C4 50x has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

C4 50x Reviews

By: Cellucor

ARTICLES

C4 50x is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

C4 50x has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Overall
Overall
6.3
  May 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Profile
  • Great Strength At First
  • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results
  • Heavy Dyes And Flavoring
  • Loses Effectiveness Over Time

I found out about SR through a simple Google Search when looking to get QUALITY reviews on supplements from REAL people. I decided I wanted to be part of the community and give out some quality reviews myself, to help out with other lifters looking for the same information i was. My fitness goals currently are to build strength and muscle. I can no longer run (due to injuries over the years), so i focus on lifting now, and will move to getting more ripped this summer. Like anyone else, I want to have that nice body you can be proud of, with the strength to match in the gym. This is my first review, next I plan to review JYM ZMA, EVL Creaine, JYM Whey Protein, and Dymatize Casein.

The one thing to note in the ingredients is Beta Alanine (2.4g) and Arginine AKG (1.5g) per serving. I could feel the Beta Alanine when using the product, so it at least gave me the mindset that the product was working. The product also contains some Creatine Nitrate (1.5g), but all these seem to be pretty standard in pre-workouts these days. This was the first and only Cellucor supplement I have taken, so their Explosion Blend seemed decent, but left a lot to be desired once my body got used to it. I included an image of the product label for the full breakdown.

I am in the gym at 6am each morning, so that means I start to drink my PWO no later than 0530. The fruit punch flavor was pretty tart, maybe because it is early in the morning, but it was hard to drink at first. I eventually got used to it and found using around 8 - 10 oz of water versus the recommended 4 - 6 oz was the key to make it more drinkable. This is definitely not a PWO to slam and go, you have to sip on this one!

I had no issues mixing the product in a standard shaker with water. Sometimes I would notice clumps at the bottom of my shaker, but I typically re-shake before every sip (probably just my OCD) to ensure the product does not settle at the bottom. With this method i had no issues.

I started out the first 2 x weeks with the product taking 1 scoop. By the third week I had noticed the effects were minimal at best, and then moved to 2 scoops per dose. My body seemed to adapt to this product very quickly, and really lost its effectiveness, which we will get into more below.

My first two weeks on using C4 50x, I really enjoyed it. This was my first Cellucor supplement, and I was impressed with the pumps and focus and energy that I would get using this. By week three it all changed. I had to bump the doses up to 2 scoops, and even then it did not seem to do much in the gym. Even that nice Beta Alanine tingling in the back of my neck was barely noticeable. My body truly adapted to this product, and it lost its effectiveness fast. This was a disappointment since it started off so strong, but everyone should be aware that this product tends to fizzle out.

I got this in a stack from bodybuilding.com and it ended up being $27.21 for 30 servings. That comes out to about 91 cents a scoop which is not bad in my opinion, but once I moved to 2 scoops, and it cost me $1.82 each day, it seemed way too pricey. I would expect more benefits from a product if it is going to cost me this much! Like the effectiveness in the product, very good value at first, but it fizzles out later.

Side Effects

Like most PWOs this product caused me to be on the toilet almost immediately after finishing my dose. My first week on this seemed to tear me up a bit, but that was just my body getting used to it. The second week i was okay, and got into a rhythm. Once I bumped to 2 scoops I noticed I had bathroom breaks post shaker, and in the beginning of my workout sessions which irritated me. No other noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

When I first started to take this PWO, it gave me focus, strength, and a great pump. I was impressed with Cellucor and excited to try their other products later on. After two weeks, this PWO lost its effectiveness and really became a waste of time. The effects became minimal and it was used more like a morning cup of coffee (to just get up and go, not so much for a boost) prior to the gym. I am glad I finished my little tub, and will likely not try a Cellucor PWO again!
  • Fruit Punch: 6/10

December 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Ingredient Doses
  • Simple Profile
  • Excellent Focus At Proper Dose
  • Excellent Energy At Proper Dose
  • Lackluster Pumps
  • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results
  • My Intestines Are Now Blue
Happy New Year everyone! A big thank you to SR.com and the folks at NutraBolt for giving us TROOPERS the chance to try this stuff out.

I love PWOs - who doesnt? I also like my PWOs to have a solid kick because I am looking for value. So when Cellucor's C4 50x came up to try I figured I would give it a shot! I mean - if it is 50% more potent than their other stuff then I have to be in for the ride of my life, right? Some more stuff about me - I work out at 5am every morning, so I kind of like the boost in the morning.

So I dont have a ton of Cellucor experience even as popular as the brand is. One of the reason's I haven't used a lot of Cellucor products is the fact that they do not fully disclose all their ingredients. 50x seems to be taking a step in the right direction. The Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T), and Arginine AKG are all fully disclosed as are the other vitamins and minerals in this thing.

Unfortunately, one of the key components of this PWO is the "Explosion Blend" and.... (drum roll, please)... it is largely undisclosed...

So we can talk about how this thing is "constructed"

Beta Alanine 2.4g - This is just below the "clinical" dosing. Recommended dosing is around 3.2 grams but 2.4 is about on par with most PWOs.
Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T) 1.5g - Creatine Nitrate is supposed to be more soluble than monohydrate, from what I found. I also found that it is to be dosed the same - about 3-5 grams (0.03g/kg/day) depending on your weight. So again, the creatine is underdosed much like the BA.
Arginine AKG 1.5g - This increases blood flow - so it should add some pumps. Again, underdosed as my research stated you dose this 3-6g pre-workout.

C4 50x Explosion Blend 557mg - For this blend, all you know is there is 200mg of TOTAL caffeine. It isn't listed in the ingredients area - it is "hidden" in the warning area. I give Cellucor some props for this as I think it is REALLY IMPORTANT to list caffeine dosing. Problem here is that there are three forms of caffeine - Caffeine Anhydrous, TeaCor, and XCELICOR. The last two are the crown jewels of Cellucor's deal. Unfortunately, they don't disclose how much of what is in there. Total bummer.

One thing to note on the caffiene - most of the top notch PWOs here on SR.com have about 300mg of caffeine to start. That puts C4 50x slightly behind the big dogs again.

Taste - Icy Blue Razz - not too bad really. It is way better than that fruit punch flavor Alpha Amino G4 that I had from Cellucor prior to this one. It still tastes a little over the top sweet and artificial and it will make you mouth blue-ish but it was palatable.

Mixability - This stuff mixed fine. No issues, some foam, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Dosing - recommended 1 scoop half hour prior to working out. I started here and then tried 2 one time - see below, not recommended - then settled in at 1.5 scoops.

If 50x is 50% more potent than the original C4 then the original C4 wasn't much to talk about. That said - 50x can move the gauge some at 1 scoop. Problem is you don't get that kick that you are looking for out of a stimulant PWO. There is a small jolt - much like a cup of coffee. One leg day I decided to double up and that was a bad idea. It wasn't so much the typical jitters but an unfocused type of strung out feeling. I do not recommend doubling up on the stuff at all.

After the bad experience on the double up, I decided to try 1.5 scoops. When running 1.5 scoops I could really feel the uptick overall. I felt the BA be a little more effective, I could feel the rush sustain for the entire workout (typically 60-90 minutes), and I was really dialed in.

I will say that I saw virtually no "pump" that could be associated with the arginine.

Cellucor has stayed away from making any crazy claims that I can see with this stuff - which means they don't have to fall short on promises...

Effectiveness various from person to person based upon caffeine tolerance so make sure that you start out at one scoop or less.

This is priced out at $1/serving. For me, I needed a scoop and a half to make it hum. For many others, you may only need a scoop. 200mg of caffeine is decent - but if you look at the top dogs in this category 300mg caffeine is typical. I really noticed this product kicking in at a scoop and a half (see above). So we are going to call this $1.50/serving for all intents and purposes.

Side Effects

At 1 - 1.5 scoop there was nothing to note. At 2 scoops it made me feel pretty off. Can't blame the supplement at all for that as they clearly state go with 1 serving and i was just trying gauge my tolerance.

Conclusion

I could tell that this stuff was effective at a scoop and a half. Considering how readily available Cellucor's products are this would be a decent option for the masses. It is underdosed in some areas and there is a prop blend but overall it works if you dial in the dosing and I think that is what we are all looking for... Give it a shot if you are looking to try something new or if you are new to PWOs.
  • Icy Blue Razz: 7/10

December 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Profile
  • Powerful For One Scoop
  • LOTS Of Caffeine

Cellucor is a company that has a fair amount of product on the shelves, and most of them work very well. This PWO is one of their newer offerings in their popular C4 line. The main (and important) difference between this product and other C4 PWO is the smaller package and scoop size. But don't let that fool you, this PWO packs a punch!

Just what I like to see in a PWO; nice and simple. It's got B vitamins, a fair amount of vitamin C, Beta alanine for tingles/pump, Arginine also for pump, Creatine NITRATE (more on this one later), and more stimulants than you can shake a stick at. The back of the can says that it contains 200mg of caffeine per one scoop serving, which may be true of the amount of caffeine anhydrous it contains. That leaves room for 357mg of "other stuff" in the proprietary "C4 50x explosion blend". Velvet bean is here, most likely for the L-DOPA it contains. L-DOPA is a precursor to a few of our favorite neurotransmitters: dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. Also in this can are XCELICOR (more caffeine, in a longer-acting form) and TEACOR (also known as theacrine, a substance VERY similar to caffeine in structure and action), so MORE stimulants in the form of caffeine-like substances. With all these stimulating ingredients, I recommend that even those folks with a high tolerance to caffeine to only use ONE scoop at first, just to see how it affects you. Seriously, this stuff is potent.

For those folks concerned about the scary NITRATES in this creatine, there is good news. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is an antioxidant that prevents the conversion of Nitrate groups into cancer-causing nitrosamine groups (at least in your relatively acidic stomach). So with a whopping 375mg of vitamin C, I would consider your risk of cancer by this PWO to be pretty low.

All in all, a pretty solid cocktail of stimulants and vitamins.

Taste/Mixability

The flavor I'm using is the "Icy Blue Razz", and it is indeed blue. VERY blue. As in, I'm concerned that all of my future excretions will be blue. This hasn't happened yet, but dang that's a lot of dye they put in this stuff. Regardless, the flavor is great and it mixes up smoothly and not gritty.

With such a tiny scoop, dosing is easy. That said, BE CAREFUL with dosing this stuff. You might be tempted to dose heavy on your first try, but then you might suffer from the effects of having too much caffeine in your system.

For me, one scoop of this stuff was VERY effective. Within minutes I felt more focused and energetic, with a nice tingle and great pump to boot. I always try to take it on an empty stomach for quicker absorption, or after a tablespoonful of peanut butter to slow it down a bit. Workouts have been consistently good, save for the one time I tried TWO scoops. More on that in the "Side Effects" section.

I think that this is a pretty good value for 30 servings in a small can. If you need more than one scoop of this, I would say that you'd need to cut back on your other caffeine sources throughout the day. This will help make the caffeine you take in PWOs to be more effective, as well as make them a better value for you overall since a can will last you longer. I think the smaller can size is an added value, since it is much more portable. Having a portable PWO makes sense, since not many people want to lug a big bucket of the stuff in their gym bag.

Side Effects

As I have said previously, WATCH THE SCOOPS. I did have one workout where I thought that I'd need a little extra boost and dosed up two scoops. I believe it was my second workout with this product. My workout wasn't terrible, but by the middle I was experiencing the effects of "caffeine overload": dizziness after completing my sets, a bit of nausea, a "zone out" effect. I made it through my workout, but that was not a fun experience. My reaction does make sense when you think about it, though. One average dose of caffeine is 200mg. Two scoops of this is 400mg, PLUS the amount of caffeine in the rest of the proprietary blend amounts to around 1,000mg of caffeine or caffeine-like substances. Holy jitters, Batman!

The only other side effects I had were itchiness, due to the beta alanine. I like the stuff just because of the "tingle" it provides, but if you're sensitive to it just be aware.

Conclusion

Overall a great PWO with great effects and a nice value. It will most likely be my new go-to PWO because of it's consistent and powerful effects. Not recommended to those new to PWO or those sensitive to caffeine.
  • Icy Blue Razz: 9/10

December 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Profile
  • Excellent Energy At Proper Dose
  • Lackluster Pumps
  • My Intestines Are Now Blue

First of all, I would like to thank Cellucor for participating our TROOPs program. Like many of us here, I am certifiably a pre-workout junky. I've tried many pre-workouts, including the O.G. C4, and the newer generation version of the products. I have a hard time getting motivated to get off my butt after long days at work, so I rely more than I would like to admit on pre-workouts most days to get me going. So without further ado, lets dive in.

Pretty run of the mill here, nothing that really stands out to much. I like the inclusion of velvet bean, though it's likely under dosed. Some ingredients are listed in their dosages, and some are in a blend. To be honest, out of all the ingredients I would like to know how much caffeine is in the product, and of course that is what is in the blend. Like the name of the product suggest, there is 50% more of the main ingredients, however at one scoop they are still under dosed. At 1.5 scoops you get a solid dose of beta alanine and still an under dosed creatine. I supplement with my own anyway so no big deal for me. Biggest gripe here is not disclosing how much caffeine is in the product.

I had the Icy Blue Razz flavor, which tastes as expected, and is good. I started with one scoop, and it was a touch weak for liking. Jumped to two scoops, and it was far to much for me. BIG jump from one scoop. I had bad jitters, shakes my heart was pounding on heavy sets to the point it effected my workouts. If i had to guess, I'd put my money on two scoops being in the 500mg range at least. I found just over a scoop, to 1.5 scoops on days i was really dragging fit my needs well.
Mixability was also on point. But good lord, lay off the dyes. I have never in my life seen such a blue supplement. Picture when people put that thing in their toilet water to make it blue. It is just ridiculous and I'm sure my intestines are permanently stained.

As far as giving me a kick to get up and going to the gym, this was effective. Like I've mentioned before I work decently long hours of physical work, so I rely on stims to get me going, and in this aspect, it delivered. It was enough to last me through my workouts, and had a smooth come down with minimal crash, which was nice. However regarding a pump, or enhanced focus, this was meh. To be fair, I train for strength so I don't chase the pump, however some of my workouts delve into higher rep ranges for sure and I can't say this increased a pump for me. However like I said the energy clean and present, and to me this is most important anyway. So no huge complaints from me in this department.

This comes in a 30 and 45 serving tub, and the cheapest I found it for was either Amazon for the 30 serving for $28.42 or 0.95 a serving, and lucky vitamin, which I have never heard of, which has the 45 serving for $42 or 0.93 a serving. To me, this value is average. I think there are better pre workouts, for similar price point. However the accessibility is nice, and sometimes it is nice just to go back to the basics.

Side Effects

At 2 scoops a little to much stims, a bit jittery and shaky. My own fault, other than that, some slight G.I. Distress some days, but nothing terrible.

Conclusion

Overall, this is the basic white girl of pre workouts. In my opinion, there are better options for similar price points, but you can never go wrong with C4. It gets the job done, which is all I really could ask for from a pre-workout. I would buy this again when I'm feeling nostalgic, or just want to go back to the basics. Also a good recommendation for a newbie I'm the pre workout world who is a big coffe drinker.
Thanks again Cellucor for the opportunity to try and review this product!
  • Icy Blue Razz: 8/10

December 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Ingredient Doses
  • Simple Profile
  • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results
  • Heavy Dyes And Flavoring

Hey guys time for a review on C4 50x from Cellucor. I love seeing how many products this company makes available for us TROOPers to review so big thanks to them for participating. The OG C4 was one of the first preworkouts I ever used back in the day, and I always enjoyed. Still to this day, if Costco has a sale on the 2 pack, I always scoop it up. I did always use 2 scoops of the original though, which is why I usually waited for it to be on some sort of sale. When I saw 50x get released, I liked the sound of it. 50% more of the key ingredients. The way I looked at it, maybe I wouldn't have to use 2 scoops of this stuff like I did with the OG. Anyways I played around with it a little bit and these are my results.

I have to give the main man Petey a shoutout here because if you go take a look at his review, he did an excellent job breaking down the profile of this product and really getting into the bowels of each ingredient. But basically like I said above, the general idea Cellucor had here was to increase everything (mostly) by 50% for more "explosiveness." I found all the basic ingredients such as Arganine, Creatine, and Beta Alanine to be properly dosed in C4 50x. The "heavy-hitters" if you will are contained in the "Explosive Blend" which is prop blend of a bunch of stuff. The two big things in this are caffeine and their new product called TeaCor. From what I understand this is supposed to be some sort of derivative of Caffiene that you won't build up a tolerance to. I'm no wiz at ingredients though, but like I said earlier, Petey did a really nice job talking about this stuff.

All in all I think this has a decent ingredient profile. I'd always prefer not have any prop blends so we know what we are getting, but based on the results of this product, I think everything is well dosed for the most part. Ron made a great point in his review, saying how Cellucor has these great new ingredients like TeaCor, but then hide them in a blend. Couldn't agree more.

I received the Watermelon flavor of this product. Watermelon is usually my favorite flavor for any supplement, as long as they get it right. This one unfortunately fell a little bit short for me, mainly due to the aftertaste. The initial flavor tasted great, but there was something about the immediate after taste that I can't quite explain. One way or the other, it wasn't an after taste that I enjoyed one bit. It wasn't unbearable, but I just found something to be not right with it.

Mixability with this product was perfectly fine. Couple shakes in a shaker bottle and you're good to go. No residue left at the bottom and no clumpiness when drinking it.

Dosing is where you need to play around this product to find out what works for you. I consistently used 2 scoops of the original C4, so I started off with one scoop of this product. I'll talk more about this in the next section. But basically the protocol on the label is 1-2 scoops mixed with cold water, not to exceed 2 scoops in a 24 hour period.

I'm going to break this down based on how much I took before a workout and what the conditions were. I almost exclusively used this product in the morning on an empty stomach.

1 Scoop: Felt it working within about 15-20 minutes. Very minor tingles and slight increase in energy. Energy and focus was average and kept me going throughout my workout. No post-workout crash. Not much in terms of pump, but I will say I haven't been doing much volume work lately so that plays into it a little bit.

2 Scoops: After trying one scoop, I immediately jumped to the 2 scoop world. I am extremely stim tolerant so I wasn't nervous doing this. I tried a few workouts on 2 scoops, and in the end it was just a little too much. Pretty heavy beta-tingles, some niacin-flush, and overall just a little too much energy. Worst part here was the post-workout crash. Very prominent after each workout. Not enjoyable.

1.5 Scoops: BOOM! This was the sweet spot for me. The tingles were good and I could feel a very nice boost of energy and focus. Pump was better. Not great, but not bad. Post-workout crash was pretty much eliminated. I still would feel a little fatigued about an hour after my workout, but nothing like when I tried 2 scoops.

Looking around the internet it seems like you can have this product at just over a buck per serving. That's an OK value if you can get away with one scoop, which I'm sure some of you can. If you find yourself needing 2, you might be in a little bit of trouble. At 1.5 scoops it puts the value at MEH for me.

Side Effects

Had my typical "C4 Poops". Just like the original, I always tried to drink this stuff and then wait a while before heading out to the gym, because I knew what was coming. It usually wasn't like an upset stomach or anything either, this stuff just generally made me go.

Conclusion

Decent pre workout. Definitely give it a go if you see it on a sale or BOGO. I still buy the original at Costco when they do the $9 off a 2 pack. I'd really like to see Cellucor go to full disclosure on the labels. At this point I can't really figure out why anyone is putting prop blends in their products anymore. I mean from their standpoint, I'm sure its to save cash, but plenty of great companies are putting out great products with full disclosure at the same price point. Anyways, this stuff was decent. Thanks to Cellucor and SR TROOP for making this one happen. Talk to you later.
  • Watermelon: 7/10

December 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Profile
  • May Cause Dizziness
  • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results
  • Heavy Dyes And Flavoring

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
Huge thank you to SR and Cellucor for their support of the SR program. I've tired other cellucor products and I have really enjoyed them. I've been waiting to try the upgraded version of c-4 which is c-4 50x but last time it was up for review I didn't have a chance to try it. This time I got lucky and was able to try it. Some of the claims that cellucor has with their newer version of c-4 50x is 50 % more explosive power. Now to the fun part let's see how 50x stacks up.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
The Ingredient profile is pretty simple. With C-4 50x will have 2.4g of beta alanine, you will also get creatine nitrate or (NO3-t) at 1.5g which is used in a lot of cellucor pump products. Then you have the c-4 50x explosion blend at 557mg in this blend you will get and extra 15mg of caffeine thanks to the addition of Theacrine which brings the caffeine amount up to 150mg.

The flavor that received was blue razz now like with any of cellucor products the smell was pretty strong. I could smell the blue razz in the FedEx box when I got it. Yea it's pretty heavy on the dyes and colors. The taste was pretty interesting it reminding me of a grainy cough syrup with a weird aftertaste in your mouth. The dosing was up to two scoop 20 to 30 mins before training with four to six ounces of water.

I started off taking one scoop which was pretty good but you really felt it kick in at two scoop. You could really feel the extra focus and energy while training. And it was nice to see that TeaCor was in the newer version because it really help. Now I will warn you there was a few times that I did feel a little light headed and dizzy. This also could have been dude to the fact that the gym I tried at has no A/C and it's pretty much like a sauna. But this only happen once or twice after that I felt find. The extra energy from 50 x really help out during superset days at the gym. Training delts I would normally superset because it's a stronger muscle part for me so I would mix in DB front raises along with some cable lateral raises keeping the reps higher and the weight within a weight so I could do 10-15reps and that extra push with the explosion blend along with the crazy pump from the creatine nitrate was really nice and the end of my workout I could barely move my neck because of the shoulder pump. Pretty solid stuff. I had a few people asking me what I was taking because of the really good focus and energy I said 50x is in da house everyone just started laughing.

On the Cellucor website you can get two different versions one is 30 servings for 49.99 or 45 servings for 69.99. Which is 1.69 per serving at 30 or 1.55 at 45 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want to try something different c-4 50x is a pretty good one to try. Cellucor did a nice job with the beefed up version of C-4 and I would totally recommend this product

November 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Focus At Proper Dose
  • Excellent Energy At Proper Dose
  • Excellent Pump At Proper Dose
  • May Cause Dizziness
  • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results

Claims

---------------
Designed for Pro-Level Performance
Explosive Energy and Focus
Features TeaCor and XCELICOR for Extreme Energy

Ingredients

----------
Lots of common ingredients we are all used to seeing in a quality PWO. Aside from some quality Vitamin C and B's you have caffeine anhydrous to increase your alertness, mood and exercise performance. Also in the mix is some Beta Alanine for muscular endurance, Arginine AKG for that all important pump, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine for mental focus, Velvet Bean to regulate sugar levels and boost GH production and Creatine Nitrate to top off a rather common muscle building mix.

Lastly we have two fancy trademarked ingredients tossed into the "Explosion Blend". The first is Xcelicor which is a caffeine and pterostilbene fusion that claims to slow down the absorption rate of caffeine by 25% thereby extending its half-life. The second is another stimulant called TeaCor which is a relative of caffeine but supposedly without the tolerance build up issues.

So for those of you keeping stimulant count, we have an unknown amount of caffeine anhydrous + an unknown amount of the stimulant Xcelicor + an unknown amount of the stimulant TeaCor all totaling 200mg per 1 scoop serving.

Studies on how these 3 different stimulants react to one another?

I couldn't find one.

Taste / Mixing

------
C4 50x comes in 3 flavors: Watermelon, Fruit Punch and the one I received, Icy Blue Razz.
What makes this particular flavor "Icy" I have no idea, but there was no mistaking the jaw locking tartness of raspberry flavoring.
Heavy on the coloring dyes, this blue concoction mixed up easily with little foam or grit remaining after depleting the contents of my favorite shaker.

Dosage

---------------
Directions state to take 1 scoop with 4-6oz of water 20-30 minutes pre-workout and move to a second scoop once your tolerance has been assessed. Not to exceed 2 scoops in a 24 hours period.

Pretty standard instructions for 95% of PWO's on the market and in most cases for a PWO stim junky like myself, this means head straight for 2 scoops which is exactly what I did. I mean I've used 2 scoops of the regular C4 in the past. How strong could C4 50x be? HOLY CR@P! This was one case where it would have been best to following instructions. More to follow

-------
Cellucor states that C4 50x contains 50% more explosive formula over their normal C4 PWO. I guess the thought here should be that if the original formula C4 was effective at 2 scoops, theoretically you would only need 1.5 scoops of 50x to achieve the same effect. In retrospect, if I would have realized this sooner, I wouldn't have jumped to 2 scoops so fast. Some of you may think, "Eh, so what! Experience a minor high in the gym? Sounds fun!" Well my fellow gym rats think again. While experiencing this extensive euphoria, I unracked a rather heavy bar on the bench press and the weight almost continued forward onto my legs. Not cool !!!
People are injured everyday while performing routine exercises and when going heavy, this is not the time to lose your train of thought or sense of balance.

For the remainder of the tub I lowered my PWO dose to 1.5 scoops and had excellent workouts. My focus, energy and pump were top notch and I truly enjoyed this product.

Positive side note:
I was experiencing very sore legs the morning before a leg workout. 30 minutes after drinking C4 the soreness was completely gone and I had an outstanding leg workout. So much so, that I actually went up to 700 for reps on the leg press which is something I hadn't done in months.

Negative side note:
I noticed absolutely zero lactic acid buffering from this PWO. The workout burn was intense!!!

----------------
C4 50x can be purchased normally right at that sweet spot of $1 per serving and if you can get away with one scoop, this is a sure winner. For those of us pushing the 2 scoop mark, it unfortunately falls short.

Just keep in mind that if 2 scoops of the original C4 worked for you, then 1.5 of 50x should suffice and therefore a 45 serving container would net you 30 actual workouts.

Another point where the value slides in my opinion is the prop blend. Yes, I know you are all probably tired of hearing about them, but in this case I have to speak up. Cellucor speaks highly of 2 trademarked ingredients and then hides their quantities. Come on Cellucor, your TeaCor and Xcelicor are trademarked and also stimulants to boot. Tossing them onto the caffeinated "Explosion Blend" is irresponsible and honestly makes you look like you're pixie dusting the very ingredients you are boasting about. Drop the caffeine anhydrous all together, let these two self-proclaimed stars shine on their own merit. That is unless or course they are worthless gimmicks to begin with.

