COR Performance ZMA has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

COR Performance ZMA Reviews

By: Cellucor

FORUM TOPICS

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
COR Performance ZMA is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

COR Performance ZMA has been reported as discontinued.

Only 6 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

August 4, 2014

So, I'm finally writing this review. I've been waiting till I've used at least 3-4 tubs of a product before reviewing. Here it is.

This is ZMA plus a few bonus ingredients. One of the notables being melatonin. Melatonin helps regulate your sleep cycle, and can help you sleep through the night-less waking up means feeling more refreshed in the morning.

I go in spurts with how frequently/consistently I take ZMA, and specifically this ZMA. The main reasons being the side effects. I get some crazy freaky vivid dreams when I take ZMA consistently for an extended amount of time. Like whatever part of the brain they come from, needs to stay locked the foo up...so, after a few nights of those (and the associated waking up), I go off of it for a bit. The other side is morning grogginess. That one seems more related to how long I was able to sleep. When I get 8+ hours, I rarely feel groggy. If I get 5-6hrs, I have a hard time getting out of bed...and since that isn't the length of a normal sleep cycle, it makes sense.

This is one of my two favorite ZMA based supplements. I've used GNC, Optimum Nutrition, Animal (that is my other fav), and a few of the generics. If you want only ZMA, you can get it from a different company for far less money.

The positive impact? Well, when I don't experience the sides, it is awesome. I wake up feeling more refreshed, or once the fog clears-I feel amazing. I don't feel like I need a caffeine drip to get through my day. Morning wood is also more frequent and more, uhh...pronounced? Libido seems to increase a bit, even outside of the morning. Muscle Recovery also seems better. More sleep, more rest, more recovery.

Cost/Value: If you can get it one sale, it is better. Normal is about $40. I typically wait for BOGO's or Buy One Get One Half Off, and stock up.

December 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Nights Sleep
  • Makes Me Sleepy
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Slightly Enhanced Libido
  • 3 Tabs Were Enough For Me
  • Dry Mouth
Right Guys, I have finally finished this product. What can I say, I really liked it. But it cannot be compared to other ZMA products as that is only half the story.

Although called Core Performance ZMA, this product cannot be compared to other good ZMA products. This is an all round test booster, with added sleep promoter. Which is great! So, spending a few more pennies on it, is very much justified.

Here's the breakdown:

Ingredient Profile: 10/10

Zinc, Magnesium, Gaba, Melatonin, Tribulus. Awesome!!!! They even use Zinc Methionine, which according to peer reviewed research is the most bio-available form, which I really liked. Also, none of this prop. blend crap.... I hate that. Tell us what's in it, simple. Cellucor did a good job here, I know exactly how much of every ingredient is in this product. This is important especially regarding the Melatonin. I need a lot less Melatonin, then other people to put me to sleep.

Wow. Very Effective in terms of Sleep and Recovery. I took the stated dose, and could not sleep properly for days. Very upsetting! I kept waking up, full of energy and slightly... hard!!!
I spoke to a buddy of mine, who had tried this product before, and he had the same issue. He told me to drop a tablet, so only take 3 instead of 4, which I did. this was much better!!! I slept all night through, woke up horny, and felt recovered when training. But not crazy horny like I have felt with the likes of Isatori Isa-Test. So, as a pure Testbooster, I had to knock a point off.

Good Value. As I mentioned before, you cannot compare this product to other ZMA products, as it is much more. And a higher price is justified because of this. I got mine for €37.95, which is not bad compared to other testboosters in Ireland.

Great Product overall. I liked the recovery and deep sleep I got from it. As I mentioned, a little more test boosting would have been nice, but maybe that's due to me only taking 3 tabs, and not the full 4. But saying that, I could not sleep with 4.

I used Core Performace ZMA with Modern BCAA from USP Labs (which I have just reviewed) and R4 from Platinum Nutrition (which I will review later). I was going through a heavy training cycle; a lot of squatting, etc, with some Crossfit thrown in for conditioning. Also, I was incorporating Intermittent Fasting, to cut up a bit.

I would definitely recommend this product, but suggest to start off with half the dose, and work your way up to 4 caps. Also, I got a dry mouth every night after taking the ZMA, so maybe keep some water on your night table.

July 3, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Nights Sleep
  • Makes Me Sleepy
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Slightly Enhanced Libido
  • On The Expensive Side
First time reviewer here and I'm coming out of the gates hot with a review on Cellucor Cor-Performance ZMA. Let's not waste any more time with formalities and get right down into the nitty-gritty of this product.

Profile: (8/10)
One thing I like about the Cor-Performance line from Cellucor is the back to basics approach in actually listing each ingredient individually rather than slap the dreaded "Proprietary Blend" or some other variation of the term on the label. However, this is where I was a bit confused on this product in particular since it states 2400mg of ZMA yet the ingredients as a whole do not even add up to 2400mg. A small complaint but I feel it should be noted.

Anywho, we start it off with 10.5mg of Vitamin B6, 450mg of Magnesium and 30mg of Zinc. As we know these are some key vitamins and minerals whose levels can be diminished through intensive resistance training and the benefits of which include protein synthesis, normal heart function and mood regulation, just to name a few. In theory, additional zinc and magnesium supplementation should be beneficial to bodybuilders.

They also included 750mg of Tribulus terrestris extract, the natural herb found in traditional medicine throughout history and a popular ingredient in many Test boosters on the market today. As many other users have noted, it has essentially been proven to be ineffective for this purpose but can lead to an increase in libido.

They round off the whole profile with 50mg of GABA and 1mg of Melatonin, two nice ingredients that didn't need to be added but were a nice added touch.

Dosing:
4 capsules about 45 minutes before hitting the hay and without any calcium bases foods or supplements as directed as it can affect the absorption.

Effectiveness: (9/10)
Being as this was the first sleep aid I have ever taken, this worked wonders for me in that department. I've always been quite the night owl and it was not unusual for me to stay up until 2am or later on a regular basis. With the help of this product I am now on a fairly regular sleep schedule, dozing off around 11-12pm and awaking anywhere from 6-8am. If I were to tell you I had woken up at 6am since completing high school simply because I was well-rested and not because I had to, it would make me a liar. But after using this product for a month, I am waking up feeling refreshed and ready to start my day even if I have nothing planned. As we all know, nothing helps combat the strain we put our muscles through on a daily basis and recover quite like a good night of sleep. The tribulus was just an extra ingredient as far as I'm concerned and I wasn't looking for any test boosting qualities. I would say that my libido was a tad bit higher than normal, but that's not saying much for a 21 year old.

Value: (6-10)
This is where the product has room for improvement. At nearly $40 per bottle at most retailers, it's more than I would be willing to regularly spend on a glorified sleep aid. This is only something I would consider taking again if my sleep schedule was to be thrown out of whack, and not something I would depend on to help me get to sleep every night.

Overall: (8/10)
This is definitely a product I would recommend for somebody looking to get back to sleeping at "normal hours" provided they're willing to fork over $40 to do it. I can't complain about the quality of the product as I wasn't looking for test boosting results, but I can see where someone would be disappointed in this if that is what they were looking to gain most from it. In my case, better quality of sleep is what I sought and Cor-Performance ZMA definitely delivered in that area.

March 28, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Nights Sleep
  • I Bit Expensive
Hey guys, I already did a review on this via video, but I figured I might as well write it up for people who hate listening to me speak :). This will be a quick review.

Ingredient Profile:(8/10)
I usually don't like rating profiles, mainly because if something works well, I am going to take it. We all know tribulus doesn't boost test, but it does have a nice effect on libido. I don't need that, but it's a nice addition to any ZMA product in my opinion. GABA is a nice addition as well. Everything is dosed very well. Sometimes simple/well-dosed profiles are better than ingredients you have never heard of. Don't get me wrong, I love Mass HGH, but I would like some more information on the ingredients. Oh yeah, NO PROP. BLENDS!

Effectiveness:(8.5/10)
Although this was not the best sleep aide I have used, I found it to be a very effective. Nice clean sleep throughout the night, no waking up randomly, and a very well-rested feel upon getting up. I workout in the morning now, and I didn't have any problem getting up, even if I only got 6 hours of sleep.

Value:(7.5/10)
This was coming, as you all know, this is not the cheapest sleep aide out. You can get this on sale, which I highly recommend, but at $39.99 regular price, I would rather spend the money on something more effective like Mass HGH or even PowerFULL.

Overall:(8.2/10)
This is a solid product. Not the best sleep aide I have ever used, but it is def. worth using if you don't want something as strong as Mass HGH or PowerFULL. If the price were to drop to something more reasonable for the ingredients($19.99-$24.99), I would buy this much more than I plan to. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed, just not very surprised.

March 12, 2013

• Good Nights Sleep
    I was lucky to pick up Cellucor new product the Cor-Performance ZMA at a local store here in town to try out. I have not taken any ZMA product like this and decided to give it a try.

Ingrediant profile 9/10
    Tribulus terrestris 750mg
    GABA 50mg
    Melatonin 1mg

Results 8/10
    I have been taking the product using the direction of taking 4 caps prior to bed. With the Melatonin added I start to feel drowsey about 30-40 minutes after taking the dose. At nights I have been getting around six hours of deep sleep and for someone like me who is an insominiac that is a bonus because I wake up feeling refreshed. So far while taking this I have been on a cut and have not noticed any decrease in strengh like I usally do on a cut. I have also noticed better recovery after workouts the day after.

Cost 9/10
    I paid $25 for a bottle of ZMA. There are 30 serving in a bottle with the serving size of four capsules

Overall 8.75/10

Overall I have enjpyed taking this product. The main benefits for me is it is helping me get a good nights sleep which I have not had in a while without having to exhaust myself before bed. I have also been more relaxed at not as tense in the past. I have also noticed the benefits of the Tribulus included in this in other areas at night.

February 5, 2013

Cons:
      Write a detailed and thorough review here. Please, no swearing! DO NOT POST QUESTIONS!Cor ZMA

So as we all know there are many different opinions out there on ZMA stating it does not help with test levels or sleep and has been debunked by many people. Yet others have studies stating the benefits of taking a ZMA supplement.

Now cellucor has researched all those studies and have taken their ZMA to another level and try something different which they always do.

Now lets break down the ingrediants first:

ZMA - 2400 mg blend of

B6- 10.5mg
      magniesum- 450mg
      Zinc- 30 mg

Tribulus terrestrious - 750mg .. Which is a plant claimed to increase the bodies natural test levels helping improve muscle tone.

GABA- 50mg .. Known as an amino acid which helps with muscle tone.

Melatonin- 1mg .. A natural compound in plants known to help sleep.

As you can see cellucor has added some great products to try and kick this up a notch above other ZMA'S

Now I decided to try this due to the fact I have trouble sleeping. Ever since my daughter was born in May very ill with many long nights in hospital and at home I feel into a pattern where I sleep for 2hrs up for 2hrs and so on. So I needed something to get me back on track.

My first night of trying this I feel asleep within 45mins of taking it, but I still maintained the same sleep pattern. After about a week I was getting more and more restful sleep and my patterns of sleep changed. I woke up more energized and felt great and not grogy when I woke.

I did notice also that I felt less sore from my workouts and felt like I was recovering better on this product, which also led to me getting some strength gains. I did not see much in the difference of defination.

I was also taking this product with p6 and feel that is a great combination..

I would recommend giving this product a shot.. Again cellucor has taken a typical product and bumped it up a notch above others.

I give it an 9/10

This product has a great price point of 39.99 if you shop around or have coupon codes you can get it for 29.99