Cor-Performance CLA Reviews

By: Cellucor

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
Cor-Performance CLA is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by Cellucor. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; Cellucor did not participate)
  May 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Take Extra Serving To Meet Recommended Dosages

Before I start I would like to thank Clipper83 for giving me this opportunity to review COR Performance CLA. This was my very first time using CLA, I wanted to see if I wanted to add it to a cutting stack later on in the year before a meet. During the time I used COR Performance CLA I did a mini-cut meaning calorie restrictions, extra cardio, cutting supplementation, etc... According to the bottle this is supposed to support weight loss, reduce body fat and maintain lean muscle.

The ingredient profile is transparent and features one main ingredient - Conjugated Linoleic Acid 1600 mg. CLA is an essential fatty acid that has been proven to reduce body fat, increase bone density, enhance immunity in animal studies. However research has been inconsistent with humans taking CLA to achieve these benefits. One of those researched studies can be found here - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12173945

All hope is not lost although studies have been found to be inconsistent you can still get some benefits. One of these benefits is energy, while on a diet/cut you may experience low energy levels. Adding some extra fat that has a very low caloric count during a diet can increase the energy some.

Taste - None as they are in softgel form.

Dosing - Take one serving (2 softgels) two-three times a day. I took 2 softgels two times a day with my meals - 22.5 day cycle. It is suggested with research that you should take 3.2-6.4 grams per day when using. With the two servings I was getting 3.2 g per day so I was hitting the recommended dosage. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4429457/

As I noted above this was my first time trying CLA and wanted to know if I should add this to my supplementation for a cut I'm planning to do later this year. During this mini-cut experiment I was on a calorie restricted diet (low carb/fat), fasted cardio in the morning, and this was the only weight loss/cutting supplement I was taking. At the end of the mini-cut I went from 207.3lbs down to 202.8 so almost 5lbs all while maintaining my strength for the most part. Its very hard to tell if COR Performance CLA attributed at all to my weight loss. The only noticeable aspect of effectiveness was the extra energy as I was feeling sluggish on the diet. Otherwise it was very hard to tell if something was happening - no feeling/noticeable effects.

The cheapest value I could find was on AllStarHealth for $10.39 (90 count). One serving (two softgels) will cost you around .12 or .24 cents if you want to get the minimum daily recommended dosage. At .24 cents the bottle will last you around 22.5 days - when compared to similar priced CLA supplements your getting the daily recommended CLA however it won't last you a full month. I can't compared effectiveness from this product to others as this was my first time using CLA.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In all I'm pretty mixed on using CLA for my upcoming cut later this year, I'm leaning toward no right now. It was hard to tell if there was any effectiveness outside of some extra energy and the research isn't great. At least you're getting the recommended dosage however its only going to last you 22.5 days - not a full month. Do I recommend trying COR Performance CLA? The jury is out there and some people have seen/noticed fat loss effects. I just don't see enough to to buy another bottle unfortunately. Thanks again to Clipper83 from sending this out from his bounty list and once again thanks to SupplementReviews.

• bzyczek
    May 18, 2018

It takes 3 months to see the results from this product ... I personally am a big fan of CLA ... I recommend this read on CLA and other ingredients that work in synergy ... https://proteinfactory.com/fucoxanthin-supplement/