Syntha 6 Cold Stone Series Reviews

By: BSN

6.9

(Better than 10% in Meal Replacements)

Syntha 6 Cold Stone Series is a Meal Replacement manufactured by BSN. It is a protein based supplement meant to provide additional fats and carbohydrates with the purpose of providing a quick and conveinient meal. It can promote lean muscle mass gain and aid in fat loss. It is not to be used as a sole source of nutrition.

Protein > Meal Replacements

Overall
Overall
3.0
3.0
(SR paid for product; BSN did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Stomach Discomfort
    • Bloating
    • High Sodium
    • High Carbs

A not so clean profile with a poor taste considering its marketing for big flavor. Bad mixability and this can give you some stomach issues along the way. Avoid this protein.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! BSN has been a brand that has been around since I can remember, so when I heard they teamed up with Cold Stone Ice Cream to create a Protein flavor, I got very excited. I was hesitant to get it at first, since I have a lot of protein at home, but once the SR crew offered this up, I had to jump on it! So a big thank you to Tommy and Clipper for the opportunity to try this out, lets see if this lived up to my expectations.

This is listed under the meal replacement category here on SR, but I think its just your basic blended protein. Either way the macros we get per scoop (47g) are 200 calories, 6g total fat (2g saturated), 240mg Sodium, 14g Carbs, and 22g Protein. The protein matrix is comprised of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Whites, and Glutamine Peptides. It is not fully disclosed how much of each protein is actually in here, so we really do not know if we are getting an even distribution of all the proteins, or what the balance truly is. There is a ton of other ingredients, which I will include a picture of as it is too long to list.

The profile really does not do much for me. Granted this is a blended or meal replacement type option, it just appears to me to have a ton of filler ingredients and is a bit high in Carbs and Sodium for the amount of protein you are getting per scoop.

Taste: I recieved the GermanChokolateKake flavor. It did not taste good at all. It was drinkable, but I was expecting good tasting protein with all those filler ingredients, and it was a very bland and poor tasting chocolate shake. You barely get a chocolate flavor from it. I mixed it with milk and water, with milk it was tolerable, but with water it was terrible. Very disappointed here. Perhaps the other flavors are better, who knows.

Mixability: This mixed okay in my shaker at one scoop. Residue would almost immediately settle to the bottom after the initial shakes, so it was completely unavoidable to not have residue on the bottom of the shaker cup. Mixability here was poor.

Dosing: I would take one scoop with milk or water either post workout, or to start my day on rest days. Its a protein powder, so you dose this as needed to fit your daily needs.

So when I saw Clipper only sent me a bag of 9 servings, I was sad. Then I tried the first shake and was glad! I gauge all my protein powders based off digestibility and if it kept me full or not, obviously varying by the protein type. One scoop would always make me feel bloated, and would not digest well at all for me. It would seem to just sit at the bottom of my stomach and be a rock there for half an hour after consuming it. It did in fact keep me full due to this, but not in the good way where you feel satiated, but in the bad way where you feel like you ate too much or have a stomach ache. Poor digestibility and poor taste, that is enough for me to know that this is a very poorly put together protein powder. Very disappointing!

You can get this for $29.58 from bodybuilding.com, or $29.99 from the Vitamin Shoppe or Fitness First USA. This size gets you 25 servings and comes out to about $1.18 per serving. You can buy bigger sizes for more savings as well. However, given that this was not effective for me, and pretty much hurt me versus helping me, there is no value in this. The price is not so great anyways, but it is widely available and you can find it for good deals. No value to be had in my eyes.

Side Effects

Bloating and stomach ache at one scoop, whether I dosed it with milk or water.

Conclusion

This protein is a complete gimmick in my eyes and was one of the biggest supplement let downs for me in 2018. I do not recommend this to anyone, it has a poor ingredient profile and can cause you some discomfort. I could almost look past half of this if the taste was great, but BSN could not even get that right with this flavor. Your mileage may vary, this was my experience, but a big DaSlaya thumbs down!!
    • Germanchokolatekake: 2/10

• Wis3guy
      July 13, 2018

Nice job, however, cold stone not taste good....? I might have to boycott this company for messing up my cheat food...

• htevans
      July 13, 2018

This may be one of the saddest reviews I've read on here (not in quality). Really wanted this to be good. Excellent review though.

July 13, 2018

Believe me boys, this was one of those BIGGEST supplement disappointments I have ever had. I hyped it up so much! How dare you tarnish the cold stone name!

• Clipper83
      July 13, 2018

I have you the fiber for a reason!

haha touche'

• Unheard0f
      July 14, 2018

BSN ALWAYS letting me down.

• July 14, 2018

Really surprised this didn't taste good. Syntha 6 was always my go-to protein back in the day to satisfy my sweet tooth without sabotaging my macros. Very sad to hear this..

July 16, 2018

Yeah maybe it was just this particular flavor...other sites have review the other ice cream flavors and said they were great! who knows....either way it did not digest well with me, so no bueno...sad day indeed!

Advertisement: