Noxivol Powder Reviews

By: CTD Sports

Pre-Workout > Pump
Noxivol Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by CTD Sports. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

August 15, 2018

• Some Ingredients May Be Under Dosed

CTD Noxivol is a good product. Overall, the ingredient profile is not as appealing as the actual product it self but, I had some good workouts with it. In the review Ill go over what I liked, disliked and how it worked for me. I can say it is an interesting product but will I use it again? Give me some constructive criticism after please!

Hello, my name is Richard and Im reviewing the CTD Sports Noxivol. First, reason I tried the product was because, many were have told me so many good things about the Noxivol tabs. I don't want to take 6 tabs a day especially when they are quite large, so I took the powder. Noxivol is known for great muscular pumps and holding the pump for an extended period of time. This is a big positive for me because my training regimen includes moderate frequency and high volume. I believe in muscle hyperemia and cell swelling to optimize hypertrophy. My main objective while training is putting as much blood in the muscle as possible! So pump products are a big help and great to incorporate in my supplement regimen.

So ingredient profile includes L-Arginine which is a precursor to N.O and helps blood vessels open. A.K.G can enhance peak performance by getting rid of ammonia in the body. Beta Alanine is used to create carnosyn which enhances muscle contraction and muscular endurance. Ornithine, Histadine, Norvaline to create more N.O. in the body and muscular endurance. Cissus Quadrangularis, is used to easy the aches in joints and mood enhancement.
Alpha Gpc is a nootropic and cognitive enhancer, Rutaecarpine is an anti inflammatory, Vanadyl sulfate can help with growth and insulin sensitivity, and Bioperine for absorption.

All these ingredients are great, and do include good N.O. precursors/ inhibitors, they also have a great pump and endurance effect. And the ingredient combo is very special, because not companies put these ingredients in a normal pump product. However, the fact that it is a proprietary blend, so the dosage of each ingredient is not clear. In my opinion really brings down the trust of the products but some proprietary blends are good and some not so good.

Green apple tastes really good, and all other flavors i haven't tried, There is a fruit pinch and pineapple flavor though. Mixability is good, there will still be a little small amount of graininess on the bottom of the shaker but not bad. I use a shaker cup fill it with 10 oz water shake it up and drink it quickly. I like it to be very solute so that is why i use 10+ oz of water, and the green apple flavor still tastes good. As far as dosing goes I did half scoops for the longest time and It worked very well for me. If you like really concentrated tastes go with the full scoop in no more then 10 oz water. Full scoop is recommended for most but I felt good on half a scoop. Reason i used half scoops was the fact that nootropics can some times give me a light headed or dizzy feeling. A single scoop is 7.1 grams and 45 scoops in a container. Most of you aren't going to measure it but try using no more than one scoop, its not like pre workout the more you use the more you get used to it, especially when you have rutaecarpine in it decreasing acclimation to the product, and it has no caffeine.

In effectiveness, ill give it a 7.5 out of 10 it works great and flavor is spot on. I like that I can get a good pump and have it last for the whole workout. It also gets me sweating a lot easier and a little more. Heavy sweating can happen with good pump boosters because the increased oxygen intake allows more energy to be use in the muscle so more energy used more heat meaning more heat. Overall, I feel I had better workouts with the product. Will it be like that all the time? No, id say 85% of my workouts were enhanced from this product. Not every workout can be good many factors go into having a good work out and the product can't control all of them. I have used it for all body part training, and the best days to see its effect is on an arm day or a chest and back day. If you are expecting for a vein popping pump or a muscle busting effect do keep in mind that it will help but don't get your hopes up. For an optimal pump we have to be in a good physiological state. Be hydrated, minerals have to be balanced, cells have to be receptive. I suggest to drink some water before and take a full scoop in a decent amount of water. I still use half to three quarters of a scoop but thats just me.