Sides

----------------
Emergency bathroom trips when taken on an empty stomach.
Heavy Beta-Alanine tingles at greater than 1.5 scoops.
Euphoric dizziness at 2 scoops.

Final Words

---------
If you liked the original C4 and can find the 50x version on sale, I highly recommend giving it a shot. Just remember to assess your personal tolerance by starting with one scoop and then increase slowly over the next few workouts to find the effect you are searching for. Don't jump right to two scoops like I did. I count myself lucky having avoided what could have been a serious injury.

6.9
  November 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New And Exciting Ingredients
  • Increased Ingredient Doses

Hey SR, it has been a long time since I have posted a review, forgive me if its pretty rusty.

I am not going to go through each ingredient but instead just compare the C4 from the previous C4 fourth generation. As you can quickly see the C4 50x has around 50% more of each of the ingredients listed below. I believe it is great that they have came out with a C4 that his a little harder, I do not know too many people who take a single serving of the old C4. The increase in beta alanine, arginine, creatine nitrate, and explosive energy blend (Caffeine increased by 50mg I believe) I believe are the main things to take from this.

C4 4th Gen.

Creatine Nitrate 1.5g
    Calcium 24mg
    Beta Alanine 2.4g
    Arginine AKG 1.5g

Just like the old C4 taste amazing.

This section kind of disappointed me. I should not have been surprised because with something getting as much hype as this "50% more intense" C4 has received I should have been expecting a little bit of a let down. I expected it to be a bit stronger than what it was.
    Energy: you definitely feel it pretty quickly just as with the previous C4 in about 15 minutes I was ready to get going, the down side is I did not have sustained energy with this product. It was somewhat strong burst of energy but seems to stall our rather quickly. The endurance just wasn't there for me. I love to have pretty lengthy workouts and I am a pretty energetic guy as it is. I personally didn't feel an exacerbation of how energetic or how much endurance I had toward the end of my workouts with this product.
    Pump: this was an up side to the product, the dosage increase in creatine nitrate I believe led to better pumps and vascularity throughout my workouts.
    Also, if you are someone who like the "itch"..... not the bad itch, the beta alanine itch then you should like this. Even though I am a pwo regular even with just a scoop I was feeling it pretty good. Along with the increase in temperature with the added in niacin. Definitely gets the body ready to work.

Comes out to about a dollar a serving. I believe you can get 30 Servings for 30 dollars. I usually try shooting for less than a dollar a serving but the price still is not too bad. I received this product free to review, which I am incredibly thankful for. But if I was to switch pwo from my usually I would probably give this one another go.

Side Effects

nothing different from other pre workouts

Conclusion

Overall, I thought the this new C4 was alright. What I think hurt me a bit on the review is all the hype a product gets and then does not quite live up to it..... C4 is C4, and will probably always be C4 not too much a difference just a bit stronger.

March 24, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • New And Exciting Ingredients
    • Increased Ingredient Doses
    • Simple Profile
    • Not A Responder
    • Lackluster Pumps

C4 has been a kingpin in the pre-workout game for the last few years after it quickly became Cellucor's staple product and top seller. It's so popular that you can even buy it in 3 packs at your local store! But, of course with success comes competition and that forces a brand to evolve with the changing climate of competitors or risk losing their ranks among the top levels. With a lot of heavy hitters on the market these days to choose from, it's no secret that the original has started to lose it's luster. In response, Cellucor has taken the well known name and revamped not only the original version but added a 'heavy hitter stim' version that we are seeing in the new C4 50x. With it supposedly being 50x more explosive, it sets itself up to be a pretty big hype machine...

Ingredient Profile 8.5/10

First of all, let's take a look at the ingredients. Promising to be 50x more explosive, literally the only difference in what they did was add 50% more of each active ingredient including the Calcium, B6, Folic Acid, B12, Vitamin C, Niacin, Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, Arginine AKG and Energy Blend. Out of all of them, the only ones that really matter in this case for increasing performance noticeably will be the Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, Arginine AKG and the Energy Blend of course.

I like the main components with the beta alanine, creatine nitrate as they are both great for endurance and pumps, but what makes the ingredient profile special aside from being the exclusive product to have the creatine nitrate is the revamped stimulant blend. Included is the standard caffeine anhydrous, but what is very, very intriguing is the TeaCor and the Xcelicor.

Starting with the TeaCor, this is a pretty exciting new ingredient that has only been seen in a couple products so far (the other being Purus Labs TheaTrim). It's special as it's a derivative of Chinese tea and has shown a lot of promise being a powerful cognitive stimulant that has no tolerance build up so it hits just as hard each time, but research is relatively limited and ongoing with the majority of it being conducted on rats. However, there is a promising study in the Pharmacological Reports showing a promising 7 day trial in humans that had no signs of desensitization..a brief and of course not conclusive research study, but positively reinforcing the effects.

Next up is the 'Xcelicor', also listed as 'CocoCrystal' or technically Caffeine Pterostilibene. It's a ChromaDex patented product and is probably the most exciting out of the new inclusions in the product and is important to note that the 50x version has this but the other C4 does not, so this is the main deciding difference between the two version aside from 50% more dosing. The research for this new version of caffeine has been pretty damn impressive with highlights showing that it's 30% more absorbable into the bloodstream, has 30% slower absorption for sustained effects and has a 25% increase half-life compared to traditional caffeine anhydrous. This all means that it can potentially cut down on the amount of caffeine needed in product by 50% while getting the same effect...pretty cool.

Now, with two novel, and exclusive ingredients included, why is the ingredient profile sitting somewhat low? Well I would have rated this higher, but the main issue here is that the energy blend. The original has 150mg caffeine anhydrous listed per scoop, meaning that almost half the 'energy blend' is taken up by this leaving a little room for the remaining ingredients including the novel TeaCor. In the case of the 50x the amounts are even more clouded as it only lists that there is a total of 200mg total caffeine per scoop...meaning that the ratio of caffeine anhydrous to the 'Xcelicor' is completely unknown. Are we getting 190mg of caffeine anhydrous and 10mg of the 'good stuff' Xcelicor? No way of knowing and that's my issue.

With the price being adjusted and a product putting so much stock in being put in including 3 very exclusive ingredients (Creatine Nitrate, TeaCor, Xcelicor), I fear that it may be underdosed which is unfortunate being that they have so much promise. Until they are listed a little more clearly, I have to dock the overall well rounded and pretty cool profile.

Taste/Mixability 8.3/10

Well....if you've had Blue Raz flavored anything, you've had this flavor. I'm a bit burnt out of the flavor and it's just as good as it has always been, but with that being said, it's nothing special. Mixability wise, it was perfectly fine, no settling and it's ready to slam. Moving on....

Effectiveness 7.0/10

Now, this is where I was disappointed...I was expecting big things with the inclusion of the TeaCor and Xcelicor, however I'm not a huge 'caffeine only' stimulant guy. I've shifted primarily to products that include the complimentary nootropics as I don't respond as well as I used to with straight up caffeine and if I'm rocking 400mg of caffeine regardless of what ratio the Xcelicor to anhydrous, I would expect more of an effect but it just wasn't there. Pump and vascularity wise, it was decent as that's what creatine nitrate does and with a hefty overkill amount of beta alanine, the endurance was actually pretty good. Overall, I was a bit let down here and feel that including a nootropic or something to compliment the novel stimulants here would have been a potential homerun, but ultimately I was left wanting more. A great profile is one thing, but this stuff just didn't do it for me.

Value 8.5/10

You get a solid 45 servings (22.5 workouts if you're rocking 2 scoops) it's a slight value increase over the nearly as expensive Gen4 Version of the C4 that doesn't have the added Xcelicor. The bulk of the value here is going to be that it has patented exclusive ingredients and (unknown ratio of energy blend aside) well dosed amounts of the critical components and you're getting 45 servings instead of the standard 30 (Nifty sales tactic..the servings are increased by 50% per container). However, with that being said, a product loses value to me when there are blends and of course if a product doesn't work as you would expect, that's pretty hard to justify. My final complaint is that this is going to be a GNC exclusive at least for now and $62 member prices is pretty steep but with that being said in all fairness, the original version that has only 30 servings is $53 so there's not much of a difference. Middle of the road here and if you're looking to try this, wait till it comes to a place aside from GNC obviously.

Conclusion 7.6/10

After seeing the new inclusions of TeaCor and Xcelicor as well as a bumped up dosage of the Creatine Nitrate, I wanted to like the C4 50x...I really did. However, it just didn't do it for me and this was ultimately one of the more disappointing products I've used in quite some time. It's not a bad product, it was noticeable effect wise compared to having not taken a pre-workout, but for what the potential could have been with a better balanced and tweaked amounts of the TeaCor and Xcelicor (my opinion), this was a let down. Final verdict is that it isn't a bad product, it's got a lot of good stuff and if you respond well to straight up caffeine or the current version of C4 you will love this. However, with me routinely using other types of pre-workouts including more performance based and nootropic founded formula's these days, this just wasn't for me. Not quite 50x the let down, but not what I expected.

-AP