Ranks #2 (better than 97%)
In: Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Orange Triad is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Controlled Labs. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

May 27, 2017

I am 37 years old and lift weights 5-6 times a week. I have been in the Army for the last 18 years, and as a result of all deployments and the constant physical activities, I have accrued some significant joint problems in my left ankle and left shoulder, due to previous injuries. I was excited to see a multivitamin with added joint support. This was the first Controlled Labs product that I have ever used, even though I have heard of the brand for many years, and was fairly happy with this multi overall.

Okay, there are a ton of things in this multivitamin and it would be truly difficult to talk about each ingredient one by one, nor would I think anyone would want to read it. It contains 26 ingredients and 3 proprietary blends. I will cover the ones that are most important to my daily intake, the prop blends, and the ones that stood out to me.

I use my fitness pal at times to log in my daily intake of food and supplements, to see where I stand in getting my daily intake. The ingredients in Orange Triad are fairly similar to what you will see in other multivitamins. Based off the daily dose (6 tablets), and the standard 2,000 calorie diet, you will get 100% of Vitamin A, 1,000% of Vitamin C, 25% Calcium, and 50mg of Potassium per serving. On top of these basic ingredients, Orange Triad also has 2,000 IU (500%) of Vitamin D, which helps the body absorb Calcium and Phosphate in turn leading to healthier bones, muscles and teeth. The main source of Vitamin D is from the sun, but If you are like me and live in Washington State, we do not get much sunshine in the winter months (October - April), so likely we are lacking Vitamin D from our diet without a Multi Vitamin. Another important ingredient to me is B12, which helps to fight depression. Washington State is known as one of the most "depressed" states in America due to the lack of sun in the winter times, and the constant rain, I personally do not mind it, but it tells me that Vitamin B12 is an important one to maintain in your diet, especially in a multi. Orange Triad has 600 mcg, which is 10,000% of your daily dose. You may be saying, Holy Crap Chris, is that dangerous getting that much per day? This quote from my googling will answer that question "This vitamin is not toxic, so you don't have to worry that too much could be harmful. In fact, fatigue (as well as memory loss, balance problems, constipation and depression) are more likely to be symptoms of a B12 deficiency than of getting too much of it." This pill also contains Zinc (30mg, 200%) and Magnesium (100mg, 25%) which are great to have in your diet. Zinc is found in most multivitamins, but I do not think people understand its importance. Zinc deficiency is common around the world, and can lead to feeling tired, unable to heal wounds, poor concentration, and constantly getting sick. The recommended dose for adults is 11mg for males and 9mg for females of Zinc per day, so Orange Triad answers the mail on your daily Zinc. The benefits of Zinc are wide ranging from supporting liver health, to fighting diabetes, aiding is muscle growth and repair, and fighting of illnesses. It is said that you can safely take up to 40mg of Zinc per day, so yes this has a high level of Zinc, and its worth paying attention to your diet to ensure you do not exceed 40mg. Greater than 40mg per day can cause your body your body do decrease its copper intake which can lead to anemia. Ok, let me get off my Zinc soapbox here. One of the main benefits in Magnesium to is to aid in maintaining proper blood pressure. I suffer form High Blood Pressure, so any help with Magnesium in my body, I will take. The RDA for Magesium for a 31-50 year old male is 420mg and 320mg for a female in that age group. 25mg are in Orange Triad, and Magnesium is found in most food sources. I think this is a good balance for your diet, since you do not want to get too high of daily doses of Magnesium (or any vitamin in general) to create an imbalance in your body.

This product does contain 3 prop blends, which I am not a fan of, and reading enough reviews on this site, no one here is. The prop blends are a Joint Complex, Flex Complex, and Digestion and Immune Complex. The Joint Complex contains 2,000mg of Glucosamin sulfate and Chondroltin Sulfate. Of course we do not know the exact amounts of each ingredient. These are important in joint repair and recovery, and its nice to have in a Multi Vitamin, we will talk about how this made my old achy joints feel in the effectiveness section. The Flex Complex contains 1,550mg of MSM, Bromelain, and Hyaluronic Acid. These ingredients also help in Joint repair and pain, but again unknown how much of each is in here. Finally the Digestive and Immune complex contains 12 different ingredients totaling 1,275mg. We will talk this in effectiveness section as well.

