Pure Whey has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

Pure Whey Reviews

By: Champion

Protein > Whey Protein
Pure Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Champion. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Pure Whey has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

June 15, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • There Are Better Products
This has become my to-go protein powder. Main reason: price here in Brazil.

I always get the Vanilla because it has more protein and less carbs per serving. I ran 3 tubs 2 lbs tubs, I'm running another 5 lbs tub

Taste: 8/10. Good vanilla taste, you can mix with another stuff (like banana and milk, with strawberry and milk and make a good shake like a MRP). 90% of the time I drink it solo (with water only) and it's good.

Mixability: 9/10. Mixes very well, small clumps sometimes, you need to shake a little bit more to make it dissolve. No worries here.

Profile: 8/10. Good proportion, but it's only Whey Concentrate (no isolates on the new formula).

Price: for me it's a 10 in Brazil. Just to compare: if I pay 50 dollars on a 5 lbs tub on BB I would pay another 35 dollars just to ship. And if customs tax it here, I'll pay another 30 dollars on taxes (60% tax to import stuff), so it would cost me 115 dollars to buy a 5 lbs tub. So it's just impossible to pay this price on protein!
Here I can get some internet deals and pay around 70-75 dollars on a 5 lbs tub and get a good quality protein.
If you compare with other proteins, it should be cheaper than Optimum Gold Standard IMHO. So I'll give a 7 to U.S. residents (I think 50 dollars on a 5 lb tub is just Ok. If you can get it cheaper it's worth).

Effectiveness: 8/10. It's hard to rate this stuff on protein. I drink it 2 times on training days (1 pre and 1 post, 1 scoop each time). It gives me a good recovery, it's a lean protein (32g scoop: 120 cals, 23 protein, 1.5 fat and 4 carbs). I don't get bloated, I don't need to rush to the bathroom after taking it, I can stack it very well. So it's a good protein for me.

Should I recommend? Yes if you can get it for a good price (like me here, or a good deal). If you want to mix stuff (milk, fruits, oats and make a bigger a long lasting shake) and spare your isolate whey, I also think it's a good option since it's only concentrate.

November 10, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Very Well
  • Helps Reduce Muscle Loss On Diet Periods
    I know everybody here has their favorites. I am not trying to convince you of getting this, but I must say that this protein satisfies all my needs.

Effectiveness(9/10):

It has an excellent profile with a good ratio of EFA and BCAA. It has about 23g of protein per scoop which to some it may not be a lot, but rememebr that you cannot digest 60g at once. It also does not contain any aspartame and it only has like 4g of carbs. It is a very lean protein.

Taste(10/10): I got chocolate because I think it should be a flavor that, even if its bad, is tolerable. I had very low expectations from it, but wow! the taste is incredible. It is really good, like actual chocolate. It doesn't leave an after taste and you really don't get sick of it because it tastes like a chocolate drink.

Mixability(10/10): It dissolves in water, it is incredible how good it mixes. Whether you do it with shaker bottle or with a spoon; it simply mixes great. You don't get any clumps and all you need is 5 oz of water, so it almost like drinking a protein shot.

Value(8/10): I think it is of great value because it has an excellent profile and you get a decent amount of servings per 2lb and per 5 lb tube. I believe is 32 servings for 2lbs and 72 for 5lbs. Each serving is one scoop. The price on this varies a lot from site to site, but I pay distributor pricing so is different for me; however, you can find at average price, maybe a lil cheaper.

Overall(9/10): this protein has become my staple protein. I simply enjoy it, I have gone through 5 tubes of this. I know there are some really good proteins out there and maybe even better; however, this one does not fall short of good. It has a good profile, no fillers, no aspartame, low carbs, good amount of servings and it tastes and mixes great.

I simply recommend it.