COR Performance Creatine Reviews

By: Cellucor

Creatine > Blends
COR Performance Creatine is a Creatine Blend manufactured by Cellucor. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

March 10, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses Of Ingredients
  • Creapure!
  • A Little Pricey
  • Taste A Little Rough
  • Label Will Catch Newbs Off-guard Just Use 1 Scoop A Day Everyday
  • Gastrointestinal Issues

I used this product on my current recomp. Calories averaged at maintenance over the course of a week. Other supplements included protein powder, various pre-workouts, Biorhythm Afterglow, fish oil, multi, beta-alanine, and Cutler Nutrition Amino Pump (review coming when finished).

Label:

Serving size: 1 Scoop (11g)
Serving per container: 30

Disodium Phosphate
Dipotassium Phosphate
Betaine Anhydrous 1.25g
Cinnulin PF (Cinnamon Bark Extract) 125mg
Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Malic Acid, Sucralose, FD&C Blue #1

The formula starts off with some electrolytes, which are always welcome. The main ingredient, obviously, is Creapure creatine. I love Creapure. The Germans know how to do it right. I wouldn't use any other type of creatine monohydrate at this point. Then they've got some extra goodies. First, a Creasorb blend. I couldn't find much info on exactly how these ingredients function, but the idea is that they help make the monohydrate creatine more absorbable. Second, there's some Betaine (Trimethylglycine). This ingredient has been around for a long time and there's some science supporting it's effect on strength gain. It's obviously included to work synergistically with the creatine to enhance strength but overall is probably a bit under dosed. Third, Cinnulin PF is included. This is basically a special type of Cinnamon extract that has been shown to mimic insulin and have positive effects on blood glucose levels. Again, I think the idea behind it's inclusion is to increase absorption of the creatine. This would be analogous to taking simple carbs with your creatine, but without having to ingest the calories and sugar.

By and large there are good effective doses of the ingredients that enhance the creatine to make this a superior product. I like it.

Here's the suggested from on the label:
Mix 1-2 scoops of Cellucor COR-Performance Creatine in 8-10oz of juice, water, or other beverage of choice, and consume 30 minutes prior to training, or in the morning on non-training days. (For maximum results) Begin with a loading phase of four servings per day for the first five days of product use.

I have several issues with this protocol. First, please get me out of 1995. It has been well proven and supported that there is no benefit to loading creatine.
Second, most people do not need to consume 2 servings (10g) of creatine every day. Many, many studies have shown 5g (even down to 3g in some) of creatine to be a very effective dose. Perhaps some people with a very large muscle mass may need more but that's not most of us, and certainly not me at 170lb.

If you actually followed this dosing protocol you would get exactly 10 days of use from loading 5 days and then doing 2 scoops/day, and 15 days if you loaded and did 1 scoop/day. I can only assume that a company would put this dosing protocol on their product if they actually intend their consumers to follow it. In my opinion this is just another company taking advantage of uneducated consumers to sell more of their product. If you actually followed it you would need 2 or even 3 tubs to run just one month of this product. Business is business and I can respect that, but it still annoys me because I wonder where else the company might be bending the truth. It's more of a trust issue than anything for me.

Fortunately, I am an informed, educated consumer. So I chose to dose this product at 1 scoop/day. I took it pre-workout on workout days and whenever I remembered to take it on off days. It's just creatine, it doesn't care when you take it!

Mixability

Creatine in general has poor solubility in water, but this creatine is worse than other's I have tried. It really doesn't mix well at all. There is a lot of larger chunks and grittiness. I'm sure this is due to the other ingredients in it. I found that mixing it with a small amount of warm water and then topping it off with cold water helps a lot. I often mixed it with a pre-workout and beta-alanine with no additional issues. Any way you slice it, the last sip is going to be gritty and you're going to need to refill your shaker with a little bit of water to get the last bit out. Not that big of a deal.

Taste

I have tried the Blue Raspberry and Granny Smith Apple. I really don't care for either one, but the Blue Raspberry is the worse of the two. It's cloyingly sweet and almost medicinal. The Granny Smith Apple is better. The cinnamon and apple tastes seem to work together better. It's still not great though. Either way, they're both drinkable. Again, not that big of a deal.

This product is very effective for me. I have tried many other types of creatine including Kre-Alkalyn, generic creatine monohydrate, magnesium creatine chelate, creatine nitrate, and plain old Creapure. This product works the best out of any of them. Here's what I specifically noticed. I get a nice muscle volume increase due to it drawing water into my muscles. My endurance went way up. It gave me the ability to grind out an extra rep or two when I normally wouldn't be able to. My power was increased, evidenced by the fact that everything felt lighter than normal. I was able to lift weights in general for a longer period of time. In short, it allowed me to do quite a bit more work than without it. More work equals more stress on the muscles and with proper rest and food, more muscle growth.

Side Effects

I did have some side effects with this product. Obviously, you get some water retention. Personally, I don't really consider that a side effect. If you drink a lot of water almost all of it gets held in your muscles. It makes me look a little bigger and I need all the help I can get.
A true side effect for me was that I had some frequent gastrointestinal issues when taking it. It gave me diarrhea often, especially at first. It wasn't immediate but usually would hit me after my workout was over or an hour or two after taking it on off days. It got better after a couple weeks of use as, apparently, my body got used to it.
Also, Sometimes when I took it I would also feel bloated right after taking it. This seemed to be worse on my off days when I took it with more food in my system. Usually I didn't get this bloating before my workout, I think because my stomach is usually mostly empty by workout time.
So, not awesome to deal with, but by no means a deal breaker for a product that worked this well for me.

You're likely going to pay about $30 for this, plus shipping if you go online. I'm sure if you're willing to wait you can snipe a sale on it somewhere for a better price. So if you run it like I did you're looking at least $1 per serving. Is this expensive for Creapure? Hell yes it is! Personally, I find a lot of value in products that work, and this product worked better than regular Creapure. So I don't have a problem spending $1 on creatine every day.

Conclusion

I did gain a couple pounds (not counting water) after running this product. I looked a little bit bigger in a lot of areas you want to, and definitely looked a little leaner in the areas you don't. Considering how hard it is to recomp without enhancement, I was super happy with my results. Was it all the creatine? Definitly not. My diet was on point. But I truly feel the creatine played a roll in building size and strength over what I would have been able to accomplish without it. Despite some of the side effects I experienced and the lackluster taste, in terms of results, this product is in the top 5 of all the supplements I've ever tried. I highly recommend it.

September 26, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hidden Ingredients
  • Label Will Catch Newbs Off-guard Just Use 1 Scoop A Day Everyday
Thank you Cellucor for participating in the ER program here at SR! I have tried a few Cellucor products with mixed results and was more than happy to give this one a try. I have pretty much just used my go to creatine for the past couple of years with no variety because what I used worked.

Taste 10/10

I received 2 flavors in blue raspberry and green apple. Both flavors were exceptional and I put them at the top for taste! I tried each on their own for the first few days and then mixed it in with my PWO. They mix well with everything I used.

Profile 9/10

Of course the most important ingredient the Creapure (5g)which everyone should know the advantages of this type of creatine by now. Pure, effective, and 2nd in popularity only to mono.

Betaine Anhydrous (1.25g) which is found in beets, spinach, and some seafood. There is evidence that it might help with metabolism. Interestingly enough, this is used in treatment of Homocystinuria which is a disorder where the body lacks the ability to process some aminos properly. There doesn't seem to be much research on this as a supplement that I found in a quick search.

Cinnulin PF (125mg) In a study on humans it was found that over a 12 week period showed improvements in lean body mass. This was at a 500mg ED dose however.

Dosing 7/10

People take creatine at different times. It can be taken pre, post, or intra. I don't think there is a definite time that you're supposed to take it because there are benefits of each. Make your decision on your personal preference. I like to take mine with my pre. I personally feel I get the best results with that with more endurance during my workout. My muscles are hydrated better which allows my workout to stay intense throughout the 75 or so minutes.

The 7 come from the confusing labeling on the product. The front gives you the stats at 10g creatine, 2.5g Betaine, and 250mg Cinnulin. The problem is, that's at 2 scoops. The loading phase that they suggest (which is not needed anyway) is crazy. 4 servings per day for the first 5 days?!! That's 20 servings out of a 30 serving container! But wait, is it a 30 serving container? I didn't actually check from the first day I started using but I know I got more than 30 days out of each container. I actually didn't think they would ever empty!! However, when you do the math at 1 scoop being 11g and the container being 330g, it should workout.

Effectiveness 8/10

This was a very good performing creatine. It performed as well as my normal creatine. I could tell a difference in my endurance and water pump when I took it. I did not have any digestive problems with it and it mixed very well. Just a swish of the shaker each time before you sipped it and no problems.

Value 7/10

Based on the 330g container, it "saying" it has 30 servings and a price of $30, $1/serving is a little high. However, this is a quality product and is worth the cost (especially since I still say there is more than 30 servings). It's not as cheap as what I normally use.

Overall 8/10

This is a very quality creatine which I suggest for anyone to try looking for a creatine product. I got exactly what I expected in terms of endurance to help me increase strength with no water retention. The taste is great (I DID NOT HAVE UNFLAVORED) which is a much added bonus for most people. I will alternate between this and my normal creatine going forward.

And remember my friends DO NOT USE A LOADING PHASE.

July 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hidden Ingredients
  • Creapure!
  • Label Will Catch Newbs Off-guard Just Use 1 Scoop A Day Everyday
Big shout out to the guys over at Cellucor for giving me and my fellow expert reviewers tubs of this to try. They actually sent me two tubs, one being granny smith apple and the other blue raspberry. This is a creatine review so lets keep it short n' sweet.

Ingredients: 9/10

We all know by now that Creapure is touted as the highest purity monohydrate. Big thumbs up here for using this.

Betaine Anhydrous: This goes by several different names (Trimethylglycine being the most popular). In a blend of research between animals and humans, some data indicates benefits for cell production, liver health, fat loss, and lean mass. This ingredient probably isn't a necessary one but we will take it.

Cinnulin (Cinnamon Bark Extract): We all know cinnamon's affect on glucose metabolism but I believe Cellucor was throwing this in here in regards to the benefits it shows with creatine uptake. I do not know if this is empirical as I have not really looked into it. Again, probably not a necessary ingredient but not a bad thing by any means.

We also have some electrolytes thrown in the mix. Cool.

Dosing: 7/10

I gave this a lower rating because of the dosing protocol listed on the label. Cellucor gives the option to take 2 scoops a day and actually insists on beginning with a loading phase. Now we do have solid data showing that this is not a necessity. Clinical doses of creatine monohydrate fall under 3-5g/day and you do not need more, nor do you have to partake in any silly loading phases. I just took 1 scoop a day, every day, which got me 60 servings (as opposed to the 30 listed on the label).

Taste: 10/10
Like I said, I received the Granny Smith Apple and Blue Raspberry. Both of them are delicious. I feared the granny smith would be a bit tart but it is actually really smooth and mixes well not only by itself but with any other pre workout supplements, even if they are among a different flavor. The blue raspberry is also very delightful to drink and mix with pre workouts, BCAAs, etc.

This works just as well as any other creatine I've taken. I do not cycle off creatine (which is just fine at 3-5g a day) so had I started taking a bad quality product, I probably would have immediately noticed a drawback in my training as well as my pumps.

Taking this at the correct dose that I listed above, the value actually isn't too shabby on this. Roughly 35 bucks for 60 servings isn't the cheapest Creapure you will find but then again, we have other ingredients in here as well as flavoring. I'd like to see a decline in this price because brands such as Optimum Nutrition and Primaforce are still a major competitor for my purchase.

Creatine should be a staple for any athlete. I don't care if it's aerobic or anaerobic sports. The research is there and Creatine Monohydrate is proven to be more beneficial than probably 90% of the supplements in the market today. Cellucor performed well here with a nice profile, taste, mix-ability, and a kick ass container to boot. Although there are slightly cheaper options, I do recommend it if you don't mind spending a few extra bones.

June 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hidden Ingredients
  • Stackable
    Special thanks to the guys over at Cellucor for continuing to provide product for the ER crew for testing.

A Brief Rant About Creatine
    I've never been a believer in all these creatine analogs and blends. To me, 99% of them are supplement marketing on steroids. After all, creatine monohydrate may well be a supplement company's worst nightmare – it's cheap, it's abundant and it's effective in its most simple form. So obviously the only way to go about boosting sales/profits is to create problems such as absorption, uptake, utilization, etc. that don't really exist (or at least overstate their importance). In fact, most of these analogs/blends actually perform less effectively than straight creatine mono. And before someone jumps all over me about how mono does or does not work for them, there are several tried and true ways to consume straight mono to avoid all the pitfalls of absorption or uptake or bloating.

The other real problem with creatine is the increasing use of foreign raws that have no purity testing in place. Add to that a less than reputable US company that may or may not do batch analysis. So for my peace of mind, I am willing to pay a premium for Creapure creatine monohydrate, which guarantees the highest level of purity in a mono.

I've lost track of how many creatines I went through before Creapure became my favorite creatine, but Cellucor has made my favorite even better.

Profile: 9.5/10
    The addition of Creasorb, betaine and Cinnulin PF makes this my second favorite creatine of all time – the first being the product designed by Rich Myers. Each scoop contains 5g Creapure, 1.77g Creasorb, 1.25g betaine and 125mg Cinnulin PF (cinnamon bark extract) All these ingredients basically have one goal – to make the Creapure better. And at that they do a stellar job. I'm not going to go into all the benefits of individual ingredients since the other ER's have that well covered int heir reviews. Suffice it to say that this is a superior blend with simple additions that increase the effectiveness of Creapure.

Taste: 8.25/10
    I tried the unflavored, blue raspberry and green apple. I have to say all the flavors were fine but the green apple + cinnamon bark extract gave it a tart apple pie sort of flavor, which I loved. So the green apple was definitely my fav.
    Interestingly enough, the unflavored is all that I can find for sale on-line, so perhaps the flavors have been discontinued. I can understand that since the unflavored is far more versatile, but I liked the flavors all the same and found them nice for using as a pwo base all on their own – a little agmatine, a little cit mal, pop a thermo cap, you get the picture.

Mixing : 7/10
    Due to the other actives, this doesn't mix as easily as straight Creapure. You will get some large particles/grit in your glass if you try and drink it immediately. I found that either warming the water slightly or letting it sit 5 minutes really improved how it went into solution.

Dosing: 9.25/10
    I took 1 scoop either pre or post workout depending on whether or not my pwo had creatine in it. Pretty damn simple. I didn't use a loading phase since I went from straight Creapure to this without a break. And frankly, if the Creasorb is doing its job (which I believe it did) then the need for a loading phase is lessened with this product. I did try dosing 2 scoops occasionally but frankly I didn't see any noticeable benefit over 1 scoop and given that causes the per serving price to double, just stuck with 1 scoop.

Effectiveness: 9.25/10
    I won't go into the virtues of creatine; I think that by now everyone knows that it's the most studied and useful supplement out there. I saw no decrease in effectiveness and an increase in muscle fullness and faster strength progression over regular Creapure . Water gain was not an issue for me, but it rarely is. One of the best things that I can say is that while I'm on this, I rarely have days when my strength is "off". And at my age, that's worthwhile, trust me. So it provides everything that creatine is supposed to provide, but at a high level of effectiveness and consistency.

Value: 8.5/10
    You can easily find this online for around $29.00. Cellucor sells it direct around that price (depending on the discount code) and free shipping in the US. So for me, 50 servings at $30.00 come out to .60 cents per serving. Bulk Creapure runs me about .20 per serving, so that's obviously 3 times higher. But taking into account the increased performance benefits I got from this over Creapure (and the REALLY increased benefits when compared to straight mono) well I still rate this highly. Did I get 3 times the benefits? No. But I got enough to make the additional .40 insignificant. In fact, it's now my go-to creatine. If you were taking 2 scoops per day then I would probably drop the value down to a 7.5, but even so, I would still buy this because it's so effective.

Overall 9/10
    Cor Creatine surpassed my expectations. No question about it. It's what I have on my shelf and what I will continue to have on my shelf for the near future. You can make your own personal decision whether it's better than Creapure alone, but for my part, it takes my previous gold standard and turns it platinum.

May 2, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Strength
    • Muscle Fullness And Density
    • Taste A Little Rough
    • But Masks Easily When Mixed.
    I have been taking creatine for about three months now. I lifted for a little bit before hand and then started creatine while lifting. It didn't really make a difference in working out but gaining muscle and bulkiness were a result of the creatine. I did bulk up real nice using this product and that's what I expected so I was satisfied and still am. The only thing that could be improved about this product is maybe providing it in different flavors which I'm pretty sure Cellucor recently did.

Taste: (6/10)
    The only way I can bare to drink it is by mixing it with orange juice. It almost has a cinnamon taste to it when you don't mix it with something like orange juice. Mixing it with something else that is healthy for you also helps as well.

Mixability: (8/10)
    When mixing this product with orange juice I have noticed that it kind of has a grainy texture to it. I also noticed that if you don't stir it occasionally after every drink, it seems to kind of sit at the bottom of the cup.

Effectiveness: (9/10)
    Since using this product, I have filled up and became pretty bulky like I wanted to. With that being a result, I notice progress as well so that's a good thing. Especially using this product stacked on another cellucor product I intake it makes results even better.

May 1, 2013

• Taste A Little Rough
    OK so here we go guys like usual I am going to start by breaking down the ingredients profile of Cellucor's Cor Creatine

Phosphorus 315mg
    Phosphorus helps filter out waste in the kidneys and plays an essential role in how the body stores and uses energy. It also helps reduce muscle pain after a hard workout. Phosphorus is needed for the growth, maintenance, and repair of all tissues and cells, and for the production of the genetic building blocks, DNA and RNA. Phosphorus is also needed to help balance and use other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, iodine, magnesium, and zinc.

Sodium 290gm
    The body uses sodium to control blood pressure and blood volume. Sodium is also needed for your muscles and nerves to work properly.

Creapure 5.0g
    Creatine builds muscle, increases strength, speeds recovery, and reduces lactic acid buildup. Creapure is patented, high-quality creatine monohydrate "” the most basic creatine type. Research shows creatine increases ATP production, which boosts energy. In one study, people had better workouts, greater strength, and faster muscle growth after using Creapure.

there are huge differences in quality. Creatine products with more than 5% impurities have been found on the market. The manufacturing conditions and handling of raw materials are crucial factors for determining the quality of creatine monohydrate. Inferior raw materials or substandard cleaning results in larger amounts of impurities such as dicyandiamide, creatinine, and dihydrotriazine. The specification of Creapure® is subject to strict requirements. Creapure® is tested for impurities using high pressure liquid chromatography

Creasorb 1.77g

This patented ingredient contains disodium phosphate and dipotassium phosphate. Both ingredients are pH buffers and keep the blood at its proper pH level. Toxins are also cleansed from the liver by these ingredients. Cellucor claims Creasorb enhances creatine absorption. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any research to support this claim.

Betaine Anhydrous 1.25g

High homocysteine levels increase cardiovascular disease risk. Betaine anhydrous breaks down homocysteine and decreases the body's levels. However, the ingredient was shown to raise LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Since these lipids contribute to cardiovascular disease, betaine anhydrous may not significantly decrease disease risk.

Cinnulin PF

Made from cinnamon, Cinnulin PF increase glucose metabolism considerably. It also improves insulin function. As a result, Cinnulin PF was shown to decrease blood sugar levels and blood pressure. Some study participants experienced fat loss and lean muscle growth, too.

Mixability

Now the mixability on this product depends on what flavor you get. With the unflavored the mixing is really bad, you have to add water and swirl it around of few times just to get all the residue off the bottom of the mixer to make sure you get it all.

Now with the granny smith apple flavor they seem to have fixed the mixing issue ( this flavor came out a few months after the unflavored) Like most other Cellucor products the granny smith apple flavor seems to mix instantly and you get it all down in one shot with out having to add extra water just to be able to get down the last remaining bit.

Flavoring

Unflavored was not that great, it was very gritty tasting with a harsh cinnamon flavor/after taste due to the Cinnulin PF. I tried mixing with several things and the only thing that seemed to mask the gritty taste and dumb down the cinnamon flavor was mixing it with a protein shake.

Now the granny smith apple falvor is a whole nother ball game. It sorta of reminded me of a green apple blow pop. It still had a hint of cinnamon coming through but the gritty taste was gone and the cinnamon flavor sort of acted as an accent to the apple flavor. ( want to kick it up a notch mix granny smith apple creatine with cinnamon swirl protein and you got yourself an apple pie flavor)

Results

Now I do not train for size, I train to stay lean but build up my strength and this creatine did just that. With in a months time I was able to record several PR's on my deadlift, sled pull and bench press. It also helped with my recovery and I was able to push myself harder during my workouts to be able to go to my full potential. One thing I found great about this creatine is I did not get bloated like I did with most other creatines. I noticed also I looked fuller and felt harder while using this and I love the results I received. I liked being able to go to the gym and not feel weighed down because of my creatine.

April 24, 2013

• Pricey Compared To Creapure
    Cellucor Performance Creatine – Creapure with extras, an extremely solid product albeit pricey, here are my thoughts.

Cor Creatine – So this product is basically Creapure, the highest quality creatine manufactured in Germany, so good and pure, its patented. There is a difference between Creapure and Creatine Monohydrate, as most Monohydrates (specifically those manufactured in China) may be contaminated with impurities such as of lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium - which you would typically want to avoid ingesting. If the label doesn't specifically state Creapure, chances are you are getting the cheap Chinese Creatine, so that is one major advantage for Cor. Per one scoop, you get 5gs of Creapure (the recommended dose for Creatine maintenance daily) along with some electrolytes to keep you hydrated, 1.25gs of Betaine Anhydrous (for the synergetic effects that can be had when consumed w/ creatine), some phosphates that apparently help with absorption, and finally, 125mgs of Cinnamon Bark Extract (insulin sensitivity, also helps w/ absorption). So basically you get your daily dose of creatine w/ betaine, electrolytes, and ingredients to help w/ absorption. No added flavoring, no filler, 50 servings per tub, Solid profile.

My Experience – I ran this product for exactly 6 weeks. For the first week I took 2 scoops, 1 in the first thing in the morning pre workout, 1 around 2pm – as a sort of "pre-load". The bottle recommends a loading phase of 4 scoops for the first 5 days, but I am patient, so saw no extra benefit for doing this. Creatine works once it has hit saturation within the body, and saturation will occur whether you load or choose not to - loading will only get you there quicker. So based on my dosing schedule, I feel I was able to feel the effects of the creatine around the end of week 2, beginning of week 3. I had an increased work capacity in the gym, with gains in strength and endurance - I was able to hit extra reps on heavy sets, and added in a couple extra sets to my workouts. It did not give me the strength gains that Green Magnitude did (another top rated creatine product), but did seem to have more of an impact on overall endurance.
    One good note about this creatine, was that I never experienced any bloat, often associated with creapure. Even on days when I was not able to get the recommend 1-2 gallons of water, I never felt bloated or full. I attribute this to the absorption ingredients within the product, as they seemed to do their job quite proficiently.

Taste/Mixability – Eh, probably the least attractive aspect behind this product. The Mixability was iffy, as there were often extra granules left over after mixing, even if I mixed the product for 30 seconds. Way too long to be spent mixing a supp IMO lmao. In all seriousness, the issue of it never dissolving completely was easily solved by adding in another splash of water, and slamming it down. The taste was pretty plain, a slight Cinnamon aftertaste, a little tart, but nothing unbearable, and was nothing that would deter me from using the product again.

Price – I got this product from allstarhealth, on a special, for 29 bucks, plus free shipping on the entire order. If you can find a deal like this, or often it goes on sale as BOGO, I would recommend giving it a go. However, as of this morning, I could only find it for around 39 bucks, which in my opinion is just asking for too much. You can buy a 500 serving tub of Creapure for like 20 bucks, which would probably give the same results as this. However, the convenience and added absorption ingredients make this product worth trying. Buy it if you find it on sale, I am sure you won't regret it.

Conclusion – Cellucor's Creatine is a good product. Creatine is one of the only supplements in the entire industry proven to get results. In Cellucor's Creatine, you get the best form of Creapure, without the bloat, and with some other goodies that make this one of the best Creatine products on the market. Instead of getting fancy with different bonded forms of Creatine and whatnot, this product sticks with that which is proven. A bit on the pricey side, but with all the other high priced BS supps in the industry, I would venture to state that this product would be worth it. In conclusion, I am confident in my claim that this is the best creatine product I have run to date, and feel confident giving it my personal recommendation.

December 29, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Dyes
    • Might Need Two Tubs
    Cellucor was so nice to provide the reviewers with their new cor performance line, specifically the creatine. Special thanks to Mike at cellucor.

How I ran it: This is about as simple as it gets. 5g post workout. My preworkout was a creatine based product.

Ingredients: This isn't your father's creatine. It does have the proven 5g amount of Creapure. However, it has added phosphates, Betaine and Cinnulin for absorption and uptake. I love the fact there are no fillers and only straight up active ingredients.

Stack: Used a variety of supplements while on this creatine, given 50 servings it lasted a while.

My Routine: As many of you know my routines are based on supersets, dropsets and monster sets.

Effectiveness 9: I have tried many different forms of creatine and have always has the best success with mono, specifically Creapure. Perhaps because it is the Cadillac of creatine in my eyes. But I like what they did with this product by adding in the extras to provide additional enhancements to an already great Creapure product. As far as effectiveness, it simply works. Solid strength gains within 10-14 days. I ran the loading phase as recommended which was four 5g servings for the first 5 days. Core lifts increased on bench, squat and deadlift.

One of the other items I noticed was an increased recovery rate. Soreness was not as pronounced during the creatine cycle. Additionally, it noticed that once I cycled off, I was able to retain most the strength. My weight increased, but not significantly due to water. This is another positive reaction to the product, I did not have that bloated feeling.

Taste N/A: terrible, but it is unflavored mono, no fillers. It tastes bad, it mixes poorly, and did I mention it tastes terrible. But that isn't a negative of the product.

Value 7 At roughly $30 on many mainstream websites, this suffers from being priced at a premium given other Creapure products. However it delivers solid results.

Conclusion 8: this product gets the bladeski seal of approval, however it does cost a premium compared to other similar products.

December 22, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Dyes
    • No Hidden Ingredients
    • Taste A Little Rough
    Special thanks to Cellucor reps for extending a rather generous offer to the ER crew. They sure know how to make good impressions.

That aside, I will admit I was somewhat skeptical of using Cor Creatine. Not because of the effectiveness, but because of the bloat. I've had good experience with creatine in general, but save for kre-alkaline all have bloated me up pretty good. Last thing I wanted was to put on some good weight, only to *** it all away as soon as I was through with the product. Oh, & the "unflavoured" flavour was a bit worrisome.

PROFILE: A+

Simple profile, but effective nonetheless. Aside from the gold standard Creapure®, you get Creasorbâ„¢ to help with absorption, various electrolytes, Cinnulin PF® & Betaine Anhydrous. One proven form of creatine monohydrate, ingredients to help in absorption, & various ingredients to help in performance makes up the ingredient profile for Cor Creatine.

No proprietary blends, no fluff ingredients, no fuss. What more could you really ask for?

MIXABILITY: B+

Mixability wasn't tricky at all; in cold water you had some issues & in room temp water it mixed rather well. Most of the issues were some grit in cold water & slight foaming issues. Beyond that nothing major & you could even mix it in with a spoon.

TASTE: F

Taste doesn't matter to the hardcore users, but to the rest of us mortals it does. Those being said don't be fooled by the label "Unflavoured." It has a flavour: crap. It's rather horrid on its own, & weaker minds will be turned off by it. So, unless you want to test your "hardcore-ness" I don't suggest mixing this on its own in water.

My personal favourite was cranberry juice. The Cor Creatine toned the tartness of cranberry juice down rather nicely (though I love the tartness), & it mixed in rather well. Gatorade was hit & miss with the different flavours, & you hardly noticed it with chamomile tea. Best thing to would be to throw it in with your pre-workout supplement or post-workout shake...unless you're harder than Dracula's coffin nail.

EFFECTIVENESS: A

I typically dosed Cor Creatine 1 scoop pre-workout & 1 post-workout, depending on what my pre-workout was. If it had creatine (more times than not), I did skip the pre-workout scoop. I was consistent with the post-workout serving though.

On off days it was 1 serving either first thing AM or last thing in the evening.

