M5 Reloaded has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

M5 Reloaded Reviews

By: Cellucor

Creatine > Blends
M5 Reloaded is a Creatine Blend manufactured by Cellucor. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

M5 Reloaded has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

November 25, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Gains
  • Recovery
  • Better Pump
  • Endurance
  • Underdosed At Single Serving
  • Too Many Dyes
Another Cellucor product, another shiny container. I reviewed the M5 2:1 and even though I thought it was a good product, it was very overpriced. When it comes to Cellucor, I personally do like C4 from time to time and did like the simplicity of COR Performance creatine. This will be my 5th Cellucor product to date.

Profile 7/10 with Serving Size at 4/10

I normally start with taste in a powder review but there are some factors involved in taste that I'll explain before I get to that area. Blade and Chichi have done a great job of breaking down what is in the product so I'll just refer you to their reviews for the details.

I combined serving size in here because like the other two ERs pointed out, you have to use 2 scoops to get an effective amount of creatine. What is my main problem with the serving size though? Directions say, "Mix one to two rounded scoops"! #1 this scooper is the biggest I've seen in a long time at ~25g. #2 if you are going to suggest a "rounded scoop(s)" why not just make the scooper that big? My rounded scoop is not the same as Blade's, Frankie's, hulk's, Seaver's, I think you get the point. With everything already in a blend, I'd like to at least know what I'm getting in regards to the blend. Sure the amount of "rounded" you use isn't going to make that big of a difference but it's still the point of saying the scoop itself isn't enough. If you pretty much need 2 scoops to get the right amount of creatine, why would you say there are 30 servings in a tub? There are 15 servings.

I do like the carb pump matrix. Sure it isn't a direct pump like some products but the Dextrins are becoming more popular. It's a different approach and I did like that aspect of it because of the other absorption aspects of it. At 15g of this and around 3g of creatine (after you take out the absorption part) you do need 2 scoops to get an effective amount of the active ingredients.

One last point about profile/ingredients, is the blue dye in it. Wow. If you leave this in your shaker for too long, it will be hard to get it out. I took this for a while by itself to assess the taste but once I added in the new PWO that also had blue die, I was questioning what my esophagus, stomach, and digestive tract looked like!

Effectiveness 8/10

At one scoop, I couldn't really tell much. I did have a little more endurance and pump but nothing really major. Once I went up to 2 scoops, my endurance really went up and I could tell the pumps increased for sure. I gained a few pounds while on this and could tell normal benefits of creatine were setting in with endurance, recovery, and size. Nothing mind blowing but it is creatine and it does work.

I found what worked best for me was to take one scoop pre workout and the other intra. This seemed to keep me fueled for my whole workout and the pump was well above average like this. I tried to take 2 scoops before the workout but seriously 50g+ of this before a workout was way too much. I was a little sick to my stomach and had a bathroom trip every time I tried this.

Taste 7/10

So now that I've explained how I took it, I can breakdown the taste aspect better. At one scoop in about ½ a shaker of water for pre, the taste is just right for me. 2 scoops in ½ to a full shaker is way to chemical tasting and leaves a film in my mouth. Not pleasant and not good for pre workout this way. As an intra using 1 scoop in a full shaker works great. The taste is more watered down but I don't like a strong intra flavor.

Value 4/10

Amazon has this at $60 for 30 servings. At $2/serving that is way too high but like I said before, there are really only 15 servings in here so that is $4/serving?! That is insane. I can get Green Mag for 50 cents a serving and only have to use 1 scoop. I cannot justify the price of this product at all.

Overall 6/10

Bottom line: This is creatine with an added carb matrix. Does that make it worth 300% more cost per serving? Absolutely not. This does work as a good creatine and carb pump however. I would suggest to tone down the dies and flavoring of this product, increase the servings per container, and find a way to decrease the price. Based on price, I would not recommend this. Based solely on results not factoring in price, I would give this a cautious thumbs up because of all the dyes and flavoring. Overall, I'm neutral on M5 Reloaded. If you just have extra money to burn and don't want to be thrifty at all, go for it I guess. If you are die hard Cellucor, I'd say just go with COR. I'll personally stick with Green Mag as my go to.

Thank you Cellucor for the opportunity to use and review this product.

November 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Gains
  • Recovery
  • Underdosed At Single Serving
I don't get it. Why does Cellucor feel they can charge us such a ridiculous price for such a common ingredient? What is frightening is that there is people willing to pay that price because they think they will make the "gainz." I don't know why, but Cellucor reminds of MuscleTech with some of their products.

I don't hate Cellucor, I have liked some of their products and I am always open to try out something from them without negative bias. However, what really grinds my gears is the prices for some of their products. I have tried plenty of their supplements and I end up liking the majority, but then when I see the price... hell no, I am not going to pay 30% more just because it comes in a shiny container.

Profile(8/10): Lets start by saying that M5 does have a pretty decent profile; I will not deny that, but it is nothing out of this world.
This is the profile:

Momordica Grosevenori Fruit Extract
Cinnulin PF Cinnamon Bark Extract
Banana Leaf Extract
Zychrome

This is at one scoop, but the recommended dosage is 2 (like always). This profile is nothing extraordinary; it does have herbal extracts that somehow work for the absorption of carbohydrates and other nutrients, but besides that this profile is nothing different from the much cheaper and equally effective Green MAGnitude.

This is Green MAGs profile at 1 scoop:

Green Creatine Matrixâ„¢ 5 g **
2CMâ„¢ Dicreatine Malate And
Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC)

Betaine Anhydrous 2 g **
L-Taurine 2 g **
L-Tyrosine 500mg **

The only difference between these two is the "Reloaded Carb Pump Matrix" which is apparently enough reason to charge $60.00 for 30 servings of M5 compare to $40.00 for 80 servings of Green MAG.

Effectivess (8/10): It works, won't and can't deny that. It has good ingredients and even though I am doubtful of the abilities of the "Reloaded Carb Pump Matrix" I noticed increased recovery and my strength was going up. It is noticeable difference in regards to strength, but the most remarkable change was my endurance. I have always suffered of poor stamina in the gym, but M5 allowed to keep the same level of intensity throughout the workout. I did notice "gainz" in size or weight, but I was not expecting that at all, specially after only using it for a period of about 3 weeks.

Taste(8/10): I had Blue Raspberry and it does taste like as artificial as every single Blue raspberry drink you ever had. It is not a bad taste at all. They nailed it, but it is the typical Blue rasp: synthetic, sweet and nothing close to the taste of a real black raspberry.

Mixability (8/10): It mixes well enough and it does not leave any clumps. There is residue, but it is expected when you are mixing so many ingredients. However, the residue is light and if you keep shaking the bottle, you can won't feel it on your tongue.

Cons(4/10): WTF Cellucor!! DYES DYES DYES!! Why does every single one of your powdered supplements have to be loaded with such a ridiculous amount of dyes? This *** looks like poison and it is completely unnecessary. I just think about how this is going into my body, but there is no need for FD&C Blue Lake 1 to be in my gut. F**K Cellucor, stop this with your supplements, high amounts of dyes make me nauseous all the time and even though I know not everybody gets nauseous because of them, I believe they would appreciate not having them in their drink; heavy dyes are ridiculous and this is why I avoid your powdered supplements.

It is actually a great selling point to mention your supplement does not have any unnecessary dyes so you may want to consider that when you come with something new.

Value(4/10): $60+ for 30 servings(15 real ones) of creatine, betaine, herbs and sugar? Are Fu**ing me? Give me a reason why I should spend my money on your supplement over Green MAGnitude or other good quality creatine blends? Your COR performance is amazing, a great creatine without sh*tty gimmicks, so why does M5 cost a *** load more? the sugar? At $60.00 (lowest price found) it comes to $2.00 per serving at 1 scoop, $4.00 per two scoops. Green MAG is $40.00(price on bb.com) for 80 serving; at 1 scoop 0.50 and two scoops a $1.00... so yeah.

Overall (6.6/10): an effective supplement that delivers good and respectable results, but that its score takes a hit because of the unreasanoble price and the ridiculous amount of unnecessary dyes in it. I don't recommend it simply because you can find an equally effective supplement for much less in price and a higher amount of servings.

October 31, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Gains
  • Recovery
  • Lean Muscle Gains
  • Better Pump
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when I first heard they were using this to replace M5 Extreme. M5 Extreme was one of the first PWOs I used, and liked. The price was a little offsetting, but I ended up being able to pick up two 30-Serving containers of Blue Raspberry M5 Reloaded for $63 with a GNC employee discount and BOGO 50% off.

I took one scoop of M5 Reloaded before my workout, mixed it with two scoops of Strawberry Margarita C4 Extreme in 12 ounces of 100% Cranberry juice for a good insulin spike. The taste was sour and slightly bitter (from the juice), but I personally liked it. I never feel like Cellucor disappoints with product flavor.

Within the first week, I noticed a significantly larger pump throughout my workout and after.
The muscle was not spongy or soft to the touch, it almost felt as if it was flexed even when relaxed.

Although I also religiously drink amino acids throughout my workout, I feel that M5 Reloaded caveated the recovery aspect of the amino acids very nicely. The strength gains were noticeable in the last week using this product. With each major lift, my first set was AT LEAST 20 pounds heavier, and I was able to complete more repetitions without feeling as fatigued. Minor lifts (such as curls) I noticed a 5+ lb increase on my first set, and subsequent sets. I rarely do "one-rep" maxes, so I am unable to record any effects on them.

Workout days: 1 Scoop M5 Reloaded and 2 scoops C4 Extreme before my workout. 2 scoops BSN Amino X during my workout. 1 scoop of ON 100% Gold Standard Whey after my workout. 2 scoops Beyond Raw RE-FEED 30 minutes before sleep.

Off Days: 2 scoops of Amino X and 1 scoop of M5 Reloaded with breakfast. 1 scoop of ON 100% Gold Standard Whey 2 hours after breakfast. 2 scoops Beyond Raw RE-FEED 30 minutes before sleep.

My workout plan consisted of 6 heavy weight training days per week with 20 minutes of light cardio as a cooldown.

