White Flood Reviews

By: Controlled Labs

White Flood is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Controlled Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

June 15, 2015

• Focus

Long time stalker of SR, first time reviewer. Myself, I'm a supp guinea pig. Something self induced since I first got in to the supplement scene, pilfering zip-lock bags of Jack3d from friends, fiending for the 1,3 Dimeth buzz. Probably not as perverse or wierd as I make it sound, but it's been a journey none-the-less! I'm an Aussie, so given our government regulations and a few of the reformulations that hit our shores, it's worth noting that there could be a difference to the product that I review VS. what you could be having in a different country. Will do my best to specify if the formula appears to be different.

Currently on a bulk, sitting at 5'9, 82 kgs (190lbs) - 3000 cal, running a Power/Hypertrophy routine 5 days/week. At a consistent 3000 cal my weight is more of a maintenance - lucky me, I guess. Volume is a progressive overload, and run a sort of 5/3/1 on my lower body power lifts before getting into the rest of the workout. Big nutritional sciences/biochemistry fan.

I'm on to my second tub of White Flood (no rest/cycle off between tubs) and still remains one of the more consistent pre workouts that I've had, even through the reformulations and different versions.

I'm not a huge fan of prop blends, and err on the side of caution when purchasing a product with a prop blend, but given I've ran a number of White Flood tubs over the years, I continue to do so.

Reborneuro Complex - The rebornneuro complex is a stimulant prop blend with pretty standard stimulants, Natural Caffeine (From Coffea Arabica) at 225 mg, Glucuronolactone, Evodiamine, Vinpocetine & Schizandra Chinensis Fruit (Extracted for Schizandrol a).

Given I'm a bit of a stim junky, I actually like that fact that caffeine is only at 225mg - it lets me keep a few other caffeine sources in through out the day from coffee, etc without stressing out my nervous system and adrenal glands too much. The buzz I find is clean, and not one I crash from. Given I usually have it on an empty stomach (except for being stacked with a BCAA/EAA) as I train fasted in the AM, I notice the pep the majority of the time, however the effects feel as though they diminish the more I get towards the end of the tub. Glucuronolactone is a pretty standard pairing for caffeine, given even energy drink makers were on to it in the beginning. Again, it's a prop blend so hard to say the dosage. The inclusion of Schizandra Chineses Fruit for the Schizandrol A extraction as a nootropic/neuro stimulant is a thumbs up. The stimulant blend as a whole keeps me with good focus and a good buzz, with the highlight probably being the length at which it lasts, especially given my hypertrophy workouts can push towards the 90 minute mark.

Enduropump Complex - Again, there's nothing stand out here. L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate, Beta Alanine, Betaine Anhydrous, L-Norvaline.

I'm not against the inclusion of any form of L-Carnitine, however very interested to see the dosing, as that would play a big part, otherwise it would be a pointless inclusion. As a supplement, carnitine in most of its stages, like others, is still at early days when it comes to published research. Dosing would play a big part in its effectiveness. It could be a contibuter to my focus as a cognitive enhancer, however. As always, a big fan of heavy dosing of beta alanine. Again, given it is a prop blend, dosage would be the key part here. I can't say I've had noticable Parasthesia ("pre workout tingles"), but pushing reps and endurance has always been a big take away for me with white flood.

Commenting on the lemonade flavour, but big fan! Could be a bit too sharp for some people, and is the feedback I've been given from people I've given a serve or two too in the past, but a plus from me.

No problem with mixability.

Dosing at a scoop (Or heaped scoop!) was plenty. Felt no need to increase the dosage.

As mentioned in the Ingredient profile, I find the energy clean and consistent. The caveat being though that while it is a product I find myself coming back to, it is one that I 'get used too' when it comes to the stimulating effect. Other pre-workouts I have had consistently in the past I've not felt the stimulant effects change, however I do with White Flood, and find the "buzz" seems to dull the more consistently that I run it.

My strength levels remain consistent, though I would say the increases in my strength come from the programming of my workout and progressive overload, not the product itself. I will say however that the intensity over my workout remains consistent, regardless of its length - one thing I've found that puts White Flood above others. If its longevity in workout that you're looking for, I would reccomend White Flood.

Tubs of pre-workout here in Aus generally sit around the same price point, between 59.95 - 79.95. Serving size for White Flood is quite standard compared to other pre workouts, but the added bonus of not having to double scopp helped the longevity of the tub. Stim junkies might find, like other products, the tub will run shorter if shooting for a scoop and a half.

Side Effects

No side effects that I could mention.

