUMP: 0/10 - The pump is not existent. The Product says it has a NO support but honestly you barely feel it if any at all. Massive let down here.

CONS: The only problem I have with this Pre Workout is after about 1hour of intense workout, the product quickly loses its energy. I tend to be in the gym 1.5 to 2hours, and its hard to finish the workout if you are going to be in the gym longer then 1 hour. The reason for this is I tend to do HIIT cardio right after a lifting session, and I lacked the EXTRA energy towards the end. However, if you pack your workout into 1 hour or less you will be pleased with this product.

NOW AS I MENTIONED earlier I also use this as a post workout. According to a few studies "American Journal of Health", taking caffeine post workout helped increase recovery by up to 60%. I would do half a scoop before my Protein shake. I did notice that I was less sore the next day.

OVERALL: 8/10 - Lets be honest, everyone will react differently to every Pre Workout. But this just seems to work for me, and it wont break your bank. Another factor that I liked about this product is that I noticed no crash or having problems sleeping. That is a huge plus for me personally.

I would highly recommend this product to you folks, for $20 wont break your bank, and who knows you might actually enjoy this as much as me :)

July 6, 2012

• 3 And Still Effective
  • Got Tolerant
I bought fast twitch a while back when I was sick of taking products with 1, 3 in it. Fast twitch is marketed towards athletes so I was comfortable that I wouldn't fail any drug tests.

I lift weights often and was training for pre basketball season working on a lot of power exercises and plyometrics and fast twitch really helped me take my workouts to a new feat.

Taste was pretty bad but thats no biggie for me, I crave the stimulants

It took about 30 minutes to kick in then I would be FIREING the whole workout which was pretty impressive considering it had no 1 3 dimethylalamine.

Overall 9/10
Great product, not the best, but I would def give a thumb up to go purchase some. Only problem is I developed a really quick tolerance

April 15, 2012

• 40 Servings
    CytoSport Fast Twitch is one of my favorite supplements. I am a huge fan of CytoSport and the Muscle Milk protein line. I am a powerlifter so my training consists of heavy weight and low repetitions, nothing over 5 reps.

I took Fast Twitch for the first time in preparation for the my first bench press competition at the LA Fitness Expo 2009. I competed raw and bench press 525 lbs!

CytoSport Fast Twitch really helped me train for that competition and gave me a great energy boost. Powerlifting training is brutal and I train for around 2-3 hours, resting anywhere from 10 -30 minutes between sets. CytoSport gave me a long lasting energy boost and helped me lift with more focus and intensity.

I took the Power Punch Flavor which I bought for $25.99 off BodyBuilding.com. Serving size is 1 scoop and there is 40 servings per container.

Energy: Great energy, intensity and focus. Definitely the best pre-workout for athletes.
    200 mg of Caffeine.

Performance enhancement blend of Calcium Citrate, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Orotate, Potassium Aspartate really floods your muscle's with nutrients for better performance and more endurance!

Did not feel much of crash which I see people listed as a 'Con' of this supplement.

Definitely recommend this product!

BigThicket out!

May 17, 2011

• Got Tolerant
    I generally take Cytosport Fast Twitch during Track and Field season. This time of year my training usually consists of lower reps, lower weights, and an increase in speed/explosiveness of reps. I am 5'10" and my weight during track season is usually around 175. My staple lifts during season are half squat jumps, clean pulls or explosive dead lifts, explosive barbell box step ups, and sled pulls on astro-turf.
    Cytosport Fast Twitch is great for athletes because it works great as a supplement not only to weightlifting but jogging, sprinting, plyometrics, and other sports related exercises. There are no jitters or come-downs you feel after HemoRage or Jack3d. Your mind is on-point and you feel in tune with your body.

I highly recommend Fast Twitch for athletes looking to increase their stamina, focus, and pump during high intensity athletic practices or competitions.

-JM

November 16, 2010

• Dehydrates Me More Than Other Pwos
    This was my first PWO drink. I chose it because Cytosport seems to be a reputable company. I have only chosen to review this after trying a couple of other PWOs.

Effectiveness: Fast Twitch does get me motivated to work out and brings a decent intensity. The only problem is that it makes me feel dehydrated. I tried using this when I was sparing more often and doing jiu-jitsu. It did relieve a lot of fatigue, but I found myself needing to drink more water. I also encountered this while lifting weights and not doing cardio. So, for me this was a good intro to PWOs, but I have found that I don't dehydrate as much using Jack3d. It feels like Fast Twitch is kind of syrup like and I may not be able to process it well. Tried adding more water, but still gave me mad cotton-mouth when doing any kind of sparing or intense cardio.

Value: This stuff seems to last. I found it hard to take more than one scoop, because of the amount of water needed to mix. But, Jack3d is about the same price and works better for me.

Overall:My experience with the product is that it dehydrates me. I have tried other PWOs that don't do this to me, so, I won't be purchasing this product again. When I did use it, it reduced fatigue and allowed me to perform with intensity even with cotton-mouth.

August 31, 2010

• 40 Servings
      I have gone through a couple tubs of Fast Twitch before and am just now deciding to rate it. I have tried or sampled pretty much every pre-workout out there, as I work at a supp shop. I always go back to Fast Twitch. The caffeine is dosed perfectly so it gives you just a kick without the jitters. The kre-alkalyn gives you a strength increase. The arginine and citrulline give the best pump of any product I have tried. You only need one scoop, so you are guarenteed 40 workouts, so there is no "take between 1-3 scoops" bs. It is my favorite pre and I will be buying again. Monster Pump is pretty much the same thing, but with waxy maize. I can get a good hour and a half lift off this product and the pump stays with me the whole time.

May 10, 2010

• Big Crash
      One of my favorite pre workout supplements..

This is the only pre workout (I have a big tolerance..) that gets my heart rate really going. I know that it has 200mg caffeine, as do many of these supps, but something about the blend that Cytosport has made gets me really hyped up.

That is good when compared to supplements like NO-Xplode that do nothing for me in the stimulant department, but it is occasionally an uncomfortable feeling to be that "up" in the gym.

The other slightly bad thing about this product that I noticed is that it does not last too long. For me, it is very strong for an hour- an hour and a half, and then I begin to crash.

Animal pump keeps my hyped up for at least two hours.

But all in all this is a very good supplement to take before working out worthy of a 9/10.

far superior to most of the pre workout market.