CN3 G4 Reviews

By: Cellucor

ARTICLES
CN3 G4 is an Other Creatine Product manufactured by Cellucor. It can be in the form of creatine chelate, Ethyl Ester or Nitrate. These are different forms of creatine that may or may not be more effective than monohydrate.

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  November 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Underdosed Creatine
  • Taste
  • Dyes
Well maybe I am being a touch misleading but overall this is how I feel. Cellucor is a well liked brand here on SR.com. I appreciate cellucor giving me a opportunity to get my pump on though.

Profile
Its a not a bad profile. I already supplement with Vitamin C and it does really help with vascularity and pumps if taken on a daily basis. So I like seeing that added in with most pump products. Kalans really explained the profile on this product well, Please check his out for more details to this.
I feel that this product is like Kalans mentions, being that it maybe best used as an addition to other supplements that contain more creatine nitrate, which tons of preworkouts contain this as well. Anyway I feel this should have been a bit more that what was in it.

Taste 0
Seriously I feel Fruit punch should be banned. I can not stand this flavor, and its always one of the first one's done for a product like this. It is either too sweet or too weak. Very few ever get it right. This one was just too just strong and sweet. Heaven forbid you take two scoops, Drink it over the counter in case you puke!. Next is the DYES!. Good grief guys. I mean it is so RED that it stained the dang scooper. Do I really need that much red in my pumps? I look at it like this, When me and wife fuss over something and the issue should be dropped and over, we say " Are you done with this now? Because I am." And then we move on. So.... Are we done with Fruit punch and DYES? Because I am.

Well yes I did get a pump, but.... I normally do. Yes I feel this did aid in it. And yes my current program that I am on is not a huge volume workout so I know that plays a role as well. Now saying that, I did however play with this some to see if I could get skin tearing pumps. I would go in and hit arms and shoulders hard and hit the volume sets and yes I would get a pump. But again.. Who don't with this ? Now I like I said I did try 2 scoops here and there and it did help some, but nothing to make me want to choke down the two scoops of that fruit punch. I have others give me the same pump in just a Preworkout, so to say I was impressed. I was not. But I did get some nice muscle fullness that did seem to stick around for longer than normal so plus for that.

Well for 30 scoops that range anywhere from 23 - 30 bucks I do not see me racing to the store for this from the results I had. At two scoops this gets pretty pricey , I might feel different if I had tried a different flavor but seriously It effected it that much for me. Now from what I got from this and the price view and on top this basically being a vanity product I feel this is too rich for my blood.

Overall
Some pumps, Some endurance, Some muscle fullness, terrible taste. That is how I sum this up. I will add that I have no taken a Preworkout in over one month, so this and the alpha aminos is all I took during training days. Thank you Cellucor but lets drop the fruit punch/ tropical punch flavors and dyes.
  • Fruit punch: 2/10

6.6
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  October 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • GMP Facility
  • Solid Pumps
  • NO DYES Unflavored Only
  • Underdosed Creatine
Oh, won't you please take me home!!

Formula
CN3 packs a very simple profile to provide Strength from the Creatine and a Pump from the Nitrate + Vitamin C. I was happy to see Vitamin C included for this product as it contributes to NO, and it is at a solid dose of 500mg as 250 would work also. The Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T) is only at 3g, which means you are not going to get nearly enough creatine with this product alone but I feel this is designed to be added to one of Cellucor's MANY Pre-Workouts which already contain Creatine Nitrate even at the small dose of 1g. If you have gotten a pump with any of Cellucor's products containing NO3-T, chances are that this product will perform even greater for you do to the higher dose. Now I feel they kept this product too simple, as not to compete with the likes of a full blown Pump product but enough to set up itself against products like creagyn/noxigyn but yet doesn't mimic the ingredients at all. So this formula isn't as complete as I would like it, but does it work? It is only 3g, should I stack 2 scoops? These answers will be answered below.

I decided to get the UNFLAVORED version, because I didn't want to consume two different liquids Pre-Workout. While it is unflavored, it is still going to have a taste and in this case it is very bitter. If you decided to mix it in with something like I did, make sure you have a stronger flavored product because I was able to taste the bitterness a few times with different products. This is product is a bonded form of Creatine and Nitrates, while it is unclear what ratio it still mixes just as well as creatine with settling (very common and preferred). Dosing is rather simple, as you take 1 scoop Pre Training as the directions state. Now why can't you take 2 scoops? For one they direct not to, but also because this product isn't a direct replacement for you source of Creatine nor would I recommend it being. I only took this product on training days as directed and at 1 scoop each time. I always took it on my way to the gym, which is 15 minutes away and it kicked in as my pwo did so about 30 minutes works fine. It really depends on the amount of water you take with it and if you have eaten recently.

Effectiveness (8/10)
This is the most important factor, even if the formulation isn't what I would want in a pump product (being less complete). I tried this product in several different ways: alone with no other products, with Pre-Workouts containing no pump ingredients, with Pre-Workouts containing pump ingredients, and with carbs and/or BCAA's. In each of these trails I found it to be effective, but the most effective being with a Pre-Workout containing other Pump ingredients although coming in second with most complimentary effectiveness was Carbs and BCAA's. I have been having a Pre-Workout routine of having more carbs, which has helped me with my vasodilation. For those who don't know, the molecules of Carbs are larger in size which causes the increase of your veins giving the appearance of vascularity. Why is this important? The fact that increased blood flow allowing you to have the "fuel" aka oxygen readily available with those lifts, along with giving that area of muscle fibers more nutrients. This does give you a greater pump in those muscles, which coupled to the Nitrates in CN3 giving vasodilation due to an increase in NO production allowed me to reach a greater Pump.

What about strength? Well, with the greater blood flow you are able to feed those muscles better and "power" them more effectively coupled with the creatine giving some greater strength. Sadly we are not getting near enough Creatine with CN3 alone to have an effective dose, but if you stack this with any Pre-Workout containing 3g+ Creatine it should help you reach those goals. That being said I feel this is a product that you stack with other Cellucor products such as C4, but even then you would not reach the effective dosage of Creatine. Now this product is meant for training days, as are Pre-Workouts so you should be taking additional Creatine on the non-training days as well in any given scenario. If I was to rate the Strength level while using this product it would be lower than expected at a 5/10, which is sad because that is almost half the reason to take it! Now while rating the Pump I would rate it higher around 8.5/10, which is the reason I would take this product again.

Value (6.6/10)
On any given day you can pick this up for $30 with it being 45 servings, giving you a cost of $0.66 per serving! This is very high for me to even consider being it doesn't fully replace my creatine supplementation. Now being it is a new product they are running several specials like BOGO/BOGO Half Off etc, but we can't count on these prices lasting long so I will not rate the value based upon these. Now if you were lucky enough they were running a special to get CN3 free with a purchase of c4 a while back, which would be great to see again. I will mention that NO3-T is patented, which does add to the cost. Ironically enough my rating came to 6.6 which was not on purpose of matching the cost per serving..

Conclusion/Overall (7.2/10)
Would I recommend this product? Yes I would, but with the explanation that you should try to meet your creatine intake daily even on non-training days. I would also expect that you had more money to burn, because this is a costly product to stack with. Now the issue I am having while writing this review is that this formula should already be included in Cellucor's C4, while they give you 1g in the G4 series I feel it would be so much more effective given in the 3g dose contained in CN3 or even bumped up to 4g/5g. That being said it would definitely make C4 cost even more, which no one wants.. But with the recent releases of different C4's maybe they have this type of product planned in the future... Cellucor C4 PUMPED!

Sorry lava, no pictures this time ;)