Where i get it is $33.99 for 45 scoops so i think i get it at a good price! Plus i bargain shop, so Im trying to save any way possible! I usually get my supplements from a local store that price matches and usually has equal or lower prices than online. But for anyone out there interested in buying it, look online and really look for a good price. And if your local store has it ask if they can price match or bargain, most mom and pop shops can bargain but stores like GNC and VitaminShoppe can't. I myself wont be buying it every 45 days because my workouts should not revolve around if the product is working for me at the time of my workout. I also like to try new things... as well Im cheap and wont always be able to squeeze it in the budget and buy it.

Side Effects

No side effect except for increased sweating and crazy pumps.

Conclusion

So conclusion, if you can get it or some how get a sample of it, do try it. I like it fairly well, it might be under estimated because its a proprietary blend but if you like pump products, I can say it is worth the try. It has a special ingredient panel which is cool, not many companies use these ingredients in a typical pump booster. However, the only thing I don't like is it's a proprietary blend so you don't know how much of what you are getting and that can be a real mystery. Hopefully, it is all it says it is and not some fake placebo pump booster. Besides that I can approve of it. I may not buy it all the time but ill buy it time to time again. I like to try new things so I will try to circulate back to is some time in the near future. This is my first product review and wont be my last product review. Thanks everyone hope you can get some info from this and let me know if you have tried CTD Noxivol Powder!!
  • Green apple: 8/10

5.5
  June 23, 2016

Disclosure: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest review. These are my detailed, honest thoughts on Noxivol Powder from CTD Sports.

I am 6'0" 220 - 225 lbs and around 11-12% body fat. I have been bodybuilding for 3 years, but I was always involved in athletic and lifting throughout high school and college. I have a background in science (current PhD candidate) and have a deep understanding of the science of exercise and nutrition.

The Noxivol Powder by CTD Sports is an interesting product that promises endurance and vasodilation (pumps). The formula is very different than many other stimulant-free, pump-focused pre-workouts. I applaud CTD Sport's attempt to be unique and stand out, but some of their profile is based on out-dated science. For instance, the use of arginine, which headlines their 5,781 mg Noxivol blend, to enhance pumps has shown to be ineffective because of high arginase, an enzyme that digests l-arginine, expression in the intestines and liver (first pass metabolism). To be fair, l-arginine can raise serum nitric oxide levels and promote vasodilation; however, it is far less effective at this than nitrates, l-citrulline, and agmatine. Additionally, a larger dose than that used in Noxivol would be required. Thus, double-scooping Noxivol makes it more effective. The use of beta-alanine in the formula is great and definitely delivers in the endurance department, but not sure what it offers in the way of muscle pumps and the dose isn't disclosed. Generally, I am dissatisfied with the proprietary and opaque nature of the profile, especially with the use of strange ingredients for a pump-based, stim-free pre-workout. For instance, the use of cissus for joint support seems random and extraneous. It is nice to see choline and apha-GPC used in the profile, which definitely will help with mental focus, a benefit not even promised by CTD! However, the doses used look very small as both are used in a 130 mg blend and Alpha-GPC appears last after black pepper extract, an ingredient usually dosed at 5 mg. Another point of criticism is that I don't like the use of vanadyl sulfate. I think its potential benefits do not outweigh the potential side-effect, especially when the dose being used isn't being disclosed. Again, it is disappointing to see that CTD Sports used a proprietary formula. I much prefer transparent blends so I know the dose of ingredients that I am ingesting. Ultimately, the Noxivol Powder deserves credit for the unique, creative profile, but definitely needs some upgrades. If they add in a more dependable NO booster on top of this formula, it would definitely take Noxivol Powder to the next level! The ingredient profile gets a 4/10.

I used the fruit punch flavor of Noxivol, which was very pleasing. It was a tropical and sweet flavor. It did have a tinge of medicinal and chemical flavor to it but it is minor. Noxivol powder is best to take cold in around 14 oz of water. I will often add ice to it. The powder has no trouble with being soluble. It can be stirred or shaken in order to mix up. This is true for the single or double scoop serving, though I suggest increasing water with the double scoop dose to ensure the taste is moderated. The fruit punch flavor is an 8/10.