Conclusion

All in all, I am a fan of White Flood and at the end of the day there is a reason that I keep coming back to it.

The main take aways from the product for me are 1) Clean energy, and 2) longevity of workout/endurance.

If you are a stim junkie and looking for a product heavier on stimulants, I would reccomend another supplement. That's not to say that 225mg from Coffea Arrabica is small, but I'm sure that are people out there would prefer products dosed towards the 400mg level.

January 6, 2015

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Mixes Great
    • No Pump

I've tried several pwo's in the past, Jack3d, NO Xplode, Adrenolyn, M5, pretty much them all. Finally came across WF reborn about 1.5 yrs ago because i was looking for something with a clean profile, no creatine. For first few tubs I stacked with Green Mag and Purple Wraath, occasionally Hemavol.

9.5
    Very clean profile. You know exactly what's in there. No prop blends. 225 mg of caffeine. Not too extreme but gets the job done.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---9.5

Juicy Watermelon 8/10
    First tub I got was Watermelon. Tasted a lot like Watermelon Jolly Rancher but with a slight bitter aftertaste.
    Electric Lemonade 10/10
    By far my favorite flavor. Honestly have yet to try a better tasting pwo flavor. Very clean. Not too sweet, not too sour. Awesome when mixed with Green Mag Green Apple. No bitter after taste.
    Furious Fruit Punch 9/10
    Clean taste although has same slight bitter aftertaste like Watermelon.
    White Pineapple 8/10
    If you like pina colada you will love this. Just too sweet for me.

White Flood Reborn always mixes well. No clumping. Smooth.

This is a true 1 scoop pre workout. 1 scoop always seemed to do the job for me. Occasionally i would go up to 1.5 scoops and still feel good. 2 scoops just made me jittery and anxious. 1-1.5 scoops seems to be the sweet spot.

Very very clean energy. Nothing that will knock your socks off like the old Jack3d or Craze, but provides clean sustained energy throughout the workout. Energy would last me well after workout and tapered off slowly. Never experienced a bad crash with WFR. If you're looking for something to make you feel like a beast, probably not WFR. More of a clean feeling. Could probably stay in the gym for 1.5-2 hours with good sustained energy. Never built up too much of a tolerance.

Focus 7/10

No crazy locked in focus. Just smooth feeling of I'm going to get the job done. No tunnel vision or beast mode feeling. Again best word is "clean"

Pump 7/10

Never felt a totally awesome pump. Provides the pump of any run of the mill pwo. Nothing special. No vein popping pumps.

Always got this on a good deal online. Usually BOGO or BOGO half off. I always got 25 ish servings per 30 serving tub as I would dose a little over a scoop occasioanlly.

Overall

8.5/10
    I'm a fan of WFR. Definitely in my top 3 pre workouts. It really wins on taste and clean. steady energy.

October 7, 2014

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Mixes Great
    • Weaker Than Other Leading Pre Workout Products
    I have used a few tubs of WFR. I wanted to give it a review because in true Controlled Labs fashion they nailed the flavor. I was excited to have a pineapple flavored product, since some flavors get done over and over and over. It isn't going to deliver a huge stimulant boost, but it is plenty powerful enough for most people.

Taste: Pineapple 10/10 reminds me of pineapple jolly rancher

Stimulant: 6/10 good for late workouts, not over powering

Pump: 6/10 not many pump properties to this one, however it is made to stack with White Pump.

Overall: 7/10 Great tastes, Versatile, decent price.

August 19, 2013

• No Bloat
    • Solid Pumps
    • Upset Stomach
    Used as a PW during my last cutting, chose it beacuse it doesn't have creatine and the price was very good. Got it on a BOGO at BB for around 17 bucks. 2x 20 servs for 17!

Price: 9. Each scoop was 42 cents for me. Using 2 scoops I could keep it under 1 dollar (0.84). Think it's very good.

Ingredients: 6. Good profile but with some proprietary blends. So I'm taking 1 point here due blends. For me it was sub-dosed. 2 scoops will do the job very well.

Taste: 7. Got the "furious fruit punch". Good taste but a weird beet juice aftertaste. No complains here. Should add more water to keep it less sweet and better to drink.

Mixability: 7. Few clumps when used with less water. No big deal.

Effectiveness: 8. Good pumps, good vascularity. Does the job! I could feel the tingles from beta alanine, the focus was good too. But I think the stims aren't that strong (at least for me!). So it became a good choice because I work out after 6pm 80% of my time. Could take it around 6pm and didn't mess with my sleep.

