Tier 1 Reviews

Overall
Overall
  October 13, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • Great Focus
  • Clean Energy
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Excellent Taste/mixability
Tier 1 from Citadel Nutrition is up for review. Big thanks to Citadel and Daniel for letting me try this product. In addition, it is worth nothing that a hand written letter accompanied the product to describe the ingredients, effectiveness and their appreciation. In a day in age where form printed letters and auto signatures, this was a class act.

How i ran it: 1.25 - 1.30 scoops 20 minutes prior to workout on an empty stomach. I did have BCAAs intra workout and I did stack this preworkout with Gatorade powder.

My Routine: As many of you know my routines are based on supersets, dropsets and monstersets. Many mass to shred supersets are my niche.

Profile 8.75: Tier1 advertises their product as effective doses and proven ingredients. Other than the B6/B12 vitamins there are only 4 active ingredients. Creapure, Tyrosine, Beta Alanine and Caffeine. The dosages are all at highly effective dosages (per scoop) 3 grams of creapure, 3 grams of tyrosine, 2 grams of beta alanine and 200mg of caffeine. Additionally, all of these ingredients are from solid distributors including CREAPURE, CARNOSYN, and AJIPURE. With 30 serving per container, this will last you a solid month if you dose betwen 1 and 1.25 scoops. Anything more is too over powering in my opinion with the stimulants. It advertises only 200mg of caffeine, but with the high dose of Tyrosine and the pureness of the ingredients this felt much stronger than typical preworkouts. An independent third party lab test report accompanied the product verifying the ingredients and the dosages. Simply put, this is not a pixie dust or micro dosing approach.

The only ingredient(s) I believe would improve the product would be the inclusion of BCAAs at an effective dosage. 5 to 7 grams of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio would set this apart from the field even more, as I am an advocate of taking BCAAs preworkout.

Effectiveness 8.5: Again, the simple fully disclosed profile does deliver. This is one of the strongest stimulant based pre workouts that I have ever taken. It is not as strong as muscle marinade, but it is fairly close. I have to attribute the energy levels to the pureness of the ingredients and the synergistic effect of the L-Tyrosine and the caffeine. At 1.25 scoops I was getting roughly 260mg of caffeine and about 4g of L-Tyrosine. This provided a solid stream of consistent clean energy that lasted throughout the entire workout. I did not experience any crashing afterwards, which in my opinion is a big plus.

As far as the other ingredients (creapure and beta alanine), I did get a flushed and tingled feeling from the Beta Alanine which was expected. The creatine is solid and having CREAPURE at an effective dosage preworkout is a welcome change, rather than a pixie dust approach.

No pump/vasodilators are included in this product, so there was no "additional" pump.

Taste N/A: You know I don't judge preworkouts on taste. In my opinion all pres taste the same. Although, this tasted smooth, colorless and a a good refreshing lemonade type flavor. No added dyes is a nice exclusion to limit unnecessary ingredients.

Value 8.0: At roughly 25.00 plus shipping ($5) on Citidal Nutrition's website, this is priced in the middle of the market. Fair pricing for sure. Given the yield of servings was roughly 23 servings.

Conclusion: More and more companies are adopting more simpler, cleaner (even fully disclosed) profiles. This is about a simple and fully disclosed as it gets. The ingredients are proven, the doses are effective. This will provide solid energy without having to significantly increase the number of scoops. The clean profile with very few fillers is great.

Tier1 gets the bladeski seal of approval!