Super Sport Protein has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

Super Sport Protein Reviews

By: Cellucor

FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein
Super Sport Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Cellucor. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Super Sport Protein has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

February 8, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • Easy Mixing
  • Added Bcaas
  • A Bit Pricey
Cellucor Super Sport Whey Protein.
Thank you to Cellucor for participating in the ER program and allowing a few of us to try their Super Sport Whey Protein. They were kind enough to send us two bags of each, Chocolate and Vanilla, 30 servings each.

Overview: The overall effectiveness of a protein is hard to review, yet there are many other components to compliment this. When switching proteins, you always look for a drop off, or an increase in recovery, muscle maintenance and or growth. Through two full bags of this, I am happy to report absolutely no drop off and an increase in muscle growth with this as my primary post workout shake.

Effectiveness:9

The effectiveness of this product is directly tied in with the profile.

Profile:9

The primary ingredient in this product is Whey Protein Isolate. Ideal for fast acting protein consumption post workout. Complimented by Hydrolyzed Protein to increase absorption and bio availability.
30g of protein per serving, slightly above standard. Along with a superior protein profile, 10g of Glutamine and BCAAs are complementary, to help aid in recovery and growth. This product did just that, nice recovery, and helped build muscle as a compliment to each stak I had been running at the time. Another highlight, no saturated fat, and only 1g of fat per serving. Very clean, and hard to believe by the taste.

Taste/Mix-ability: 9

I preferred the Chocolate over the Vanilla, but that is my general preference. Both mixed very well in a bottle or shaker. In a blender or bullet, zero sediment, little foam, and a very smooth drink. At times I mixed the two and the taste was spot on. Mixed with low fat milk,the chocolate rivaled a chocolate milk shake or thick chocolate milk carton. With water, a bit thin, but still very good. I often mixed this with Cellucor's Core Performance Creatine, and if this can mask that, it can mask anything.

Side effects: 0

No bloat, no full feeling, and little to no gas retention or expulsion. Possibly the "cleanest" protein I have ingested. There is a very low carb content, lower than I prefer, but this is easily adjusted by consuming carbs from a different source. The low carb formula would be beneficial to many, including those ingesting carbs from an outside source post workout. It also processes fast, allowing me to ingest a post workout meal with ease, every time.

Value:7

Cellucor has a reputation for being a bit pricy. This product is no exception. At $50 dollars for a 30 serving container, it is a little steep in my book. Now after having the opportunity to try three separate Cellucor products in the past three months, (C4, Cor-Performance Creatine, and Super Sport Whey) all have been top notch quality. When it comes to quality, I don't mind shelling out a few extra bucks. But for my post workout shake, I would like to spend a few less than offered for this one. Now if Cellucor could make a 60 Serving tub or bag, and reduce the price per serving a tad, I would have no hesitation in bumping the value up to an 8 or even 9 based on the quality. Until then I rate it a 7.
A very random side note, each came in a bag which I thought was convenient at the time, considering my pantry and fridge are filled with big bulky tubs. Yet the zip lock seal broke on both bags very quickly. It didn't alter the product, just a bit annoying.

Overall:8

Very clean, great tasting, and fantastic profile. A tad expensive, but if you can find this on sale or have a coupon for a site that offers this, I would definitely recommend trying Cellucor's Super Sport.

January 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • A Bit Pricey
Cellucor was so nice to provide the reviewers with their Super Sport protein. Special thanks to Mike at cellucor. Both the chocolate and vanilla were provided so generously. It has been a while since I have reviewed a protein. Typically I stick with my standard staples of combat, pro complex or mts whey; but it is always a welcome change to try new proteins from solid companies.

How I ran it: Ran this exclusively post workout. Only 1 scoop, 30g per serving.

Ingredients: Pure whey isolate and whey hydrolysate . Simple as it gets, fortified with extra BCAAs and glutamine totally 10g. The only disappointment is the exact profile is not broken down, but you have a general sense of the profile.

Stack: Given the amount of servings I had to run through, my stack changed however it essentially very basic.

My Routine: As many of you know my routines are based on supersets, dropsets and monster sets.

Effectiveness 9.5: In order to evaluate a protein you must review its amino acid profile, quality of ingredients and the digestive issues. The amino profile is on point with 10 grams of combined BCAAs and glutamine for every 30g serving of protein. Each scoop has 36 total grams which includes 30g of isolate/hydro and 4g of carbs. Very little filler and necessary ingredients. This profile and ingredient listing supports the quality of the ingredients. No fillers, preservatives or additives.

This may be one of the very few proteins that I have had no digestive issues. This is surprising since isolates typically give me problems, however not with this Cellucor product. Regardless how how and what I mixed this with I near no issues. Recovery was on par with other quality proteins, nothing better nothing worse.

Taste 9 (chocolate) 10 (vanilla): This **stuff** tastes great. Both flavors are smooth ad not overly sweet in both water or almond milk. As everyone knows, mixing with almond milk makes everything even more delicious. My personal favorite was almond milk, unflavored Greek yogurt and some ice. Either flavor of super sport was "fall off the seat" good.

Value 7: A 30 serving bag will run you close to $50, which places this on the higher end however with all proteins becoming more expensive it isn't absurdly priced.

Conclusion 8.5: This product gets the bladeski seal of approval. The protein is solid quality, made with pure ingredients and no digestive issues. However it does cost a premium compared to other similar products.

January 8, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • A Bit Pricey
First, I'd like to thank Cellucor for the generous sample package and for participating in our expert reviewer's program.
I received both a 2.4lb bag of Chocolate and a 2.4 bag of Vanilla both with 30 servings. Although protein is sometimes difficult to review and there isn't a huge difference from one product to another, I have tried well over 30 different proteins, so I feel I have a good amount to compare it to.

Taste-Chocolate: 9/10: Very pleasant tasting, ranks up there with the best tasting proteins I've tried.

Taste-Vanilla: 8/10: This surprised me as I've had some bad experiences tasting other companies proteins. It seems that Vanilla is a tough flavor to get right. That said, this is probably the best tasting vanilla protein I've tried.

Mixability: 10/10: Perfect as can be here, I didn't even need a blender, a shaker bottle mixed perfectly and left no residue in the bottle.

Gas/bloating factor: 5/10: As with several other whey proteins I've tried, this left me with some pretty bad gas, not a big deal though and this alone wouldn't deter me from purchasing a product.

Ingredient profile: 9/10: I like the fact that this isn't loaded with fillers as many other proteins are. If the list is a mile long, I generally stay away, but this had a very short list of ingedients. It is an isolate first with added hydroslysates which is exactly what I like in a protein. My only complaint would be the acesulfame potassium, I wish companies would just stick to sucralose as I feel its a healthier option.

Value: 5/10: Here's my only major disappointment with the product. It is $53 for a 2.4 lb bag, which is 30 servings which brings it to $1.77/serving. For comparison sake, Optimum's 2 lb of 100% Whey is .93/serving and their Hydrowhey is 1.50-2.00 serving. So basically it is priced as a hydrolysate even though its first ingredient is isolate. In fairness however, it is 30g protein per serving whereas most other proteins are 24g/serving. I generally use 40g/serving no matter the protein, so I do like the bigger serving size.

Effectiveness: 9/10:
No complaints here, its as effective as any good protein I've ever used. At 35 years old, my recovery isn't what it was at age 20, so I can tell the difference sometimes between proteins. I have had a few in the past I've been very disappointed with such as Protolyn and Iso 100, but I felt this gave me great recovery and on par with the other best proteins I've tried.

Summary: I'm grateful for this opportunity to try this protein. I do feel Cellucor is a quality company and despite past issues on this site, I feel they've done a good job of keeping on the up and up in the last year. This product is effective and tastes good, but it is very pricey. I would buy this product again, but would probably wait for a sale

November 27, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • Easy Mixing
  • Added Bcaas
  • A Bit Pricey
First off Id like to thank Cellucor and the ER program for allowing me the opportunity to try Cellucor's newest protein: Super Sport.
As mostly everyone knows, reviewing a protein is very subjective and somewhat tough to do, so Il keep it short and to the point.

Profile: 9.5/10
Not much to say here.
30grams of high quality whey isolate per scoop. No crazy fillers or other lower quality proteins. Its a very 'lean' protein, low cals and minimal other macros, which is always a plus and makes it more versatile. For a pure isolate, Super Sport has a solid bcaa profile. All in all, no gripes here, just a straight up high quality isolate.

Mixability/Taste: 9.5/10
Probably the easiest/cleanest mixing protein Ive tried. No foam, no floaters, no chunks. Two thumbs up.

Vanilla was very good with water but even better with coconut milk. Eitherway it was up there with some of the better tasting vanilla proteins I have tried.
Chocolate was also very tasty. Mixed with water it was a very mild, yet enjoyable chocolate flavor. As with the vanilla, chocolate tasted very good mixed with coconut milk.
Overall, both flavors were enjoyable and you couldnt go wrong choosing either one.

I hate trying to rate a protein's effectiveness, Its so tough to gauge/quantify such a rating.
Based on my experience with SuperSport, I can say that it is a clean protein source, as it produced zero intestinal discomfort that I experience with other lower quality proteins. Did it pack on muscle? Obviously not, but it provides a clean, low cal, easy digesting 30grams of protein and for that it gets two thumbs up from me.

As with most Cellucor products, SuperSport is on the expensive side, even for a pure isolate.
$65 for 5lbs is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Overall, if you have the cash to shell out for a quality protein this is a solid choice. Cellucor puts out high quality products, but they come at a premium price, the choice is yours but I definitely recommend this one.

November 24, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • A Bit Pricey
I went through a bag of this a few months ago, and to be honest I was not impressed with it. After looking over the ingredient profile I was excited to try it because Cellucor in my opinion typically puts out very high quality products. Not that this was of low quality, however, I feel the taste was really not that good compared to other high-end protein powders. The product boasts a blend of whey isolates, hydrolysates, and additional micronized aminos.

Mixibility:

8.5/10

The product mixed well in both water and milk. It was not perfect, but was still able to dissolve almost completely in water or milk with just a spoon.

Taste:

6.5/10

This is what killed this product for me. I just did not think the taste was up to par. I only tried the Milk Chocolate and it was just a mediocre tasting protein in my opinion. Mixing it in milk did not help the taste much either.

Value:

6.5/10

You can pick this up for 52.99 on Bodybuilding.com for 30 servings of 30 grams of protein. In my opinion this is just too much for any protein, let alone one that I did not like the taste of. I used my GNC discount on this and got it a bit cheaper, but still was not worth it.

Overall:

I really can't recommend this product. I feel if you are going to spend extra money on Isolate proteins, go with Wheybolic 60 or Hydro Whey. I feel like those two products are higher quality and better tasting options.

November 5, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • Easy Mixing
  • Added Bcaas
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Comes In A Bag
Another Cellucor review. I used this a while back and I am using it right now too. This is Cellucor's protein powder which never really gets much attention. I'll make this review simple, because there are going to be more reviews on this to come.

Mixability:(10/10)
This mixes extremely well. Super Sport is a pure whey isolate, which we all know mixes great as it is. Not much to say here. It does not change the thickness of the liquid it is mixed with.

Taste:(9.7/10)
This STUFF tastes very good. I have tried both the vanilla and chocolate flavors. The chocolate one pretty much turns milk into chocolate milk. The vanilla flavor goes down very well too. I recommend mixing them with vanilla almond milk.

Ingredient Profile:(9.8/10)
This is one of the cleanest protein powders I have used. It is not "ion exchange" and has no other macros high enough for me to count(I count the carbs in MTS Whey because they are higher). 30g of protein per scoop is a little higher than most other protein powders, not that it matters really.

Effectiveness:(9.5/10)
Seriously, how can you rate the effectiveness of a whey protein powder, it is simply a fast digesting protein. I usually just go with 9 on most of my protein powder reviews, but I gave this one a 9.5 because of how well it stays in my stomach. No protein farts, no bloating, no problems at all. It is always a joy to drink this. The added BCAAs are nice too.

One complaint I have is that it comes in a bag. This makes scooping a bit awkward. Nothing bad, but I prefer tubs.

Value:(7.5/10)
As with all Cellucor products, they all have a higher price tag. I know they are high quality, and that they all "work" very well. At $64.99, this is cheaper than Wheybolic(full prices, no discounts), yet not by much. If this were $10-$15 cheaper, it would be at a very fair/reasonable price.

Overall:(9.5/10)
I love this STUFF. Great taste, awesome mixability, "clean". I have to say, the box comes with an awesome shaker cup too. Give this STUFF a try. It is too expensive to be a staple protein powder, yet you will not be unhappy with your purchase.

March 27, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
  • Taste
  • Easy Mixing
  • Added Bcaas
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Slightly Large Serving Size.
I managed to get this on sale a while back for about $20 after savings for the 12 serving bag. I was a bit skeptical at first as I feel Cellucor products are usually greatly over priced. I purchased the Milk Chocolate and must say it was a pleasant surprise. I take this to work with me and mix it with water in a shaker cup twice a day in between meals and sometimes post workout. I chose to only use about 2/3 of a scoop as I felt 30g was a tad on the large size. Anytime I can get it cheaply I will definitely be going back for more.

Mixability 10/10 - In a shaker cup (the kind with the spiral ball) with water this stuff mixes wonderfully. I had no clumps or powder residue left in my cup after and cleanup was very easy when I was finished.

Taste 9/10 - Taste was amazing. It really doesn't taste like a supplement at all. The best way I could describe the taste is similar the cheap Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate most concessions give out at football games and track events when it's cold out, only chilled of course. I was surprised cause most proteins taste like poo when mixed in water.

Price 7/10 - Here is my only real complaint with this product. It's very pricey for the amount of servings you get. If you split it up to about 2/3 scoops you're still getting 20g of Isolate Whey Protein per serving with a good amount of glutamine and BCAAs. (roughly 1.60 per serving this way instead of 2.50, assuming you paid $30 for it at GNC)

Overall 8/10 - A very solid product, particularly if you can get it on sale. The price is high but you're getting(delicious) high quality protein with glutamine and BCAAs thrown in, not sure if I could ask for much more. Many of the best proteins are going to cost you and this one is no different. I will be purchasing it again.

January 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean
  • Smooth
    Thanks to Mike and the other guys at Cellucor, I received a 12-serving bag of the new Super Sport protein to test out as part of their Black Ops program. Cellucor has never disappointed me with any of their products and the same goes for this protein. That being said, I don't think I'll be making this my regular choice for protein simply because I prefer a protein blend as opposed to a whey isolate.

Mixability - 7/10 - I tried this both with milk and with water, and it took a good bit more of shaking (shaker bottle with agitator ball) to get it to mix completely in the milk than it did when mixed with water. It still mixed very well though, so I can't complain about that too much.

Taste - 8/10 - This is one of the only chocolate proteins that I've tried that actually tastes BETTER in water than in milk. I felt that the flavor was a bit too strong when I mixed it with the milk, but this is going to be based purely on personal preference.

Profile - 6/10 - This is another category that is based solely on my personal preference. I know a lot of people prefer have 2 or 3 different proteins that they take based on the time of day (i.e. whey isolate post-workout, casein before bed, etc). I on the other hand prefer a blended protein that can be used at any point throughout the day and still yield the desired results and effectiveness.

Overall - 7/10 - Like I said from the start, this product looks like a great product but just isn't functional for me at this point in my training. If I ever decide to split my protein up into 2 or 3 different supplements then I will definitely be turning to this as my Whey Isolate but for now I will be sticking with my blended protein. Cellucor has proven over the last couple of years to be a top-notch supplement company and has maintained that reputation with this product.

December 19, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean
    • Smooth
    • A Bit Pricey
    I purchased Super Sport Whey a week after it was released. I had wind of its debut a month before it came out, and the suspense was a constant build up until the first drink. I was anticipating the taste of Super Sport, because all of Cellucor products have been excellent in taste, and I was sure the protein would be superior to all other whey protein drinks.

Taste - 4/5 - Upon first opening of the bag, the vanilla creme smells like a vanilla milkshake, so I was excited. The first time, I mixed it with water, and it was ok, but not up to par with what I was expecting. So the next time, I mixed it with some skim milk and the taste was much better. It did taste like a vanilla milkshake.

Mix Texture - 5/5 - This protein is a super clean and smooth powder that does not clump up when mixing, and it mixes so smoothly, that you cannot taste the powder when swallowing it. Whether you use a shaker ball, or a straining filter, it mixes and swallows super easy.

Price - 3/5 - People always say, "You get what you pay for" and granted, I agree with that, but this protein is a bit pricey for only 2.4lbs. Although it comes from a line of very popular and very effective products, I find it very hard to be a repetitive buyer of this protein, seeing how my budget cannot afford it every month. On the bright side, it does come with a nice black Cellucor shaker cup.

Misc. - 5/5 - Aside from the free shaker cup, and the steep price, this product is great. It is a great post workout protein, it goes good with breakfast, and comes stacked with 10g of Glutamine and BCAA's for every serving. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who can and is willing to pay for it, but would not recommend buying it on a tight budget.

Cellucor is known for their products showing results, and this being loaded with "good" ingredients, I am sure this product is on the same shelf, as far as getting results goes.