This product has been reported as discontinued.

Weight Loss > Cortisol Control

Suppress-C is a Cortisol Control Product manufactured by Competitive Edge Labs. It is designed to help reduce the amount of the stress hormone cortisol in the body. Reduced cortisol can increase muscle mass and encourage fat loss.

This product has been reported as discontinued.

Weight Loss > Cortisol Control

March 18, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Multi Purpose Product
  • Can Be Used Bulking/cutting
  • Very Effective
  • Works From Day One
  • Very Easy To Apply
  • Leaned Out
  • Lost Fat And Retained Muscle
  • Cortisol Crushing Feels Horrible
Hey everyone here is my review for Suppress-C, an advanced cortisol control agent. I decided to use it during my cut for 4 weeks. I know a lot of people use it during PCT but, since I am not 21, I ran it with D-Pol and OEP and had really great results. These three products stacked together is an amazing natty stack that I would recommend to anyone who's been hitting the gym hard for a few years and has knowledge about supps already under their belt, as the side effects from each can be harsh for some. (Of course I am taking all the staple supps: protein creatine (kre-alk) fish oil and a multi)

What is it? Suppress-C is B-androstenetriol (Androst 5-ene-3b, 7b,17b-triol) and it is a topical gel. In Chichi's review he explains exactly what this compound is and the studies behind it please look to this review for guidance if you'd like to obtain more info. Basically this product crushes your Cortisol Levels. Cortisol is a steroid your body produces naturally to relieve stress, yet it also has some very nasty effects on building muscle such as putting your muscles into a state of catabolism (or a state where your body uses your muscles as fuel breaking them down, Cortisol also produces a large amount of Visceral Fat (or fat that will be used quickly as energy) which builds up around your internal organs...example love handles. SO Controlling Cortisol is a good thing? Ehh it can go both ways you'll see the effectiveness for me as well as the side effects of this product.

Value 10/10 Even though this product is now discontinued I still managed to find it, and at a steal of a price too. For a full bottle it was $19.99 so right around 24 bucks with shipping, even for a non-discontinued item that is a great price! You get 60 servings of 2 squirts, so this product lasts a full month. Right about 30 cents a use or 60 cents a day.

Dosage 9/10 I really enjoyed the fact that this is a topical cream, especially because it was my first supplement of this kind. I really felt that everything was absorbed quicker due to this and I'll talk about that in the effectiveness section. You are supposed to dose this product at 2 squirts twice daily spaced 8-12 hours apart preferably after a shower once you're dry. It was very simple to use (after the first time...that time I struggled a bit haha) and I felt that it dried fairly quickly. The bottle says to use an area of skin where it is thin so that it may better absorb into your body, such as the inner thigh or the upper inner arm. I used both of these areas in fact. First I used the inner thigh and found that it stayed on my thighs for about 20 mins and after about 2 weeks using this product I switched it my upper inner arm in which it dried in about 3. (Also if you are prone to chaffing you should stay away from using it on your thighs...duh ha I found out the hard way.) Oh and it smells like sun-screen so...have fun explaining that to whomever. It is a pretty strong smell in actuality and towards the end of the bottle it smelled more like alcohol than anything else so make sure you shake it each time you use it.

Effectiveness 10/10 This product began working almost immediately. I knew it would take around 12 or so days for my D-Pol to kick in but man, this started working around day 3 for me. This is the fastest supp I've felt that deals with hormones and the first effects from it were really not too pleasant. (See Side Effects section) I really started to see positive effects from this product at about day 8. I noticed that I was looking more defined in areas that are generally not defined on me, such as the love handles and my arms. Like I said I ran this product on a cut and from the lower calorie intake plus this product (and D-Pol) I felt that I was able to shed the pounds faster but at the same time retain all of my muscle that I had gained from my bulk, and along with that all of my muscles were becoming more defined! After taking this product the effects of it were evident, I lost about eight lbs overall during my 4 week cycle (2lbs a week) and feel that I cut bf as well. I feel that this product enabled me to drop my calories in order to drop weight (in fat) yet at the same time retain my muscle that was gained during my bulk. (You could say the weight lost is due to OEP and cutting calories but the retention of muscle is something that I can safely attribute to Suppress-C as I've taken OEP before on a cut and did not retain as much muscle as this cycle.)

Side Effects 4/10- While the positive Effects of this product may be great (Fat loss, retention of muscle, more definition) the negative side effects of this product almost made me want to stop taking it. The first negative is almost a burning sensation after application...nothing too serious and I could deal with this quite easily. The second negative is where the real problems for me set in. Right around day 10 I started to feel very anxious all the time. Cortisol (as stated above) controls your stress levels and when your body has no Cortisol obviously you will be stressed out most of the day. I felt anxious at all times of the day and because I am currently in school the effects were at least doubled. While I did not have headaches or problems sleeping the anxiety really took its toll on me...it was kind of like a feeling that the entire world was crashing down upon me at all times of the day...pretty awful if you ask me. At about week 3 I decided to drop the dosage down to 1 squirt twice daily and like Chichi said this made the negative effects less noticeable (but still present). Also like Chichi said there is a reason your body produces it and if I take another cortisol control product it will be over the summer when there is much less stress!!

Overall 9/10 Yeah the math doesn't add up...sue me. This product I feel would be a great addition to any PCT and from my experience is a great addition to a natty stack for more experienced gym goers who have yet to (or won't) move into the PH world. There are some really nice positives about this product like: almost targeted fat reduction, retention of muscle, and a real improved body composition/definition, but there are also some real negatives as well...but that is to be expected when you crush something your body naturally produces. This product is worth a try before it is gone for good and for the price I got it at, you can't beat it. I was told from more experienced members on this site that this product is one of the strongest cortisol control products out there and from my experience this is true.

Thank you for reading!

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

December 12, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Multi Purpose Product
  • Can Be Used Bulking/cutting
  • Very Effective
  • Works From Day One
  • Very Easy To Apply
  • Leaned Out
  • Kept Muscle On Pct And Reduced Visible Fat
  • Cortisol Crushing Feels Horrible
  • Problems Falling Sleep
Hey Sr I gots a review of probably one of the most effective supplements I have used ever.
First of all, the reason why I used supress-c was to control the apparent cortisol rebound after cycle and prevent from turning so hard earned muscle to fat.

I can asssure fellas that this supplement delivers just as promised and even more.

Understand what this is,

Androst-5-ene-3b, 7b, 17b-triol is a metabolite of DHEA. In a study performed by the Medical College of Virgina on antiglucocorticoid function of androstenetriol. (DHEA) and two of its metabolites, androstenediol (5-androstene-3 beta-17 beta-diol, AED) and androstenetriol (5-androstene-3 beta-7 beta-17 beta-triol, beta AET), were subjects to in vivo testing to up-regulate host immune response against infections and counteract stress-induced immunosuppression. From all of the metabolites only Beta- AET, supress-C's ingredient, "could markedly potentiate the cellular response by increasing lymphocyte activation and counteracting the immnosuppressive activity of hydrocortisone on lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine production."

In other words, b-androstenetriol is the best and most effective at controlling cortisol levels.

Effectiveness(10/10): From personal experience, I assure that I felt it within 4 days of usage. One of the first symptoms I felt was that I became very anxy whenever I would get stressed. Also, I would have this funny sensation all over my body, specially in the morning after the first application. It felt like ants walking on my lower back, not like beta-a needles, but like actual ants. Very stranger, but I know that this was caused by suppress-c, not by the other PCT products I used.

About 10 days into it, I noticed that I had lost about 3 pounds, but I didn't look like I lost muscle weight, I actually started noticing better definition in my midsection which I found very odd.

20 days into it, I had lost about 6 pounds and my body looked a lot more defined and I didn't look like I lost muscle from my cycle. On the contrary, I looked better than on cycle.

Dosage(10/10): I love the fact that is a topical cream. It doesn't smell strong and it dryes out quick. Comparing this to formestane which is also topical and made by CEL, Suppress-C felt a lot more creamy and it didn't give me a rash.

All you need is 2 pumps, twice a day. Each serving has 50mg of B-AET, but I am not sure of its absorbency rate. I am guessing it must be good because it works lol

Side Effects(5/10): Although this product works really good for cortisol control, having low cortisol also has its drawbacks.
I was getting stressed very easily and I was having headaches. I was also having trouble going to sleep. Corstisol may have bad reputation because of its effects on muscle, but it is also a hormone that the body needs to stay healthy and help you cope with daily stress. There is a reason why the body produces it and crushing it can have its negative effects on the body.

Because I noticed how it was affecting my mood, I reduced the dosage to once a day, in the morning after the gym and that greatly reduced those sides. Still present, but milder.

Value(8/10): this is not cheap, but one bottle is enough for 60 servings. At twice a day, you have a month supply. I gave it an 8 becuase I think is pricy, but now it has come hard to find and I know the price may just go up even more.

Overall(8.25/10): Suppress-C is an excellent product, it delivers as promised. It has its sides, but it is expected when you mess with your hormones. It is not super expensive, but this is not economical either. It is just an extra for PCT or stand alone cut, but I do think its addition makes a substantial difference. Too bad that it seems we are not going to see this anymore.

