Adrenal Reset Reviews

By: CTD Sports

FORUM TOPICS
Adrenal Reset is an Herbal Product manufactured by CTD Sports. It is a naturally occuring substance that is derived from natural elements/plants in nature.

January 16, 2016

• Effective
  • Increases Effectiveness Of Your PWO
  • Product Quality In Question
Well lately it seems my PWO stimulants haven't been working as well. I first tried my normal switching of my favorites to no avail. So upon the advice of Tim Terwilliger I wanted to give this a shot, trying to get my tolerance to stimulants in general lowered back down. In the past energy drinks do very little, caffeine pills don't either. Something needed to give.

Has a very short list of ingredients making up this supplement, check out the attached picture. As has been posted in some previous reviews I had to do some research on the Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder.
Here is what I found out:
This apparently is used to help give your own Adrenal gland less of a load. Basically substituting the function of your own gland.
Now here is where you can get a lot of mixed thoughts. Some research suggested that there is a question if the body can even properly use the bovine extract. Where is the extract actually gotten from and the safety associated with it. These would be good things to see on the label.
There is actually a condition known as adrenal fatigue which has to do with low cortisol and therapy regimens usually last a couple of months. As this is a 30 day supply I was curious if one bottle would do anything. I basically was left with a "take it and see" attitude.

Dosing consists of one tablet twice a day no more than three a day. There are 60 tablets so as I stated this is a 1-month supply. With a recommendation of "For best results, discontinue the use of stimulants while using this product". Which I tried my best to do. I did slip in the occasional chocolate and a couple of sodas since the holidays were here. But I cut out all the energy drinks a couple of months ago so this should be ok.

Now the good stuff. After about 2 weeks of using this I did actually feel a little more energized. Nothing like life changing but enough to notice.
My main goal was to try and get some of my tolerance to stimulants lowered specifically associated with my PWO. And this made a difference for me. I was able to cycle through a couple of my old PWO's and can honestly say my time at the gym has rocked this past week. Energy and just the will to move some weight was great.

Found this for around $16.00 which was about .50 a day. Very well worth it to me.

Didn't have any side affects that others had mentioned so this was also a plus.

Wrap up

Good things came from this. It worked really well for what I was aiming for. I'm going to continue to cycle out and off of my PWO's to keep the benefits going as long as I can.

Overall
Thanks to CTD Sports for sending it out!
  September 24, 2015

• Increases Effectiveness Of Your PWO
  • Not Made In A GMP Facility
  • Product Quality In Question

Intro

----------------
Having read some great things about this product here on SR, I really wanted to give it a shot. Not for reasons of wiping my adrenal glands clean and ridding myself of beloved caffeine mind you. My interests were more in the realm of keeping cortisol levels to a minimum and seeing how my body would respond in that regard. So with that in mind, I give you my review of CTD's Adrenal Reset.

Claims

---------------
Decrease Adrenal Fatigue and Cortisol

Ingredients

---------
Big props to CTD for a fully disclosed label on Adrenal Reset!

Pantothenic Acid -
A.K.A. Vitamin B5 - Helps reduce cortisol and other related hormones to result in feeling calm.

Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder -
Used orally to counter low adrenal function, fatigue and stress, however, some reports claim that it is unknown whether the human body can absorb adrenal extract and how it might work. There is also some caution given on WebMD that taking this extract without knowing its country of origin could be quite dangerous because it may have been obtained from a sick cow infected with mad cow disease.

Rhodiola Root Extract -
Used to increase energy, stamina, strength and sexual function. Also used to help the body adapt to physical, chemical and environment stress.

Schisandra Berry Powder -
Used to increase resistance to disease and stress, increase levels of energy, physical performance and endurance.

Licorice Root Powder -
Used to treat chronic fatigue syndrome, digestive issues and infections caused by bacteria and viruses.

Pregnenolone -
Used for fatigue, stress and increasing energy. The human body converts this to make hormones including testosterone and estrogen.

---------------
Directions state to take one tablet in the morning and another in the afternoon. Not to exceed 3 in a 24 hour period. For best results, discontinue the use of stimulants while taking this product.

Because cortisol is proven to be highest upon waking and after working out, I chose to take one tablet at that time each day.

Taste / Mixing

-----
Not the greatest smelling supplement, but no worse than a multi-vitamin. Each tasteless tablet went down easily with a small drink of water.

-----------------
At the time of this writing, a 60 serving bottle could be found for $16 at AllStarHealth. At two tablets a day, this is enough for a 30 day supply. Certainly cheap insurance to help cleanse your adrenal glands, decrease your cortisol levels and thereby increase your muscle building efforts.

-------
While this product is not touted as a muscle builder, I really wanted to use it in that manner. Again I had no interest in cleansing my adrenal glands for the purpose of improving my personal sensitivity to stimulants. Studies clearly indicate that putting stress on your muscles during a workout will raise your cortisol levels. And while cortisol is not the devil, its common reputation is that of a muscle wasting demon that will only aid in your gaining fat. Certainly the complete opposite of what most of us are here for. Scientifically speaking, cortisol inhibits insulin production and since insulin is necessary to shuttle protein into our muscle cells after a hard workout, then we certainly we don't want it around at that time.

So, did I notice a change in body composition from decreased cortisol? No
Was I expecting a change in body composition? Expecting? No. Desiring? Yes
Did I gain more benefit from my pre-workout drink from using Adrenal Reset? Yes, I most certainly did. Somewhere around week number 2 I started noticing increased levels of energy and focus from my favorite PWO Fully Loaded. This is a clear indication to me that this product does work as advertised.

-----------

Side Effects

----------
No foul burps or bad breath following dosage.

-----------

Final Words

---------
While there appears to be many ways to decrease cortisol levels in an attempt to maximize muscle building protein synthesis, (ie. Vitamin C and Glutamine) CTD's Adrenal Reset appears to be a well thought out product to add insurance in that regard. Most ingredients contained within Adrenal Reset are used widely for many different reasons, however, a common benefit to most of them appears to be decreasing levels of stress. Whether that be by way of reducing cortisol or a true adrenal gland cleansing remains to be proven scientifically.

On the topic of science, and while I would not directly accuse CTD of product quality issues, I will say that I was concerned to read about the hazards of consuming a product containing Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract. If infected product is in fact a true concern, then I highly recommend CTD putting some quality standards in place on their website as well as their packaging. In all my searching I could find no where a stamp of "made in the USA" or a "GMP Facility" to assuage my health concerns. This is unacceptable in my book. If a company truly cares about the health of its customers, they need to provide some quality control with certificates of origin and purity combined with some scientific backing of all the ingredients included in their products. It's a small thing to gain consumer trust and with all the shady goings-on in today's supplement industry, it is becoming mandatory for the ever increasing educated consumer base. Adrenal Reset obviously works so I say "Stand behind it fully." When CTD does that, I will to. Until then I say "Take caution."

Overall
Overall
6.6
Thanks to CTD Sports for sending it out!
  September 3, 2015

• Great Value
  • Effective
  • Reduced Stress
  • Lethargy*
  • Headaches**
I was given the opportunity to test and review CTD Sports: Adrenal Reset through the SRTroops program here on SupplementReviews.com, which I want to give a BIG Shout out and THANK YOU to SupplementReviews and CTD Sports! Thank you for participating in our TROOPS reviewing program, and personally for the chance to test and review this product! This review is for the 60 serving product, in Tablet form (60 total tablets). This is not a paid review, but one that I was given the product for free in exchange of submitting a completely honest review. This is not the first product from CTD that I have had nor the first I reviewed, but is the first "Adrenal Reset" supplement that I have had.

Formula
Seen below in the Supplement Facts image, you can see this product contains 6 Active ingredients (875mg) all FULLY DISCLOSED aka no Proprietary Blends! For those who aren't aware, Proprietary Blends are ingredients listed in a total mix where the dosages of each are not known. There are many drawbacks to the consumer when the ingredients are given in this way, and can potentially cause harm to you especially when combined with other products of similar ingredients or contraindications. I include the supplement label in my reviews in case a product does a non-disclosed ingredient change in such a way you know that the product in this review is the one that matches your label.

"Adrenal Fatigue causes not only a deficiency in hormones, but also a deficiency in many of the vitamins, minerals and essential compounds that our bodies need to function efficiently. Your blood tests might show that you are within range for many of these nutrients, but fatigue and low energy levels often suggest otherwise. Just like hormone levels, you should be aiming for the optimal levels of these vitamins and minerals, not just the minimum levels." http://goo.gl/u3kWTJ

"Vitamins B5, B6, B12
These important B vitamins play an important role in cell metabolism. Improving your metabolic pathways boosts your energy levels and is a great way to reduce the fatigue often felt during AFS. B5 helps to produce co-enzyme A, which contributes to cellular respiration and the breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. B6 acts in several of the pathways that are used to create adrenal hormones. And B12 helps with energy production, cell repair and the maintenance of our red blood cells. The amounts that you need of each are quite different, for example you should be aiming for 1000mg of B5, 50mg of B6 and 100mcg of B12 as a good starting dose."

Pantothenic Acid is just Vitamin B5, but besides the many benefits of taking it the most important in this case is "stimulating stress-related hormones produced in the adrenal glands, small glands that sit atop the kidneys." With 1000mg being a starting point, we can see that with the dosing protocol CTD suggests that you will around 900mg with 2 servings. Sadly we do not need additional B Vitamins to help with this product, but could potentially aid in Adrenal Recovery.

Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder: There are many benefits for this ingredient "By mouth, adrenal extract is used for low adrenal function, fatigue, stress, lowered resistance to illness, severe allergies, asthma, certain skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis." In addition to this one issue I had and some others might is if it is indeed Prion free? "Prions are the microorganisms responsible for mad cow disease, also known as Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis (BSE)" Not that I will be able to tell at this point, but I do not feel any of the associated symptoms etc and hopefully this isn't something easily found in powdered form. I have seen that Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder sourced from pigs/hogs is prion free, which might not be as easily obtained.

"Rhodiola is used for many conditions, but so far, there isn't enough scientific evidence to determine whether or not it is effective for any of them. Rhodiola is used for increasing energy, stamina, strength and mental capacity; and as a so-called "adaptogen" to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. It is also used for improving athletic performance, shortening recovery time after long workouts, improving sexual function; for depression; and for heart disorders such as irregular heartbeat and high cholesterol."

"Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance." Think of this ingredient as your system detox mainly the liver, which allows the removal of toxin buildup.

"Licorice is also used for osteoarthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), liver disorders, malaria, tuberculosis, food poisoning, and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Licorice is sometimes used along with the herbs Panax ginseng and Bupleurum falcatum to improve the function of the adrenal glands, especially in people who have taken steroid drugs long-term. Steroids tend to suppress the activity of the adrenal glands. The adrenal glands produce important hormones that regulate the body's response to stress." Unfortunately no ginseng was included in Adrenal Reset, but it would help aid in this process along with providing a great level of energy for non-stimulant use.

I wasn't able to find much research on Pregnenolone, but quoting Momo is a good overall statement on what I was able to find about it "This is used to help fight off Fatigue and stress, as you know, when staying on a high stimulant for too long, when you come off, you feel like it is too hard to even open the door to your car. In addition, it helps fight off Depression; many of us are used to the "I want to kill everything in the gym" affect when we are on stimulants; many of us miss that feeling."

Ok, I feel like I need a degree just to read this label let alone the amount of research needed just to understand the effects of this product! That being said I am sad to say that CTD does not reproduce any of this on their website, but only gives you the claims as listed in the effectiveness section below. I would encourage CTD to produce some information giving a brief explanation of the ingredients contained, which I have done above to some extent but not fully! I wasn't planning on doing a heavy amount of research for this review, but I am happy I have done so for it does help you understand what the product will do for you and in such a way you won't expect anything more. Great profile of ingredients, dosage seems appropriate at 1-2 tablets for some ingredients.

Mixability/Taste/Dosing
No Mixability here with these tablets, unless you do not know how to swallow the tablets and I would not suggest breaking them up to mix either as Herbs are typical not tasty! I started dosing this product at 1 tablet in the morning, and 1 midafternoon but eventually I went to taking 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening which seemed to hold the effectiveness as it was established initially. The directions state "take 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the afternoon". I typically would take the first dose of 1 capsule in the morning with breakfast (6AM or 830AM), or before the gym on my off work days (fasted). The evening dose I would take typically on an empty stomach, and with food on my off work days (normally around 630PM each day). No taste here and these capsules were very gentle which meant they were quite easy to swallow.

Effectiveness (8/10)
Since joining Supplement Reviews and becoming part of the SRTROOPS/Expert Reviewers program I find myself being sustained with an influx of Pre-Workouts and other stimulant products, but at what cost? The cost I am referring to is the cost to my health and overall well-being and with that in mind the proposed Adrenal Gland issues. Lethargy is something that I have experienced a great deal since taking my previous fat burner (most recent at the time of writing this review), which I do not typically experience with the consistent use of Pre-Workouts. Normally I work out with a few days off in between, but recently I have been working out 6 days straight with 1 day off after day 2 or 5 days straight with no days off. Being my workouts have been in this regard I have not had much issue with Lethargy, as I would only use Pre-Workouts on the actual workout days. Before starting this product I did come from a Pre-Workout cycle of about 6 weeks, so I feel my tolerance buildup for stimulants were not as high. Previous to those 6 weeks I did have a stimulant break with a stimulant free Pre-Workout, which I am greatly missing currently.

With Adrenal Reset I had two separate mini cycles during my usage of the product:
-1st Protocol: 2 weeks with 2 doses a day, with no stimulant use at all.
-2nd Protocol: 2 weeks with 2 doses a day, with stimulant use.

Fortunately enough I did not see much of a difference with and without Stimulant usage, but that doesn't speak too well for the product either. Why would I run a stimulant product with a product that is supposed to help rejuvenate your stimulant tolerance build up? Because of two reasons: for 1 I was need to review a Pre-Workout (not a good reason), and 2 for the fact I was having Lethargy with and without the stimulants in addition to the Adrenal Reset. So in my experience I do feel I used the product as intended, for the directions state "For best results, discontinue the use of stimulants while using this product". For further information about the "side effects" experience check below.

So did the product work? It wasn't until around day 8 before I could actually tell a difference, but once I did it was very effective and seemed to become even more effective as each day went by. The "Natural Energy" claim did seem like it helped, but wasn't nearly enough for someone needing higher amounts of stimulants (which would be the type of person wanting to use this product after all). I did in fact see a moderate reduction of stress aka cortisol while using this product, but not enough to make up the lack of energy/lethargy.

Side Effects/Issues
*While taking this product without any stimulants and with stimulants I found myself becoming more and more lethargic around midday, which was as if I was dragging on the ground (yes it was bad). Since it wasn't until day 8 when I really saw this working I endured 6 additional days of this feeling before deciding to include stimulants in conjunction of this product, hence protocol 2. There were days I will not lie that I had to take a energy boosting product (nootropics) just to stay awake, which was because I was at work and had no other means. I did have a soda twice while utilizing protocol 2, which I rarely ever have one and thus was saddened by the fact I had to just to stay awake yet again. **Side effect number two was experienced when taking 1 dose right before bed, which in the morning I woke up with a aching headache on multiple occasions. It was such an issue that I work up in the middle of the night to find myself noticing it, which happened while utilizing protocol 1 & 2. During protocol 2 I would take a stimulant in the morning, which would zap this headache. I was taking in an appropriate amount of water while taking this product, and outside of taking this product which points away from the headache being related to dehydration.