I noticed absolutely no side effects from this product.

Products I took with M5 Reloaded - Cellucor C4 Extreme Strawberry Margarita, BSN Amino X Green Apple, Beyond Raw RE-FEED Chocolate, ON 100% Gold Standard Whey Chocolate Malt, and GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil.

As I noted at the beginning, the price is fairly steep for a creatine complex, but I was able to get this product at a very reasonable price. I will most likely use this product again, but I plan on waiting until I have the opportunity to get it on sale again.

3.0
  July 7, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Gains
  • Recovery
  • Underdosed At Single Serving
Up for review today is Cellucor's new M5 Reloaded. Special thanks goes out to Mike cellucor for providing the experts with this product. M5 reloaded has been reformulated multiple times throughout the years. Get ready this will be a long review. It warrants a thorough explanation.

Ingredient Examination 6:
Cellucor - M5 Reloaded Mass Builder Blue Raspberry - 30 Servings (750 g / 1.65 lbs.) Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Scoop (25 g) Servings Per Container: 30 Amount Per Serving %DV** Calories 70 Total Carbohydrate 15 g 5% Calcium 110 mg 11% Phosphorus 165 mg 17% Magnesium 205 mg 51% Sodium 150 mg 6% Potassium 170 mg 5% Chromium 8 mcg 6% M5 Reloaded Creatine Matrix 4.5 g Creatine Magnapower (Creatine Magnesium Chelate), Creatine Nitrate, Creasorb (Disodium Phosphate

The first thing you will notice regarding the ingredients is the underdosed amount of creatine in this blend. A total of 4.5 g of creatine matrix is included in this product which consists of Creatine Magnapower (Creatine Magnesium Chelate), Creatine Nitrate m Additionally disodium phosphate Is included to provide uptake. Judging by previous cellucor creatine products the amount of disodium phosphate in this blend is approximately 20%. So we have roughly 2.5 to 3 g of creatine serving. This is a huge reduction in the amount of creatine per serving from the previous M5 2:1 which had a total of 5 grams across these same sources.

The second thing you will notice regarding the serving is the inclusion of a carbohydrate matrix which consists of highly branched chain dextrins. We have been seeing a lot of these HBCD in product to aid in nutrient timing and absorption. The issue I have here with the dextrins is not the inclusion of dextrins, but the amount per serving. If you are going to include the dextrins why not include a standard dose of 30g. We only have half of that amount in the standard one scoop serving however the majority of the material that cellucor has on the label indicates two servings is required for optimal use.

Lastly you will notice that a majority of the pump ingredients in the old version are now gone. As well as the energy part. Also, so many dyes. Good god.

So right off the start without even getting into the product I have significant reservations about the ingredient profile. It appears on paper to be underdosed and has the classic use 2 scoop mentality. I do like all of the ingredients it just seems to me that we missed the boat on the standard serving.

How I ran this: Cellucor indicates that this can be taken pre, Intra or post. I ran this exclusively post workout. 1.75 scoops to bring it up to about the effective dosages of the ingredients, at least in my estimation.

Effectiveness 9: News flash it is creatine and it works. This product works like any creatine supplement and then some. Solid strength gains and recovery were experienced throughout the cycle. I ran through two tubs with was about 45 or so days. I could notice a fuller appearance with with product which I suspect was partially the creatine but the HBCDs aided uptake. As many of you that follow my log my numbers have been progressively going up even with the recent arm injury. Minimal water retention was noticed while on this although it was roughly 1 to 2 pounds after cycling off. Nothing major. The inclusion of highly branched chain dextrins I believe provides additional effectiveness for this product. Overall it is a 8. It works as creatine is supposed to and the inclusion of the designer carb helps

Value 3: This is where the product really falls flat on its face. At roughly $55 on sale at most websites this is priced near the top of the market. I understand it has designer carbohydrates and solid creatine, but given that you have to run almost 2 scoops a day for the effective dosages makes it a huge let down. Two servings a day brings this whole tub down to 15 servings which then brings the cost per serving to almost 4 dollars serving. This sort of pricing really aggravates me given that a company can somehow justify this pricing. Most people believed the old version of M5 2:1 was overpriced although it was roughly the same amount $55 however that product was effectively dosed in mostly all aspects. This cannot be under said Cellucor must be called out on this absurd pricing. Overall, the value gets a 3.

Conclusion 6: Does this product work? Yes. Is it effective? Yes. Is it drastically overpriced? Yes. Is it underdosed at the single scoop serving? Yes.

Cellucor has taken the old version of M5 and essentially ***ized it. Most people loved the old version of M5 2:1, although it was overpriced it was effectively dosed and provided solid results. This reloaded version essentially cut the ingredients in half but kept the price the same. Gone is the energy part of old M5 and most the pump ingredients of the build have been removed. I do appreciate their inclusion of highly branched chain dextrins, however they as well are underdosed at single scoop. It would've been nice to see them dose the HBCDs at an effective 30 to 40 g along with the remaining ingredients. Overall this product gets a 6 and that is being very generous because it was work, but the value crushes the overall experience. If you have a significant amount of disposable income then the 2 scoops is not an issue