Thanks sr, hopefully you found it useful

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 9, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Effective
  • Works From Day One
  • Very Easy To Apply
    I'm starting to really like Competetive Edge Labs now. They haven't done me wrong whatsoever.

I bought supress-c about two months ago with the intention of doing it as part of my PCT after taking H-Drol. The general consensus is that you should start taking it in the week 2/3 area of your PCT. I decided to try something different and started it 5 days into PCT.

Value : 8/10 - I purchased it for 32 dollars. Considering it is about a month supply, it's not too bad for an average of a dollar a day.

Application/Appearance : 9/10 - This is a topical cream that has a somewhat of an alcohol-type aroma to it. Nothing unpleasant honestly. The cream is white and you put about two pumps worth into your palm and massage it into your skin. I chose to do my fore arms because mine are pretty veiny and I felt it would absorb the best there.

Effectiveness : 9/10 - I trimmed down quite a bit while using this product. I put on a lot of weight during cycle that I know wasn't all muscle (about 11ish pounds) and I wanted to be able to shed some fat during PCT. I also consumed a casein protein shake at night along with some Xtend. I put on two pumps worth before going to bed right after a shower, and in the morning when I woke up, the most ideal times in my opinion. I also drank Xtend right when I woke up because BCAAs help with getting your body out of a catabolic state. So after a month of use, I dropped 9 lbs believe it or not, and this came out to about 2.5% less body fat. To be honest, I also had a strict diet and was more focused on cardio than weight lifting, but I believe this product seriously helped me in losing some stubborn fat that my body contained.

Overall : 9/10 - I almost want to purchase multiple bottles of this product and just use it year round, but that can't be good for me :-)
    I have yet to try other cortisol-controlling products, but this one worked very great for me. I woke up with my muscles feeling tight and my stomach looking flat, something I enjoyed very much!

June 21, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Multi Purpose Product
    • Can Be Used Bulking/cutting
    • Very Effective
    • Works From Day One
    • Very Easy To Apply
    • Bottle Clogs
    Breakdown?
    Suppress-C is an advanced cortisol control agent that can be integrated into fat loss, lean muscle building, & post cycle therapy regimens. Cortisol assists in that process by breaking down muscle protein into amino acids and stored fat into fatty acids as fuel sources for the body. This process is detrimental to overall body composition because it translates into increased fat storage and decreased lean muscle tissue. During a cycle, levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol are reduced, but once the cycle ends, levels of cortisol slowly rise, usually after about a week or so, cortisol rise will cause you to lose muscle & strength, as well as cause you to gain bodyfat.

Effectiveness 10/10:
    I started suppress c after week one of PCT, people have told me to start the first day of PCT & people said to wait 2 weeks before starting, but it seems that everyone is now convinced that 7/10 days into PCT is the best time to start, imo there is no right or wrong, either way will be just fine. I followed the advice of a Competitive Edge Labs rep, who said the best way to take an anti-cortisol supplement is in the morning upon rising and then before bedtime, as these are two times that cortisol levels seem to be raised. The effectiveness of suppress c was far from what I expected; but I knew it was going to be effective as Competitive Edge Labs products are top of the line. I really started to notice the effects of suppress c around three days in & couldn't believe it, I noticed an improvement around my stomach & chest area, two problem areas for me, I seemed to Lean Out a lot more than I expected. At the end of my suppress c run I maintained my bodyfat %, which I thought was going to be impossible as I was keeping my kcal above maintenance in PCT. I really don't think I would have been able to do this without suppress c in my PCT stack.

Directions:
    You have to apply 2 ml (2 squirts) to the skin twice daily, spaced 8 to 12 hours apart. Apply gel onto clean, dry skin and rub in thoroughly, on the inside of the thighs or the inside of the upper arms, suppress is systemic; therefore it helps reduce cortisol over the entire body. Its best used after washing & drying & allow 1 to 5 minutes to dry. The smell of suppress c is very citrusy/lemony; it's not that bad at all, I thought I was going to have to mask the smell with a lot of aftershave, the suppress c actually made my sweat smell good, also had a lot of people at the gym asking what aftershave I had on, saying it was nice, lol. Suppress c can be run 6 to 8 weeks, you need a 4 week break between cycles.

Overall – suppress c is a great product, very under-rated. I am definitely going to purchase suppress-c again, & look to use it in a cut. Also if you feel tired, sluggish, or sore for an abnormally long time in your weight-training program, and you don't know why, look into cortisol levels, have read a lot of forums about this effecting people.