CLK G4 Reviews

By: Cellucor

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
CLK G4 is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by Cellucor. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Overall
Overall
5.5
4.5
  January 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pretty Bottle
  • Quality Ingredients
  • 10 Day Supply

A BIG THANK YOU to Cellucor and SR.com for the TROOP program. Solid products wouldn't be discovered otherwise I believe. I wanted to try this product mainly because I had never tried a stimulant free fat burner, or anything stimulant free before. Diet wise I didn't change much. I still eat clean roughly 6 days a week. I allow Saturday afternoons to be the "splurge". I started a fat burner for the first time with the old OxyElite Pro and over the years I've taken a variety of fat burners and all of them have been stimulant based. I guess I was always scared that without stims it wouldn't work and I'm pretty sure my thinking was correct seeing as how I didn't lose any weight while taking it. I didn't gain any but that was pretty much the pattern before I took this product as well. I like to be able to "feel" that a product is working and without the stimulants I can't feel anything. Not saying it wasn't doing anything for me I'm saying I couldn't feel anything different. Super HD, by Cellucor, was the most recent fat burner I had taken so I was just comparing the two in my mind.

The good side to this is if you are stimulant sensitive, like my wife, you would benefit from taking this as a fat burner. The fact that there isn't caffeine or any other stimulants allows this to not to mess with your system like stimulants do. I let my wife try a serving (hope that's ok) mid way through to get her opinion on if I was missing something and she said she would consider this on her next cut for the simple fact that it didn't have any stimulants in it. Her stomach gets all kinds of messed up when she takes stimulant products so mostly everything she takes is stimulant free.

Per Serving:
1.7g's of CLA- CLA is a naturally occurring fatty acid found in meat and dairy products. It is also a popular dietary supplement that is sold with claims of helping people lose fat, maintain weight loss, retain lean muscle mass, and control type 2 diabetes -- the type of diabetes that is often associated with obesity
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate*- Carnitine tartrate is the supplement form of carnitine, a substance that plays a role in energy production.
Raspberry Ketones- aspberry ketone is a chemical from red raspberries (Rubus idaeus). It is most commonly used for weight loss and obesity. It is also used to increase lean body mass. Some people apply raspberry ketone to the scalp to improve hair growth.
Slimpro Protein Hydrolysates- a naturally derived ingredient that helps the body trigger the feeling of satiety to control appetite.*

There are 3 pills they want you to take twice a day. I took 3 pills at first to see the effect (if any) and then I upped it to 3 pills twice a day for six days a week. On Saturdays I didn't take them. All the pills smelled and taste like strawberry to me. Because of the coating I would burp up the strawberry smell/taste for a couple of hours after taking them

Like I said I didn't lose a pound but I didn't gain any either. Because there were no stimulants I couldn't feel anything either.

at $30-$40 a bottle for 20 days of products is a bit pricey for me. Especially when I can get something for me that I know works for the same or cheaper.

Side Effects

0 Side effects

Conclusion

Overall, I think it's a good product for the stimulant free athlete. It just wasn't for me. Like I stated before I need to "feel" the product working for me to actually believe it's doing it's job. Once again, a BIG SHOUTOUT to SR.com and Cellucor for letting me try this product. Hope this helps. Til next time.....

December 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • 10 Day Supply
Hey everyone time for another bignasty review. Now a HUGE thanks to Cellucor and the troop program for allowing me to review this. As some of you know I have had a problem in the past losing weight since i started lifting. Since I am always looking for an edge I always try something new and different. Most stimulant based fat burners have not done much at all, So this should be interesting.

Ingredient Profile=8

CLA: 1.7 grams, I used to go with 2 grams a day and some people have taken more than that. But at least they tried to put in a good amount here. just a bit short of 2g. It would have been nice.

STIMULANT FREE TONING BLEND: 1014mg : ( a prop blend,

L-CARNITINE TARTRATe: ? Well most People know this is one of my favorite supplements. So many benefits but only at a high amount of minimum of 1g per day. Unfortunately due to this prop blend im not sure how much is in this.

RAZBERI-K RASPBERRY KETONES: ? Most studies show best amount to be 100-200mg but again its a blend so i cant tell.

SLIMPRO: ? This one is new to me and I had to look it up, its a fish protein extract that is supposed to help regulate food intake. Thats interesting as I believe I have never had anything like it before.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing= 8

Its a soft gel so no taste. At max dose this is 3 pills twice a day. A tad annoying but its expected with the cla involved.

Effectiveness= 7

This was really hard to rate. I saw a little less than 2lbs give or take of weightloss. The problem is at max dose this is only a ten day supply which is not really enough to make a complete accurate assumption. On top of that ingredients like Carnitine and CLA take a bit of awhile themselves to see a good weightloss amount.

Value=5

At a range of 30-35 dollars online for only a ten day supply is a bit too much. Even though they are using a good quality carnitine the amount is not disclosed so you are not sure.

Side Effects=10

No side effects to speak of

Conclusion=7.5

Ok overall I really like this product. The ingredients used are solid and have good quality and the idea is very sound. But being a prop blend looses some points with me. With all that aside its the value that hurts this product. At 30 dollars for max dose of ten days thats 90 dollars a month with in my opinion 2 months needed on this to see really good results its over 150 dollars on a great sale. I do believe if taken for 2 months you will see quality weightloss not just water weight. Now I have made my own blend of something similar to this awhile ago and had great results. So I would only recommend this if you have money to burn or your really stuck weight wise and are willing to spend the money this could be the break you need.

December 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pretty Bottle
  • 10 Day Supply

Hello again friends, I have been a member of this site for many years but haven't written a review in quite a while. I have been lifting for close to 10 years, sometimes with it being more of a hobby than a lifestyle but always trying to be at least consistent. As of late I have been developing a dad bod while working 60+ hour weeks and sticking to a barebones powerlifting program. Im currently 235lbs and could stand to lose at least 25 of that and was hoping to kick off a pattern of better eating to go alongside this product.

The verify first thing I noticed upon reading the label thoroughly was that this entire bottle was merely a 10 day supply of this product. 60 caps 3 caps twice a day. Guess I went to college for something after all. I was greatly displeased with this if not only for the fact of what benefits could I actually accurately glean from a 10 day run of anything?

The second thing I noticed was that this was a simple 4 ingredent profile containing CLA, L-Carnitine-Tartrate, Raspberry Ketones, and Protein Hydrolysates. I usually like simplicity but in this case slightly skeptical because of what these 4 particular ingredients were and that the latter three were in a proprietary blend.

First looking at the CLA the entire 6 capsule daily dose yields 3.4g of CLA. This is in the range of general effectiveness for this ingredient, but with CLA more is better and they certainly could have done with more. LCLT has a minimum effective dose of 1g up to 4g, which would mean greater than half the prop blend would be needed for the minimum effective dose. Probably there, but they certainly could have used more.

These last two ingredients I really have a problem with, in particular Raspberry ketones. I borrowed this quote from examine.com

There is no human evidence for the effects of raspberry ketones. Studies on rats have used a dosage range of .545-2.18g/kg, which correlates to a human estimated dose of 80-340mg/kg for humans. This dose is very high compared to other fat burning compounds, so for that reason the standard supplemental dose of raspberry ketones for humans is in the 100-200mg range.
It also goes on to say that there is no human evidence for the effectiveness of raspberry ketones. Raspberry ketones cannot be concentrated in the human body the same way they are concentrated during studies done outside the body, on single cells.

And lastly, the protein hydrolysate. It is actually clinically studied to have a minimal effect on appetite suppression, similar to other protein sources but is not yet considered a better appetite suppressant than other pieces of fish...errrr...protein.

Other than that, Cellucor has always done a fantabulous job with their labeling and marketing, awesome bottle design as always.

Tastes faintly like Raspberries which is somewhat pleasant. They are in big capsules but are easy to swallow. Twice daily dosing is also easy.

There may have been a slight appetite suppressant effect for an hour or two post dosing. Nothing extremely noticeable. As for fat loss since this bottle only lasted 10 days it was hard to say if I dropped a pound or two or if it was just part of my normal weight fluctuation.

This is where this product really falls flat on its face. The BB.com deal equates to a single 60 serving bottle for 30 bucks (if you buy two 90 serving bottles and get the 30 dollar discount). 30 bucks doesn't sound too bad, but for only 10 days it is astronomically poor. And for someone above 200lbs I would advocate adding a third serving which would make this easily 100 dollars plus a month. Way too much for whatever benefit it could produce.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

I think Cellucor needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. I realize a company like them will never lower their prices too much but I can't imagine why on earth they couldn't bump up their dosing a bit, increase doses per bottle and go into some better researched non-stim fat burning ingredients without severely effecting what has to be an astronomical profit margin for them.