Side-Effects: 5 (less is better). When I increased from 1 to 2 scoops (on the 3rd day) I spent the next 3 days going at least 5 times to the bathroom. Then it was ok.

Recommend? Yes.

June 5, 2013

• Initial Taste Is Great
    • After Taste
    I've always wanted to try a Controlled Labs product since I've heard nothing but good things about the brand. What drew me to White Flood in particular was the fact that is contains ZERO creatine and the value is amazing. One could get 100 servings for around $35. That's right at .35 a serving. Again once more this is the original formula and not the Reborn formula out now.

Dosing: The product itself calls for 1-2 scoops. I personally only took 1 scoop because I felt that was enough to work for me and it helped stretched my dollar.

Ingredients 8/10: White Flood contains a Nitric Oxide complex, endurance complex, and a energy complex. I'll dive into the first two.
    1) The NO complex contains Citrulline, Ornithine, and Carnitine Tartrate. The exact dosage is hidden inside the complex which it alone contains 1500mg. I feel that is very underdosed, but some is better than none. Citrulline in my opinion works better than arginine in facilitating a pump. The body will take Citrulline, convert it to Arginine and then to NO. It also helps reduce the formation of lactic acid which helps one to workout longer and harder. Ornithine works wonders and when combined with Arginine (which one gets with the breakdown of Citrulline) and Carnitine it only boosts it's muscle building effects. Ornithine as stated earlier helps to build muscle, but it also helps to prevent muscle atrophy(loss) due to aging, and also aids in fat loss. The most intriguing thing I found in my study of Ornithine is that it increases both insulin and Growth-Hormone levels which are essential to build and maintain muscle during intense physical training. Lastly, Carnitine Tartrate benefits include increased strength and endurance, helps promote muscle growth, and recovery to name a few. The NO blend is amazing but unfortunatelt suffers from being underdosed potentially even with 2 scoops.
    2) The Endurance complex contains one of my favorite supplements, Beta Alanine, and L-Tyrosine. The benefits of Beta-Alanine can take up a page and even more if I were to describe how it works in the body to help boost the synthesis of carnosine, but I'll spare the unsuspecting individual all of that and list a few of the benefits and they are: It boosts explosive muscular strength and power output, increases muscle mass, boosts anaerobic endurance, boosts aerobic endurance, allows one to train harder and longer. L-Tyrosine's main benefit is the mental focus it gives and lastly It also helps with stress. The Endurance complex I feel is also underdosed and even potentially at two scoops.

Taste 7.5/10: I've only tried the juicy grape flavor so I can't speak for the others but the grape flavor isn't bad at all. My only complaint is the after taste, and in fact if I were to split up the initial taste and the after taste into two separate grades then I would give the initial taste a 9/10.

Mixing 10/10: This product mixes easily without any problems whatsoever. I used a blender bottle anyway and it makes mixing anything a lot easier.

Effectiveness 8.5/10: Now this may come as a surprise to some seeing as I stated earlier how the blends are underdosed, but I really do feel a jolt from this product. When I take on an empty stomache I even get the tingles from the beta-alanine. There's not much of a pump from White Flood though. The biggest plus is the mental focus I get from White Flood. I usually take a scoop about 30mins before a workout and I'm extremely focused and dialed into my workout. So in conclusion, White Flood delivers a nice clean channel of energy, minimal pump, very good focus.

Value 10/10: The price for the original White Flood is amazing. Controlled Labs revamped the formula and has come out with White Flood Reborn which is a more concentrated formula which is more expensive. Stores and websites are selling out of the original formula quick and then moving to the Reborn formula. As far as price goes the biggest container of the original White Flood one used to be able to find was $35 for 100 servings. The biggest container for the Reborn is around $42 for 60 servings.

December 7, 2012

• Small Tolerance Buildup
    • Underdosed
    White flood is a product that does have quality ingredients but under dosed. The citrulline gives me a little pump when lifting while the natural caffeine gives a nice sustained energy. If your someone who wants a cheap preworkout that will give good focus this is the best cost effective product. Its not a tunnel vision DMAA type focus but is a more natural energy that can help with working out or daily tasks. I feel controlled labs uses quality ingredients and with this product does have added antioxidants even GABA and beet root. The beta alanine does give me a slight tingle. The pre workout is underdosed but since its not expensive would buy again.

Taste: 8/10
    I bought the Fruit punch which was somewhat mild on taste. Its not bad tasting you could sip on it and have no issues with bad taste. It goes down like kool-aid.

