COR Performance Beta BCAA Reviews

By: Cellucor

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
COR Performance Beta BCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

9.5
  March 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Great Off Day Recovery
  • Prevents Muscle Breakdown Severity
  • Good Versatility
  • Unique Formula
  • Too Sweet
Hey guys, Torpi reporting once again :) Its new shinny morning here in Slovakia, so I decided that before I will go to work I am going to submit an another review on one of my favorite pre/intra NO-BCAA product. It is of course B-BCAA from Cellucor.

Ingredient Profile - 9,5/10

The first thing I like about B-BCAA is that there arent any proprietary blends and amouth of every ingredient is listed :))) For all you guys, who watched my previous reviews you allready know that I am a big fan of NO-boosting products, either pre or intra workout. So when I was looking for the substitute for my BSN Amino X, which back then were my top favorite aminos, B-BCAA seemed to be the right choice for me.

Serving size - 1 scoop (11.4g - lemon lime)
Servings per container - 30

L-Leucine - 2.5g
Citrulline Malate - 2g
Beta Alanine - 1.6g
L-Isoleucine - 1.25g
L-Valine - 1.25g
a-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA) - 0.75g

The other thing I like is that the formula of B-BCAA is quite simple and straightforward, yet very effective. There arent any unnecessary ingredients, only the most effective and most studied ones. I mean, in each serving you will get 5g of BCAA, 2g of C-M, 1.6g of B-A and l-Leucine metabolit - HICA - which should primarily help you to promote your recovery. Of course it lacks some ingredients which I would like to see there, however, I am very pleased that Cellucor puts the right amouth of each ingredient, instead of giving you 10+ various types of ingredients in "dusty" amouths per scoop.

Taste - We all know that Cellucor dont mess with the flavours. I had all three flavours and my personal favorite was Tropical Punch. Lemon-lime and especially Watermelon were quite strong and I had to dilute them with more water. Overall 9/10.

Mixability - 10/10 - Mixes perfectly, no issues here :)

Dosing - 1 scoop pre with my PWO and 1 scoop intra

Effectiveness - 9,5/10 - I have to say that B-BCAA are alongside iForces Compete and ME AmiNO Flow the best intra-workout supplement I have used. However, there are some minor differences between them, especially between B-BCAA and Compete. Compete was slightly better in promoting endurance and overall performance in the gym. However, B-BCAA were more...I would say versatile. Of course they increased my endurance in the gym, but they also helped me significantly with recovery. We all know that feeling, when your muscles are starting to sore during the workout and you could not perform as well as you want to, especially on leg days. With B-BCAA I experienced that I was able to ofset the muscle fatigue a little better than with other aminos i have used before. Beta Alanine in conjuction with Citrulline definitelly done their job here. I was able to push myself to make those last extra few reps, even if they were partial ones.

Value 9/10 - B-BCAA are generally quite expensive. But once again, I was lucky enough, because I purchased them as a promo stack (buy 2 get 1 free). So 3 tubs cost me aroud 40 Euro...quite nice bargain dont you think? ;)

Side Effects - Nothing significant. Only with lemon-lime flavour I have noticed that I pee slightly more during the workouts but nothing serious really.

Conclusion - The versatility of the product. That is what I always look for when it comes to purchasing new supplements to my stack. B-BCAA are no doubt one of the most versatile products on the market. You can use it pre, intra, post or even during the day to promote your recovery. I sipped all 3 tubs during cca 1 month (it was in hot, sunny july). However, some people maybe would not like the BA tinglings during their workout. For them, it would be best to use B-BCAA as a pre workout additive to their current stim-based PWO, or use them separatelly if they dont want to use stims pre. All in all I was very pleased with this product and I recomend it to everyone, not only to us lifters, but also to more performance-enhancing athletes.

Overall
Overall
9.7
9.6
  December 27, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Pumps
  • Beta-alanine
  • Great Intra Recovery
  • Unique Formula
  • A Bit Pricey

I was one of the very first to get this a few years back and recorded one of our most popular reviews as a result. Re-visiting the video, let's take a look at what my thoughts and ratings on the product were then and even compare it to the numerous products I've tried since then.

