COR Performance Whey Reviews

By: Cellucor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Mixability
  • Great In Water &/or In Milk
  • Very Good Taste
  • No GI Issues
  • Inclusion Of Sucralose
Introduction:

A huge thank you to the SR Troops program and the people at Cellucor, for giving me the opportunity to try their Cellucor Cor Perfomance Whey protein. Whey protein is a way to supplement your protein from your daily whole food protein sources. It's a protein supplement, not something you should be drinking in place of meals.

Whey protein is a staple for me, and depending on the grams in any brand, I will typically take 1 to 1.5 scoops per day with water or 2% milk, in addition to my other protein sources coming from whole foods.

Personally, in terms of taste, I prefer a whey protein that has an enjoyable flavor. If I do not like a particular flavor or brand that doesn't taste good I will pass. Also, I buy products that do not have any negative effects on my stomach.

My experience goes way back to the days of the first Twin Lab protein product, I believe it was a mass gainer. Needless to say the quality has come a long way since then. I am perfectly fine with a whey protein and isolate combination.

Ironically this is my first time trying a full tub of Cellucor Cor Performance Whey Protein. I have tried many of their other products, with quite a bit of success thus far.

Ingredient Profile:

This is a pretty standard profile, 25 grams of protein per scoop. 1 gram of sugar, but there is the typical sucralose in the profile for sweetness and its a blend of whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate.

This is a fast digesting whey protein, that is typically used during the day, upon waking, post workout or anytime in between.

Taste: I had the molten chocolate flavor. It was quite good 8.5/10. Cellucor has about 8 or 10 different flavors of this product. It tastes more rich in 2% milk as opposed to water and had a slight bitter after taste when I used water, but nothing overly problematic. Everyone has different taste buds.

Mixability: This product mixed very well in water or via 2% Milk. The typical vessel of choice was a shaker cup. No clumping or floaters.

Dosing: For this product I took a slightly rounded scoop, one time during the day. Sometimes upon waking on non-workout days, some post workout and sometimes with dinner. Oddly enough, the serving size for the tub is 26 servings, and with the above dosing, this lasted my 30 days.

A category tough to judge when taking a whey protein supplement. It's a standard profile, mixed well and appears to have some higher quality ingredients, when compared to other brands. No amino spiking here. Also, to have a product that doesn't mess with your GI, and Cellucor Cor Performance caused me no such issues in that area.

Value:

The standard price I am currently seeing is $29.99 for the 2 lb container. That is about $1.15 per serving. You can get the 4lb tub for 49.99 and drive that cost down some per serving. This is a good value for a trusted whey protein isolate/concentrate source.

There are a few times during the year, you can get this product bogo at 50% off, that is great value when that sale is on from either bb.com or M & S.

Side Effects:

No side effects here, especially no GI issues, which is a plus. That tells you, that you are getting a quality product from a whey protein.

Conclusion:

Let's not try to reinvent the wheel here folks, you are looking at a trusted ingredient profile, quality product, that tastes quite good and causes no GI issues. This is a great choice when looking for whey protein supplement.

Personally, I will be buying this product on the next bogo 50% off deal I see, because I always try to look to save some of my hard earned $$.

I believe the offer and/or sell sample packs of 5 servings, that actually have a scooper!!

• Mjg1973
    September 19, 2015

Twin Lab.... lol.. That brings back some memories.... Everyone back then was all about Twin Lab and GNC Cybergenics... lol..
    Supplements have come a long way in the last 25 yrs.. Im curious how it will be 25 yrs from now...

• Frankiemusc
    September 19, 2015

Things have definitely changed. Who knows in 25 years this industry could be severely regulated.