Orange OxiMega Fish Oil Reviews

By: Controlled Labs

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Higher Epa/dha Concentration
  • Contaminent Free
  • Fish Burps
  • Mild Stomach Discomfort

Oximega Fish Oil is a good, high quality fish oil but still comes with the usual fish oil burps.

Oximega peaked my interest during a BOGO promotion. I had taken a normal fish oil supplement from a retail store but I had never invested in a quality fish oil until Oxi. I like the fact that they were tested to be free of heavy metals and that they were also enteric coated to minimize fish burps. I still did have fish burps 50% of the time after taking them but I do believe the overall benefits of fish oil outweigh this.

Total Omega-3s: 2000mg

-EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid): 800mg
-EPA is the more important of the two omega 3s when it comes to reducing inflammation. This is because it inhibits the enzyme D5D which produces arachidonic acid. AA can be converted into eicosanoids which are the main facilitator of cell inflammation.

-DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid): 400mg
-DHA is especially beneficial for nerve cells due to its large molecular size. The size of DHA is bigger than EPA. This means that when entered into the cell membrane it increases fluid. This is acualy beneficial for cells and aids in transport and transmitting of critical components/impulses.

-Mixed: 800mg

Dosing with fish oil is still up in the air medically, with some people recommending 500mg-1000mg of EPA+DHA. I do believe Oximega provides a good quality and also good quantity on this product. The serving size is 2 pills.

The total effectiveness of this product is hard to measure due to its long term benefits. Fish oil does have a huge amount of studied benefits from cardiovascular to joint repair and even cognitive. One aspect I did notice was my mild shoulder pain seemed better than usual. I don't have any serious issues, just a soreness after heavy lifting. This did decrease after a couple days of taking oximega and completely went away when I paired Oxymega with Orange Triad.

The value on this product I believe is good. The price point is $17.99 on bodybuilding.com and can be found a couple dollars cheaper on other sites. BB frequently runs BOGO or BOGO50% so this that would be a good chance to pick this up at better value. Even at full price though it runs around 30 cents/serving.

Side Effects

This product, even with enteric coating, caused fish burps. Also it caused some bowel issues for the first couple days but then seemed to get better and i havnt had any issues since.

Conclusion

Overall I would recommend this product to anyone looking to improve health and especially to people who don't get much fatty fish into their diet. The downside of fish oil burps are still here for me but that will not stop me from buying again.

• TheVenom
    October 7, 2018

Not bad, gets a thumb-up. Would like to see a more detailed breakdown of some of the ingredients and how they differ for future reference.

• Stevenz
    October 7, 2018

Thank you for the advice Venom! When I get time I will edit this review to add that in