The Noxivol Powder does somewhat outperform its formula, but still pales in comparison to NO booster-based powders that use nitrates, citrulline, agmatine, and cell volumizers (glycerol, taurine, etc). Every workout that I used Noxivol Powder, I was able to get decent muscle pumps, though my hydration status and carb intake were great during workouts so I would probably be getting excellent pumps without the Noxivol Powder anyway. The muscle pumps were nowhere near the pumps off tried and true NO booster and cell volumizers. The two scoop dose definitely added a little more to muscle pumps than the one scoop dose, but it still was nothing special or impressive. There was some minor improvement in endurance with Noxivol Powder use. Noxivol Powders gets a 6/10 on effectiveness.

Fortunately, Noxivol Powder is significantly less than a dollar a serving and it comes in a 45 serving tub. However, I think a lot of users like myself will be inclined to double scoop in order to get more out of the product. This will definitely cut into the products value. Due to the lackluster effects and formula I don't think Noxivol is a product that carries much bang for its buck anyway. 5/10

Side Effects

I did not note any side effects from Noxivol Powder use.

Conclusion

Overall, Noxivol Powder is a product that I won't be purchasing. There are so so many other stim-free, pump-focused pre-workout products that blow this one out of the water that this one just does not make the cut. The taste is good and the double scoop has some effects so if you can find a really really great bargain and have interest in it then that may be the one situation in which it is worth it. Otherwise I recommend looking at other options. 6/10.
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

January 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Odd Suggested Dosing
What up SR! Back with another review. First off, I want to thank the guys over at CTD Sports, Momo1 and K5Matthews, for having a great giveaway (October giveaway) and giving me the opportunity to try one of their products out. I chose Noxivol because at the time I was looking for a nonstim pre workout as well as a pump product.

CTD Sports also has a pill version of this product ( if anyone prefers swallowing pills ).

It sits in two proprietary blends. I'm not a big fan of proprietary blends and probably most of you SR's aren't as well. Check out some of the other reviews on this product on SR. You can find more in depth about the ingredients.

A few ingredients caught my attention. Beta alanine was the first. I thank CTD Sports for including this ingredient. I love the tingling and know that beta alanine works for me. Even though it sits in a big proprietary blend, they must have dosed it correctly because every time I took this product, I felt the tingles.

Another being cissus quadrangularis root extract. Cissus quadrangularis is used for joint and bone health. I am assuming because of this ingredient the dosing instructions are two scoops every day, 6-8 hours spread apart. How effective is cissus quadrangularis though? Examine.com and WebMD both say that more information is needed to prove that cissus quadrangularis actually works.

Taste A+
I went with the Pineapple Strawberry flavor. At first I was a bit skeptical about the flavor combination but let me tell you that the Pineapple Strawberry was delicious. Not too sweet or too tart. I throughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend this flavor.

Mixability A
Mixed perfectly fine in a Blender Bottle. Sometimes if I didn't add enough water, there would be some specks of powder on the bottom of the shaker cup. Always make sure to add enough water.

Simple enough. One scoop pre workout, 30-45 mins before. I eventually bumped up my dose to 1.5 scoops when using it alone. When combined with a stim pre workout, I went with 1 scoop.

Effectiveness A
I cannot speak of the effectiveness of the powdered version compared to the pill version. I have yet to try the pill version.

It took awhile for the product to kick in when taken alone. Pumps were always consistent though. But when stacked with a stimulant pre workout, the pump was off the charts. The pump would be so massive that it was hard to do more reps/sets. I recommend stacking Noxivol with a stimulant pre workout. For me the product really fell flat when it came to leg day. There was no significant pump. All I felt was the beta alanine tingles. Every other muscle group however got a solid pump.

