17 Hardcore has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

17 Hardcore Reviews

By: CTD Sports

17 Hardcore is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by CTD Sports. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

17 Hardcore has been reported as discontinued.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

July 14, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dose
  • No Sides
  • Recomping & Leaning Effects
  • Good Hardening Agent
  • Not Highly Effective
Thanks to CTD for participating in SR's Expert Reviewer program and allowing me to run 17-Hardcore.

I hadn't heard much about 17-Hardcore when I signed up to try it and I'll admit I was wary when my research revealed the product being marketed as a PH alternative. The bottle lists the effects of free testosterone increase, improved nitrogen retention, and enhanced mental focus. Considering this would be my first CTD Labs product, I was worried I was going to end up with a poor impression of a company that seems very "up-and-coming".

I do not generally list ingredient profiles/summaries in my reviews. Considering the unique nature of this product I will refer anyone interested in knowing more about the individual components to FlashSunday's excellent review of 17-Hardcore. (Scroll down)

DOSING/SIDES:
Super easy. One pill, once a day. Instructions call for the daily dose to be 30 minutes preworkout on training days. The ER's who received this product were also asked not to use a preworkout while taking 17-Hardcore. As is my custom, I dosed the product as instructed, but also experimented a bit with timing and stacking. I experienced absolutely no sides from 17-H.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7.8/10
I was pleasantly surprised by the effects I experienced while running 17-Hardcore. Straight up, I am going to admit I did not experience PH-like gains from 17-H, nor did I feel any sort of energy boost or true testosterone increase. As a recomping/leaning agent however, I thought 17-H had some very positive effects.

The month I ran this product I was relatively dialed in with my routines and diet. I was on vacation for much of that time and as such imbibed much more frequently than usual. Despite the negative factors, I still noticed an increase in my overall body composition and muscle hardness. Further, I noticed these changes pretty quickly after starting 17-H. My core was tighter and more defined, I saw a nice jump in definition and vascularity in my arms, and my whole frame felt stronger and more powerful.

Unlike Flash I didn't feel that 17-H provided a jump in mental focus or aggression, but I did have some solid strength gains despite primarily running a caloric deficit. It was nothing outstanding, but during a time frame when I was expecting to lose strength, I was pretty excited to find myself easily able to maintain/increase on most lifts.

As stated above I did mix it up a bit with the dosing protocol. I actually preferred taking the product in the AM with my other pills as it was in this case where I did feel a slight boost in stamina. Nothing remarkable or really anything I can attribute directly to 17-H, but still worth noting. I also tried this product with a preworkout a few times, and on the whole didn't feel that 17-H really did anything for me in terms of immediate preworkout effects.

VALUE: 5.1/10
For what it does I just don't think 17-Hardcore is a good value. It's not the easiest product to buy as it's not carried by many of the major online distributors, and the cheapest I could find it was for $38.95 on TFSupplements. This equates to a per dose cost of $1.30. Considering I can get full bottles of actual prohormones for less than that makes the price point of 17-H very weak. Although I liked its effects, they simply weren't drastic enough for me to want to spend $40 on this product alone.

Please note, I am NOT condoning the use of prohormones. I simply wanted to provide a reference point.

OVERALL: 6.5/10
I like what CTD Labs is trying to do with this product but feel it feel just a bit short, at least in my case. I think with a few tweaks and a much lower price point, 17-Hardcore could be an excellent addition to any recomping or cutting stack. It does have some nice effects that, in conjunction with strong diet and exercise routines, make it a neat stack addition for someone with deep pockets.

I'd also consider recommending this to a person under the age of 21 or new to exercise who finds themselves attracted to PH's. While I didn't experience full blown PH effects, I feel this product is one of those tricky ones that works well for some people and not at all for others. At the very least it's a unique take on a hardening agent and worth a look for some people.

July 13, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dose
  • Aggression
  • No Sides
  • Not Highly Effective
Hello SR family. I finished this product a little while back thanks to the ER crew and CTD labs. I wanted to give it the fairest evaluation possible because this is probably one of the lesser known items in CTD's lineup.

Copied from CTD

***17 Hardcore by CTD Labs is the most intense myotrophic muscle builder since Halodrol 50. 17 Hardcore will give you pro hormone like results without the unwanted side effects that come from taking them. 17 Hardcore is designed to absorb into your system in minutes, giving you an intense feeling of power and endurance. This scientific blend will also increase your focus and concentration to help drive intensity like never before. 17 Hardcore promotes and increases the free testosterone in your body while cell regeneration and recovery is maximized.***

So basically, they are claiming this as a natural test booster/preworkout pill that works because the ingredients work fast to release free testosterone, which will in turn increase your power, endurance, focus, ect.

How do they plan on doing that? Lets take a look shall we?
CTD Labs 17 Hardcore Ingredients Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Glabra 100 mg
Beta Ecdysterone 100 mg
Phosphatidyl Choline 100 mg
Citric Acid 50 mg

I am going to be completely honest and tell you right off the bat that I have no friggin clue what any of that stuff is.

17-HD: "17-HD (17- Halo-Methyl-Dianadrone) is a revolutionary all natural anabolic formula designed to help pack on lean muscle pounds. It elevates serum levels of free testosterone resulting in an increase in strength, size, and work-out intensity. The patent pending hydroxalation process rearranges the hydrogen and oxygen molecules on the natural steroid ring of a highly anabolic South American plant source. However, there are no additional synthetic "side chain" attached (This would be classified as a designer steroid because the synthetic side chain is added). This potent substrate is in your system in a matter of minutes giving a rush of pure power which reaches every muscle cell in your body. It is not only highly androgenic and anabolic but it also causes rapid cell regeneration, and is anti-estrogenic as well. If your looking for a leaner more muscular physique, and hair raising intensity during your workouts, Then 17-HD is the answer. After only one pill you can't deny the amazing power of this cutting edge phenomenon. 17-HD is the new King of natural muscle enhancement."

Wild Yam: Hypothesized to have DHEA-like properties and act as a precursor to human sex hormones.

Glabra: This is the plant that licorice is derived from. Liquorice affects the body's endocrine system as it contains isoflavones (phytoestrogens). It might lower the amount of serum testosterone slightly, but whether it affects the amount of free testosterone is unclear.

Beta Ecdysterone:Research into Beta Ecdysterone has suggested it has a powerful anabolic effect on muscles which is achieved by enhancing protein synthesis which subsequently leads to an increase in muscle mass. It's also claimed that Beta Ecdysterone is a powerful growth promoter with no hormonal side effects which are associated with the other forms of anabolics.

Phosphatidyl Choline: Acts as an antioxidant and may help increase recovery/slow the aging process.

OK so having that covered. Some ingredients have some scientific data behind it, some look a little more sketchy. I also read that the effective dose for the Ecdysterone was 5mg/kg, which puts the dose at about 20% effective rate. So lets get into the meat and potatoes.

------

Intensity/Aggression(8.5/10)

---

One of the more shining moments in the gym. I didn't take any pwo the second half of this run, but boy I could hardly tell. Aggression was pretty unreal. Once I got going I wanted to rip out set after set and if left to my own devices would stay at the gym way too long. My motivation was a lot higher, the only thing I can compare it to is PH intensity levels or a fresh scoop of Muscle Marinade.

--------

Strength/Size(7/10)

---------

I don't really think this had a profound impact on muscle strength and size but to be fair I was trying to cut a little while I was taking this. I do feel like it helped me keep muscle size and lose fat as opposed to muscle and for about two weeks this was the only product I was taking besides Licogenix.

-------

Pumps/Hardness(7/10)

---------

Workout pumps were average at best. Probably no better than taking nothing at all. I was, however, noticing that I was increasing in overall muscle hardness and fullness. I just felt solid and didn't feel as deflated as one does if you are in a calorie deficit and trying to lift with intensity.

Overall effectiveness is a ***7.5***. This is why. There are a lot of products out there that work well, especially stacked with other products. This is one of the few products I have taken solo and been like, yeah I feel it. Nothing mind-blowing mind you. I'm not talking 20mg of superdrol and I wasn't getting tweaked like a heavy stim. It did increase workout focus and once you got in it game on and good luck stopping. The muscle hardness, fullness, and strength from "increased free testosterone" aside, I liked the fact that I could tell it was working by its little lonesome.

--------

Dosing/Sides(10/10)

---------

Nothing to complain about here. Dosing is 1 cap 30 minutes before you workout. I got no side-effects whatsoever that I can attribute to this product. I have had some slightly high BP issues but can't say this is related at all.

------------

Price(6/10)

-------------

The price on this product is a little hard to swallow. The cheapest I found it for was 40 bucks at lockout. That's about 1.33 per pill! I personally dosed this on both workout and non-workout days because I figured I would get the most out of it taking it every day, but I suppose you could take it on workout days only and stretch a bottle out for 6-7 weeks. The everyday cost is just a bit too much for a non-essential product such as this.

----------

Overall(7/10)

-------------

Short and sweet to wrap up. I didn't dislike this product, but the cost doesn't match the benefits in my mind. The positives were there, the concentration, aggression, muscle hardness, but not to the levels that I would deem, "worth it" to run this product as part of a stack. But then again, this product may fit your goals just right and you might run it differently than I did and stretch the value a little. I tried it, it was ok but nothing show-stopping, whether its worth a shot is up to you.