I did use a loading phase, 20g for 5 days.

Overall, I really like what Cor Creatine did for me. Strength was good, & improved in some aspects. I've been chasing a 300lb bench press for some time now & right before I kissed a certain gym chain good-bye I had gotten closer than I ever have. I was dealing with a lower back injury for most of the run, but my strength didn't dip as much. I still hit my usual numbers, & while I felt like crap squatting & deadlifitng my speed wasn't affected so much. I just felt slow as dirt. Take that as you will, but I was really surprised in that respect.

I managed to put on some decent size during this run too. My weight wasn't affected much, if at all, but my pants began to fit a tad better &shirts got tight in the right places (I'm talking yoke). This was nice, though I ripped through some of my favourite shirts taking them off. Now, these shirts were somewhat tight to begin with, but now they're officially too small.

Now to my biggest worry: bloat. I've used creatine ethyl-ester, kre-alkaline, & Creapure® (via Size-On Max Performance). With all but the kre-alkaline I bloated up really good. I looked puffy, felt puffy, & lost most of the weight gain in the following month. I experienced no bloat whatsoever from Cor Creatine & my weight form then to now have not changed. Furthermore, shirts still choke my yoke. In the words of Charlie Sheen: WINNING

VALUE: A

Cor Creatine runs around $30 for 50servings (+/- $.60 per serving) from a good number of retailers. At 5g per day a tub will last you around than two months, 10g will last just under one month. Still, not bad considering how well it worked for me.

OVERALL: A

I thoroughly enjoyed Cellucor's Cor Performance Creatine. No bloat, good gains, good value, wins all around.

December 21, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Dyes
    • No Hidden Ingredients
    • Minimal Water Retention
      Its gonna be hard following up after all the previous expert reviews on this creatine, but I'll give it my best shot. This is the first creatine I've supplemented with aside from things like preworkouts and postworkouts.

Dosing:
      I'm a pretty light guy and I've read around that all you need to stay saturated is about 3g of creatine monohydrate. The scoop in here holds 8.2 grams of powder containing

5g Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
      1.25g of Betaine Anhydrous
      1.77g Creasorb Blend
      125mg of Cinnullin PF

I typically used just one scoop a day, but on a rare occasion I would use 1.5 scoops. I always took it after my workout except for when I used Aftershock which was for the first week or so that I had this. I always drank at least 1 gallon of water every day.

I'm not sure if there are actually many products out there that deserve a 10/10 but this was pretty darn close. Like I stated earlier, this was the first creatine I've used regularly and it wielded great results. I was doing 5x5 and I feel like it really helped me keep on progressing. It also helped me for when I had to lift in my gym class after doing my workout in the morning. My muscles weren't as fatigued as they had been before using creatine. Unfortunately, I can't really say it helped much with soreness recovery because I was using some recovery-based postworkouts and I allot most of my recovery to them. During my use of this product, my bench press 1rm increased about 10lbs, my squat 1rm increased about 50lbs, and my overhead press 1rm increased about 5-10lbs. I'm not sure how much my deadlift increased, but I'm sure it followed suit. Its been a little while since I finished my bottle, and I moved on to see what Con-cret was all about. I feel like it held a little bit of water but I never felt "puffy" like some people claim when using creatine mono. When I switched, I felt a little more defined than I did with Cellucor, while remaining on the same diet.

Taste/Mixability: 7/10
      The only downside I noticed with this product was the mixability and the salty aftertaste. Most of the powder mixed well aside from small, salty particles that settled to the bottom of my bottle. The taste and mixability are easily overlooked by how well the actually product worked.

I felt like this was a pretty good deal. I got around 45 servings out of the container although most of the other reviewers only received 25 due to using 2 scoops so it just depends on how you dose it. It costs about $30 for 50 scoops on BB.com. The way I dosed it, I ended up paying about 66 cents per serving.

I thought this was a great creatine, and am glad it was my first to use. I noticed increased endurance and strength with minimal water retention. On top of all this, it isn't too expensive like other cellucor products. I highly recommend this creatine will definitely be returning back to this product after I try out green mag and finish my bottle of Con-cret. This is no magical muscle -optimizing swole serum, but it is definitely a key to a good bulking stack.