NO3 Ultimate Reviews

By: Cellucor

Pre-Workout > Pump
NO3 Ultimate is a Pump Product manufactured by Cellucor. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Overall
6.2
  May 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Fullness

This is a stim free Pre-workout pump product. I choose to try on Clippers suggestion as I am Stim free at the moment. I think the product worked pretty good in its category. I am currently maintaining and doing cardio body weight exercises.

Hello all, I am a 46 year old supplement junkie, who seems to be on a hold pattern. At least since I torqued my back. Anyway, I had a bounty product and Clipper thought this would be a good thing to try. I was cycling off of Stimulants and figured blood flow might help not only heal myself, but also give me some boost in cardio. I always like to try something new and shiny and even though the label is black..... it does have some shiny silver for letters. So enough of this, let's get to the results.

The profiles of this is pretty short and doesn't have proprietary blends so I kind of liked that. I do think that their dosages are a bit lacking compared to something like Nutrabios Pre Stim free.

L-citrulline @ 4g's: This converts to arginine and therefore can boost nitric oxide levels. The dosage is a little low depending on what you are looking for. Examine.com suggests 6 to 8 grams an hour before physical activities to help performance. It also lists dosages of 1 gram 3 times per day. So it is on the low end and I would like it bumped to 6 grams.

Arginine Alpha-Ketogluturate @ 1 gram: Which once again is on the low side that I found. I found suggested dosages of 4 grams of AAKG. So to be complete they should up the dose. This is supposed to help with nutrient delivery and that pump baby.......

Arginine Nitrate @ 500mg: So this is a nitric oxide helper. It is supposed to help with blood flow. Dosages I found where 500mg to 2000mg. Plus I posted the link below as our own site has information on it that some people don't know how to look at......

Grape seed extract @ 150mg: This is supposed to help with blood flow and heart health. Dosages of up to 600mg have been studied with 150mg at the entry level and therefore acceptable to me.

Trans-Resveratol @ 30mg: This can be used to reduce blood pressure and yet improve blood flow. Dosages range from 5mg to 500mg. So for me this is kind of a take it or leave it. I am not sure at this low dose that it would do much, and since I don't plan on taking this everyday.... Yep you guessed it I would dump it.

I found that this had a light taste for blue raspberry. Sometimes this flavor can be pretty tart, Cellucor went the other way with a nice mellow flavor. Which was good for me as I work out in the morning and sometimes like to slide into my day. I used my SRReviews shaker bottle with a metal whisk for mixing. It really mixes pretty well. I did notice a fine residue on my bottle, but to be honest..... This is a shaker I use on a daily basis and it is probably getting scratched up pretty good. I used anywhere from 6 to 12 ounces of water and the only thing that effected was the strength of flavor.

The suggested dosing is 1 scoop in 8 to 10 ounces of water 20 to 30 minutes before working out. I will say that most of the time i was in this range. A few exceptions are. I used it occasionally during my weekend 3 hour classes. In which case I started drinking it when class started. I wanted to see if it would help my endurance levels. The other issue is family, sometimes I would make it and be ready to work out only to need to take care of stuff for the wife and kids, which led to a later workout. All in all a pretty simple to follow dosing instructions if you choose to.

In my opinion, pump products don't always show on heavier people. I am a heavier guy and so no, I didn't see any massive veins or anything. However what I do notice with good pump products is a muscle "fullness" and an increase in endurance. Therefore that is how I am rating this product. I found that when I was following their guidelines that the product worked pretty well. Most occasions I would get that muscle fullness that I wanted. When I took during my long classes I tended to keep my energy levels up higher. I didn't get any veins or painful pumps, but I did feel the product working. This did not work every time however. I excuse some of them due to my not getting to the workout for an hour or so, however their where occasions where it just didn't do much. To be fair, I don't know that I have used any product that always works the same every time you take it. So I think this product is pretty good to any other stim free product I have tried.

As of 5/17/2018 GNC has this for $39.99 with a buy 2 get 1 free

Lucky vitamin has the same $39.99 price tag with free shipping on orders over $25.00

This is a little high priced for me. I can get a good product with Stims for this price (Dymatize Pre WO) which I liked. However some other products do cost basically the same. I will say that I don't seem to be taking pre-workouts every workout so they last do longer. Which to my brain gives them more value as they are lasting more than a month. However this takes a hit as I can get Nutrabio's Pre stim free for the same price, and Nutra bio has 2 times the ingredients.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects. I did have some muscle "fullness" which means to me it was increasing blood flow.

Conclusion

I would like to thank Clipper for letting me give this a run. It was interesting to see how my body is reacting to different types of products as I age. I think that if you are looking for a product while on a stimulant break that this would be ok, however I would probably steer you towards Nutrabio as they have a product at the same price and 2x's the ingredients. I do think that it is a little spendy but I am becoming a cranky old guy so please take that into account. It just is on the high end of what I would like to spend for a months supply of my Pre-workout. I think that I did notice it working on most days, so final verdict is meh, I wouldn't tell you it is bad, I would just tell you I have had better.
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

• JayT
    May 17, 2018

Just an FYI, examine suggests 6-8g of citrulline malate, not pure citrulline. 4g of citrulline should be a sufficient dose