Claims CTD Sports made about their product: Increase blood flow, muscle pumps, and increase vascularity. All of them are true. As soon as I started my workout I noticed increased vascularity on my forearms. I also had incredible pumps and I could feel the blood rushing. It was a great feeling.

Around $30 for a 45 serving container. The cheapest I've seen is on AllStarHealth for as low as $27 which comes out to be .60 cents per serving. It would be .90 cents if you bumped up the serving to 1.5 scoops.

Side Effects
Get ready for the pump of your life! Other than that, none.

Conclusion
I've tried other pump products (CN3, Hemavo2 Max, etc.) and this one ranks among my top favorites. This is a great product for those looking for a non stim pre workout or a pump product to add to their stack. Give it a shot! You won't be disappointed.

5.5
  June 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Endurance
  • Poor Value At Recommended Dose
I want to thank Mono1 the rep on here for CTD Sports for letting me have the chance to try one of their products of my choice in a contest they did on the forums. They had pick 3 people and I was one of them. I decided to go with this product since I was looking for a pump product to try and had been wanting to give this a try since it was in a powder form and flavored. Never tried the pills so I can't compare this powder version to pill form.

Ingredients:
Servings size 1
Servings per container 45

Noxivol 5781mg
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Beta Alanine, L-Ornithine HCL, L-Histidine, L-Norvaline, Cissus Quadrangularis Root Extract.

Nitric Support Matrix 130mg
Choline Bitartrate, Rutaecarpine, Vanadyl Sulfate, Black Pepper Fruit Extract, Alpha-GPC(L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine)

Other Ingredients:
Natural & Artificial Flavor, Silica, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin, FD&C Red #40, Dicalcium Phosphate

I noticed on some of the older reviews for this product that the ingredient profile is a little different. Looks like they upped the Nitric Support Matrix from 71mg to 130mg and added a couple other things. The one issues I have with the profile is that it is in two big prop blends. Never really been a fan of prop blends but I guess if the product works really well for me then I don't care as much. Nothing in here really stood out as being outstanding or new for a pump product. The claims they make with this product I believe are true but only if your getting the right dosages of each ingredients but I feel some of them are a little under dosed. The overall profile looks decent and I like the added Cissus Quad for joints and Beta Alanine.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $29.99 for 45 servings. The price for this I don't think is to bad if you can get by with 1 scoop. I am sure most people who use this will need two scoops. The Value does go down a little if you need two scoops. They say on the label to take 1 scoop twice a day and if you are doing two scoops each time that would be 4 scoops per day and that really drops the value a lot. I don't see any need to take this more than once a day unless you want to be buying more of this right away.

Taste:
I heard they came out with a new flavor Pineapple Strawberry and thought I would give that a try since I did not want their other flavor fruit punch. I thought this was very enjoyable to drink. It was nothing to strong or over powering. Neither of the two flavors over powered each other. This is not going to be to sweet or tart which is nice.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with it mixing at all. I only went with one scoop because I was mixing this with my pre-workout and it all ready had some pump ingredients in there and did not want to over do it on the pump ingredients. After awhile I did start to up my dosage to 1.5 scoops and that was a little better.

I know the ingredients they put in here are quality ingredients and the claims they make that this product will do I feel should be achieved but I feel there is a little problem. I feel that some of the ingredients are a little to under dosed. Not saying it is by much but I do feel it is under dosed a bit. This is one thing I don't like about prop blends because you never know for sure how much of everything your getting. I still noticed some good things from this but not as much as I have with other pump products.

I noticed right away when I started to take this I could really feel this kick in right away but when I got about half way through the container it seemed like it was not as effective as it was when I first started taking it. That part of it I did not like so much. If this could have felt like it did from the start of the container until the ended this would have been an out standing pump product for me. It just seemed like I built up a really strong tolerance to this. I know at times I do have trouble really feeling that pump unless I am doing really high volume training and hitting it really hard and not resting much between sets.