Orange Triad also contains 500mcg of Boron. Boron is pretty great as it can aid in bulding muscle, increase testosterone levels, and build strong bones. Fun Fact, Boron was use from 1870 to 1920 as a food preservative, also in World War I and World War II. History lesson complete. Large daily doses of Boron is extremely unsafe, but a large dose being 20mg. Daily intake of Boron is recommended between .25mg to 3.25mg bases off the standard 2,000 calorie diet. Half a dose (3 pills) of Orange Triad puts you in the minimum daily Boron dose. Personally, I would like to see the Boron dose up to at least 1mg in Orange Triad. Finally, Orange Triad contains 10mcg of Vandium. Vanadium aids in fighting diabetes, preventing cancer, and aids in athletic performance. Large daily doses of Vanadium can result in Kidney damage, large being 1.8mg per day. 6 - 18 mcg is recommended daily dose, so once again Orange Triad finds that happy middle ground with this multi. Nice addition.

There is no taste to this, since it is a pill and I chose not to chew it up to find out how "amazing? The tatse could be. Mixability is not applicable. For Dosing, Orange Triad hits one of my pet peeves (which I am slowly getting over) of having to take pills multiple times in a day. I normally like to take my Multi with breakfast and be done with it. This is just a personal issue of mine, and not a knock on the product at all. This requires 3 tablets, twice per day. On the days, I remembered I would take 3 at breakfast and 3 at dinner. The directions recommend starting with 1 tablet per day to assess your tolerance, but I chose to ignore this and jumped right in to 3 pills, twice a day. I had no issues with it, but if you are sensitive to supplements or are unsure, I would take this serious and get your tolerance set up first. Honestly, in my opinion, its up to you on the daily dose of this product. I think 3 pills per day are sufficient if you have a halfway decent diet, and 6 pills per day are there for the cherry on top. So, it's nice having this option as well, basing this pill off you daily vitamin needs. The size of the pills may appear large for some people, I would call them medium size, its obviously based off the person. I had not problem popping 3 in my mouth and swallowing them together, though at times it did feel hard to swallow and required just that extra gulp of water. I included a picture of the pills with a dollar bill for your reference in its size.

Okay, so I cannot sit here and explain to you that this Mult Vitamin was very effective or not. It's a vitamin supplement that really is a long term game. What I do know is that while taking Orange Triad I was not sick once. I will talk the effectiveness of the product based off the claims of the product which states it is a Multi-Vitamin, Joint, Digestion & Immune Formula.
Multi-Vitamin: As a Multi by itself, I think it's a great product with all the ingredients you need to match your daily vitamin requirements. It is faily standard compard with other Multi's but I do enjoy having the addition of Boron and Vanadium, and the high dose of Vitamin D and B12. As I said in the ingredients section, I would like to see Boron bumped up to at least 1mg. No other issues here.

Joint: Disclaimer, I got this multi as part of a stack, and did not buy it for the Joint Support. When I got Orange Triad, I thought the Joint complex was a nice addition for a guy like me. Now I originally started taking this in addition to Omega 3 by Jym, and jacked up shoulder and ankle felt great, with none of the normal aches and pains I get from lifting a lot. I was very happy. However, once I ran out of the Jym Fish Oil, and switched to Intelligent Labs Omega 3, the aches came back. So, I can officially say that Orange Triad by itself does not aid much in my joint pain. Now, I do not know if it was the combination of Orange Triad and Jym Fish Oil, or if it was Jyms Fish Oil by itself. So I can't completely knock the Joint Complex. End of the day, this is a great multi, but for true joint relief you need to have something more specifically geared towards Joint maintenance.

