COR Performance Creatine Reviews

Overall
Overall
  July 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hidden Ingredients
  • Increased Strength
  • Muscle Fullness And Density
  • Clinical Doses Of Ingredients
  • Creapure!
  • A Little Pricey
  • Label Will Catch Newbs Off-guard Just Use 1 Scoop A Day Everyday
Big shout out to the guys over at Cellucor for giving me and my fellow expert reviewers tubs of this to try. They actually sent me two tubs, one being granny smith apple and the other blue raspberry. This is a creatine review so lets keep it short n' sweet.

Ingredients: 9/10

We all know by now that Creapure is touted as the highest purity monohydrate. Big thumbs up here for using this.

Betaine Anhydrous: This goes by several different names (Trimethylglycine being the most popular). In a blend of research between animals and humans, some data indicates benefits for cell production, liver health, fat loss, and lean mass. This ingredient probably isn't a necessary one but we will take it.

Cinnulin (Cinnamon Bark Extract): We all know cinnamon's affect on glucose metabolism but I believe Cellucor was throwing this in here in regards to the benefits it shows with creatine uptake. I do not know if this is empirical as I have not really looked into it. Again, probably not a necessary ingredient but not a bad thing by any means.

We also have some electrolytes thrown in the mix. Cool.

Dosing: 7/10

I gave this a lower rating because of the dosing protocol listed on the label. Cellucor gives the option to take 2 scoops a day and actually insists on beginning with a loading phase. Now we do have solid data showing that this is not a necessity. Clinical doses of creatine monohydrate fall under 3-5g/day and you do not need more, nor do you have to partake in any silly loading phases. I just took 1 scoop a day, every day, which got me 60 servings (as opposed to the 30 listed on the label).

Taste: 10/10
Like I said, I received the Granny Smith Apple and Blue Raspberry. Both of them are delicious. I feared the granny smith would be a bit tart but it is actually really smooth and mixes well not only by itself but with any other pre workout supplements, even if they are among a different flavor. The blue raspberry is also very delightful to drink and mix with pre workouts, BCAAs, etc.

This works just as well as any other creatine I've taken. I do not cycle off creatine (which is just fine at 3-5g a day) so had I started taking a bad quality product, I probably would have immediately noticed a drawback in my training as well as my pumps.

Taking this at the correct dose that I listed above, the value actually isn't too shabby on this. Roughly 35 bucks for 60 servings isn't the cheapest Creapure you will find but then again, we have other ingredients in here as well as flavoring. I'd like to see a decline in this price because brands such as Optimum Nutrition and Primaforce are still a major competitor for my purchase.

Creatine should be a staple for any athlete. I don't care if it's aerobic or anaerobic sports. The research is there and Creatine Monohydrate is proven to be more beneficial than probably 90% of the supplements in the market today. Cellucor performed well here with a nice profile, taste, mix-ability, and a kick ass container to boot. Although there are slightly cheaper options, I do recommend it if you don't mind spending a few extra bones.