The endurance I noticed from this I thought was much improved and felt better and could go longer the more I was on it. I liked the Beta Alanine they put in here and what it does. I know for some people they don't like it because of the beta tingles they get from it but for me I hardly ever feel them which is nice because then I can up my dosage of that and not have to suffer with those beta tingles. The pumps I did notice were good but they never seemed to last through out my whole workout which I did not like so much. I think if they could add some Agmatine and Citrulline to this it would make it a better product .

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed

Overall:
I did enjoy this product but just wish the effects of this would have lasted longer and be more effective for me. Overall it's not a bad product but not the best out there for me. I have tried a few different pump products and this was just a so so product for me. With a few more added ingredients to this I think it would improve this product a bit and make it more enjoyable for me. I few this is still worth a try even though it did not do a lot for me. I know some people will react a lot better to this than I did. I do think the way they want you to dose this is kind of odd and do not agree you need to take this more than once a day. If you can find this at a good price I would recommend giving it a try.

December 5, 2014

Its been a while since ive done a product review SR, but I wanted to throw this out there, because its been so good to me that I wanted to share it with all of you. I used this product two ways, one as part of another Caffeine based PWO base and just on its own. I wanted to Gage how it effected me in both ways.

Ingredient Profile:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.1 g)
Servings Per Container: 45
Noxivol 5,781mg
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG), Beta Alanine, L-Ornithine HCL, L-Histidine, L-Norvaline, Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (aerial parts)
Nitric Support Matrix 71mg
Alpha-GPC (L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine), Rutaecarpine, Vanadyl Sulfate, BioPerine®, (Black Pepper fruit Extract std/ min. 95% Piperine)

So the first thing you may notice here is that its a prop blend. And like most of you, I would have rather preferred to know how much of each ingredient is in the mix, otherwise its a pretty solid ingredient profile.

The L-Argenine and Beta Alanine are good for the pump, the Cissus Quandrangularis is an interesting ingredient as its used mostly for joint support, so not really sure what the point of throwing it into the product overall.

Taste: I bought the Pineapple Strawberry. Pretty good taste, not too sweet, a bit tarty, but overall very enjoyable.

Effectiveness: I will break this down into categories that I saw and did not see results in.

Pump 11/10 - I mean whoa. I usually stuck to one scoop, and on heavier volume days I jacked it up to 1.5 scoops, but overall it was just one scoop. When I took it with another PWO I felt it kick in instantly. The pumps and vascularity were clearly visible. The only problem is on certain occasions the pump was so great that it ended up hindering my workout because it felt like I had just broken my limb and all the blood flow was rushing in that direction. When I took this product of 1 scoop on its own, it took a little longer to kick in, but when it did, the pumps were pretty intense. The great thing about this is even after a 2hour workout, you were still able to feel the pump of the workout. It really does last all the way through.

Energy: 4/10 - Although I did feel some minor energy when I took this product on its own, it did not last all the way through the workout. 30 minutes into it, the energy subsided, and although the pump was there, its not the same without the extra boost of energy.

Overall this product works best when stacked with another pwo. The pump product on its on is good, but not GREAT.

Value: 6/10 - I bought this product in the store for $40 for 45 servings. Online I saw it as cheap as under $30. The price is not too bad, the only problem is if you end up stacking it with another pwo, you have to pay for both products and that makes the price increase.

==============================================================================================

Overall: 8/10 - Overall, although being a prop blend and a bit expensive, I have to give this a solid 8 based on the pump product. Ive tried many pump products such as No3 chrome and Agmantine, and a few others, and for me this product blows all the others out of the water. I would highly recommend this product to others.

May 20, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Smooth Flavor
  • Stim Free
  • Some Ingredients May Be Under Dosed

Claims

-------------------
Noxivol is designed to support: Muscle Fullness, Vascularity, Pumps, Lean Muscle Growth, Strength Increases, Healthy Joints and Ligaments, Increased Endurance by Reducing Lactic Acid

Ingredients

-------------
Others before me did a nice job of breaking down the components of this prop. blend and their benefits so please look at their reviews for those details.