Digestion & Immune: I have never had digestion issues, so I can't really say if Orange Triad helped, but it sure didn't hurt. As far as my immune system goes, I was not sick once while taking this Multi. Considering in January this year I got hit with Pneumonia and Strep all at once, I was happy to not have any more f'd up illnesses.

I got Orange Triad as part of a stack from bodybuilding.com. The bottle of 45 servings cost me $26.25 which comes out to 58 cents a day, of you dose it at 6 pills. I was moving back and forth from 3 - 6 pills daily, so the 45 servings lasted me around 65 days. So to me this is a great value for a product with a ton of great ingredients at good dosage levels. Great Value. Sure you can get 200 servings of Centrum Men's Multi for like 17 bucks, but if you look at the ingredients there is no comparison, it has half of what Orange Triad has. You get what you pay for at a great value here.

Side Effects

None at all, unless you count green/yellowish pee color, which is standard for just about any multi. I did find that I had to pee a lot after I took my Orange Triad, but I also took it after my workouts which consists of Intra Blas (which is a super hydrater) and a ton of water, so likely not really a by product of Orange Triad. But I will mention it just in case its an issue for others.

Conclusion

Bottom Line is Orange Triad is a pretty amazing Mult-Vitamin. For many years, I just skimped on my Multi-Vitamins with the cheap stuff such as Centrum, and this was one of the first Multi's I have taken by a supplement company that tailors to the athletic world. The presence of 3 prop blends in this product do not make me happy at all, especially because I would like to see how much actual doses are in each ingredient in the Joint and Flex Complex. For Joint aid, this did not do much for me, but IU also have pretty severe joint issues. Overall, this is a great supplement for everyone out there, and I highly recommend you try this out! I was so happy with this product, that I am now trying other Controlled Lab products (currently taking Green Magnitude). Nice work on this Controlled Labs!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Joint Complex Was Ineffective
  • Prop Blends

August 12, 2015

I wanted to try Orange Triad because I had used Opti-Men in the past and thought it was terrific and Orange Triad was ranked #2 on the multi list so I figured why not. In addition, the joint and digestion/immune complex deals interested me as well...

There are a bazillion things in this here pillz. I am not going to run down all of them because that would be unwarranted and unwanted. Here is what caught my eye. The joint complex is really just Glucosamine Sulfate And Chondroitin Sulfate - nothing to write home about. It is nice to have the additional support though, right? So a final interesting twist on the ingredient profile. Lets take a look at who has more of what in their base dose - Opti-Men or Orange Triad:

"more" in Orange Triad - C, D, K, Niacin, B12, Pantothetic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese

"more" in Opti-Men - A, E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, B6, Folic Acid, Copper, Chromium, Molybdenum, Boron, Vanadium

3 pills, 2 times per day for a total of 6 pills. (3 x 2 = 6, see how I did that?) I hate taking pills twice a day but that is just me being picky. The pills weren't too big or bulky. They didn't smell odd or have a funky after taste. They seemed to mix well in my belly.

Tough to tell on a multi - right? But I will say this - I "expected" some noticeable difference in joint support - specifically around the shoulder and elbows. What I found was I didn't feel any difference from this product versus Opti-Men. In fact, I would said that my joints felt slight worse - especially my shoulders - over the last 60 days.

Other than that I think that this multi worked pretty well. I wasn't sick during the run even when others around me were.

390 pills at $30 on BB.com when I did a buy 1 - 270 ct bottle get to 60 count bottles free. Works out to be 65 servings at just under $0.50 each.

Side Effects

If you consider getting all your vitamins in two servings of white pills a day a side effect then you have a side effect. Other than that - it is a multi-vitamin, what do you expect...

Conclusion

I would buy it again but I preferred the Opti-Men over the Orange Triad.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Complex
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Immune Complex
  • Doesn't Do Much For You Once The Bottle Is Empty
  • Joint Complex Was Ineffective
  • Split Dosing

June 28, 2015

Today I will be reviewing a product I probably should have reviewed a long time ago, but the way i've set up my stacks in the past I never really gave myself a chance to see how this product worked on its own. The product I am talking about of course is Controlled Labs Orange Triad, their all-in-one multivitamin offering. Usually my stacks involve a lot of additionals, like test boosters, PWOs, recovery aids and the like, so it's not often I run basically just a multivitamin on its own, or with minimal additional supplements. In the past few months i've been completely off PWOs, and have only just started back up on test boosters and recovery products. It's been a good opportunity to see how someone who is basically starting from scratch and recovering from an illness would go using a multi and then as they add additional supplements how the multi affects them through that. In an ideal world this would be how you analyse every supplement, but for the majority of us this isnt usually feasible.

Anyway on to the review. Orange Triad is packed with pretty much everything you're going to ever want in a multi, and probably a heap more. The joint complex is interesting, I dont normally get sore or dry joints, but anything is helpful I guess. I havent had any issues since ive been taking Orange Triad with my joints, so I guess it's kinda business as usually as I would normally be taking fish oil or glucosamine anyway. Apart from the joint complex and the other more 'standard' parts of the multi, the digestion complex is what interested me the most. As people who tend to eat a lot of food at regular intervals, having a solid digestion routine is kinda important. Finally as it is coming into winter here the immunity complex is always a bonus to help fight off any colds and the like over winter to keep the training going strong. Nothing ruins a good run of training more than being sick.

DOSAGE

After looking at the profile and my workout and food program, I decided to stick with 3 pills a day, taken in the morning with breakfast. I gave myself the option of upping that to another 3 in the afternoon too (so 6 a day as per label) but after over 3 months I havent seen the need to up that yet, so i'm still on the 3 pills a day in the morning.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9/10

How to rank a multi? For a lot of people it's more a case of marking it down if it does anything harmful to you rather than marking it up for doing anything amazing. At the end of the day it's just a multi, it's taken to keep you healthy it's not going to make you pack on 20lb of lean muscle. But what it does is help to ensure you dont get sick, or sore, and that you have the right amount of each vitamin and mineral it offers in your system at all time. For that you need to give Controlled Labs the points as they havent skimped on anything here.

I have not been sick since I started taking Orange Triad, nor have I ever had a runny nose or a sore throat or any sign of a sickness. Is this coincidence and i've been lucky? Who knows. But I can only go on my own observations and they are good right now.

Digestion was really where I noticed Orange Triad shone. You eat a lot of food high in protein and slow carbs, you get bad gas. It just happens. Since ive been taking Orange Triad that's been nowhere near as bad as normal, which considering my diet hasnt changed I have to attribute to Orange Triad. On top of that, toilet stops are regular and you could pretty much set your watch to it every morning after breakfast.

Finally, did I find Orange Triad helped me with my training? Well, directly, no, but indirectly I think that feeling good and healthy and not being sick goes a long way to positivity in the gym and that does help your training.

SIDE EFFECTS - 1/10

Orange Triad gets a 2 because I did experience a side effect. It made my pee fluoro from the time I took the pills until about mid-morning, depending on how much water I was drinking. Yes I know this is just expelling excess vitamins and minerals, but it's a side effect nonetheless, so I need to record it.

VALUE - 8/10

You can give this average value on the face of it when you compare it to your other multis available off the shelf, but when you look into what you get for your money the value of Orange Triad shines. A lot of people are a little adverse to shelling out cash for multis, but you really do get what you pay for.

OVERALL - 9/10

When ranking something overall, there's a few questions that I ask myself. Did I give this a proper run with my supplements/food/training? Did I notice anything positive from taking this supplement? Would I take this supplement again or continue to take it? Would I pay for this supplement with my own money? If the answers are yes to all of those questions, then i'm pretty happy to say im on to a winner. Orange Triad is in that category. I am still only taking 3 pills a day, but I always have that option to take the full recommended dosage should I feel the need to.

Multis are an area where people skimp, and they shouldnt. Orange Triad is the most complete multi-vitamins i've ever taken.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Joint Complex
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Contains The Most Bioavaiable Forms Of The Vitamins
  • Pee Out Orange Food Coloring

September 29, 2014

This is my first review and I promise it will be a good one!!!

Experience : I have taking about a dozen bottles of this in the last 5 years on and off and so with this being a 45 day supply for roughly 22-30 dollars is quite a great value yet the only complaint I have is I wish they made a mega size for this such as a 3 month supply. When I'm on this product I always see the digestion & B formula take immediate effect based of my digestion and the increase of effectiveness off my other supplements as well as general well being and improved immune health. I'm very fond of the 100 mg dose of r alpha lipoic acid for its benefits of fighting free radicals. My joints mobility always improves while on this thanks to the joint complex & flex formula.

Results: improved overall health & wellness.

Taste/ dosing: they recommend 3 pills twice a day with meals but I've enjoyed taking 1-2 pills 3-4 times a day ending up with 6 a day based off my schedule. They are tasteless.

Side effects are none.

My other supplements always range from fish oil, protein, pre, creatine, as well as samples here and there.

Exercise 4 days a week as well as eating clean other than the occasional cheat meal.

Final note: great way to combine a majority of the basics for anyone. And very effective and well worth it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Joint Complex
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Contains The Most Bioavaiable Forms Of The Vitamins
  • No Food Coloring In Some Versions!
  • Not Enough In One Bottle

March 28, 2014

Orange Triad is a Complete Profile Multivitamin, produced by Controlled Labs. It is marketed as a replacement for a multivitamin, joint support supplement, and digestive support supplement. I will rate each aspect of the product on different values, determined by what I think is most crucial in the product.

I have been taking Orange triad for about 9 months now, and have taken about 7 other multivitamins before.

MULTIVITAMIN QUALITY /30

The multivitamin component of Orange Triad is definitely one of the best out there. All of the vitamins and minerals are in quality forms (Vitamin A is in alpha and Beta carotene instead of acetate form and minerals are chelated), and they give good amounts of each. It's definately one of the best, the only I can think would exceed its quality is ortho core, but then we would all be broke.

JOINT QUALITY /10

The joint complex in Orange triad is pretty basic, being composed of the usual, Glucosamine Sulfate And Chondroitin Sulfate, as well as MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane), Bromelain And Hyaluronic Acid in the flex complex. I stopped taking my usual joint and digestive supplements one month before I started taking this so that way I could test it more accurately. I found that the complex made my shoulder feel a bit better from the soreness I experience post workout due to a recent shoulder surgery, but was not as effective as some specific joint supplements including animal flex. The joint complex is decent for day-to-day maintenance, but if you have a serious injury or you're experiencing pain in a particular area I would just buy one of the better specific joint supplements.

DIGESTION SUPPORT /10

It seems like the main aspect of the digestion support is the ginger extract, which is a proven ingredient. I did notice a bit more regularity while on this product compared to being off, however it lacks any enzymes or pre/probiotics which are an important part of a digestion supplement.

PRICE /10

It's about 75 cents a day and that's a pretty good value considering what you get.

-------------

CONVENIENCE /10

You have to take 6 pills throughout the day for ideal absorption, and for some people that's a lot, but considering animal pak, which I see as an outdated supplement, needs 12 pills, it's not that bad. It's also immensely convenient that you get 4 in 1, especially if you don't need the other 4 that much.

------------

Overall I really liked this supplement and it's become my day to day multivitamin, unless I'm having a particularly difficult time with my joints or digestion.

If you have the money, I would go with OrthoCore, and if you take carnitine and joint support, i would suggest just getting anavite.

OVERALL RATING---86%
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Everything In One
  • Split Dosing
  • Has A Full 45 Day Supply
  • Contains The Most Bioavaiable Forms Of The Vitamins
  • Pee Out Orange Food Coloring
  • Cant Replace Joint And Digestion Support

September 10, 2013

Well, for starters, this is a multivitamin so it is difficult to gauge some of it's related effectiveness, but there are some features of this particular one that can be assessed (Joint/Immune/Digestion Complexes).

