Predator Reviews

By: Chaos and Pain

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
Predator is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Chaos and Pain. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Overall
Overall
5.5
(SR paid for product; Chaos and Pain did not participate)
  February 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Unsure If Effective

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I had only ever tried one Nutrient Partitioner before, and had some good success with it and really learned its benefits. Once I saw SR offering up Predator by Chaos and Pain I wanted to give it a whirl, plus with a name like that how could I go wrong. Thank you to Tommy and Clipper at SR for this opportunity as they provided this not the company. Lets see if this turned me into a stalking beast!

Fully disclosed label which is always a good thing. There are three blends total, each with the ingredients labeled and dosed out. Since alot of these ingredients are not to common lets break them down and see why they are dosed the way they are (doses are all based off 1 pill):

Glyco-Insulin Sensitivity Blend

Super Berberine (250mg): This is a compound extracted from a variety of herbs. It is supplemented for its anti-diabetic effects, which rival the potency of some pharmaceuticals. Standard dose here is 900 - 2,000mg daily divided into three to four doses. High doses of this can cause an upset stomach, cramping, and diarrhea, so I am glad that its dosed a bit low. This is one of the few supplement ingredients out there that has proven to be effective according to Examine.com.

Banaba Leaf Extract (200mg): Lagerstroemia, also known as Banaba, is a plant whose leaves have been used for anti-diabetic purposes. It contains a variety of molecules such as corosolic acid which may confer benefit to glucose control. It can inhibit uptake (digestion and absorption) of carbohydrates to a degree, and can also aid in their deposition into cells from the blood stream (resulting in a reduction in blood sugar). Recommended dose here is 3,000mg but research is unsure at this point if that truly is the optimal dose. If the standard dose holds true then this is dosed low in my opinion.

Cinnamon (100mg): We all know what cinnamon is and it may increase blood flow and contains a chemical that might work like insulin to lower blood sugar. However, these effects are thought to be fairly weak. Proper dosing is unknown.

Chromium Picolinate (200mcg): This is an essential mineral. It regulates glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity. Supplementing more than the body needs does not give reliable results. Typical doses are 1,000mcg taken twice a day, so here the dose is a bit low, but you can also find Chromium in food.

Antioxidant / AMPk Matrix

Pterostilbene (50mg): Pterostilbene is a dimethylated derivative of resveratrol that, for some mechanisms, is more potent. It is also much better absorbed, and is commonly referred to as a 'better resveratrol'. It looks promising, but has significantly less research than its predecessor. 50mg or 125mg twice a day are the standard doses here. Basically this ingredient is there to aid in lowering your cholestorol.

R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (50mg): ALA is a fatty acid present in the mitochondria. It is involved in energy metabolism and may decrease blood glucose acutely. It is commonly taken with L-Carnitine supplements, as they are related in mechanisms. ALA provides a short but potent reduction of oxidation by increasing anti-oxidant enzymes. Standard doses here are 300-600mg.

Absorption Blend

Capsorb (Sodium Caprate) (50mg): As per the company "Capsorb is atrademarked version of sodium caprate and increases the oral bioavailability of poorly permeable compounds, by increasing absorption across the gut wall." 50mg seems to be the common dose.

Bioperine (5mg): Very standard ingredient for absorption. 20mg is the dose you really want, but 5mg is common to have across the board.

I took 2 pills at a time once per day, so I got double the benefits, but as you can see most ingredients would still be underdosed for max effect. Overall the ingredients are not bad, at least there is nothing that appears to be a filler in here which is always nice. Comparing this to my only other Nurtient Partitioner Experience which was RPG (REDCON1) the dosages are almost completely different. Whether thats good or bad really just depends on how this works for you.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to talk about here as this is in pill form. I will say the pills are a cool looking black color, really reminding me of the Predator!! They were tasteless.

Dosing: I started off with 1 pill before a heavy carb meal, but then moved to taking 2, as the directions call for 2 pills for intense carb support. I figure this way I would see the most effect, if any. The directions don't say so explicitly, but I would imagine you would want to dose this around 1 pill for 25g Carbs and 2 pills for 50g Carbs and up.

This is the second Nutrient Partitioner I have taken, and honestly I could not tell the difference here. The other one I took, I would not feel lethargic or tired after a heavy carb meal and could tell it was working to partition the carbs to energy in that aspect. Here, I saw no difference in how I felt after heavy carb meals. I waited a few days before writing this review after finishing Predator just to make sure, but I really could not tell if this was working or not. My mid section is developing harder abs again, but I don't know if its because of Predator or the Thermogenic I am taking. So it is possible, this did aid in my diet, but I can't tell for sure. In the end I could not feel a difference taking this or not, so unsure if this did anything! Bear in mind this is my experience and your's may vary.

You can find this on Amazon or from the company's website itself for $39.99 which gives you 60 capsules. That comes out to 67 cents per pill. From what I can tell this is about the average price for a Nutrient Partitioner, but for me since I can't tell if this made a difference or not, the value is not that great. I would rather pay more for a product that I know works.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I could not tell if Predator made a difference for me or not. Nutrient Partitioners are not the easiest to tell if they are doing anything, but I would not feel a difference taking this before a high carb meal or not at all. I can't say this didn't do anything either, so I am giving it a MEH rating. Its an average price tag, and your experience may vary. This was the first product I have ever taken from Chaos & Pain, and so far I am not sold on the company.