Alpha Amino Ultimate Reviews

Overall
  July 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Hello guys and girls. This is Onder here with a review for Cellucor's Alpha Amino Ultimate. I'd like to give a shot out to Clippy for sending me this product on the bounty program.

So a little about myself first. 39 years old. Been training for more than a few years sporadically but took it serious the last few. I'm not a big guy by any means. I'm a little guy. Hardgainer. I'm about 5 foot 10ish and about 165. But I mean I used to be about 155ish not too long ago so I'm slowly gaining solid size which is what I want. Slow and steady recomp gains.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size 1 Level Scoop(s)
Servings Per Container 20
Amount Per Serving % DV
Total Carbohydrate 1g
Sugars 0g
Magnesium (as diMagnesium Phosphate) 13 mg 3%
Potassium (as Dipotassium Phosphate) 70 mg 1%
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 500 IU **
Calcium (as Calcium B-Hydroxy B-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate (HMB) from MyoeDge) 400 mg **
Phosphorus (as Dipotassium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, Dimagnesium Phosphate) 65 mg **
Sodium (as Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride 50 mg **
Instantized BCAA 2:1:1 Blend (Instantized L-Leucine, Instantized L-Isoleucine, Instantized L-Valine) 5000 mg **
Essential Performance Amino Acid Complex 3750 mg **
Disodium Phosphate **
Dimagnesium Phosphate **
Creatine HCI 750 mg **
BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum) Fruit Extract 5 mg **
** Daily Value (DV) not established.

So I see their is no ingredient label listed on this so I got this of Gnc's website. Pretty nice label in my opinion with some unique additions. So let's go over some of them.
So you've got your phosphates, sodium, potassium and magnesium to start out. All those will help with your hydration which should also help with your endurance. Throw in some vitamin d which will help with overall health and to me is always a welcome addition.
Next up is 5 grams of BCAA's in a 2/1/1 ratio. I'm also pleased with that as I think 5 grams is a decent dosage and 2/1/1 is a study proven ratio. Plus they are instantized which I also like because it means if will mix easier.
After the BCAA's you have a 3750 mg. blend of aminos including some essential amino acids. You have taurine, citrulline, and glutamine also in the mix. This is actually missing tryptophan as are many EAA advertised amino products. I'm assuming that alot of these products leave out tryptophan out of fear it would cause drowsiness or tiredness. So honestly this is not a complete EAA product in my opinion but more like a loaded BCAA product.
Finishing off the mix we have creatine hcl at 750 mgs, betaine at 1250 mgs. which is half of the researched dose, 3000 mgs of HMB which is a metabolite of luecine and is said to help with recovery and overtraining and some coconut water and bioprine to help with hydration and absorption of all the ingredients. Overall in my opinion a unique profile. I've honestly before this never had creatine in an
intra workout and I was curious how it would treat me with the HMB. One thing about this product that I like is that it used alot of patented ingredients. One thing I don't like is I think the betaine dose could be higher.

So the dosing was one scoop and that's what I used. Actually it was one rounded scoop. The mixability was on point. The flavor was orange creamsicle and it was delicious. I mixed this in my big shaker bottle with about 40 ounces of water. I don't like my flavors to be too strong and this was perfect. When I used less water the taste was still on point. Always light and refreshing. I will say that the smell didn't match the taste. It didn't stink or anything but the smell was a bit chemically if that makes sense.

Now the part that matters. I can honestly say this was definitely an effective product for me. My endurance on this was on point. I didn't tire out quite as quick and I moved set to set with a swiftness.
While using this I was running a push, pull, legs split and I had the endurance to last throughout my workout with decent strength. I was training heavy consistently with this as I really wanted to push my body and I would only lighten the weight and up the reps if I felt like my body needed a break. This definitely supported me and it seemed like it made it more difficult for me to overtrain. I actually pushed alot of heavy singles and doubles with this and had a period of about 3 weeks where I was consistently able to add 5 lbs on my lifts by the end of the week. So that was a pleasant surprise for me and my soreness was a reduced also. Now it didn't take away all of my DOMS but what natural product will? My hydration with this was also good and I do think the HMB and creatine hcl combo definitely added to the amino acids. I'm basing these opinions to my experiences with other amino products. Overall to me this product was a winner.

So here is where I have to dock a few points. Just about all places I've seen this it's at almost 40$. That's 2$ a scoop. That's too much in my opinion. It is an effective product but I believe that it is priced a bit high. I think for that price you should at least get a few more servings.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

So I enjoyed my run with this product and it did support my training well. I would occasionally run this product from time to time. Now this would not be a staple for me and that's for a couple of reasons. First is the value which in my opinion is not awful but could use a few more servings. Second is the use of dyes. I'm trying to limit my use of them and pay attention to those sort of things more nowadays because I want to improve my overall health in the short and long term. So guys and girls I hope you enjoyed my review. Until next time.

• dmf8625
    July 7, 2018

In regards to the missing L-Tryptophan, here is an interesting read about the supposed link between that amino acid and possible drowsiness. Most protein containing foods we eat throughout the day contain more of this amino acid than would probably be included in each serving of a product like this.

• onder18
    July 7, 2018

That's an interesting read bro. Thanks.