I personally believe a multivitamin is a great addition to anyone's supplement regime as it really does help fill the holes you may be missing in your diet. A bonus of this one is that it is also going to help out your immune system, your food digestion and help your aching knees after heavy leg days. :)

EFFECTIVENESS (10/10):
I have been using Orange Triad for a very long time now, and I have got my best friend to get on this as well - who doesn't work out regularly and who does have achy joints with a mediocre diet. I find that I still do get sore here and there, and I find that my joints still do get achy here and there, but not as bad as it could be or has been in the past. My friend on the other hand mentioned to me that since he started taking this, and taking it at half dose a day, he has had significant improvement in his knees, which tells me it does work - I just don't notice it as much as I have been taking supplements a long time.

I almost never get sick, and I find that my immune system is very strong, so I could say this has possibly been an asset to me in this department.

I never have digestion problems, and have not had any constipation issues since I can remember, so I guess this has been assisting there as well.

I still do get the odd joint pains here and there so I can't say that it is perfect, but it is probably the closet thing to perfect in a multivitamin on the market.

DOSING (10/10):
I personally like the split dosing as I believe it is beneficial to spread out the intake throughout the day. I mean for those that don't like the split dosing, you could really just take the whole serving at once, but I feel it wouldn't be as effective as if it was split up.

TASTE/FORMULA? (10/10):
Well, they are pills, mediocre size pills, don't taste like anything. BUT, I do have to say I love the new formula and how they removed the dyes from it. That was my only qualm with the OG.

The formula of the actual ingredients is superb, just wish it had more Magnesium as in the 6 pills it only has 25% daily like most do out there.

Comparing this to my old multivitamin which was Opti-Men, this demolishes it as the Viri and Amino blends in the Opti-Men did nothing for me at all, and I would much rather the Joint/Flex benefits of this one. The Amino blend is a complete waste of space IMO.

VALUE (9/10):
Now, I am in Canada, and I never buy my supplements in store as they are crazy overpriced (Triad is about $50 + tax), but I do buy online from the US and I have been scoring this for about $23 a bottle on sale which makes it about 50 cents a day at full dose (plus whatever crazy shipping charges are). Regular price is about $30 online, and is still decent but at that point it tips the value to 9/10. If this was 50 cents a serving at full dose all the time, I would give it a 10.

Honestly, if you don't work out a lot, or if you are not super active then you could get away with toning down the pills per day from 6 to say 3 or 4 and get almost double out of the bottle (which is what my friend does). But for all of us super active lifters on here, the full dose is the way to go.

Overall, this is in my opinion, the best multivitamin on the market right now.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Joint Complex
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Contains The Most Bioavaiable Forms Of The Vitamins
  • No Food Coloring In Some Versions!

September 4, 2013

Hi Sr!

This review is overdue, as I finished my bottle of Controlled Labs Orange Triad almost 2 months ago!

A reminder about who I am: a regular guy, work at a desk job, light activity at work. I've been working out consistently for about a year and 3 months, and I've documented some of my progress in a thread called "taking myself to the next level" and more recently my log while using a FinaFlex Stack "Krystian's FinaFlex Healthy Male Stack".

So, if you'd like to know a bit more about me, and my progress check those out. I've also posted a few reviews and you can check those out also.

Before I bought the Orange Triad, I used ON Opti-Men exclusively and it was SoCalLivin who suggested it to me, when he read my review on Opti-Men. So shout out to him!

I used to think that Opti-Men was the best thing ever, and perhaps as a newbie that's a sort of normal reaction because it gave me a huge boost - I freely admit though that I am no professional reviewer nor an advanced weightlifter. I'm just a regular guy who's rediscovered the drive and passion to push myself at the gym and work towards creating a healthier and better me.

So about my experience with the Orange Triad.

Components: the Orange Triad is a multi-vitamin, joint, digestion and immune combo. I think this is a great way to improve on a basic multi-vitamin and the ingredients they include are across the board good ones.

The join and flex complex give you a full dose of G/C/MSM/HA and something new to me: Bromelain - which I found out is an anti-inflammatory.

The digestion and immune complex included lycopene and lutein both of which are great: prostate and eyes.

Dosing: 3 caps twice a day. This was new and I had to work to remember to take it the second time, which I did by going to work with the 2nd dose in a Ziploc bag. So this could be a negative or a positive depending on your ability to remember to take that 2nd dose.

I experienced no ill effects from these supps, they went down easy, no upset stomach, nothing negative to report.

Effect on me: my energy held up pretty well throughout the day, and I definitely felt an improvement in my legs ability to recover after leg day.

Throughout my workouts using it, I made some progress, my cardio was fine, my weights were fine, so I thought it held up.

On the down side - but not a major issue - I still feel that ON Opti-Men gave me the best boost in the morning, and perhaps that's because the Orange Triad is a twice a day dose. I also think my joints felt a little better after about 2-3 weeks of using it, but, I can't really say that I felt a huge difference - so the joint complex I put as give it the benefit of the doubt because from my own experience it takes about 3 months for joint supps to really take effect.

I injured my rotator cuff a long time ago at the gym, and I had to do 6 months of physical therapy to heal and recover my full range of motion and strength on my right arm: I literally could not twist the cap off of a bottle of water, or handle a steering wheel with my right hand properly. I decided not to do surgery because my Doc advised the therapy instead. During that time I took G/C/MSM/SAM-e and it took 3 months before I felt any improvement.

Value. Well here's the only major criticism I have: it's expensive compared to Opti-Men and a few other Multi's I've since checked out.

From my last purchases, I paid $31 bucks and the bottle lasts about 45 servings, that's about 11.5 cents a pill, which is a bit over the Opti-Men I paid $16 bucks for a 2 month supply, that's about 9 cents a pill.

Of course, Opti-Men does NOT have the extra goodies Orange Triad has so it really depends on your needs, and I think if you need the joint complex in particular it would save you money from having to buy that as a separate product.

I think it's a solid and worth it Multivitamin, that costs a little more due to the extra ingredients it contains and I would recommend it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Immune Complex
    • Digestive Complex
    • Joint Complex
    • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
    • Split Dosing
    • A Little Expensive

July 27, 2013

The machine returns to feed SR.com another taste of reviewing deliciousness. This time around I would like to discuss my experience with Controlled Labs multi-vitamin, orange triad, which I will refer to as simply ot in this review. The first thing to note about ot is that it contains a full spectrum of your everyday complex vitamin and minerals in their most bio active form. This allows for optimal absorption and metabolism within the body. Furthermore, ot has added joint support, digestive enzymes, and immune system support. My usage of ot spans from my Epi-1-Test cycle to present. I still use it today and have found it to be an efficient general multi-vitamin.

Taste (N/A): The tablets tasteless, easy to swallow, and have no aftertaste or post-ingestion queasy feeling.

Usage (9): While some users may find 6 tablets an excessive serving size, the best method to use ot as instructed on the bottle is two divide the dosage to three tablets taken twice daily with meals. I took 3 tablets with breakfast and 3 with dinner. Following this protocol makes dosing relatively simple.

Profile (10): Rather than posting the entire profile I will just note the key attributes.

First, ot contains all your basic vitamins and minerals that you obtain from your basic diet. Again they are in their most bio-available forms for optimal absorption. One thing that is worth noting is that there is NO iron. I personally prefer iron-free multi-vitamins due to the fact that I get more than enough iron in my diet and too much iron can be severely damaging to certain vital organs.

Second, ot contains a joint and felx complex containing MSM, Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Bromelain, and Hyaluronic Acid. All of these ingredients have been demonstrated to support joint integrity, lubrication, flexibility, and help alleviate inflammation.