Its a mild type preworkout which i had to use around 1.5-2 scoops to get a good workout on. Even though its one of the cheapest preworkouts i feel with a a caffeine content which feels over 100 mg but less than 200mg per scoop i really don't want to be taking that much caffeine. It does give a slight pump but i feel this product is absolutely great for focus and a mild energy flow for a few hours. This product is great for students who need some energy and focus.

It felt like it would be best for students who need extra energy during test days. I feel this product can give you a good workout when taking more than 1 scoop but after a few weeks starts to lose its effectiveness. This product is great for energy and focus but could be better when it comes to pumps. I feel Musclepharm's Assault product was better for pumps and energy was more pronounced, however, white flood was great for focus and is much cheaper. I would not give it a ten because i feel it is missing BCAAs and is underdosed.

November 20, 2012

• Chalky Residue In Cup
    After trying out some White Flood samples, I knew this would be my new preworkout of choice. I bought it on sale along with some Green Magnitude. Looking at it's profile it has no creatine which I like. It also has Citrulline,Beta-Analine and even GABA.

Mixibility 7/10: I got the watermelon flavor since it had came out months ago. Comparing it to fruit punch, fruit punches mixibility was better. Watermelon had white,dark red,and pink specs getting stuck on the inner crevices of a shaker cup.

Taste 7.5/10: Tasted like a tangy watermelon jolly rancher. It had a kick to it like it was spiked with vodka. I prefer fruit punch.

Effectiveness 9/10: This is where it got better. 1 scoop got me a good clean energy throughout my workout. On leg days I would use 2 scoops to feel amped and super focus. The focus itself is amazing.

Prolonged Use: Over the summer the tub got in some moisture so the powder clumped. Incidently I was on sleep aid for a couple weeks since I have Insomnia every now and then. I believe the GABA in the sleep aid and the moisture killed the effectiveness of the product when even on a stim break.

Overall experience 8/10: I would definitely pick a different flavor to try out and store WF in the fridge so it won't attract any moisture. I really liked the energy and focus this product gave.

October 31, 2012

• Taste Was Average.
    So this is my first review here and I plan on keeping it short and too the point.

I finished this about a month ago and have to see it was better than I expected but it's nothing close to the pum you get from other PWOs like assault or jacked or c4 etc. However in my head I thought to label this as a "begginer" PWO.

Taste/mixability: 9/10
    It mixed up very well absolutely no complaints about that. The furious fruit punch flavor was nothing to write home about but nothing bad either. In the end be a man and drink it its a few ounces.

Effectiveness:7/10
    I give it a 7 here because although I didn't get a huge sense of vascularity or pump as with other PWO's none the less I did remain focused throughout my workouts. Also it was nominated by BB.com for a PWO of the year so it has to be reliable to some extent.

Value:8/10
    I never really researched the price for this much because never planned on using it, but like most young adults money is not always there so I scooped the 1.49lb(675gram) container of white flood off a friend of mine who had not liked it for about $25. I suppose just lucky but I got about 40 servings out of what was left in it so I considered it a good buy.

Another thing that later caught my eye in the ingredient profile was GABA which I know studies haven't yet been shown for it to be successful in a muscle gaining aspect but it is a proven neurotransmitter that can improve sleep cycle. Just though that was interesting.

So overall if you're a beginner to the supplement world or even just PWOs I'd recommend whiteflood as your start to it.

October 16, 2012

• No Bloat
    • Little To No Crash
    • Increased Anger/aggression
    • Ragin Cajun!
    I've been less than motivated to write this review because of how "meh" I felt about it. Definitely a lackluster product, but not enough to be undeserving of a review. I like Controlled Labs as a company, but I wouldn't market White Flood as their premier product to represent them. A lot of people have tried and reviewed it, but we all have different experiences with each product and I think mine was a unique one. Here goes...

Taste/mixability: 5/10. Let's get this out of the way; I DO NOT care about taste at all. It's a pre workout. Mix it with 4oz of water and slug it back in 2 gulps. Don't sip it like a red wine and you'll be fine. The mixability is pretty awful, there are almost always chunks no matter what. I had the fruit punch, which wasn't bad, but mixing it took a while. Like I said, I don't care about this category I just drink it, but some of you do care which is fine.

Ingredients: 6.8/10. Not quite a 7, but better than a 6. I like having creatine in my pre workout for more endurance, but I didn't miss it to the point of crying with a box of chocolates. Also no DMAA, so not jittery, panicky energy. I'm not going to get into this category in elaborate detail because I have neither the time nor knowledge of what each little ingredient does. There are a lot of fillers I feel like, and of course it's a prop blend. Not overwhelmingly impressive, but not the worst I've ever seen. I am glad they included the beta alanine (though verrrrry underdosed) so i can still feel a little tingle.

