Methyldrene EPH Reviews

By: Cloma Pharma

FORUM TOPICS

Methyldrene EPH is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cloma Pharma. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
4.9
4.5
6.1
  July 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Value
  • Uses Deceptive Advertising

Methyldrene EPH isn't one of the less effective preworkouts that I've tried. I don't think I'll be buying it again.

When going to buy this for the first time, I was at my local nutrition store and it caught my eye because the label makes it look like it's something out of a pharmacy which made me think it would deliver really great results. Plus it was 45 servings and at a decent price so I decided to buy it. On the contrary though, it seemed like a placebo to me. I feel like I would take a scoop because it put me in the mood to work out, but Methyldrene EPH never really delivered a great energy rush to me.

Another downside of this preworkout is that it's a proprietary blend. The blend is 3675mg per scoop and consists of L-Arginine Ketoglutarate (AKG), creatine monohydrate, citrulline malate, dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) bitatrate, caffeine alpha-ketoglutarate, ephedra nevadensis, phenylethylamine HCL, L-Leucine, Yohimbine HCL, L-alpha glycerylphosphorcholine, and cylic adenosine monophosphate. L-arginine of course is an amino acid which is good for dilating blood vessels and allowing for more blood flow to the muscles. Creatine is good for providing the muscles with energy and increasing strength, however the dosage of creatine is not specified in this blend. Citrulline malate essentially is the same things as creatine monohydrate except it has a pump effect and increased endurance as well. DMAE is a chemical basically used to boost the mood of the user. Caffeine of course delivers the stimulant effect and although this is a proprietary blend, the label does disclose that there's 160 mg of caffeine which isn't very much at all if you're a stim freak like me. The big name in this ingredient list and the reason this preworkout sticks out is ephedrine. Ephedrine is one of the key ingredients that people use to make meth so it is another ingredient that's good for a stimulant effect. It's actually illegal to sell ephedrine by itself, because people were buying it up for this purpose. I won't go on describing the rest of the ingredients because besides Leucine which helps with endurance, they all are essentially the same thing, pumps and and stimulants. It seems as if the producer of methyldrene EPH was just experimenting with preworkouts and threw a small dosage of a bunch of ingredients together, hoping it would be effective.

One good thing about the preworkout is that it mixed well. The directions say to mix one scoop with 4-6oz of water. The flavor isn't very good though. I got the fruit blast flavor and it tastes like watered down cough medicine. It's not disgusting, just not an extraordinary flavor.

As mentioned before, this preworkout almost seemed like it was a placebo. I would take it out of habit, thinking that it would give me energy for my workout. However, I think that the ritual of taking preworkout gave me more energy than the preworkout itself. One scoop was not effective so I tried taking two scoops one time and the most dramatic difference was that I felt a tingling sensation in my hands and face. For someone who likes to wake up at 5am to workout, this preworkout does not suffice.

I think that besides the fancy label, the price of this preworkout is what made me buy it. It costs $38 online and is 45 servings, putting each scoop at around 84 cents. If you are a one scoop type of person, then this preworkout should last you a while, which is a blessing and a curse because while it lasts long, it may not be effective for you so you have to finish this preworkout before you can move on to another preworkout.

Side Effects

It didn't have any noticeable side effects. The only thing that I noticed was that it gave me tingling sensations but that was when I took two scoops.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would not buy this preworkout again. Their major selling point is that this preworkout contains ephedrine. However it doesn't contain a large enough dosage of ephedra to be effective.

Overall
Overall
6.6
6.8
  July 31, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Endurance
  • Cold Sweats
  • Lasting Energy
  • Lackluster Pump
Figured since I've got some down time today, and a keyboard to bang on, I might as well knock out another review. I took this right around January-February of this year. I won a bet with a buddy of mine, who runs his own supplement shop, so he gave me free choice of any product. Since this one looked intriguing and not as well-known, I figured "why not"! At the time I was still working graveyards, so stims were my thing ( I think I 'm SLOWLY weening off!). The Ephedra on the label got my attention, and brought back memories of the old Metabolife or Hydroxycut pills, the cold sweats, super endurance, easy breathing, loss of appetite, and EXTREME weight loss (compared to today's fat burners). *sigh* I miss the good old days. My buddy explained to me how this product contained ground Ephedra leaves, not the old ephedrine alkaloids. Lets get into this.

PROFILE-6 A 6 gram scoop contains a prop-blend, but at least they disclosed the caffeine (160mg). Theres the usual players like L-Arganine, Creatine mono, Citrulline. theres also DMAE, Ephedra Nevadensis, Phenylethylamine, L-Leucine, Yohimbe, Alpha GPC, cAMP, and Schisandra Berry. And dyes and flavors. These last few items, not really sure what they do. Someday I'll look them up. The first ones are pretty much preworkout staples. It didn't have Beta-Alanine or Niacine, that could be good or bad depending on the user. This mixed somewhat decent, just a little clumping at the bottom. I had the Tangy Tangerine, and thought it tasted like Tang!

EFFECTIVENESS- 6.5 I started with one scoop, ended with 2 scoops. This wasn't an "extreme" preworkout, and with no Beta-Alanine, you wont get that "rip my face off" feeling. What I did get was a consistent rising energy, much more endurance, better breathing, and cold sweats! The pump was lackluster at most. I did enjoy this at two scoops. Nope, I didn't lose any weight taking this, or have a loss of appetite, but the cold sweats during my workout brought back nostalgia!

SIDE EFFECTS-7 not bad. No jitters or shakiness, no paranoia. I didn't build up much tolerance past 2 scoops

VALUE-8 This is going for under $30, for a 45 scoop can. Not bad, that's right around the industry standard. If there wasn't so many choices in the preworkout department, I wouldn't mind buying this again.

OVERALL- 7 This isn't a bad product at all, I'd put it in my "virtual shelf" right under Jackd Advance (maybe next to), certainly above ENGN and C-4. Like i said before, if there wasn't so many good choices in the Preworkout field, I wouldn't mind taking this again.

December 11, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has Dmaa...at Least
  • Uses Deceptive Advertising
I felt the need to write this review, due to the deception used to sell the product.Cloma Pharma is one of many "companies ", that are trying to market supposedly ephedra based pwo and dietary supplements .The 270 gm can has the word ephedra plastered all over it.But once you read the list of ingredients, which mirror jack3d's very closely, you will immediately be hit with a disclaimer stating that all ephedrine alkaloids have been removed from said product.Other than the glaring deception, this is just your run of the mill dmaa- caffeine- ***tail.Veteran stimuli users will immediately ascertain this. If one were to take the pepsi challenge with this or any other effective pwo stimuli ***tail, you know; the ones that still have dmaa in them, one would be hard pressed to tell the difference.Anyone remember the old Ultimate Orange or Metaform Heat? I do, and this ain't it.This is the same thing as jack3d, and you can get that for about 10-15 bucks a can less.I gave this product 5's because it does work as a dmaa based stimuli.Its just the bs marketing that sets me off.