P6 Red G3 has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

P6 Red G3 Reviews

By: Cellucor

P6 Red G3 is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Cellucor. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

P6 Red G3 has been reported as discontinued.

Overall
Overall
  April 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mood
  • Good Virility

I used this during the last month of my lean bulk. Other supplements included multivitamin, fish oil, super fruit/veggie powder, creatine, various pre-workouts, protein, and Afterglow for half the run.

Full disclosure:
I messed up in the timing of using this product. During the month I was on it I had two long weekends out of town back to back that really disrupted my normal workout schedule and routine. In addition to that I got a bad cold during the latter trip, had to fly home sick and then work all week while I was sick. It ended up getting into my chest (I've had pneumonia 3 times) so I was out 10 consecutive days hacking my brains out and drinking cough syrup. I decided to finish the run of the product because there wasn't enough left to discontinue and start again.

Also, I didn't pay for this supplement, but I am not affiliated with any brand or company.

P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster
Strength - Lean Muscle - Virility
SUPPLEMENT FACTS
Serving Size : 2 Capsules
Serving Per Container: 60

P6 Extreme Blend 1114mg
Adaptest Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera) root extract, Ovine Placenta powder, Agaricus bisporous fruit extract, Saw Palmetto fruit extract, Wild Yam root extract (standardized for Diogenin), Stinging Nettle root extract, Myrica rubra bark extract (standardized for Myricetin), Clary Sage whole plant extract (standardized for Sclareolide).
Tribulus alatus fruit extract 250mg

Other ingredients: Capulse Shell (Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40).

The big difference from the last verison (P6 Extreme), is the addition of Ashwagandha. This is an ingredient that is commonly found in mood bosting supplements, but it is starting to pop up in more sports supplements. There have been some recent studies done that show it can increase free testosterone and Luteinizing hormone, but nothing really conclusive to date. The other big hitter is of course Tribulus, which has been around forever and has some well documented effects. Then of course there's my favorite ingredient, Ovine Placenta. Because who doesn't love some sheep placenta?!?!? There's no real science behind that one either, in case you were wondering. The rest of the profile contains some pretty standard testosterone boosting herbs that have been around for a long time. There's nothing novel there and I'm not going to go through them all.

They're pills. They have an herbally smell to them, but it's not unpleasant. They do not have any real taste. They recommend taking 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. I usually took 2 in the morning and 2 before my workout or before dinner if I was off that day. I do not like having to remeber taking pills before bed. In my experience the slight variation in the timing of the dosage is not usually an issue with these types of products. I feel that as long as you get in the correct amount of pills every day you're going to be fine.

Strength/size gains/recovery: I didn't really see anything here. I also didn't notice any improvement in recovery that one would expect.

Mood: Ashwagandha is well documented to boost mood, help reduce stress, and generally make you feel good about life. This did not translate into increased focus in the gym, but overall I fell really good while I was on this product. I was more calm and relaxed than normal.

Virility: This was weird. The first half of the bottle I drove my fiance crazy! I was way more interested in her than normal. We have been intimate for over 12 years so we don't normally get busy on a daily basis. I definitely was after her every day for a couple weeks and couldn't stop thinking about it. It was like high school again, where if you see a girl you think about doing her. Then everything just stopped. I went from one extreme to the other. I think we went over a week without touching each other (normal for her, but not for me). I didn't think about it, or care about it. So I don't know what that was all about. Maybe it was just a result of getting sick. It was a bummer though :(

Since I and, I assume most others, are primarily interested in the muscle building effects of this product I put more weight on that than the other areas in my rating.

This is Cellucor, so the price is high. I think this product is also exclusive to a certain brick and mortar store that shall remain nameless. So it is hard to find. You're going to drop $100 in all likelihood if you want to try it. For me I judge products less on cost and more on effect, within reason. However, for this product the effects would be no where near the cost had I bought it. Obviously, since I got it for free, it was a great value for me personally because I had nothing to lose. Even so, the value in terms of results was negligible.

Side Effects

I experienced oily skin and acne on my face and back throughout the run. At least it let me know it was doing something. I have crappy skin and usually have some acne on my face and back normally, so this kind of just made it worse than normal. Definitely not a deal breaker. I'm way past needing to look good for anyone other than myself!

Conclusion

Overall, I didn't have very good results with this product. The mood boost was nice, and being horny was fun while it lasted, but primarily I want to build lean muscle and the product did not deliver there. As mentioned earlier, some of it could certainly have been my fault for not running it at a time when I could be more dedicated to the gym and not sick, but I really didn't see anything from this product that would lead me to believe my results would have been stunningly different if that were the case. I don't think I would take this again, even if I got another one for free. I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

• kalans
    April 28, 2015

You stated that you didn't pay for this nor have any affiliations, so did you win it?

• Samazon