Energy: 7.3/10. Smooth, clean, focus-oriented energy that won't drive you up the wall or make you crash much if at all. I kinda like this about a PWO. It's similar to Jack3d Micro, but has the beta alanine. It's a decent pick me up if I'm sluggish and doesn't give me a terrible crash. I'd actually recommend this stuff before a sporting event for reasons I'll explain in a bit. The energy is not going to make your heart race or keep you up if used lated at night, so it's definitely a weaker PWO than most. Bottom line: clean energy is what this product is about. Until you get to the category after the next one...talk about Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...

Pumps: 6/10. I don't go to PWOs for pumps. I didn't see a difference between using this and just sticking to a pre workout of a bagel and jelly. Moving on...

Side Effects: 3/10 and also 7/10. Dude, what am I talking about when I say this?...I gotta be out of my mind, right? Well here's the thing. The one side effect that I noticed is either the greatest or worst feeling depending on where I am and what I'm doing. This stuff made me absolutely RAGE the frick out. I would get ticked at the smallest stuff, long after my workout even! I know for a fact that this is what caused it because when I stopped, my rage cooled down. I literally flipped out almost every time I took this. So then this would make it GREAT for a sporting event like football, soccer, shoot even bball (my sport), MMA, etc. But it'd be pretty awful to take it if you were going to a family dinner later that night or a date of some sort. A 3/10 and a 7/10 in this category depends solely on the day and what I need to accomplish. This is what makes this PWO unique for me. I just wish I raged more DURING my workout rather than afterwards. I kinda love and hate this side effect! Alright alright enough about this.

Value: 8/10. Pretty freakin cheap anywhere you look. It'd be rated higher in this category if it was more effective. I needed 2-3 scoops to real feel anything, until later after my workout of course when I went Hulk Smash >:O
    Good value here.

Overall: 7/10. I honestly am conflicted with this stuff, idk whether to buy it again or never touch it again. Either way, I hope this helped y'all in your decision of whether or not to buy it during a special or whatever's going on. It's not bad, but it could make you green and rip wolverine in half (all you comic book nerds like me). Good luck guys.

October 3, 2012

• One Of A Kind Product
    • Chalky Residue In Cup
    I like White Flood.... a lot. This was the first pre-workout, without creatine, that I took a few months ago (sorry for the late review). Just an FYI, I took 2 scoops with no other supplement (besides protein), 4 times weekly before my workouts (mainly strength based with some crossfit occasionally).

Dosing: I took two scoops 30 minutes before my workout with no other supplement (besides protein).

Ingredients(8/10): Nitric Flood Complex (1,500mg Citrulline, Ornithine And Carnitine Tartrate), FlooDurance Complex (1,200mg Beta-Alanine And L-Tyrosine), and Live Energy Complex (2,165mg large blend!). Mind you, this is for one scoop. The profile is pretty decent, especially for having no creatine in it. I used two scoops exclusively since I felt I needed that extra beta-alanine and more of the mystery "Energy Complex" to keep me going.

Taste(7/10): The taste wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst either. I used electric lemonade and found it to be quite good for the first 15 times using it but found that it was overly sweet and bitter over time. I tried to remedy this by adding extra water (helped slightly).

Mixing(8/10): I didn't have too much trouble like other reviewers. I primarily use a shaker bottle filled half way with water, shake vigorously, and down it pretty fast. On occasion, I got a slight residue but I attribute that to not drinking it in a timely manner.

Effectiveness(8/10): I generally cycle this product with a creatine based product (alternate months). White Flood is suitable in giving me the energy/desire to workout, and the endurance to finish my lifts. I don't ever see crazy strength gains while I am on this, but I certainly don't decrease in my weights. I never experience a crash during or post workout and I always feel pretty clean while I am on this (not too jittery, or over focused, always just right).

Value(9/10): I bought my tub on allstarhealth.com for about $35, with 50 servings. I thought this was a pretty great deal and it has lasted me awhile. Just make sure to store it in a dry ventilated area because I found that it clumps in the bottle pretty easily (screw cap malfunction, or my humid house??).

Overall: I enjoy using this product when I cycle off creatine based products and will continue to do so, while I also try other non-creatine based pre-workouts. I think I will try cycling flavors next time, see if that helps. I find that sometimes if I enjoy what I drink, it reflects in my workouts (mental aspect is huge for me).
    Thanks!