ProPeptide Reviews

By: CNP Professional

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein
ProPeptide is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by CNP Professional. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

March 23, 2014

• Pricey
Hello everybody, I've not been active on the site for quite some time as I am getting closer to finishing my degree and classess are getting difficult plus other issues in my life.... anyway, I am back and I would like to start this comeback with a review for a supplement that I truly enjoyed, but once I decided to purchase this, I chose not to.

CNP Professional has a decennt selection of sport supplemnents that includes all the basics (beta alanine, creatine, gainers, etc) They are nothing extraordinary; nonetheless, their ProPeptide protein was a protein that I truly enjoyed everyday.

Profile (8/10):

ProPeptide Proprietary Advanced Protein Blend (milk protein cultured with bifidus, acidophilus, and yogurt organisms, whey protein from high fraction concentrate and isolate. Peptide bonded glutamine, egg white, hydrolyzed whey protein)

Similar to the probiotic series of Gaspari, this one also comes with probiotics to help with the digestion of protein, but this one is made from whey protein with isolates and hydrolyzed, not brown rice protein. The profile is decent and it falls right into what you tend to find in most proteins.

Effectiveness (N/A): Again, like I always say, it is very hard to measure the effectiveness of protein supplement, but it is worth mentioning that this protein feels very light on your stomach and if you have a sensitive stomach and have a hard time with concentrates, this protein may be a good option for you. Comparing this to most concentrates I've used, this one falls into the very light and easy to digest. We can say that the probiotics are probably making a difference, but who knows.

Taste (8/10): This was delicious, the best banana protein I've ever tasted. It was not overwhelming, not heavy on the flavoring. Just the right amount to make it pleasant to drink early in the morning or at anytime during the day.

Mixability (9/10): perfect mixability for a concentrate, never left any clumps whether it was with milk, water, or almond milk. It mixed perfect every time.

Value (6/10): Its an expensiveprotein blend, when you think about other brands and their blends this definitely is on the expensive side. I think I know why the price is significantly higher than others. I know this one has probiotics and I think this is imported (correct me,if I am wrong), so this may add to the cost.

Overall (7.75/10): A decent option for protein because of its quality and taste, but the price of this protein is definitely a killer. It made me rethink my options and I decided to go with something cheaper. I even thought about buying it for the store, but even at wholesale prices, this protein is very expensive and how I am going to justify a $10 price difference in a 2lb protein? specilaly when nobody has ever heard of this brand. Do not get me wrong, the protein is great, but if their prices at least fall within the market's expecations, I will not be buying this.

November 18, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Made Me Leaner
  • Healthy Fats
  • Clumpy
  • Clumped In Shaker Cup
Thank you to CNP and to the ER staff for giving me the opportunity to try this product, I hated to use that last scoop this weekend!

So what is CNP Professional ProPeptide? ProPeptide is an advanced protein supplement combined with a small amount of "functional" carbohydrates to help assimilate amino acids into your body, while helping to enhance your immune system and speed up your recovery between workouts. Before beginning any products I always recommend doing a little research, understand (as much as possible) the ingredients and how they might affect your body. This protein is a little different because of the probiotic organisms added, I am not lactose intolerant so I wasn't worried about how it would affect my stomach.

Ingredients:
Milk Protein Cultured With Bifidus, Acidophilus, And Yogurt Organisms, Whey Protein From High Fraction Concentrate And Isolate, Peptide Bonded Glutamine, Egg White, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Dutch Process Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavors., Proprietary Metabolic Fat Blend (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Lecithin), Cellulose Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose.

Let's get down to business; I believe some women (myself included) trying to lose weight or get into shape cut too many calories out of our diet. I am guilty of eating too many salads, heavy on the fruit and vegetables, which is normally a good thing, however if you want to build muscle the extra protein is necessary. I wish I would have understood that better a couple of years ago, I feel like adding this quality protein drink has changed my body in small but very good ways. I am noticing more muscle definition and overall "leaner" look. I have also lost a couple of pounds while taking this product; I believe the extra protein keeps me fuller longer, cutting out extra snacking.

Dosage (N/A): The recommend serving is two scoops; however I used one, I think the large scoop combined with my size a single scoop worked just fine for me.

Taste-Mixability (7/10):

Taste: French Vanilla: This is where I encounter problems; I hate the malt flavorings usually added to most mixes. Good news! There was absolutely NO malt flavor in fact I really enjoyed the taste, even more so after I received a tip to mix with vanilla almond milk.

Mixability: I did have slight issue getting all the powder to mix, even after using a new blender bottle it seemed to clump a little, and I don't think anyone enjoys swallowing whole pieces of protein powder.

Effectiveness: (8/10):
I am giving this product an 8 for several reasons, the first being I did see some results. I wish I would have done a before and after photo, because I honestly believe you can see some changes in areas, like my lower stomach, legs and even arms. I did step up my workouts, a little less cardio and more lifting. I think the combined workouts with the use of the protein mix were a good combination, I am anxious to see what the next 60 days will have in store for me. Before anyone starts yelling, I understand my results were not just because of a protein drink, but I do believe it played a large part in getting me closer to my current goals.

Value: (7/10):
I used this protein drink as a meal replacement several times, so factoring that in I believe it is a pretty good value for your money. In my case the lack of weird malt flavoring has made it worth investing in,I have already recommended it to several girlfriends. If you have to go with the two scoop serving suggestion I can see how this would be an expensive protein to use, but as a female reviewer and all things considered I think it is worth purchasing.

Overall: (7/10):
It should be apparent that I liked this product, it has a few minor issues, but honestly I would and probably will use again. I also think there are many women who will like the addition of probiotics; it seems to be in every yogurt product on the market, so I do think this might encourage the ladies to give a try. So CNP you get big thumbs up from me, thanks again for letting me try the product!

November 14, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Probiotics
  • Micellar Casein
  • Healthy Fats
  • Quaility Protein
  • A Little Pricey
  • Clumped In Shaker Cup
  • Odd Aftertaste
Well first of all let me give a big thanks to the ER program and CNP for the opportunity to try a tub of ProPeptide. I can always use a good protein powder so lets talk a little more about this one.

--Overview--

CNP Propeptide is a blended protein comprised of several different protein sources. Their big selling point is the use of probiotics to aid in digestion. I found this to be a good quality protein and versatile in its uses.

--Profile 9/10--

Getting into the profile a little deeper you can see that the ingredients are pretty solid for a protein powder. They are as follows.

-ProPeptide Proprietary Advanced Protein Blend-

(Milk Protein Cultured With Bifidus, Acidophilus, And Yogurt Organisms, Whey Protein From High Fraction Concentrate And Isolate, Peptide Bonded Glutamine, Egg White, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein), Dutch Process Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavors., Proprietary Metabolic Fat Blend (Medium Chain Triglycerides, Lecithin), Cellulose Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sucralose.

What jumped out to me about the blend was that the first ingredient is milk protein that has been cultured with Bifidus, Acidophilus, and Yogurt Organisms. For people with a sensitivity to lactose this could be a game changer. I have seen first hand the benefits of using Acidophilus and other probiotics for such people and including it in the blend isn't a bad thing for the rest of us either.

Of course you will have whey protein in a blend which is processed in three different ways in this product which are concentrate, isolate, and hydrolyzed. I could do without the concentrate since it tends to be a less effective form of whey protein but overall the profile is pretty good and I believe that not using high temperature processes and especially not Ion Exchange processing is going to make for a good protein from the start. Rounding out the profile is some glutamine peptides and egg white.

Some other highlights would be the use of MCT's for a healthy fat source and also the use of real cocoa for flavoring.

--Taste and Mixability 7/10--

One area where ProPeptide didn't exactly knock my socks off was here. As far as the mixability goes it tended to clump up in the spout of my shaker cup when I tried to use a regular blender bottle. I figured that it was probably due to the added fats which I have seen happen with other protein supplements so I wasn't too worried about it.

The taste wasn't horrible but there was always this nagging aftertaste that just rubbed me the wrong way. Whether I mixed it with water, almond milk, blended it with greek yogurt or put it in a blender with frozen fruit that same weird aftertaste was always present. Again I'm not saying it was terrible but certainly not even close to being the best tasting I have ever had.

--Dosing N/A--

--Effectiveness 9/10--

Since building muscle is a slow process that requires several factors it can be hard to gauge the effectiveness of a protein supplement. Usually the way I determine effectiveness is by the profile and how my body reacts to the supplement. Let me be more specific. The biggest thing for me is the methods in which the proteins are processed. Certain manufacturing processes can heavily denature protein molecules and render them practically useless. It seems based on the label, information, and how my body reacted to ProPeptide that not much expense was spared in making this stuff.

And of course the telltale sign of cheap protein being a catalyst for nasty protein farts was not a problem for me either. Which is good for me and good for my fiance.

Overall I was very pleased with this product.

--Value 7/10--

Figure on paying between 35 and 40 bucks for a two pound tub of ProPeptide which gives you 14 servings if you follow their serving size or 28 servings if you only take one scoop at a time. Typically I use more protein in a shake if I am dealing with blended which makes ProPeptide a pretty pricey protein to use.

I acknowledge that this is a quality protein supplement but it is just a little too rich for my blood. Especially when there are other quality proteins available for a lower price.

--Final Thoughts--

If you have a bit of intolerance to lactose but are not full blown lactose intolerant then this might be a really good protein for you to look into.

November 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Probiotics
  • Micellar Casein
  • A Little Pricey
  • Clumpy
A big shout out to CNP for letting me try this product. I was sent a 2lb tub of this, and really liked the idea of combining protein powder and probiotics. Gaspari tried, and while that wasn't a big hit(I liked it, most did not), I believe CNP has hit the nail on the head with this one.

Profile:

Macros
1.5F(.5 Saturated)
3C(1.5 Fiber)
22.5 P

Solid numbers, but what sets this apart from other protein powders is the addition of probiotics. If you don't know what those are, they are basically just healthy bacteria. From what I gathered, this contains about 2 Billion CFUs per scoop. It's usually recommended that one supplements with 3.4B CFUs per day. That's a very good amount for a protein powder, and if you take 1.5 scoops you're pretty much at that mark.

The protein blend contains several different kinds of protein sources. Those include, Milk protein which has been cultured with PBs, micellar casein, whey concentrate, isolate, peptide bonded glutamine, egg whites, and hydrolyzed whey.

I like it!

Taste/Mix:(8/10)

With water or almond milk, this was not the best tasting protein powder I've had, not by a long shot. It was by no means bad though.

I had the banana flavor. Banana is by far the best choice when you like to add whey protein to iced coffee. CNP banana+homemade iced coffee+unsweetened vanilla almond milk is probably my favorite protein powder recipe. Again though, def. not in my top 5 favorite protein powders in terms of taste when taken alone.

The mixability is not perfect either, I usually got a few clumps here and there, no matter how much I shook it. Still nothing horrible though.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Besides the usual "it's hard to rate a protein powder" line that typically sits here, I can't really comment on how well the probiotics worked on this. The only time I have stomach issues is when I have a vegetable based protein powder, or a drinkable supplement that's filled with heavy dyes. You wouldn't really notice much from 2 billion CFUs anyway, at least in my experience. It's still good to know that I'm getting my daily dose of bacteria though.

Either way, the probiotics are a good addition and I experienced no stomach issues.

Value:(7.5/10)

It's not the cheapest stuff around. 28 servings for around $36 is not great. It's also not the worst Ive ever seen though. If it weren't for the added PBS, I would have given this a "maybe" instead of a thumbs up.

Overall:(8.25/10)

Although it's nothing special in terms of taste, I still like the idea of adding probiotics to protein. I honestly don't know why other companies don't do this. I'm not going to say "OMG go out and buy this protein now!", but I'm going to give this CNP props for actually actually putting a worthy amount of PBs in their protein powder, and actually making it affordable. Compared to other protein powders that have PBs in them, it matches up well.

Examples:
Gaspari PB series- 500 Million per 2 scoops(almost laughable), comparable prices.

Maximum Vibrance- 25 Billion CFUs, very good, but it is way overpriced and the taste is just bad.

So as you can see, the other options we have on the market today are just too weak or too inconvenient for me to recommend.

I probably won't go out of my way to buy this, but if it goes on sale and I'm in need for some protein, I'll probably keep this in mind.

April 24, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Made Me Leaner
  • Dried Me Out
  • Stronger
  • Became A Little More Spotty
  • Pricey
Hi All,

I'm new here so be gentle, give you a slight background to my experience,I've been training for about 15 years and played around in amateur bodybuilding. I've tried and tested alot of supplements in my time and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all.

Ingredient Profile 10/10 - The main benefit of micellar casein is that the casein is in its natural structure. Our stomachs were designed to digest foods according to their natural structures. Casein is no exception. The digestive enzymes that the stomach uses to digest casein proteins fit into the casein micelle structures like a key. If the casein is in a different configuration from the natural structure, then the key doesn't fit and digestion of the casein proteins proceeds along a different path. absorbable calcium and phosphorous for bones and bioactive peptides that can be used as caso-morphins and stimulants of hormone production. These benefits are less likely to happen unless one is consuming micellar structure casein. The digestive enzymes that would produce absorbable di- and tri-peptide calcium and phosphorous pieces from casein or that would produce bioactive peptide pieces from micellar structure casein are not nearly as likely to fit into a traditional casein or caseinate structure. These enzymes were designed to fit into the casein micelle structure like a key and only then can the bioactive properties of casein be fully realized. Is micellar casein that much better than regular casein or caseinates? Judge for yourself! most consumers of protein powders will tell you that they achieve greater gains in lean tissue when they consume micellar casein products. And don't forget, almost every benefit that you hear about casein ... mineral absorption, bioactive peptides, better overall protein absorption/deposition ... these benefits were all found for micellar casein! Not one study has shown that casein or caseinates will serve the same function when consumed as part of a normal diet. Plus, and this is very important for anyone wanting to put on more muscle, micellar casein is the only protein (that includes whey protein) that has ever been shown in a scientific study to be anti-catabolic (inhibits destruction of lean tissue) when consumed under normal practices! No study yet has shown that whey protein, casein or caseinate would provide the same anti-catabolic protection.

Taste 9/10 - Well to be honest i like the taste well above average and i looked forward to my night time drink. strawberry flavour is by far the best one in IMO.

Mixibility 7/10 - mixing this with ice cold water seemed to cause lumps and even with 400ml of room temp water it was still a thick shake to drink. wouldn't recommend having this with milk would be insanely thick and difficult to get down IMO. use alot of water and shake vigorously.

effectiveness 9/10 - This stuff seemed to make me dry out and become leaner and slightly stronger while using it. IMO this is one of the best proteins that money can buy. You will notice a difference. I used this for leaning and shredding up.

Value 7/10 - This retails in the UK for about £50 normally but is on currently special offer for £38 which is grab it while you can. So on the original price about £1.43 per 2 scoop, the tub gives you 35 serving so good for once a day/night time shake. a little pricey then any other but well worth it. the special price is a must buy IMO. Bit pricey on Original pricing could do with staying at special offer pricing :D

Overall 8.4 - A solid score and an awesome product if the current price sticks at £38 then this is a must for anyone wanting all the benefits of this protein has to offer. the only slight thing i've noticed on pro peptide is it tends to make you a little more spotty than other proteins but i can live with that in order for maximum results