COR Performance Whey Reviews

By: Cellucor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  August 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Mixability
  • Inclusion Of Lactase
  • No Side Effects
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose
  • Flavor A Little Too Sweet

Upon starting this container of protein I was on a lean bulk. You can never have too much protein lol and im always curious to try new brands and flavors so I jumped at the chance to try one of the most popular brands out there. Cellucors advertising is top notch great sleek looking bottles that really catch your eye, lets see if the product matches the labels.

A pretty clean mix of whey isolate and concentrate, with each scoop containing 25grams of protein, 3-5grams of carbs(1-2of fiber) depending on flavor, and a gram of fat. It also as added digestive enzymes to help break down the protein aiding with gas problems and stomach discomfort.

Taste- Cookie and cream is the flavor I received, now this was SWEET, my personal preference when drinking protein is more smooth and on the bland side. I usually drink my protein after my workout so a really sweet shake doesn't agree with me at this time. I had to switch it up and drink it a little longer after a workout. They did nail the flavor though it tasted like a cookies and crme Hershey bar without the perfect Hershey taste if that makes sense. I had a gym buddy who had the cupcake flavor and he also said it was wayyy too sweet.
Mixability- Never had any issues mixing this in a shaker, a few shakes and it was dissolved, this does have little bits of cookie that always sink to the bottom and stick to the sides of the shaker though. Not a huge deal but they aren't really big enough to chew and enjoy so im not sure why these really need to be in there.
Dosing- Take a scoop when you need to to meet your protein needs, mix with milk water or your choice of beverage. This wasn't a thick shake regardless of what its mixed with.

Pretty much on par with any other quality protein that ive used. Protein is always tough to gauge effectiveness after one jug, but I didn't get any adverse issues(bloating, gas, stomach issues) while on this so that tells me it is a decent quality protein. I took 1-2 scoops post workout and 1 scoop for breakfast on off days and I recovered well and added some lean muscle.

This can be found for around $28 an average for a 2lb tub (26 Servings) not sure why they couldn't throw in an extra 4 scoops but not a big deal. As far as protein goes this is about the same as any other brand. Bodybuilding.com regularly puts this on some kind of sale at the moment of this typing its on a BOGO50% off and you can buy it in a 3 jug bundle for savings as well so that brings up the value more as well.

Side Effects

None for me

Conclusion

I personally wouldn't buy this again simply because it didn't agree with my taste buds, and that's to no fault of Cellucor everybody has dfferent taste buds and wont like the same flavors etc. I may grab a jug of a different flavor and give a shot if I see a BOGO sale. If your looking for a protein to replace desserts then this may be a great choice for you, if your like me and like a weaker flavor protein you can slam down after a tough workout you may want to look elsewhere.
  • Cookies and cream: 6/10

• myuncker
    Rep for this Brand
    September 10, 2015

Thank you for your review! We value your opinion.