(Better than 56% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

BOOM Pre Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Castleberry Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; Castleberry Nutrition did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • Great Pump
Good afternoon SR.com folks. I am back today to review a really solid preworkout called Boom by Castleberry Nutrition. I want to thank the folks at SR.com for giving me the chance to try Boom. It definitely looked appealing when I read the description online. I enjoy a good preworkout with lots of stims and this preworkout did not disappoint. It gives you all the right ingredients to propel you to a GREAT workout.

I recently started a cut, then got sick while in the middle of it, then had to resume it once I felt better. I like preworkouts while on a cut because they give you the energy you need while lacking the carbs from your diet. I'm, what you would call, a stim junkie so the more the merrier in my case, as well.

The ingredient profile is pretty good. The amounts of each ingredient are even better. One scoop gives you 7g's of Citruline Maleate for extremely good pumps. Mix that with 2g's of carnosyn Beta-Alanine for that "tingle factor', and 350mg's of caffeine. That alone will get you hyped enough to go the gym on your off day. Boom also contains your B vitamin complex to give you that natural energy boost as well. I really like the fact that it's not just a hug proprietary blend label. The last section is with all the different caffeine's in it, but I'm ok with that. I will attach a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure so you can see the other ingredients as well.

Taste- I received the watermelon flavor (THANKS). Watermelon is one of my top flavors when it comes to preworkouts. They never taste bland to me and is usually pretty good to sip on while on my way to the gym.

Mixability- It mixed well. I didn't have any clumps, frothiness issues, or graininess with the preworkout like some in the past.

Dosing- I would mix one scoop with 8oz of water and sip on my short 15 minute drive to the gym.

Boom had me feeling amazing while walking around the gym. It had me feeling strong and swole. I liked that. I could really tell that the energy and the pump were there throughout the entire workout. It does make you sweat more than normal, but it's worth it in my opinion. There were a few days during my time of taking this where I knew the only way I got through my workout was because of Boom. I literally had no energy. I felt tired, didn't want to go to the gym, and tried to think of excuses not to go. After about 15 minutes after my last set my whole mindset changed. I went from being tired and grumpy to in a GREAT mood and couldn't wait to lift more. The focus was on point. It kept me dialed in to my workout plans, my rest periods in between sets, and the weights I was using. Definitely no complaints in the effectiveness section.

$49.95 is the only cost I could find on the net. That was from Castleberry Nutrition. That is my only problem with this product. It's not widely available and it seems to cost about $10 to much. I like to compare this product to others on the shelf.

Side Effects

No Side effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really enjoyed taking Boom. I appreciate the opportunity to try this product out. What I like most about the TROOP'er program is that is does give me the chance to try products out that otherwise, I wouldn't have known about. The pumps were amazing. The energy and the focus was through the roof. The price was a bit much for me. The taste was great. Overall, really good job by Castleberry Nutrition. Lastly, thanks again to SR.com for this wonderful opportunity. You guys ROCK!
  • Watermelon: 8/10

• Clipper83
    April 16, 2018

No reference to supposed fake weights? NEGGED!

jk :)

• dmf8625
    April 16, 2018

A few things that people may find important. The Citrulline Malate is 5:1 instead of the normal 2:1. In regards to value, this is a 30 serving tub compared to the 20 serving products we are used to.

• wjmathewsx
    April 16, 2018

@clipper83- I soooooo wanted to... I even typed up "his weights may be fake but this preworkout sure isn't" but I didn't want to start anything... but I totally thought about it.

@dmf8625- you're right. I didn't even notice the 5:1 I guess. That's pretty solid. Even at 30 servings it's still expensive at $1.50 a serving. That can be pretty expensive for some. Good looking out on the 5:1 tho. I appreciate it.

• Clipper83
    April 16, 2018

Used to see him at my gym all the time. Never saw fake weights. Major douche though lol.

• wjmathewsx
    April 16, 2018

I always wondered if he really did. I never see him lifting those "weights" around others besides his camera crew. I figured he was a douche tho.

Advertisement: