Ranks #119 (better than 15%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Amino Pump is a BCAA manufactured by Cutler Nutriton. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
3.0
0.0
  March 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Decent

Hello again everyone. Right now I am still working primarily on strength gains and fat loss. Diet was at maintenance calories. Other supplements included a multi, fish oil, BCAAs intra workout, stimulant pre workout (various), additional creatine on off days, whey protein, and Afterglow post workout. I was taking all of these other supplements before running Amino Pump and am well versed in how they effect me. This was taken into account when gauging the effectiveness of the product. I was looking for something above what I would normally get with this stack.

The Cutler Nutrition line is produced and formulated by BPI. Given their track record my expectations were very low and Amino Pump did not disappoint those low expectations.

SUPPLEMENT FACTS
Serving Size 1 Scoop
Servings Per Bottle 30

AMINO PUMP MATRIX (Proprietary Blend) 8.1g
Creatine (as creatine monohydrate & CreaPure)
L-Aspartic Acid
Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn)
Glycerol (as glycerol monostearate)
L-Leucine
Taurine
Agmatine (as agmatine sulfate)

Other ingredients: Silica, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, citric acid, malic acid, and FD&C Red No. 40.

Obviously, I'm not a fan of proprietary blends. I don't want to beat that horse anymore, it's long dead. At 8.1g/scoop everything in here is surely under dosed from what would be considered effective. From personal experience here's a guess as to the amounts of the main ingredients in it. Due to the way it mixed and grittiness I could tell there was quite a bit of creatine. I didn't get any tingle to indicate there was much Beta-Alanine present. Increased pumps were very minimal, indicating there is likely not much Glycerol, Taurine, or Agmatine. I doubt there was much Leucine in it either just due to taste. If you've every used a product heavy in Leucine you'll know what I mean. It tastes really bad and even when well covered has a distinct aftertaste. I didn't notice any Leucine taste at all. Given these facts it seems likely that this product is mostly creatine, which would also make sense because it can be used as a relatively cheap filler. The bottom line, as with any proprietary blend, is that we're left guessing at what's really in it.

I had good old Fruit Punch. Mmmmm, my favorite (heavy on the sarcasm). For FP actually this was not bad. Although, I wouldn't say it was delicious, I never had a problem getting it down.

It mixed okay. There was quite a bit of settling that occurred due to the creatine. As long as you gave it a shake before each gulp you could get most of it down. There was definitely quite a bit of residue left in the shaker after the last sip. You just needed to add a little extra water and give it a swirl to get the last little bit out. Not really a big deal but it could be better. You would not need a shaker cup to mix it.

The suggested use is to take 1 scoop pre, intra, or post workout. How very specific of you Cutler Nutrition, thanks! It seems to me like they are really leaving it up to the consumer to decide when to take it. They also recommend taking one scoop in the morning on off days. Given the ingredients, it seemed like it would make the best sense to dose it pre workout. So I used 1 scoop pre workout with hopes that it would enhance pumps, endurance, and muscle growth. Sometimes I took it with a stimulant pre workout depending on the time of the workout. When using with a stimulant pre workout I just mixed them both together. I did not take it on off days.

Unfortunately, I saw very little in terms of results from this product. More than anything I was really hoping to at least get some pumps, because everyone loves pumps. The additional pump I got was very slight. Nothing like what I get from Cellucor NO3 Chrome, or even just a lot of my favorite pre workouts. I would say I got a slight boost in strength, endurance, and recovery between sets due to the creatine. There was definitely not enough Beta-Alanine to help see a bump in endurance. With the Leucine being under dosed I seriously doubt I got any bump in my anabolic capacity. I also chose to run a separate BCAA product during my workouts because of this.

Side Effects

On the plus side I did not have any side effects. There were no digestion issues, upset stomach, or any other problems.

None. Thankfully I didn't pay for the tub of this I used. It looks to be going for about $30 most places right now. Even for free it didn't provide me any value because it didn't help me get closer to my goals.

Conclusion

As an under dosed proprietary blend, Amino Pump really fell short for me. I would not take it again, even if I got another one for free. I would give it someone who might actually see some benefit from it. Maybe someone who is new to training and supplements. For someone like myself, well versed in training, diet, and supplements it simply did not provide any benefit. You would be better off spending $30 on 2 years worth of CreaPure, or any other number of more effective products.

• SkinnyFat
    March 24, 2015

Fantastic review, bpi is such garbage, I steer all my customers away from that joke of a company.

• ron
    March 25, 2015

Your low expectations were conveyed perfectly with my high expectations for a quality review! Nice job!

• ODAAT365
    March 25, 2015

Thank you both for the kind words. Yeah BPI is a joke. Now they are making a marketing push with their protein because of the fact that its "Third Party Tested" by ChromaDex. Like they're doing something new and innovative. SMH.

Advertisement: