P6 PM Reviews

By: Cellucor

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
P6 PM is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.
6.7

February 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Diminished Soreness
  • Better Recovery
  • Faster Recovery
  • Relaxation
  • Pleasant And Effective Sleep Aid
  • Restful Sleep
  • No Test Boosting Effect
Time for this review to happen!! Thank you to Cellucor for the op. to use this product and the TROOP's program for making it possible. Now for a little info on why I wanted this supplement and why. I work a lot and I work 12hr or more days, and I'm a night owl so I have some trouble fitting a lot of things in ; this includes working out, hanging out, and sleep. I have few problems staying a sleep just getting there. I have used many sleep "supplements" and found them all to work in some ways but the effect becomes less the more they are used thus I stay awake too long, get less sleep and suffer the doldrums and poor recovery after. And I really like that this had a Test support built in, I also have a good history with natural Testosterone "supplements". Wanted to see what this product could do and this is what I got.

Ingredient Profile: 6.5.

I really wanted to rate this higher but with the Prop' blend and the Test support seeming lacking even with the blend it was not going to happen. The sleep aid's and calming ingredients in this I have seen many times before so nothing new here. Some of the best performing have had most of this in them but "they" also disclosed that on the label which is not done here. I like the GABA which has always helped me stay a sleep and improve recovery, Passionflower is also in here and has always helped calm me down and get me ready to sleep. I have some teas with this that work well. If the amount of the blend is in first to last then Melatonin comes in last. I have used 3 to 10 mg alone with mixed effects ; I have found that for myself 3mg is good but after lots of work and no "play" I find I need more to put me out. So mixed sleep aids work better for me and this is I think with the blend and all not bad just not great. I would add Chamomile and/or Lemon Balm, or even some 5-HTP. Or add more of the listed ingredients; or in a stronger extract ratio. Now as for the "test" support profile is I think it is what it shows; a support maybe but not a booster. Tribulus terrestris being a good libido booster does not warrant the claim of a great 'test' support; also as one or more reviews have already stated we don't have full disclosure on amount. Also stated no other '"test" support/boosters are listed, unless you count the micros listed. SO blend and stating "test" support with little to do it with , oh and BLEND hurts this.

Dosing: 7

Take one serving (4 capsules) on an empty stomach 30-60 min. before bedtime. For best results , avoid taking with dairy or other calcium containing foods or supplements. DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPSULES PER DAY. UAD.

Easy enough on taking just 4 and simple about 30-60 min before sleepy bye. No problems taking these, no weird burps or flavor. I did at some times have a late meal and it did effect how well the works; but in the supplements defence that was to be expected. I just had to point out that as others have stated that with our time being pressed we may have had to cram something down after a workout and then wait as long as possible then take this. Just a thing to keep in mind as this is disclosed on the label.

Effectiveness: 7

I got good sleep! At first the feeling was a good calming wave and followed by a heavy eyed feeling, then just good sleep. This did not knock me out, even at the start; at first I waited for it too and when that K.O never came I went to bed and closed my eyes.......ZZzzzz. Some dreams, nothing crazy as some sleep aids have given but nice even sleep/dreams. I also noticed some improved recovery; not so much as it was AMAZING but I did notice especially after leg and back days I felt better than before. This did continue through the entire use and I was happy about that. Now as the time went by I did get to where I was waiting for the "test" support and I kept waiting...about the half way point I may have noticed some slight libido boost, but honestly that can be affected by diet and overall health. As I neared the end of this run I did find the sleep to be good but the "test" never passed the test. To state a well known phrase but I love all the same: "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. (Daniel 5:25-27, see also "A Knight's Tale; R.I.P Heathcliff Andrew Ledger ). I really was wanting that extra that never came, to be honest with the label on the bottle I knew it was a dream.( ha get it...sleep aid...dream...eh nvm). Also I did have trouble falling to sleep in the end as my body fought back with resistance to the active ingredients over time.

Side effects: 8

No real side effects were felt as long as I could get to bed 6 hrs. before I needed to be awake again. Which on off days was easy, work nights to workday harder from time to time. Just get to bed sooner and you will be made in the shade! The drag did hit me if I stayed up too late. I will take the blame for most of this, the rest I put on maybe making this stronger.

Value: 6.5 (Overall)

This did well as a sleep aid and not much as "test" that I could feel and in my book $39.95 is a bit steep for what I got. As the TROOP program I did not pay for this supplement except with this FAIR and HONEST review; being as such I would expect more for the price. If the "test" support side of this supplement were effective this price is understandable. But as is IMO...no, and I would not buy this as anything but a high $$$ sleep aid and I don't got that kind of money yo! As the sleep was good my normal sleep supplement is half this cost and more effective! I really wanted to rate this better but the bottle promised more to me than I feel I got. Maybe if some things were disclosed, added, adjusted this would be much better...feels like it's close just off the mark.

Overall/Conclusion: 6.55

I did like the sleep but to many things bring this back to "Meh I expected more"! I have good expectations of Cellucor products in general and this let me down a bit. I would not buy this unless it is improved or revamped. I feel I have said all I can and am happy to have used this supplement; but as I really wanted it to give me that boost/edge all it did was put me to sleep.

January 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slightly Increased Test
  • Increased Libido
  • Faster Recovery
  • Better Recovery
  • Diminished Soreness
  • Strength Gains
  • Did Not Increase Sleep

I'm a 25 year old 6'2 male whose weight fluctuates between 180-190. My goal is to add lean mass. I was on a mass strength/ hypertrophy program (4 days/week) when using this product. My diet was not great, many times I did not hit my calorie requirement but I still got stronger!

I like the PM Blend, I think it did help me to relax (melatonin,GABA, passionflower) and the tribulus definitley increased me libido. I also enjoyed the benefits from the B6, Magnesium, and zinc content this product contains. I think this helped my strength and energy levels during the day.

I just took the suggested amount of capsules ( 4 capsules) a night. I missed a few doses here and there on weekends. But for the most part I too this product consistently. Obviously the capsules are tasteless.

This product did not do much for my sleep. But I have trouble sleeping and most sleep products don't work for me anyways. However, I experienced strength increases in the gym and size increases as well. My lifts went up around 10 percent or more. This product helped me the most with my recovery though. My soreness diminished drastically and I was ready to go and motivated for the gym sooner than normal. I would lift very heavy and high volume, and come back the next day and lift just as hard and with a high volume as well with the same or better energy level. Even when I was not getting adequate sleep I was still recovering and making gains.

The value is great! 120 ct for 39.99$. That's right around a 1.30/dose. So about 40$ for a month. I think it's a great value for what you get.

Side Effects

I did not notice any side effects honestly. My libido was increased, and for most that's a positive side effect.

Conclusion

This was a great recovery product for me. It really helped to diminish soreness and helped me to continue progressing. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get stronger and recover more quickly.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  January 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Restful Sleep
  • Relaxation
  • No Test Boosting Effect

As I mentioned yesterday, apologies for this coming in so late, but a huge thank you to both Cellucor and SR TROOP for allowing me to test the P6 PM! I'm a huge fan of sleep aids, especially now that I have a 13 month old son. What I was looking for is a sleep aid that would not only aid in recovery, but provide me with enough of a calming effect to put me to sleep, but not knock me out so that I wouldn't hear my son if he woke up in the middle of the night.

Attached a picture of the profile.

Pros: ZMA, L-Theanine, Passionflower, GABA
Cons: Tribulus, Melatonin

I'm a huge fan of L-Theanine, magnesium, and GABA, they work really well for me. Tribulus I feel is a non-factor, other than the potential libido enhancing properties, and melatonin usually either doesn't work at all for me, or it gives me a sleep hangover. More below.

Simple, 4 pills 30-45 minutes before bed. No complaints here.

(7.3)
As a sleep and relaxation aid, this product works tremendously. The combination of L-Theanine, ZMA, passionflower, and GABA definitely started to kick in within 30 minutes of taking P6 PM. As I mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of L-Theanine especially, it works extremely well with me -- especially if I'm feeling any type of anxiety or restlessness before bed. I used to supplement CALM, which is a magnesium supplement in powder form, during my work days to help me stay...well...calm haha. The synergy of all the main ingredients here worked really well for me...no complaints at all...no sleep hangover from the Melatonin either. Now as I mentioned in my intro, I was looking for a product to help me relax and get to sleep, but not knock me out to the point where I wouldn't wake up if my son started crying -- and this product delivered here. Even when I fell into REM sleep, as soon as my son started crying, I'd wake up almost immediately. Not the most alert at times, but was still able to perform daddy duties.

Recovery...well, wasn't quite what I expected. Granted, most nights I don't get a full 6-8 hours of sleep due to the little guy, but I was hoping for some kind of recovery assistance. However, I failed to notice any enhanced effects in that department.

In regard to test boosting and tribulus...well, I did notice a slight increase in libido, but nothing to indicate an increase in test. We all know by now that Tribulus doesn't really do jack poo in increasing test levels...the same with Zinc.

Overall, sleep/relaxation = A, increase in test = F.

So you can buy a 30 serving container of this for around $40; coming out to more than a $1 a serving. Not a horrible price, but you can definitely find similar sleep aids, or build your own for cheaper.

Side Effects

None, as I mentioned earlier, no sleep hangover with the Melatonin.

Conclusion

Unfortunately, this will be a hard product for me to recommend. "But, you said it did what you wanted it to do." Yes, it did, in regard to the sleep and being able to wake up for my kid. But, it's hard for me to justify paying $40 for a sleep aid, where I can literally build my own for cheaper. If the test boosting properties were there, without a doubt, I'd purchase this product again. However, tribulus isn't a huge selling point for me. Thank you again SR TROOP and Cellucor for providing me a bottle of P6 PM to try. I wish I could recommend this product, but the value just isn't there for me. Now, if y'all would take out the tribulus and/or add L-Dopa, and not market it as a test booster, I would definitely purchase this again lol.

December 16, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deeper Sleep Some Nights
  • Restful Sleep
  • Quicker To Sleep
  • Pleasant And Effective Sleep Aid
  • Relaxation
  • Groggy In Morning
  • Proprietary Blend
Thanks to Cellucor for supplying P6 PM for review! And thanks to SR.com for making this review process possible.

- Introduction -
Ah ZMA, a staple in a lot of people's supplement stacks with claims ranging from "best recovery supplement" to "test boosting powerhouse". ZMA from my experience is a rather solid supplement to rely on. Mostly just from its ability to calm me down at night and help me relax, whether that aids in muscle repair or not, it helps me to unwind after a long day. For the most part ZMA has shown that it can help to relax and induce a deeper sleep, however one of the major claims for taking a ZMA product is it's test boosting properties. Now ZMA along I do not think is going to play a huge factor in test levels, zinc has been shown to help regulate test levels in men, however it does not raise them like some products would have you believe. Overall ZMA is great if you're taking it for sleep inducement and relaxation, the test boosting is most likely not going to happen. ZMA is everywhere, you can find slight variations of it at a lot of different retailers with ingredients added to make it more appealing to the consumer(us). What Cellucor has done with P6 PM and their entire P6 line to create different levels of test boosters, and a nighttime aid to go with it in P6 PM. In a market that is saturated with ZMA products their's is made to stick out(Literally, look at the bottle). Cellucor took a ZMA blend, added L-Theanine, Passion Flower(for GABA) and Tribulus Terrestris. This differentiates them from the competition and gives their product a slight edge based solely off of appearance and ingredient list. Now looks can be conceiving, nice looking ingredients list can fall flat when it actually comes to supplementation time. Over the past thirty days I have taken this product and gained a great idea on what it does well and where it falls short. Throughout this review keep in mind that I am 25 years old, so test boosting effects(if any) will not have a pronounced affect on me like they would someone in their forty's. My diet is somewhat simple with a lot of fish, raw milk and locally raised beef for my protein and a lot of green vegetables to go with it. I do a simple 5x5 workout three times a week and do cardio type workouts on off days.

- Ingredient Profile: 7/10
First off I would have appreciated it if they simply showed the dosages of everything in their ingredient list, alas they did not. It starts off with a simple well dose of ZMA then goes on to a propertary blend consisting of L-Theanine, Passion Flower, Tribulus Terrestris and Melatonin coming in at a total of 855 mg. A good dose of L-theanine is anywhere between 500 mg to 100 mg depended on the person, Passion Flower roughly 500 mg to 1 gram overall and Tribulus at least 1 gram and finally Melatonin anywhere around 3-10 mg. If you see where I am going with this, then you realize that 855 mg for everything means that most likely a few if not all are under-dosed in this prop blend. Now I do no hold prop blends against supplements too much unless they do not perform which I will go into further into the review. Overall this ingredients sound great, but dosing is questionable. Now taking into account their Cor-Performance ZMA, it might give some insight to how this is formulated. Pretty much the same ZMA dosage, COR ZMA has 750 mg of Tribulus, 50 mg of Y-Aminobutyric Acid(GABA) and 1 gram of melatonin working out to a total of 801 mg. Only thing missing is L-theanine which would have room for 54 mg. This is just a guess, but I figured I would go into this that way you might be able to get an idea on how much of what is in there(Possibly).

Side Note: Why are there dyes in this? Not everything has to be a cool color, especially a pill.

- Dosing -
Four pills 30-60 minutes prior to going to bed for a total of 30 servings(120 Capsules), I found the sweetspot for taking this to be in the 45 to 60 minute range as it took a littler longer to kick in for me.

- Effectiveness: 8/10
They broke this product into a relax part and a recover and rebuild part. So what I am going to do is break this into two sections for review in order to go over their claims.

Relax: 9/10
About 45-60 minutes after taking this, a feeling of calm would come over me, I felt relaxed. P6 PM really shined in this area as I typically take a lot to relax at night and calm myself in order to fall asleep. It normally takes me over an hour to fall asleep at night, with P6 PM it reduced that time to roughly 20 minutes(Tracked this using my fitbit) The relaxing effects alone are reason to like this supplement and try it, however Cellucor is not selling this solely as a relaxer, it is also suppose to aid it recovery and the rebuilding of muscle fibers after a hard workout.

Recover & Rebuild: 7/10
Recovering from a brutal workout can be hard. Sleep is probably one of the most important steps in recovery, but what if you could maximize this recovery time by taking a supplement? P6 PM is primed to be that supplement to maximize recovery and building muscle, however what I found is that it marginally helped at best. The following day after a workout and I am typically sore, and struggle to get through my daily morning exercises. With P6 PM I found that the struggle was not as bad. A few extra reps on the ring dips and leg up split squats showed that it did improve my recovery, so this should get a good rating right? Wrong. I have tried other ZMA's before and this was not a whole lot better in terms of recovery. The most notable difference is the relaxation part of it.

Side Note: Libido was up(Literally) most likely from the Tribulus.

- Value: 6.5/10
$40 for 30 servings. Now that is a higher price compared to $15 for a simple ZMA products, but this is not a simple ZMA product so the higher price is warranted, however I do not think $40 is the right price. This should come down 25% at $30 and then I think it would be a better deal.

- Side Effects -
Slight grogginess the next morning which is usual for ZMA products in my experience anyways, usually wears off in about 5 minutes.

- Conclusion -
Cellucor has a nice original product in P6 PM, and I would like to see them continue to tinker with ZMAs. P6 PM has promise, however I would advise them to list the dosage of the ingredients and bring the price down by $10. Overall I liked P6 PM and found it to be useful, and I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a ZMA product with extra money to burn otherwise a simple cheap ZMA is suitable.

Overall
Overall
5.5
  December 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deeper Sleep Some Nights
  • Did Not Increase Sleep
  • No Test Boosting Effect

Hey there SR, here again to review Cellucor P6 PM, a nighttime support supplement aimed at better sleep, recovery, and testosterone support. I do love my sleep supplements, as getting a good nights rest is key to my sanity, and I've had some great experiences with Mass HGH, USPLabs PowerFULL, etc. I took this while on a cut, and looked forward to it as I was taking some high stim fat burners and thought it would help me relax and fall asleep quicker, and with the claims of added testosterone booster maybe preserve my muscle and lean me out as well. On almost all fronts, I was disappointed. On to the review.

I attached the ingredient profile for your viewing pleasure. Upon looking at the profile, there were some highlights I liked right away, as well as some disappointments. For example, there are some proven sleep support supplements such as ZMA, Theanine, melatonin, and GABA. These all help reduce stress, anxiety, and provide for more restful sleep. One ingredient that is less known is the Passionflower, which also helps the body reduce stress and produce GABA. I have seen and used this ingredient before in another product ALRI Lean Dreams which I did enjoy as well. So, I'm very happy there were some proven ingredients in this profile.

On a more disappointing note, it's a prop blend. Besides the ZMA which seems properly dosed, you're just not sure the amount of these products you're getting. Also, the only "testosterone" boosting ingredient in the profile is Tribulus. Very disappointing as Tribulus is known just as a libido booster, but does not raise testosterone levels. A libido booster is nice, but not sure about claiming testosterone boosting with this product alone.

Pretty easy to take, 4 capsules 30 min before bed. Nothing crazy about the capsules such as size or taste so good things to report there. The only drawback is that it is recommended that you take this on an empty stomach, especially with no calcium, as it really hinders the absorption of the ZMA. This can be a hassle for some as many of us take some casein, cottage cheese, etc before bed. Overall though, pretyy simple dosing procedures.

I really wanted this to work more than it did. Now, as I said above, I was on some pretty high stims throughout my use of this but I did take my last serving of my fat burner at around 3 p.m. and drink a lot of water throughout the day. Even so, I never got that relaxing feeling that made me want to go to sleep or even the slightest bit drowsy. As far as quality of sleep, I never usually remember my dreams. A deep sleep with very vivid dreams is a sign that you're in good REM sleep where your body is recovering the most. Other products, like Mass HGH and PowerFULL, would have me in a deep sleep with vivid dreams just about every night. While taking P6 PM, I'd say on average I would have 2 nights per week where I felt this "working" in that area. Disappointing to say the least.

As far as the testosterone boost, it was non existent. I can usually tell right away with natty test boosters if they are working as I break out with mild acne. I didn't have any of this throughout my run, never felt any aggression, etc. Even as far as libido support, I didn't notice a difference. So overall, it just didn't live up to the claims for me. A very mild sleep support supplement with no traceable testosterone support. I wish it would have been more effective for me.

Another place where this supplement takes a hit for me. On most websites this is found in the $35-$39. That's over a $1 a day for this 30 day supply. Add on to that, a lot of the ingredients listed are pretty cheap on their own, such as ZMA, and melatonin. Considering I only saw mild sleep support, I'd prefer to just buy those on their own for value.

Side Effects

No side effects to speak of, no grogginess the next day at all. Almost wish there was some as it would mean I was in a deeper sleep.

Conclusion

This product just missed the mark for me on just about every level. Disappointing as their are some proven ingredients in here, but you can buy those standalone and probably save yourself some money. If you found this on a good deal you might try to pick it up for some sleep support, but don't go for it if you're trying to get some testosterone support. When I compare it to other sleep supplements, including one I just switched to in Noxitropin PM, is just doesn't stack up in effectiveness and you could tell a difference right away.

December 9, 2015

• Proprietary Blend

Big shout out to SR.com and Cellucor for teaming up to let novice guys like myself try these products. I am still in the middle of adding size and strength for about 8 more weeks. I saw the P6 PM and thought it could help me get some solid sleep to help with recovery, especially after leg day. I had never tried the original P6 and had heard mixed reviews but I thought "What the heck?".

Ingredient Profile (6.0)

GABA
Melatonin
Passion Flower Extract
Theanine
Goat Head*

With the ingredients I have listed I am not sure how much testosterone boosting is happening. I Am a fan of GABA and Melatonin but the rest of the ingredients I am just not that sure about.... GOAT HEAD?? REALLY?? I know it's supposed to naturally increase testosterone but I would think they could have just used Tribulus instead. I am not a fan of not disclosing the amount of each. As a guy that's pretty far into the supplement game I like ingredient profile broken down so that I know if I am getting enough of one ingredient or not.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing (7.5)

They're pills... 4 at a time 30-60 minutes before you decide to hit the sack. 60 minutes prior always worked for me. They don't want you taking these with any dairy products and without having eaten recently. I tried to follow this as close as possible so that I could give a fair and honest opinion. I will tell you that a few times I would eat my last meal of the day later than I wanted and I could tell that this messed with the effectiveness of the supplement. It was harder for me to go to sleep. Could be because of the later meal... Could be because it wasn't kicking in as fast...

Effectiveness (6.5)

As a sleep aid I give it a 10. On days I could get 8-10 hours of sleep I would feel refreshed in the morning and ready to go. Easy to wake up. If I got less than 8 hours I felt pretty groggy the next morning. I expected that. Most of the time when I take a sleep aid I know I need to devote 8 solid hours of sleep. To be honest I don't think there is much there with the testosterone side of things. I wouldn't expect much from the test booster side of things because I didn't notice much.

Value (6.0)

At $39.99 I just do not see the value there. I have seen plenty of sleep aids for cheaper. I know they want to push the test booster side with the sleep aid, but again I don't see any value in the test booster because I just don't trust the ingredients it's using to get there. Maybe if I knew how much of each ingredient was being used it would be easier to tell if it was worth it.

Side Effects (None)

No side effects really unless you want to call the grogginess with less than 8 hours of sleep one. But I think that is to be expected if you have ever taken a sleep aid.

Conclusion (6.5)

Overall, it's not a bad product but there are a couple of different areas they could improve. If I had a choice between this one and some of the other sleep aids out there I would have a hard time choosing this one. I suppose the main reason for me would be because of the money spent for the effectiveness of the test booster. Call me old fashioned, but I like to know what I am getting in a product as well and with this ingredient profile I can't tell. Again, thanks so much to Cellucor and to SR.com for thinking my opinion matters. I appreciate this opportunity.

December 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pleasant And Effective Sleep Aid
  • No Test Boosting Effect
Before I begin, I want to thank Cellucor for participating consistently in the TROOP/ER program. I decided to give P6 PM a try mainly for its potential effect on sleep quality, and if the test boosting agents worked at all, it would be a nice bonus. From the product label, P6 PM "supports free testosterone" and "promotes improved sleep." Sleep aids aren't something I use frequently, since I hardly ever have any issues falling asleep. But now with a baby at home, my nights are later and my mornings earlier, so I was hoping this might help me fall into a deeper sleep sooner, effectively providing quality over quantity.

INGREDIENTS: 6.5

I like some of what's in here, but I think to market this as a testosterone booster is misguided. This blend of ingredients is pretty much all "PM" and barely any "P6" (whatever that means). The only ingredients with specifically disclosed amounts are the vitamins and minerals, which nobody really cares much about anyway (I'm assuming). Vitamin D3 isn't even included, pretty much a staple in any hormone support blend. All the good stuff is packed into a prop blend of 855mg, so there's no way to know how much of each ingredient you're getting. With certain ingredients, especially where sleep/anxiolysis is concerned, I would really be more comfortable knowing exactly what I'm getting. Same deal with any product containing caffeine.

That being said, I really do like the variety of sleep and calm-promoting ingredients. I've had experience with most of them before, but something about this combination really worked well for me. I'm guessing it's the theanine and passionflower, since I don't think I've had those two in any product before. The rest of it is pretty vanilla - ZMA, melatonin, and GABA.

The only "test boosting" ingredient here is the tribulus terrestris, which doesn't even affect test levels in otherwise healthy men. According to my reading, it's useful for virility and organ protection in some cases, but otherwise doesn't do much. This is one of those "smoke and mirrors" kind of ingredients that I see pop up pretty frequently. It might make you feel frisky (which it didn't for me, by the way), so you might think it's doing something, when it really isn't. Honestly I think just the name of it has some sort of subconscious affect too. "Terrestris" and "testosterone" seem like they should be related somehow. I also read that chrysin, which can be found in passionflower, can increase test only when it's injected directly into the testes. I didn't try that, if you're wondering.

If they're trying to provide free test support, I would recommend adding a SHBG inhibitor or AI. The evidence seems to suggest that these categories lead to more free test through preventing conversion/binding. In otherwise healthy males, ingredients meant to boost test production don't really work that well.

DOSING: 7.5

You're supposed to take these 30-60 minutes before bed. Each dose is a hefty 4 pills, but that never really bothered me. I didn't get any weird burps, heartburn, or any other GI difficulties with these. What I did find a little obnoxious is the directions suggest to take on an empty stomach, and to avoid taking with dairy or anything containing calcium. I think a lot of us who try to eat regularly might find this aspect a little bit difficult, especially if you like cottage cheese before bed, or a glass of milk (both of which I often do). Not the end of the world, but a bit annoying for sure.

EFFECTIVENESS:

As a Sleep Aid: 9

I have to be honest, this was one of the best and most consistent sleep aids I've ever used. It didn't force me out, like drinking too much or anything like that. What it did was, very dependably, make my body and mind feel totally relaxed and at ease. There was a very distinct moment, each night, where I could feel this wave of calm flow over me, and I enjoyed it very much. It wasn't harsh or overpowering, but it wasn't so subtle either that it couldn't be felt. Just right, so when I made the decision to sleep, it happened immediately. And I never felt like I needed to increase the dose to get the same effect.

This also helped me get to REM sleep much more quickly and consistently, as far as I could tell, and that's exactly what I wanted. Although my dreams were not very vivid or memorable, I know I dreamt more often than I had been previously. I woke up every morning feeling as if I'd gotten exactly as much sleep as I needed, even if it was less or more than my "average." Now, this didn't necessarily help my recovery at all. I didn't perceive any change in that way. But better sleep is always a good thing.

As a Test Booster: 3

Trib doesn't do anything for test, and even what it should have done (increase virility, libido, etc.) it did not do for me. Any trace test boosting that might have happened, would only be a result of improved sleep quality, and I don't think even that took place. I had none of the standard signs of increased testosterone, not even any kind of placebo.

SIDE EFFECTS: 8.5

I didn't have any trouble waking up in the morning. No hangover, no sluggishness, no mental haze or anything like that. I did sometimes wake up with a bit of a tremor in my hands, which I found odd but not alarming. It didn't inhibit my function at all, and it usually went away within about 20 minutes of waking. I also did not perceive any increased tolerance during use, or withdrawal symptoms after I finished it. Both big positives for a sleep aid.

VALUE: 7

If you can find this for $30, which I have seen, I think that's pretty good. That's based on my experience with this as an effective sleep aid, and other products in that category seem to hover above the $30/30 days mark. If you're looking for an effective test booster, look elsewhere. If you have a sleep aid that you like, stick with it. As with most things, it seems like individual experiences vary wildly for that product category.

OVERALL: 7

This is undeniably poor as a test booster, but undeniably effective as a sleep aid. If you haven't yet found something that works for you in that way, I'd say this is worth a try, especially if you find it on sale or in the sub $30 range.

Thanks for reading SR, have a great day!

Overall
Overall
5.7
7.1
4.4
  December 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Mild
  • Restful Sleep
  • Quicker To Sleep
Introduction/Supplement Facts
The ingredients for this version of P6 is very similar to their ZMA, in fact the differences are: Suntheanine (L-Theanine), Passionflower, the "PM" blend being in a proprietary blend where it is fully given in ZMA, about 54mg of active ingredients, and the price tag this product carries. So for the life of me I grabbed this product for the shear fact that when it was first listed that it was over $150 on the mighty Price Marker Upper! GNC.. I have always heard great things about Cellucor ZMA being such a great sleep aid, but never wanted to pony up the $30-40 it ran.

It has the usual dosing of ZMA (B6 + Magnesium + Zinc) in the appropriate dosages, which are given without a blend and then you have the P6 PM Blend which as stated above contain 2 extra ingredients compared to their ZMA. Surprisingly they put it in a proprietary blend, where they do not with their ZMA.. I am guessing they don't want us to know how much L-Theanine and Passionflower is contained as it is most likely under dosed. Comparing their ZMA to this label one must assume they kept the dosages of the Tribulus at 750mg, which is appropriately dosed but we would be guessing at this point. Then GABA would possibly be dosed at 50mg as per their ZMA label, where the Melatonin would be at 1mg comparing it to the ZMA which is appropriate for most people under the age of 65 (yes at 1mg you will still see effectiveness). So if you believe for a moment that the ingredients are listed in the Blend with order descending dosages it would appear that IF this is just their ZMA product + those two ingredients (which equals 50mg), that it is impossible for GABA to contain 50mg alone which makes me assume (AGAIN) that it is slightly less or most likely half due to following those two ingredients in this blend.

"Suntheanine is a patented, ultra-pure form of the amino acid, L-Theanine. L-Theanine will help individuals relax and mellow out without feeling drowsy. Additionally, it helps to reduce high blood pressure and anxiety, which also contributes to many individual's inability to get a good night's sleep. L-Theanine has also been shown to enhance alpha wave activity in the brain.." I have personally felt L-Theanine be effective, but what dosage is in here? Don't Know..

"Passion Flower has traditionally been used throughout North and South America for treating a number of conditions including hysteria and insomnia. Research shows that it's beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress. It's thought to help improve these conditions by stimulating the production of GABA in the body"

This appears as mentioned above to be their ZMA cloned product, which appears to have almost identical results. Good work with keeping some of the label exposed, but then minus those points for hiding the good stuff in a proprietary blend. I always find it odd when a product does not include Vitamin D3, which would enhance the benefits of a "Test Booster" product as this. Tribulus is not really an evident of boosting testosterone levels, and most of these ingredients are more tuned towards the sleep aid category but a healthy sleeping cycle can make a world of difference on hormones and thus lead to becoming an effective product.

How in the world does it take 4 capsules to contain a little under 1.5g worth of ingredients (active + fillers), while it isn't necessarily an issue it just seems to be a waste along with possible issues of absorption and digestion for the time of effectiveness to happen. I took this product 30-60 minutes before bed on an empty stomach (as directed).

Effectiveness (7.1/10)

Sleep/Recovery
Before starting this product I came off another natural test booster (TMax), but had a two week "off cycle" period before beginning this one. I typically take a 5mg Melatonin (sublingual tablet) before bed each night, so I am aware of the time it takes for me to react to the desire to sleep while taking it. I did not take my Melatonin while taking this product, and because the dosage is unknown for it in this product I could only tell you that it did in fact make me sleepy but not as strong as taking my tablet. This could be because these are capsules and mine are dissolvable tablets, which get into the bloodstream more rapidly or that fact of less of a dose. Well needless to say this product had an positive effect on my sleep cycle and in fact I felt it was improved from my normal sleep, as I fell asleep in a reasonable time and stayed asleep throughout the night rather than occasionally waking up as normally it happens. I did feel more "well rested" also, which is always a plus! Now this isn't one of those hardcore sleep aids, but it did get the job done and nicely at that! The dreams I faced were quite interesting, which is a common effect of the GABA and some people are not prepared for it but I enjoyed the experience most of the time ;)

Libido
Thank you Tribulus! I felt like a younger version of myself, as this product did in fact improve my libido even though it wasn't as powerful as other products I did in fact feel this effect. And each morning I was greeted with the solider standing tall, which is always a great sign for me although not my wife.. I noticed all the typical "enhanced libido" effects while using this product, but it just was not as powerful as other products in my experience. While I am not sure the dosage contained for the Tribulus, it is well enough to "feel" it become effective in this category.

Sadly I wish to report more than what is here, but the fact remains this product is not much of a "Testosterone Booster" as it is a "Sleep Aid" and yet falls short of being a potent one at that. I will say it was a gentle increase throughout the "cycle" for any minute "increased test levels", and afterwards I did not have much of a "crash or withdrawal period" coming off.

Value (4.4/10)
The price of this product is at the lowest $31.49 for 30 servings giving you a $1.05 per serving cost, but value is not always best just on the cost but if this product worked well enough to justify the cost. That being said I feel this product was effective enough as a sleep aid and mild "test booster", but there are better alternatives at substantially cheaper cost.

Overall (5.7/10)
I am not very impressed with this product, and definitely would only recommend it to someone new to "Test Boosters" or "Sleep Aids" as it may be effective enough for them to consider. I don't personally find that I would consider purchasing it, nor would I bother taking the time to use it again. I will say that this may be effective as a libido restorer of sorts, but too pricey of one to consider.

Overall
Overall
6.2
6.2
  December 3, 2015

• Groggy In Morning

Before I start I would like to thank Cellucor for being so involved in the Troop program as of late. Within the past year I've been researching and using Sleep formulas as I have a hard time sleeping. Because of my sleeping being so minimal it has affected my muscle growth and recovery. Once this became available I had to grab a bottle and see if it worked for me. During the duration of this log/review I was on Phase 1 of PH3 - Layne Norton program.

For the most part the ingredient profile of a testosterone/sleep support formula. The main ingredients outside of the P6 PM Blend is 10.5 mg Vitamin B6, 450mg Magnesium, 30mg of Zinc or (490.5mg ZMA). The prop formula contains 5 ingredients equaling 855mg. As with any prop formula you don't know the exact dosages of each ingredient. Gkeezy did a great job of explaining each ingredient in the profile, I'm going to expand on one that a lot of people may not know about.

Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) - The genus Passiflora incarnata (Passionflower) has long been used in traditional herbal medicine for the treatment of insomnia and anxiety in Europe, and it has been used as a sedative tea in North America. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24140586

Results of Passionflower and Sleep - Initial findings suggest that the consumption of a low dose of Passiflora incarnata, in the form of tea, yields short-term subjective sleep benefits for healthy adults with mild fluctuations in sleep quality. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21294203

Taste - (None)

Mixability - (None)

Dosing - Simple dosing protocol of taking 4 capsules daily on an empty stomach 30-60 min before bed.

The effectiveness of this product was different from day to day and night to night. As I stated in the beginning of this review, I wanted to try something that would help improve my sleep (REM). This product didn't make me tired before bed but it did help most nights with my deep sleep. One of the biggest drawbacks from P6 PM was the groggy mornings I had (around 5-6) and it really effected me throughout the day. It wasn't on a constant basis but like I said this product worked differently for me night to night. Another drawback was waking up in the middle of the night several times to use the bathroom.

On nights this product did work my sleep was very deep and felt great throughout the day. So you can say this was hit or miss for me. The sleep aspect of the formula worked good for the most part but I didn't feel anything in regards to test support.

You can find a 30 day supply for around $30-$40 online. Each serving will cost around $1-$1.25 per serving which isn't too bad. The effectiveness of this product for me would put this value as high. It may work better for other people but this price point doesn't work for me, I"d be willing to pay $20-$25.

Side Effects

Some mornings I did feel groggy upon waking up and feeling that effect throughout the day. Outside of that, I can't say there were any other side effects.

Conclusion

I really wanted this product to work better than it did for me. There are some aspects like test support that didn't work for me and the sleep support was hit or miss. When my sleep was a hit it worked good and felt refreshed. Maybe with some adjustments to the ingredient profile this would work better. Thanks to Cellucor once again for giving me the opportunity to log P6 PM.

December 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slightly Increased Test
  • Groggy In Morning
Always want to give a big thanks to SR Troops and Cellulor for letting me give this product a good run. Now Ive never really been a fan of Test Booster products before sleep, but I like the idea behind it. Our bodies grow when we sleep and recover so I can see how this would be a great addition if it works. So lets get into the nitty gritty and see how this product delivers.

According to the product description it claims the following:

Nighttime Testosterone & Sleep Support*
Supports Free Testosterone*
Promotes Improved Sleep* with ZMA

Sounds simple enough right ? Well lets see how it delivered and what the ingredients are.

Ingredients: 7/10 -

It has the main ingredients of Vitamin B2, and Zinc and Magnesium Asparate.

Then theres a prop blend of a bunch of things. I personally hate prop blends. Companies use prop blends to hide the dosages of ingredients for their super secret purposes. Why ? Who knows. Everyone thinks they know what others dont.

Suntheanine - predominantly used as a relaxation supplement, believed to support feelings of calm and contentment.

GABA (y-Aminobutyric Acid) - Gamma-Amino Butyric acid (GABA) is an amino acid which acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. It inhibits nerve transmission in the brain, calming nervous activity.

Melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-Methoxytryplamine) - Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles.

Tribulus terrestris whole herb extract - Test Booster

Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) aerial parts extract - Passion flower has been used to treat sleep disorders and historically in homeopathic medicine to treat pain, insomnia related to neurasthenia or hysteria, and nervous exhaustion.

So there you have it. The ingredients are good for promoting sleep but since you dont know how much of each you're getting its hard to tell if the dosing numbers are those of normal case studies for what works.

===================================

Dosage: 9/10 - Simple enough. I would take 4 pills on a semi empty stomach, about 2 hours after my last meal, and about 30 minutes before sleep. This protocol worked for me.

===================================

Effectiveness: 7/10 - Eh this is one of those products thats really hard to say if it worked the way its supposed to, or if some of the factors worked and others did not not. Let me explain.

After my dosage, I though it would help me get more tired, therefore being able to fall asleep faster. This kind of happened sometimes when I was dead tired already, and other times when I was wide awake, it did nothing for that sort.

Also I wanted a product that would help me stay asleep throughout the entire night. Sometimes when I workout at night and drink a gallon or more of water, I tend to wake up middle of the night to use the bathroom. I was hoping this would help me stay asleep, however, it did not. I would still wake up like I always did.

Furthermore, whenever I woke up in the morning, I was so groggy it was really hard to wake up on time. But the positive spin on this point, is that when I did wake up and start moving about, I was far from tired. I was wide awake and ready for the day.

The biggest part of this product that really worked for me was the increased recovery. I felt that when I did manage to stay asleep throughout the entire night, I would wake up not groggy but refreshed and not too sore. This was great following leg days.

Did it help me build muscle by increase test ? Perhaps. I did see some gains in the gym, and since I am not taking any other test booster at the time I should believe that it was this product that helped. However, it could also be my diet. Who knows.

===================================

Side Effects: 2/10 - Waking up tired in the mornings was hard, but that was the only side effect I saw from this product.

===================================

Value: 5/10 - You can find this product online from $45-$50, thats pretty expensive for a product that barely worked, and the parts that worked were not that significant.

===================================

Overall: 6/10 - Interesting product. Delivered on some points, but did nothing for others. I would personally pass on this product if I had to take it again.