C4 Ultimate Reviews

By: Cellucor

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all C4 Ultimate reviews.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Performance

Hello everybody. Onder18 here. It's been awhile I know. Been busy with work and life. Everybody should know how that goes.
So a little about me. 38 years old. Slim little guy hardgainer. About 5 ft. 9 and about 158lbs. I don't bulk or cut. Just workout to shape my body, build muscle and get stronger. Pretty much a lifetime recomp. Right now I follow an intermittent fasting protocol because it seems to suit my lifestyle and I feel good on it. I workout about 3 or 4 times a week. Current supplements I'm taking are a multi, creatine hcl, fish oil and joint support and extra vitamin c and d. I also take pre workouts. I alternate alot of them and love trying new ones. Right now I'm gonna review one I just finished up that has become one of my favorites, C4 Ultimate.

So what initially attracted me to C4 Ultimate was the ingredient profile. This thing is loaded. Some of the highlights include 3.2 grams of beta alanine, 1.5 grams of betaine, 6 grams of citrulline malate, 1.5 grams of nitrosigine and 1.5 grams of creatine nitrate. There's also the energy blend which includes 300 mgs. of caffeine, teacrine, mucuna, alpha gpc and more. Overall in my opinion this profile looks pretty darn good.

The flavor I got was Cherry Limade and overall it was pretty pleasant. I usually used 1 scoop or one heaping scoop and the taste was always pretty decent. The overall mixability was decent. Not great but not bad. I can't really comment on the dyes because I usually use a black shaker bottle.

So now the part that everyone cares about. Did this work for me. The answer to that is definitely yes. I have kind of evolved my preferences for pre workouts. I don't really care for the exotic stimulants like I used to. I'm more of a caffeine, theobromine, choline guy. I like my pre workouts to have good performance. I like the concentrated ones also because I usually add alot of my own ingredients anyways. So let me break down the effectiveness of this product into sections.
Strength-
Definitely a highlight of this product. My lifts on this were always on point and I always hit my numbers or did more with this. Whether it be after work when I was tired or on my off days when I was rested my lifts were always good and I could usually push for more reps or more weight.
Energy/focus-
Energy was clean and long lasting. It kicked in quick and lasted my entire workout which was short on my work days (45mins-1 hour )and long on my non work days ( 1.5-2 hours). No crash, no anxiety and no jitters. Focus was pretty solid. It wasn't tunnel vision but more like a comfortable concentration on what needs to be done and how you are going to do it. I think that played into the strength alot. I was able to really focus on pushing through. This made for some intense sessions.
Pump and endurance-
THE pump on C4 Ultimate was enjoyable. Not a huge pump but more of a solid, vascular pump. The endurance was top notch though. Definatlely a highlight of the product. I think think the combination of citrulline malate, creatine nitrate, and nitrosigine played a big part in the endurance. That along with the stim blend which is very well balanced.

This is were C4 Ultimate takes a slight hit from me. $40 for 20 servings at most places. That's kinda expensive. I won't knock it too much because it is a true one scooper and it does have pretty good dosages of alot of ingredients. Pre workouts usually last a while because I often times alternate them. But I did use this one quite often so I would have liked to have seen 30 servings for that price.

Side Effects

No real side effects for me. I take all of my pre workouts fasted so once in a while I did get a slight upset syomach. But I get this from all pre workouts. I always worked out all my energy at the gym so I didn't really have a hard time sleeping. But I wouldn't recommend taking this close to bed.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed by this pre workout. The overall performance that I got from this pre puts this in my top tier of pre workouts. I highly recommend this pre workout and I definitely plan on buying it again. So I do hope you guys enjoyed my review. All comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

April 5, 2017

Tried to upload a pic but it wouldn't go through for some reason.

Never mind. Got it.

• MarsheS
    April 5, 2017

Glad to see you back reviewing, nice review, they finally released a very strong preworkout because they were kind of expecting that with the C4 50X but it wasn't strong enough to compete with the strongest preworkouts around...

• sergiosays
    April 5, 2017

Nice to see a C4 product with some adequate dosing. nice review!

• kalans
    April 6, 2017

Excellent review bro! Yeah I really like the direction this product went, but price is an issue as you can get similar products for less. Although this does have Creatine Nitrate which is fantastic, so yeah I hope Cellucor continues the trend! If they really took the lead like Walmart selling lower prices and we'll fully dosed ones at that, we could see them turn more business! Them dyes tho... Haha

April 6, 2017

Thanks guys. MarsheS, I actually have C4 50x. It's not bad, but I do like this one better.

• Italy48
    April 6, 2017

Nice review. Great to see another review from you onder. I was curious about this product and after reading this I will jump into the action.

• mhseaver670
    April 7, 2017

How many options can one have for c4. Damn

• MarsheS
    April 7, 2017

Yea onder, I've tried a couple of samples of C4 50x and it works pretty well, the thing is they expected it to compete with the strongest preworkouts on the market but IMO it can't so that's why they decided to release C4 Ultimate.