Ingredient Profile 9.5/10

The ingredient profile for Cellucor's COR Beta BCAA was on of the best that I had seen when it was released, and impressively, over 2 years later, I still regard it as one of the most well rounded products that you can buy in the category. It was one of the first products to include HICA in the blend which has continued to show promise for increasing endurance performance, and they have it at the clinically researched amounts to boot. There have been a few other products more recently to take note and add it as well, but this was the first product to do so. Another thing I liked is that you can get the full 3.2g beta alanine, saving you from having to supplement it separately. Unfortunately, this is a sweet inclusion, but with nearly every pre-workout and many intras having it in their for the lactic acid buffering properties as well, it isn't as unique as it used to be. BCAA wise, it has the classic 2:1:1 ratio, so no complaints and they don't try and fix what isn't broken. Overall, a very well rounded, simple and fully disclosed ingredient profile.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 9.8/10

The competitive nature of BCAA flavoring has been increasing even more so since the release of this product, however, the Lemon Lime is still one of the best tasting amino acid products I've tried. It tastes like Lemon Lime Gatorade powder which has been a personal favorite of mine for years and the watermelon is among the best I've had for that flavor. Mixability wise, this has also been something that companies have been addressing for years as traditionally, leucine is a touch product to get to fully mix, however, this stuff never had that issue. Most products these days will never leave the user knowing the dreaded foamy, floating amino mixing days, but this was one of the first I had tried to mix so smoothly.

Effectiveness 9.6/10

I've always responded well to beta alanine and amino acids, but for some reason, this product seemed to really stand out if terms of performance. It could be that the initial impression was that this was the first time I had tried a product that combines aminos, beta alanine and HICA into one package, but for whatever reason, performance really seemed to increase noticeably. Endurance and recovery were great as expected with such a product. There have been quite a few products since this one that I've tried and had a great experience with, but nonetheless, this product made a great impression right off the bat.

Value 8.5/10

I love the formula for this product, however I did have to deduct some points as to get the clinically validated dosages of the key ingredients, you have to use 2 scoops instead of just 1. At first glance, $30 per container for 30 scoops seems reasonable, but when you realize that it will be only 15 servings if taking for the full dosage, that changes things, essentially making it $2 per serving. The ingredients were high quality, but the $2/serving price point puts a big dent in an otherwise great product.

Conclusion 9.7/10

This is still one of the better and premium intra-workout product formulations out there, though there has been quite a few product released since it's initial release that match it very well and even improve on it. Updated versions including ones with agmatine, nootropics, etc have shown up on the scene, but I consider this to have been a game changing pioneer for the evolution of the intra-workout category. Solid from the get go, but I'm curious to see if they end up making any updates on the formula to stay up to date.

-AP

August 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Intra Recovery
  • Good Versatility
  • Taste Is A Bit Too Strong
Today I wanted to review a product I seemingly keep coming back to when I need a great BCAA product or stim-free alternative prior to working out. The profile of Cellucor's new COR Series BCAA is phenomenal and I've had very positive experiences running through several of these tubs.

PROFILE -------------- (9)

As I mentioned, this 30-serving BCAA profile is great; very simple, yet effective. You'll find the tried and true 2:1:1 Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine ratio along with some other goodies normally found in today's more popular preworkouts. The inclusion of beta-alanine (1.6g) and citrulline malate (2g) are great for this kind of product. The only downfall generated, however, is needing 2 scoops to get the clinical doses of each ingredient, which I'll touch on more in the value section. COR Series BCAA also includes 1.5g of HICA (α-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid) per scoop. Supported studies of HICA suggest increases in muscle size and decreased symptoms of training-induced muscle soreness, a must when it comes to intraworkout and recovery aids like BCAAs.

TASTE/MIXABILITY -------------- (8)

I've gone through 2 tubs each of the Lemon Lime and Tropical Punch flavors. And while Cellucor managed to nail down the taste, they can often times be very tart. If you attempt to mix this with anything else, just know this BCAA's flavor will more than likely take over. Not really a huge deal, just something to note. Mixability issues were also virtually nonexistent, though other BCAA powders tend to take a while to dissolve. Good on all fronts.

EFFECTIVENESS -------------- (8)

Cellucor has a great product here, mostly due to its versatility. I took this two different ways. The first being strictly as a stim-free preworkout when cycling off stims. Throw a little bit of creatine into it and you got yourself a great preworkout that will ensure muscle recovery and endurance. The other way I enjoyed running this was with Optimum's Platinum PRE. If you've checked out my review on that, you'll know I'm a huge fan. It's almost as if these two products were made for each other. As was mentioned in the profile section, this product only contains half of the clinically effective dosages of ingredients. However, throw in a scoop of this and ON's PRE and boom, effective doses of each as PRE's profile per scoop also contains the same half amounts of ingredients. Loved these 2 when stacked together as they provided optimal energy, focus and recovery. Rarely would I feel fatigued between sets and always looked forward to the next one.

VALUE -------------- (7)

Sorry to say but this stuff is not cheap. Costing anywhere around $40 for a BCAA is pretty expensive per 30 servings. Coupled by the fact that 2 scoops is required for the clinical dosages of each ingredient and you're looking at over $2.66/serving. Sure you're getting great ingredients but comparable and far more inexpensive offerings are out there.

CONCLUSION -------------- (8)

Despite my feelings or concern about the price, you can still get great workouts and recovery with this product using one scoop and maximizing your dollar. I highly suggest mixing this with a scoop of PRE or your other favorite preworkouts that may require additional scoops for effective ingredient doses. This is certainly not a product to be slept on and I will continue to use this in my arsenal.

August 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Beta-alanine
  • A Bit Pricey
So this will be my first review with hopefully more to come. Constructive criticism is welcome lol.

Profile:9/10
Ingredient Profile is really good and not a prop blend which for me is a huge plus. Per scoop= 2.5g Leucine, 2g Citrulline Malate, 1.6g Beta Alanine, 1.25g IsoL, 1.25g Valine and .75g HICA.

I ran this product as an Intra during my training which is usually 3 hours long by the time I get through jiu jitsu,mma, wrestling or whatever is planned for that day. I had 2 shaker cups with 1 scoop in each shaker.

Mixabilty:9/10
Personally I think it mixes great compared to some of the other BCAA products I have used. I have FAR less foaming with the Cellucor BCAAs.

Taste:9/10
Taste comes down to personal preference but I have tried every flavor and will rate them as I liked them.
Lemon Lime 10/10
Watermelon 9/10
Tropical Punch 8/10

Effectiveness:9/10
I found this stuff worked great for what I was doing. For how long and intense the training is, I found myself with better endurance and keeping up strength towards the end of training which I say are because of the BA and Citrulline as an intra throughout training.

Since I train 5 days a week and use 2 scoops each day I run through these containers in about 3 weeks. I usually find this product for 29.99 which isnt horrible but I do only use it 5 days a week and only get 3 weeks so its not great neither.

Overall:9/10
It did exactly what I wanted it to do and then some so I cant complain about the price and definately recommend it to everyone that I train with or anyone who does the type of training that I do.

May 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Beta-alanine
  • Great For Cutting Weight
  • A Bit Pricey
I love my BCAA products when cutting. When I cut, I normally cut out pre-workouts as well. So when I look for a BCAA product, I look for one with a little extra to act as a pre-workout. I saw Cellcor BCAA and picked it up at a local store.

Working out in the fasted state (mornings) cardio and weight training, using one scoop pre workout, and one during (intra workout)

Price/Value: Kinda expensive, let's be honest. A ton of BCAA products are expensive when you tap into the "performance" type, so that's expected. But for 30 servings, at around $40 I just felt like it was a tad bit expensive. I realize you can get this on Amazon for $32 for a 30 day serving, which isn't awful, but it's still not that cheap for how many servings you get. Still cheaper then Purp Wraath, but you get less servings with this. So I don't know how to feel about that.

Taste: Tastes damn good, got the lemon lime flavor. Might be a bit strong for some people, just add more water, easy fix.

Effectiveness: Again I work out fasted so I like to have BCAAS to help me through my workouts, but I also wanted a good boost in energy. The beta alanine really had me itching (which I love), through the entire tub. Usually the tingles wear off fast in products with BA, but I felt the tingles every time with this. Got energy each time, could power through my workouts fasted. What more can I say, seems like it did it's job.

Overall: It is a bit more expensive then some other performance BCAA products on the market. The BCAA profile per serving scoop seems pretty low too compared to just straight up BCAA products (which is understandable I suppose) - but it did give me great energy that I needed to kick some ass in fasted workouts. So it worked great for my needs, just didn't like the price. I'm going to try Purple Wrath next before I decide whether or not to make this my go-to performance BCAA product.

May 1, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Pumps
  • Great For Cutting Weight
  • Helps Endurance
  • Prevents Muscle Breakdown Severity
  • A Bit Pricey
Ok, I just want to say first off that I typically don't take BCAA supplements because they are found in my whole food and protein powder in abundance. However, when cutting weight (notice i said cutting, not long term fat loss) or going into a caloric deficit such as fasting, BCAA supplements can save your muscle tissue from breakdown from these physically strenuous processes. To cut weight for fights with the aid of BCAAs, I add 6-8 scoops of this brand in specific to each gallon of water. I will typically cut carbs and sodium to a minimum 6-7 days before weigh ins to reduce water retention and do more cardio while on an intermittent fasting diet. 4 days from weigh in I will drink 2 gallons of the BCAA infused distilled water per day for 2 days, this is called "water loading". This will trigger the brain to cease production of ADH (Anti Diuretic Hormone) which makes the body get rid of water at a highly accelerated rate. 2 days before weigh in, you cut water consumption to 1 gallon, which your body will be processing as 2 gallons, and you will begin to dehydrate. The day before weigh in, no food, no water and very light warm ups to sweat out every last drop. Then you go to sleep, which you will lose 1/2-2 pounds through respiration. Then you weigh in, and sip pedialyte. Obviously your body can lose a lot of those hard earned gains this way, so a nice BCAA will help you not look and feel like a marathon runner while you have a guy elbowing you in the face. This supplement, I have found, works best for me in this department, here is my review:

-Ingredient profile: 9/10
L-Leucine 2.5g
Citrulline Malate 2.0g
Beta Alanine 1.6g
L-Isoleucine 1.25g
L-Valine 1.25g
A-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA) 0.75g "
** Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Calcium A-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #5, And FD&C Blue #1.
Contains Soy.

It would get a 10 out of 10 if it had some essential amino acids. The addition of beta alanine, citrulline malate and hica really make this product stand out

-Taste: 9/10
The lemon lime is my favorite, I add 6-8 scoops per gallon, which gives me a little more incentive to push through those gallons, which can become tedious. I have tried Purple Wraath, Modern BCAA, Xtend and ON BCAA powder. This is slightly better tasting than Modern BCAA, but in a more sour and potent way. More like Gatorade lemon lime. A close second to Xtend watermelon. It's hard to find a good BCAA that isn't slightly bitter, and this does it for me.

-Effectiveness: 10/10
With citrulline malate, beta alanine and hica, plus a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA, for my purposes, there is none better. I only use these on a cut due to my protein powders having plenty of not only BCAAs but essential and conditional amino acids. This prevents my muscles from breaking down (as much) while giving me energy and a nice recovery while not feeling as sluggish and having the muscular endurance of a holocaust survivor the day of competition. The HICA and beta alanine helps with intra workout and recovery, and gives me a lite "sting" throughout the day. This stuff is a little better than your average BCAA for athletes that cut weight, plus it adds ZERO calories to your diet.

-Value: 7/10
I knew it was too good to be true. You can catch these on sale for 39.99 plus tax and shipping on bodybuilding.com, which is not a deal at all. These are a high quality product, but go into psychogenic shock every time I'm about to cut because of the markup on these. Worth it for its effects, but it's almost just as worth it to make it rain 35 bucks on a stripper and get a 5 dollar drink instead. Throw in the fact that this can be doubled as a more natural preworkout if you use 2-3 scoops in 16 ounces of water, and this edges out the night at the strip club.

I don't know about you marathon runners or gym rats, but for anything with a weight class this stuff is the best I've come across. Plus with the addition of citrus line malate, beta alanine and hica help with recovery and give a slight boost of energy when coupled with the BCAAs themselves. Before I discovered these, cutting weight was a little worse on my muscular endurance on competition day, so there really isn't a price you can put on success or confidence after a brutal cut. This can also be used as a regular BCAA supplement as well, so this really is for anybody. Go out and buy this, and tell peaches at the club you are broke.

March 24, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Beta-alanine
  • A Bit Pricey
Hey all, I'm reviewing the Lemon Lime flavor from Cellucor.

The ingredient profile is pretty attractive, and though I normally take Xtend or Amino Energy, however while on a trip I left them at home and was forced to buy this product from GNC.

Taste (9)- This product has an amazing taste, I enjoyed drinking it during the day at work, as well as during my workouts. You could really feel the beta alanine.

Mix-ability (10)- As with most bcaa's, this product mixed extremely easy and does not require a shaker cup to do so. It does tend to settle a bit, but I just give it a single shake and then sip.

Effectiveness (9)- This is a very solid product and I will definitely buy it again. Though it can be a bit expensive if not on sale, it is very effective in helping me get through workouts and fight fatigue. Due to my older age, I find it very difficult to determine how effective it is in recovery, but the results are similar to the other bcaa's I have taken.

Overall, this is a very solid product. I workout 4 days a week and I go very hard every workout. I would recommend this product if you can find it at a reasonable price, or only use it for workouts. I would like to have more servings in these bcaa's.

November 27, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Enhanced Pumps
  • Beta-alanine
  • Too Sweet
Hey folks, so I have not done a review in a super long time, but this was worth it, so here it is.

I have tried many BCAA products, from USP to Xtend, and other not so known companies. I love products from Cellulor because they tend to make good staples of products.

VALUE 8/10 - I got this at GNC while it was on sale for $30. You get 30 servings per container, and its only 1 scoop per serving with 8-10oz of water. Pretty straight forward and about $1 a serving.

DIRECTIONS 10/10 - Pretty straight forward. 1 Scoop mixed with water. Dissolves pretty well without a gritty texture. Tastes fantastic too. A bit too sweet for my taste. Use it as an intra workout drink.

INGREDIENTS:
L-Leucine 2.50 g
Citrulline Malate 2.00 g
Beta Alanine 1.60 g
L-Isoleucine 1.25 g
L-Valine 1.25 g
a-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid (HICA) 0.75 g

Pretty straight forward

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10 - Loved loved love this product. Where it shined the most was next day muscle soreness was ether non-existent or very minimal. It aids with recovery fantastically. Also I would mix one scoop of ON Mono Creatine unflavored, it would mix the taste well, which helped with my endurance.

Also since it contains beta alanine I mixed it with Jack3d Micro and it helped with small pumps and intensity.

OVERALL 9/10 - It works. It tastes good and it rocks on recovery and energy. Try it for yourself you will not be disappointed hands down.

October 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Beta-alanine
  • A Bit Pricey
First review so bare with me, I decided to give Cellucor's new BCAA product after it was released. I've enjoyed other cellucor products like C4 and Super HD even though the price tag can be ridiculous at times.

USP labs MBCAA has been my go to bcaa for a while and the profile on Cellucor's BCAA is different. Cellucor has added 3.2g of beta-alanine to the mix along with HICA and citrulline mallate. Im actually using this as a pre/intra-workout supplement since its free of the heavy stimulants in your traditional pre-workout.

Taste (9)

--------------

The one thing that struck right from the beginning was the taste of this product. I had the lemon lime flavor which was impressive. I looked forward to taking this every day. You can easily mix one scoop in up to 24 ounces of water and have an amazing taste. I wouldnt really mix it with anything less than 16 oz because the taste gets a little bitter.

--------

Effectiveness (8)

-------

The recovery time on this was incredible. The label says to take 1-2 scoops daily but I never needed more than one even on leg days to recover. Soreness definitely was down. Also I noticed the beta-alanine and citrullane mallate kick in during the workout. The citrullane mallate i believe aided in the pump i would get at times.

Value (7)

--------------

At 39.99 full retail for 30 one scoop servings at most in-store retailers it isnt necessarily the cheapest BCAA product out there. I feel the added kick in beta alanine and citrrulane mallet helps with pumps a little. If your not tight on a spending budget i would definitely recommend this product.

---------

Mixabilty (10)

-----------

Unlike USP labs MBCAA which when you mix it you get alot of flakes due to the high amounts of leucine this product mixes easily. Doesn't leave any flakes and doesnt accrue at the bottom of your container.

OVERALL, this is a pretty solid product I believe. I feel like i will be switching between this and MBCAA for a while to come. I haven't tried XTEND yet so I can't really say anything on that one. Very pleased with cellucor once again.

October 15, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Coolest Tub Ever
  • Taste Is A Bit Too Strong
A special thanks to Cellucor and the ER program for letting me try this product. If you have been following my log, you would know that I have been using this product for several weeks now, and if you actually read my log you would know that I have thoroughly enjoyed this product. I finished my first tub last week, and although I am only halfway through my second tub, I couldn't wait to review this.

Cellucor finally decided to make their own BCAA product. It seems they decided to make this more of a performance blend. I am still logging this and other Cellucor products so go check out my log if you haven't already. I must say before I go on, the tubs are pretty cool looking. The rubber lid makes it seem more "hardcore", doesn't make or break the product in anyway, but still something to note.

Ingredient Profile:9.5/10
No prop. blend is an instant +.
1 scoops provides the following:
2.5g Leucine
2g Citrulline Malate
1.6g Beta-Alanine
1.25g Isoleucine
1.25g Valine
0.75g HICA

I won't go over the basics here, because I'm sure we all know about BCAAs,BA, and CM. It's a 2:1:1 blend of BCAAs, which doesn't matter to me as long as it works. The HICA is interesting though. I won't go over any study on HICA, but I will say it is dosed at the studied amount when you take 2 servings.

Dosage:9/10
I took one scoop pre, and one scoop intra. This is prob. the most effective way to take this. I highly recommend taking 2 scoops on workout days, as this is the effective dosage of each ingredient. I would give this a 10 if everything was in 1 scoop.

Taste/Mixability:9/10
This mixed almost as good as Xtend, very mild foam, and next to nothing floating around. I got all three flavors. I will rate each one.
Lemon Lime-10/10
Watermelon-8/10
Tropical Punch-9/10

The Lemon-Lime is by far the best tasting BCAA I have had to date. Although a bit strong, I still enjoyed it till the last serving. Taste never got boring either. Watermelon was a bit too strong for me. It does taste good, but because the flavor was like having 10 watermelon jolly ranchers in your mouth all at once(it taste exactly like watermelon jolly ranchers). I had to constantly dilute it to avoid getting what I call a "flavor" stomach ache. The Tropical Punch is enjoyable, I would say it tastes like a mixture of their Pineapple C4 mixed with their Fruit Punch C4.

Effectiveness:9.4/10
This stuff works great. I noticed great intra workout recovery. Endurance was up, and I find myself in the gym a lot longer with plenty of energy left to keep going. This was much better to use than SizeOn as an intra. I also noticed much less soreness on off days. I broke several PRs(I will attribute this to several other products) while taking this, and not once did I actually feel like I hit a PR the second day. Although leg day will always make you sore, I never got to a point where I wouldn't be able to walk up or down stairs without holding onto the rail. That was awesome because I usually don't want to get up the day after an awesome leg workout, because even walking kills me. This is the most effective BCAA in terms of overall recovery I have used as of yet, it's even better than when I use to drink MBCAA throughout the day(I use to mix 4 scoops in a gallon jug and drink it throughout the day.

The citrulline and BA are great additions. These will enhance almost any pre-workout you mix this with. I noticed fairly increased pumps and very little lactic acid build-up during my workouts. Cellucor is onto something with taking BA intra.

Value:8/10
Honestly, we all know Cellucor is not the best when it comes to pricing. This is currently on sale for $29.99 on bb.com, but I am going to rate the original price at $39.99. This is not the worst when it comes to price, but when you take the full dosage(2 scoops), it will only last you 15 times. I def. recommend only taking this on workout days. I got 2 tubs handed to me, so I am enjoying them on off days as well, but if I were to buy these they would be strictly for workout days only. I workout after 4 days a week, so one tub wouldn't even last me a whole month. For the effectiveness, it is worth the money, but I would try to get this on sale. At $29.99 on sale, I would say these are at a 9/10 in value.

Overall:9.3/10
This is my new favorite BCAA product. It is a great performance blend, and works just as good, if not better than any BCAA blend I have ever used. The taste is a bit strong, and the value is not the best, but I find it to be worth every penny(almost). Besides the price, I have never had a bad experience with any Cellucor product, and this one is no different. I highly recommend this. Mix this with any pre-workout and I assure you it will only make that pre-workout better. Great job by Cellucor, let's just bring those prices down a small notch!

I usually hate reviews that are too long, but since I was the first to review this, I decided to go into extra detail.