The only issue I have is that tablets are more difficult to take rather than capsules, while I am sure there is a cost difference and reason to believe the extended type of release being the reason for them I am not really upset with it being a tablet.

Value (8.4/10)
The value on this product is actually quite good, but it really is only necessary for those having issues in these departments. For normal healthy adults you will find it helpful, but unless you are really stressed or having a HIGH stimulant usage you may not benefit from this and thus the value would not be appropriate. You can find this product for $16 easily, which is really cheap! That makes this product come to $0.27 a serving, or $0.53 a day following the 2 tablets a day protocol.

Overall (6.6/10)
This product proved to be effective in my experience and thus I recommend it to anyone that is really experiencing issues with stress or high stimulant issues. I would like to recommend that CTD break outside of their "no ingredient information included" type of product advertisement, as it will only allow them to watch their formulas more closely and allow the consumer to focus on why to choose their product over another "Adrenal Reset". I am a bit intrigued with the prion issue as stated above, which I would like to see the AGE powder sourced from a different animal. Lastly I would recommend that CTD takes this product a step forward with including more energy boosting ingredients that will allow the user to discontinue usage of stimulants completely while using this product (such ingredients would include the previously mentioned B vitamins and ginseng).

I want to say thank you again to SupplementReviews and CTD Sports for allowing me the opportunity to review their product Adrenal Reset. Thank you for reading, and comment below!

May 7, 2015

• Helps You Relax
  • Smooth Energy
  • Mental Recover
  • Physical Recovery
    First, a little background for why I used this product.

I run a high stim pre-workout about 5 times a week. On top of that I ran 8 weeks of Ostarine into another 8 weeks of Alphamine. Not something I would do again or recommend to anyone. Well, after not taking a break that was well overdue I started to feel adrenal fatigue. I was living with a general sense of unwellness, tiredness or "gray" feelings. I often had to use coffee and other stimulants to get going in the morning and to prop myself up during the day. But after a while it got to a point where it didn't help no matter what I did. Being tired and feeling like you move with the speed of a sloth and still wanting to train doesn’t go hand in hand. So along with going a couple weeks without a high stim supplement I decided to add Adrenal Reset by CTD Sports into the mix.

Ingredient Profile 9/10

Here's a rundown of the ingredient label and a brief explanation for why it's in Adrenal Reset

Pantothenic Acid 450mg (Vitamin B5)-Helps reduce stress levels and improve the immune system.

Licorice Root Powder 50mg – Herb that is used for ulcers, arthritis, influenza and the main purpose, it helps control cortisol levels.

Pregnenolone 25mg – Used to help with fatigue, depression and stress.

Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder 150mg – Helps lower back pain that you feel from adrenal fatigue.

Rhodiola Root Extract 100mg – This is the most important ingredient imo. Awesome energy outputs when I've supplemented it alone and it was the same experience with Adrenal Reset as well.

Schisandra Berry Powder 100mg – Herb that is used to detoxify the liver.

Altogether this is a very solid ingredient label.

1 cap in the morning and 1 cap in the evening, simple and no taste since these are pills.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I went from feeling terrible and worn out constantly to energetic and happy at all times. I know my break from stims helped aide in these feeling but I can't help but think Adrenal Reset had a lot to do with this. After about 2 weeks I felt a significant difference that my body never felt broken or run down. I also drank self brewed cold green tea with ginger and ginseng for my pre-workout during this time. My body felt “cleansed” if you will after running through the 4 weeks. After finishing my bottle I decided to test my tolerance to stims, mostly from Beta-Stim I’m running for the SR TROOPS. I feel it hit a lot harder than I would have prior to Adrenal Reset. Even pre-workouts and stims such as yohimbe that I have been use to hit me harder and faster. Still decided if this is a good thing or not lol.

Value 8.5/10

A quick search on priceplow can show you that Adrenal Reset runs anywhere from $16-$20 depending on your preferred vendor. I think this is a good value with all of the natural ingredients you receive for a month supply.

Conclusion

This is something I absolutely recommend for anyone to try if they feel like their adrenal glands are taxed. Simply taking a complete break from stims may work just as well, or it may not. It’ll have to be something I test out in the future to see how both methods compare. But for a small price tag to help aid in quicker recovery I wouldn't see a reason why not to give it a shot.

January 21, 2014

• Relived Lower Back Pains
    • Helps You Relax
      Hey SR, here is my review of CTD Labs Adrenal Reset!

I would like to thank Kenny for sending me a bottle of this to run

Adrenal fatigue can affect anyone who experiences frequent mental, emotional or physical stress. Taking stimulants for long periods of time can put you in Adrenal Fatigue. I for one am a Stimulant Junky. It is a fact, the longer we are on stimulants without taking a break, it reduces the effectiveness of stimulants on your body. Adrenal Reset is designed to reset your adrenal system to stimulants.

Profile -9

Here is what's in the bottle:

Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 450mg AKA (Vitamin B5), it is used to help the nervous system to communicate with the brain. It helps reduce stress levels and improve the immune system.

Licorice Root Powder 50mg – This is one of those herbs that is used for many things like:

Influenza
      Ulcers
      Arthritis
      One of the main reasons is in Adrenal reset; it helps with nervousness by encouraging the functions of the adrenal glands. In addition, it controls a nasty stress hormone which we hate...Cortisol

Pregnenolone 25mg – This is used to help fight off Fatigue and stress, as you know, when staying on a high stimulant for too long, when you come off, you feel like it is too hard to even open the door to your car. In addition, it helps fight off Depression; many of us are used to the "I want to kill everything in the gym" affect when we are on stimulants; many of us miss that feeling.

Bovine Adrenal Glandular Extract Powder 150mg – This can help with lower back pains (we get from our Kidneys) when we are experiencing Adrenal Fatigue. It helps with depression and alcohol withdrawal (Our pre-workouts can be our Hennessey)

Rhodiola Root Extract 100mg – This is used to help increase exercise output (Hint, no Pre-Workout needed), fights depression, and improve energy levels. In addition, it helps the body recover from exercise, improves memory, and countless other benefits; Rhodiola, by itself, should be one of those supplements part of our daily regimen.

Schisandra Berry Powder 100mg – This herb is used in Eastern Medicine to help Detoxify the liver by removing toxins. In addition, this helps balance your energy without the use of Caffeine.

Dosing – 10
      I took one pill in the morning and one in the afternoon, very simple; do not have to worry about taste and not burping up powder.

Effective – 8.5

The reason I wanted to use Adrenal Reset was due to just feeling a bit burn out, I started upping my dose of my pre-workout; in fact, I started getting stinging pain right above my right kidney. I decided to start taking this while I was starting to taper off my pre-workout, which at the time was PNI Prodigy, which I will be positing a review on this soon.

During the 1st week off my pre-workout, I decided to incorporate some strength training using compound exercises, to see where I was without my "Crack". During my initial 3 days on Adrenal Reset, I did not notice too much, as a matter of fact, I lose some strength; however, by the end of the week, I started to feel stronger, not like I was on a pre-workout, but a normal clear headed strength. By the 2nd week, I did not feel the need to drink anything that had any kick and the most important thing to me, kidney pains left; I felt relaxed and clear minded. Keep in mind, Adrenal Rest is not designed to replace your pre-workout; the energy you get from it does not compare.

Valued – 9

Adrenal Reset is priced at a range where you will not have to break the bank, between $16 to $20 are the price range; based on what online company you shop with. You get a full 30 day cycle, not bad for the funds.

Overall – 9

This is a great product to have on hand when you are cycling off any pre-workout or any supplement with high amounts of stimulants. In my opinion, this is prefect for those who stay wired for 2 months on without a break. Some of us practice the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (Pulse Cycle) method, which in some cases, allows you to stay on a Stimulant longer. I think we should give our nervous system a break from the "Fight or Flight" mode, Adrenal Reset can help you take a break; keep in mind, when you get back on your stimulants, they will just like the first time you took that scoop or popped that pill.