Lastly there is the immune and digestive system support complex. In this area we have the following ingredients: Echinacea (As Root), Ginger Extract, Quercetin (98%), R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (100 Mg), Giant Knotweed (Root Extract), Bilberry (As Fruit), Blueberry Extract (As Fruit), Pomegranate (80% Extract), Grape Seed Extract, Raspberry Seed (As Fruit), Lycopene, Lutein. Many of these are best noted for their antioxidant benefits, but some of these such as ginger are touted for aiding in digestion.

In summary, ot possesses a solid ingredient profile with some extra goodies.

Effectiveness (9): It is difficult to really judge efficacy of a multi-vitamin due to the fact that its main purpose is simply to fill in the minor nutrition gaps we may have in our diets. One can not analyze directly if they are truly benefiting from a mutli unless perhaps they are so severely malnourished that they actually experiecne a difference in relation to a supplementing of the lacking nutrients. Clearly that was not the case with me, but I will give ot a "9" specifically because it profile is complete and does indeed get the job done.

As far as the joint and flex complex, I was using super cissus rx during my E1T cycle, so the ebenfits cannot be directly linked to ot's joint support. However, upon my discontinuation of super cissus, I was and still am resuming my use of ot and have not experienced any joint problems even during Ramadan. Therefore, I will conclude that I am in fact benefiting somewhat from the joint support complex.

As for the immune and digestive complex, I never had any digestive issues to begin with so I am not sure if I am really benefiting from that. However, I do feel healthier and have not fallen ill sine using ot. As a result, I will say that I am experiencing benefits from the immune complex.

Value (9): A 270-count bottle goes for about 30 dollars. With 45 servings a bottle and the quality of the product, I'd say this is a fair value. It is actually less expensive than most organic vitamins you find at your local Trader Joe's.

Overall (9): Orange Triad gets a solid "9". Excellent vitamin and mineral profile with additional joint, immune, and digestive support make it a full spectrum health aid that will provide you with optimal benefits at a great value.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Immune Complex
    • Digestive Complex
    • Joint Complex
    • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
    • No Iron

May 24, 2013

I've gone through about 4 bottles of this stuff, so I figured it's time to post a review! Like most, I've tried quite a few multi's, and there's only so much that you can really notice between products. Other products I've tried incude optimen, animal pak, optimen performance pack, and even one a day mens.

Effectiveness: 8

What sets this product apart is the joint support, mainly in the form of Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitin Sulfate. I started lifting when I was 15, and I feel this in part contributed to having my knees and joints in pain for the past year or so. After a couple weeks of use, with 4g of fish oil a day, my pain is just about gone. This has helped me in the weight room more than any preworkout ever has.

Value: 8

So, say you have a bottle of Optimen, which is about $25, and animal flex, which is about another $25 (this gave me comparable results, although very expensive and a ton of pills.) That's fifty bucks just for a month and a half of what should be staples in your supplement arsenal. Orange Triad is about $30 for the same amount of servings!

I've definitely gained muscle while on this, but not directly contributed to the product.

Awesome stuff, haven't found anything better at a comparable price.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Immune Complex
      • Digestive Complex
      • Joint Complex
      • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
      • Mark Wahlberg Doesnt Sponsor It

December 10, 2012

This was the first multi I ever took and I have since then used others and nothing compares to this product. The joint support is amazing. I take 3 pills before I work out and there is no pain in my joints, even with heavy weights.

One thing about this product is that you need to drink a LOT of water when using this, otherwise you will get dehydrated.

Besides the immune complex and the joint support, there are good doses of the B vitamins in here. As many of you know, most bodybuilders are defficient in B vitamins so it's really important to supplement with these when training hard.

It's a lot of pills per serving, but you get what you pay for. I never feel ripped off from purchasing these vitamins because I can feel a difference when I use them and when I don't. Very rarely will you be able to tell a difference when using a multivitamin, but these ones stand out above the others I have tried.

If you use these or decide to purchase them, I highly recommend taking 3 pills before your workout and you will feel the difference.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Immune Complex
      • Digestive Complex
      • Joint Complex
      • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins