NO3 Chrome Powder Reviews

By: Cellucor

Pre-Workout > Pump
NO3 Chrome Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by Cellucor. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

March 31, 2018

Ah, Cellucor. A company who thrives off of its long standing reputation, yet seems to steer clear of innovation. Clipper sent me a tub of this NO3 Chrome Powder to use, and I was a bit skeptical that this would do much at first based off of the ingredient profile alone. Boy, was I ever wrong. Allow me to tell you all about my pleasantly surprising experience with this one.

On paper, this really is a rather lackluster product with almost no ingredients that stand out other than the Arginine Nitrate. 2g of Citrulline is nothing by today's standards, and 1g of AAKG and 500mg of Grape Seed Extract don't exactly move the needle for me.

This was unflavored and colorless. They did a good job of masking the taste of the ingredients and mixing was just fine with no sediment. Good job here.

8.6/10

I tried this in several different ways: On it's own, with stimulants, and with a stimulant based pre-workout.

On its own: Pump was pretty noticeably improved at just one scoop, which surprised me. At 2 scoops, this was one of the better pump products that I've used before. Very full, slightly dry pumps with increased vascularity.

With stimulants: I would take 1-2 scoops with either some coffee/fat burner/energy drink and get to work. The lower amount of stimulants didn't take away any of the pump boosting properties, making for some killer workouts.

With stimulant based pre-workouts: I think at higher amounts of caffeine and stimulants, adding this was counter-intuitive due to the vasoconstrictive nature of the stimulants. Didn't have any noticeable increase in pumps.

My favorite way to take this one was the second way.

6.5/10

Currently on sale at AllStarHealth for $17.99 per 30 servings, this works out to $0.60 per scoop. If you used 2 scoops the majority of the time as I did, that's $1.20 per workout. This can get expensive quickly if you're using 2 scoops, but at one scoop it would be manageable. I decided to go right down the middle in this case at 6.5.

Side Effects

Overall

7.5/10

A pleasant surprise and fun product to run, I would consider grabbing this to use again if the price were right.

• MarsheS
    March 31, 2018

Just my opinion: Your Value seems to be a bit low based on the descriptions. Most Pump products are way more expensive ($25-30, 35...) and even though you used 2 scoops (which lowers the Value), you also said it worked well with 1 scoop, so I think a 6.5 of Value would have been fair if 1 scoop didn't work but considering it worked, then I think Value had to be higher in this case. STILL FOUND YOUR REVIEW HELPFUL.

• Brotein
    March 31, 2018

Marshes, you're probably right. Looking back on my last review on a product in the same category, it was $1.50 per workout as opposed to the $1.20 here and they were almost equally effective. I'll adjust it later