Dosage

-------------------
Directions state to take 2 servings twice daily. One 30-45 minutes pre-workout and a second serving spaced 6-8 hours from the first serving. I personally never went above 2 scoops pre-workout and also never added a second serving.

--------------------
$30 for 45 single scoop servings. I personally used 2 scoops PWO which puts the cost at roughly $1.33 per workout and if you workout 5 days a week this will last you a solid month. However if you use 4 scoops a day as recommended, you will blow through the tub in no time and in my opinion, completely kill the value.

Taste / Mixing

-----------
Thankfully this is not your standard lip puckering tart Fruit Punch flavor. It's smooth, mixes great in cold water and is easy to slam in a hurry. I will say however that near the end of the tub I was very tired of this flavor.

------------
Searching for the physical benefits listed on the side of the tub I honestly wanted to up my dose, however the Beta-alanine tingles were so severe in my face that I dared not add a third scoop.

To address the printed claims on the Noxivol container:

I have no doubt that the included ingredients have the scientific backing to "SUPPORT" everything claimed by CTD Labs. Unfortunately for me, I think the quantities of most, if not all ingredients in the prop blend were too under dosed to make a noticeable difference in my workouts. So while I believe the individual components of Noxivol "SUPPORT" everything claimed, I feel some of them may be too pixie dusted in the hidden prop blend to make the claims a hard reality.

Final Words

-------------
In all honesty I have to admit that I a stim junkie and love that caffeine smack in my PWO's. Perhaps if I would have added 200mg of caffeine to this PWO I would have enjoyed it more. If you are someone who likes to steer clear of stims and can get away with only a 1 scoop serving, this product may be perfect for your needs for value and effectiveness. However, in a market completely flooded with pre-workout options, Noxivol in my opinion just did not hit the mark for my personal workout enhancing needs.

February 20, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Improved Endurance
  • Help Reduce Lower Back Discomfort
  • Maybe Adding Some Agmatine Sulfate And Some Citrulline!
What's going on SR! I would like to present my review of Noxivol Powder version.

I would like to thank Kenny of CTD Labs for letting me review Noxivol and I would like to thank my job for allowing me to buy another one.

Here we go:

Profile – 8 Blend

Pill Version 6250mg matrix includes the following:
Powder Version 5781mg

Blend matrix includes the following

L-Arginine (AKG), Alpha Keto-Gluatarte, Beta Alanine, L-Ornithine Ethyl Ester DiHCL, Cissus Quadrangularis, L-Histidine, and L-Norvaline

Nitric Support Matrix:
Pill Version 130mg/
Powder Version 71mg

Alpha-GPC (L-Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline), Rutaecarpine, Vanadyl Sulfate, Bioperine (Black Pepper Fruit Extract STD. min 95% Piperine

Here are some of the Supplement Facts I would like to point out:

L-Arginine (AKG) is a nonessential amino acid that is also involved in the production of nitric oxide. AKG (Alpha-Ketoglutarate) is an Acid, which improves oxygen update and decreases lactic acid. In addition, it is used in surgical rooms to help prevent protein catabolism, 24 hours after surgery.

Alpha-GPC: This compound help the Cognitive portion of the brain, in some studies, this has help for treatment in Alzheimer's disease. It also, accelerate the release of growth hormone; this could increase Lean Muscle Mass

Rutaecarpine: This is an alkaloid from a Chinese herb called Wu-Chu-Yu, this is not a fighting style for those who listen to Wu-Tang; what it does, it helps with inflammation and blood thinning, which helps with blood pressure.

Beta Alanine - This nonessential amino acid occurs naturally in the body and is also found in foods such as chicken, beef, pork and fish. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, the primary fuel for muscle growth. It acts as a buffering agent, which helps delay the onset of Muscular failure; knock out those sets of "21s"!

L-Histidine – This is considered as an essential amino. This Amino is a precursor to "Histamines", which helps with allergic reactions; due to Noxivol having this in a blend, we do not know, how much of this L-Histidine is there; this is very important for those who are already taking allergies medications. In addition, L-Histidine helps alleviate symptoms for those with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Bioperine – This is an extract derived from black pepper, it has been found to increase the absorption of nutrients. In addition, it has been shown to reduce inflammation.

Effectiveness: 9

I have to say, it was easy to compare the "Horse" Pill version of Noxivol and this new Powder version, response time was within 10 mins; as suppose to, 30 min when taking the pills. I tried different ways of taking this, I would either take a serving before hitting the gym and sometimes, I would use one serving as an Intra-Workout. To me, while I used it as an Intra-Workout, mixed it with some grape juice and water, I noticed that I could keep a higher incline on the treadmill without too much burning; however, too much of an incline, my legs would get too much pump. When taken before my workout, I would stack one serving with either CTD Chrome or PNI Prodigy; the pumps were sick! Taken by its self, you get a nice pump, which last for a while, especially for ladies night! (my Wife)

Dosing: 8

I pretty much took it on workout days; however, I did take it for 2 weeks straight, since the label suggest to take it every day for 60 to 90 days. During the 2 weeks, I did notice that I was not as shore on my lower back; I hurt my lower lumbar a couple of years ago and it has always bugged me a little after a back or leg workout. In my opinion, anyone who is in his or her mid 40s or early 50s could benefit by taking it every day.

Price: 8

Depending where you shop on line, prices will range from 29.95 to 35.99; Lockout has it priced at $29.95 (Do not forget the 5% discount). You get 45 servings and even if you take one serving every day, it will last you 6 weeks.

Overall: 8

In my opinion, this is a solid product and everyone should try it. Since this does not have any stimulants, this can be stacked with other products; of course, other products with pump ingredients maybe over kill, but with a caffeine pill, it is a nice pre-workout. One thing I would ask CTD is they ever reformulate Noxivol, would be to add some Agmatine Sulfate and some Citrulline!

December 24, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Improved Endurance
  • Odd Suggested Dosing
Thanks to CTD labs and the ER program for the opportunity to try out the new Noxivol Powder from CTD labs. I was glad to see this stuff introduced in powder form versus the gigantic pills I tried in the past.

--Overview--

Noxivol is a stimulant free PWO with a focus in delivering pumps and endurance. On the tub it touts itself as a strength enhancing vasodilator. Pretty accurate description from what my experience was with this product.

--Profile 8/10--

Noxivol doesn't contain any kind of new substance never before seen but it does put together a solid profile. Of course I will complain as usual about the proprietary blend but if it delivers the performance I won't get too hung up on that as a negative. The profile as copied is as follows.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (7.1g)
Servings per container: 45

Amount Per Serving
Noxivol Blend 5781mg
L-Arginine Alpha Keto-Glutarate (AKG), Beta Alanine, L-Ornithine HCl, L-Histidine, L-Norvaline, Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (aerial parts)
Nitric Support Matrix 71mg
Alpha-GPC (L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine), Rutaecarpine, Vanadyl Sulfate, Bioperine (Black Pepper fruit Extract std. min. 95% Piperine)

Like I said it doesn't have any crazy or exotic ingredients but does have a long list of some of my favorites. I really like the inclusion of Cissus Quadrangularis in the mix for it's benefits of keeping joints healthy. Not something you often find in a PWO oriented supplement. It does include Beta Alanine and from the consistency in delivering the BA tingles I would say it is definitely present in its effective dose.

--Taste/Mixability 7/10--

No real issues with mixing or settling to speak of with Noxivol. The taste is a VERY light fruit punch flavor and even when mixed with very little water wasn't very strong in flavor. It didn't taste bad by any means but just always tasted a little watered down.

--Dosing 6/10--

The reason for the low score is simply because I don't understand the suggested protocol. It recommends two servings daily with one coming 30-45 minutes prior to your workout. I guess this is because it does contain Cissus Quadrangularis which should be taken twice a day every day but I just don't see any added benefit to taking Noxivol more than once a day and only before workouts. Needless to say I did not abide the suggestion and only took Noxivol prior to workouts.

Either way the powder form is far easier to dose than swallowing the horse pills of the old Noxipro.

--Effectiveness 8/10--

When taken by itself on days when my energy levels were naturally good it definitely helped with some enhanced pumps and better endurance. Nothing crazy but for being stimulant free this really impressed me as a PWO supplement. It would be great for anyone who doesn't like stimulants or is taking a break from them.

As I stated the BA tingles were very noticeable and provided a nice boost in endurance. Of the stimulant free PWO supplements I have taken this might be my new top performer. It was consistent for me as a standalone and was great stacked with another PWO. I would warn to watch using this stacked with another PWO if it also contains a strong dose of Beta Alanine. It could prove to be too much and you might end up feeling like you super dosed Niacin.

--Value 9/10--

If you use this one scoop at a time and only before workouts a tub will last you a pretty long time since there are 45 scoops per tub. I never felt the need to venture out past one scoop and as I said earlier didn't see any reason to take this product twice per day every day. So at around 30 bucks a tub this should last about two months at this dosing protocol. Pretty good with all things considered. If I was to take this at their recommended protocol I would rate the value at around a 6 or 7.

--Final Thoughts--

If you aren't big on stimulants or need to take a break I would advise putting this on your supplement radar for an added boost to your workouts.

December 1, 2013

Thanks to CTD Labs for allowing me the opportunity to try out Noxivol Powder. I had tried the pills previously with some success. However, the pills were very inconsistent for me and they are basically the size of footballs. Thankfully the guys over at CTD Labs came out with the powder version, which is exactly what is on the menu for this review.

Profile 7.5/10

Serving Size: 1 scoop (7.1g)
Servings per container: 45

Amount Per Serving
Noxivol Blend 5781mg
Nitric Support Matrix 71mg

Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavor, Silica, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Maltodextrin, FD&C Red #40.

Nothing really stands out to me as new or groundbreaking, but CTD put together a pretty solid profile.
The inclusion of beta alanine is a nice touch, and its seemingly in pretty large amounts (I wanted to rip my face off a few times because the tingles were really intense).
Obviously we can all do without the prop blends, but nbd for me to be honest.

Noxivol powder was a solid performer in all aspects for me.
The beta alanine was very prominent and provided some nice endurance related benefits.
The pump ingredients also worked very well for me at 2 scoops.
(At 1 scoop the effect was diminshed, though still present.)
Pumps at 2 scoops were consistent and massive for the first 2/3s of the container. Unfortunately, the pump effects began to dwindle as I progressed through the tub. Nonetheless, the endurance effects seemed to get better as I went through the tub, big plus there.
All in all, the effectiveness of Noxivol powder is well above average for products in this category and is on the cusp of being one of the best. A few additions would put this product over the top in terms of effectiveness, either way I really enjoyed using it.

Dosing/Mixability/Taste:

1-2 scoops preworkout, 2 is much more effective, simple.
Unfortunately on the tub it says to take 4 servings daily, which in my mind is kind of a waste and just a way for the tub to run out faster, ugh. Obviously its quite possible that the effectiveness goes up when taking 4 servings a day, but I just dont see a good reason for that dosing scheme.
I had the fruit punch flavor and honestly it tasted very chalky/mediciney, definitely not my favorite at all but tolerable nonetheless.
It mixes just fine.

Value: 4/10 ( 4 servings a day) -- 6.5/10 ( 2 servings a day) -- 8.5/10 ( 1 serving)

$30-$35 for 45 servings.
At 1 scoop the value is solid, and at 2 scoops it takes a slight dive.
As I stated above, the value takes a significant hit when following CTD Lab's dosing directions.
All in all a fair value at 2 scoops as I used it.

Noxivol Powder is definitely an improvement over the previous pills. I think its worth a shot if you can find it for a decent price.