Nitrix 2.0 Reviews

By: BSN

Pre-Workout > Pump
Nitrix 2.0 is a Pump Product manufactured by BSN. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  January 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dosing
  • No Side Effects
  • Inconsistent Results
Introduction:
This was the first pump product I have given a try. I have used pre-workouts and various intra-workouts hoping that those would give me a bit more muscular fullness and more vascularity, but never took anything specifically for that during my weight lifting. I used this for mainly weight-lifting, and sometimes pre-cardio. I also used it hoping for improved oxygen endurance and efficiency.

Ingredient Profile:
90 Tablets
Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container:30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Niacin 12mg 60%
BSN Nitrix® 2.0 Proprietary Blend 3.6g **
Concentrated Nitrix Composite* **
L-Citrulline, Hawthorne Extract (Aerial Parts) (1% Flavonoids, 3% Oligomeric Proanthyocyanidins), Pomegranate Fruit (20% Punicaligins), Grape Seed Extract (85% Polyphenols), Pterostilbene (PTeroPure®*), Red Pepper Extract (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimax*), Trans-Resveratrol (ResVida®), Black Pepper Extract (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (Bioperine®)
Myogenic Matrix* **
Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCI (Con-Cret®), Creatine Anhydrous

*My thoughts on the ingredient profile were:
-That I would need to take 3 tablets twice daily for a total of 3 grams of creatine (so I would need to continue to supplement creatine from somewhere else, as I take 5g creatine twice daily and only took this once daily as a pre-workout pump product)
-The proprietary blend was low in my opinion, as I have read in articles and studies that a minimum of 8grams of L-citrulline are really needed for an improvement in vascularity. Although I do not know the exact amounts of everything in that proprietary blend, just the knowledge of how under-dosed the L-citrulline was made me very concerned that I was being under-dosed on everything else
-I am a big fan of the pepper extracts as a way to boost metabolism, and liked that I saw that in here.
-The other ingredients listed such as the "ResVida" may be powerful anti-oxidants, but again I felt that I was going to be potentially under-dosed as I have seen this come in forms by itsself and taken as low as 100mg once-twice daily or as high as >500mg twice daily. Not knowing how much there is in this product, I never knew if this was hugely impacting and beneficial to my cardiovascular health.

I have no issues with swallowing the tablets, but they were larger than most other tablets I have taken, so if you have issues downing horse pills, you should stay away from this product. There was no taste and no aftertaste. No burping or GI discomfort that I could link to this product. The dosing is really simple, as one dose is only 3 tablets. My only reasoning to not give this a 10/10, is because the bottle directs you to take it twice daily. I really wanted something I could take a few tablets prior to my workout to help me out. I did not want to have to dose this multiple times a day for effects.

In all fairness I never took this as directed at twice daily dosing. I only took it prior to either jogging or weight lifting. I always took it stacked along with my regular PWO, and continued to also supplement it with extra L-citrulline and continued to take my 5grams of creatine twice daily, only hoping that the product would help me gain fullness/pumps and more vascularity from workouts. I saw somewhat of an increase in vascularity, but nothing that blew my mind. I would sometimes feel that when taken all together, everything increased my cardiovascular/breathing endurance and that some workouts I was able to push a little harder and faster than those that I did not take this as part of my pre-workout and supplements stack. There were other workouts that I felt completely flat, even though I did take this and also did not really see much of an increase in vascularity.
It was inconsistent results at best and that was not good enough for me.

Value:
I bought this as part of a huge bodybuilding.com order. It continues to be buy one get one free (90 tablet size) as I post this review. That means 180 tablets = $31 not including tax (It would last you a month if you took it as directed, so about a buck a day).
This is not very expensive in the grand scheme of supplement cost and pump products, but for it not to do a lot for me, it really is not worth any money.

Side Effects:
Aside from the lack of desirable side effects, there was nothing negative I ever noticed associated with this product's use.

Conclusion:
Try it if money is not an issue, but plan to stack other things along with it to make up for where it falls short. In all honesty, I am glad I gave it a whirl, and after buying it I continued to read about different pump products out there and have decided that this really falls short of being a solid pump product. I would not give this another try, as I feel there are a lot of other products that could deliver more of what I am looking for, and that I am going to get a better value on.