(Better than 34% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

PRICES (33)
(30 sv) - [$0.63/sv]

Ill Pump You Up

DPS Nutrition

Muscle and Strength

A1Supplements

Amino X is a BCAA manufactured by BSN. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
DEALS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
6.4
  August 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Price
  • Very Carbonated
  • Pricey If Double Scoop

After finishing finals I'm finally back with a handful of new reviews!

This is quite a simple product, they claim they have a huge amount of BCAAs, 10 grams, but lets take a deeper look because it's not what it seems:

- L-Alanine (3.5g): No, we are not talking about Beta-Alanine, Alanine on it's own is a non-essential amino acid, it is considered the most important nutrient for the amino acid metabolism in the blood together with L-Glutamine. Once synthesised L-alanine is absorbed via the liver and converted to a pyruvate. This compound is critical for the production of glucose and and hence blood sugar management. In other words, it's used to prevent the organism from suffering low blood sugar or insuline shocks.

- L-Arginine (45mg): It is a conditionally essential amino acid that directly produces nitric oxide via the nitric oxide synthase enzymes. Here comes the catch, the recommended dose is 3 to 6g and this product has only 25mg.

- Taurine (2.5g): Dosages between 500mg-2,000mg have shown efficacy, although the upper limit for toxicity is placed at a much greater level and high doses are well-tolerated. It's know for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising plus it can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.

- L-Leucine (2g): Leucine tends to be supplement in the 2-5g ratio, it is one of the three branched chain amino acids and sometimes referred to as the 'main' amino acid due to the most popular benefit of BCAAs plus it is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after meals even though the studies are still in progress. Leucine, however, is non-stimulatory.

- L-Isoleucine (1g): The recommended dosage range for isoleucine per se is 48-72mg/kg and it is intermediate for its ability to induce muscle protein synthesis (stronger than valine, but much weaker than leucine) but is able to significantly increase glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise. Isoleucine does not promote glycogen synthesis, however.

- L-Valine (1g): There is currently insufficient evidence to suggest an optimal dose of valine supplementation and for what purposes valine supplementation might actually be useful for. In isolation, there is currently no hugely significant benefit of its supplementation that cannot be replicated by either leucine or isoleucine supplementation.

Keep in mind the recommended dose of these last BCAAs combines is about 5 g to 10 g, this product is underdosed.

- The thing with BSN's products is that they like to, well, explode. If you mix this thing in a shaker bottle and shake it hard once you open the lid some nice liquid is going to hit your ceiling. Jokes aside, it mixes pretty nicely and has a bit of foam but this is expected coming from a BCAA product.

- There are a handful of flavors such as green apple, blue raspberry, fruit punch, strawberry kiwi... and watermelon, the one that I tasted. It had a Jolly Rancher like flavor with some sour aftertaste. It was definitely good.

- Dosing is sketchy, you would need to go with 2 scoops to get the (almost) full recommended dose of BCAAs.

It is quite difficult to talk about effectiveness on a BCAA product that has no added ingredients such as citrulline, beta alanine. It does have a fair amount of Taurine and L-Alanine, but the actual nitric oxide boosting part (I'm talking about Arginine) just wasn't there. On the other hand I did noticed a decrease in my fatigue when taking them pre/intra workout and a decrease in my reaction time but nothing to write home about. As you can expect there was no increase in muscle power or focus or energy, but like I said before, there shouldn't be any per se. I usually took them when training first thing in the morning in a faster state as I do believe they help preserving muscle mass specially on a cut. I didn't notice a better recovery after my workouts or any decrease in DOMS.

Stackability isn't great on this product, it's not because its flavor gets in the way when mixing it with a preworkout, it's because of the fizziness it gives to the whole beverage which isn't appealing to me personally. Some people may not mind that, however.

Let's say you don't care about having 5g of BCAAs and just go with 1 scoop. The regular price is about $20 which comes at $0.66 per serv. It isn't bad but then you look at the label again and think about the low amount of BCAAs you are getting.

Now, imagine you bump up the dose to get the right ammount of BCAAs, now the price is $1.33 and that is certainly expensive.

There is a 60 serv. tube for sale too.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

In three words: weak and cheap. Looking from an intra workout perspective it's quite an incomplete product. BUT, if you are looking at it for a daily use inbetween meals to increase your amino acid intake its quite a good supplement, flavors are easy to drink without getting sick of them (if you dont mind said fizziness.) Last but not least, if you are looking from a BCAAs only perspective, its a good product to double scoop and drink intra workout.

Other Prices:
DPS Nutrition   $19.99
Muscle and Strength   $19.99
A1Supplements   $19.99

July 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Addition Of A Big Dose Of Taurine
  • Addition Of Vitamin D
  • Underdosed Leucine In The 1 Scoop Serving
  • Low Value Compared To Other Modern BCAA Products

Whats up guys! Redweilerfan here with another review, this time not of a preworkout, but of a BCAA product that many will be familiar with: BSN Amino X. A couple of words on myself: Im 40 + and a big training buff from Sweden who loves the workout and the supplements that goes with it. I usually train 4 times a week and strive to build as much muscle as I can and to stay in shape overall. When it comes to BCAAs I consider them very valuable, but at the same time I have more of an "old school" approach to them; namely, I only use them postworkout and not as an intraworkout and this will shape my review here. I only use plain water for hydration during workouts, which works for me.

The version I have here seems to differ a bit from (what I gather is) the U.S version that some other reviewers have treated here on SR earlier. I have the version made for the European market and it has full disclosure on the ingredients and not a proprietary blend as has been mentioned by others here. One reviewer mentioned that the U.S version has citrulline in it, but this version lacks that ingredient for some reason. But the ingredient panel looks like this per 2 scoops (1 scoop = 14,5 g);

Vitamin D 4.9 micrograms (99 % of your daily allowance)
Vitamin B6 0.99 milligrams (70% of your daily allowance)

l-alanine 7 g
l-arginine 90 mg
Taurine 5 g
l-leucine 4 g
l-isoleucine 2 g
l-valine 2 g

Now, these figures are as I said based on the 2 scoop serving. I will return to the serving size in the Effectiveness section, since it depends on your intended use of it. First off, we got ourselves vitamin D in a good dose per 2 scoops and that is a nice addition. Vitamin D is important and besides being fundamental for skeletal tissue and for your immune system it is also essential for production of testosterone. So that is a good addition for postworkout use mainly. The vitamin B6 is adequate here and is essential for energy, optimal metabolism and proper function of your central nervous system. Now to the important ingredients. We got l-alanine in a big dose of 7 g and this amino acid is mainly important for energy production and metabolism of glucose. The l-arginine is renowned obviously for its vasodilation and pump effect, although here it is much underdosed even in the 2 scoop serving. Taurine, on the other hand, comes in a massive 5 g dose, and this is beyond doubt the most important ingredient for intraworkout use, but not so much for postworkout use though. Taurine primarily delivers muscle power output and adds to muscle cell volumization, and only secondarily does it have some energizing properties, which is probably why we see it in energy drinks. The BCAAs in the 2 scoop serving are in an optimal ratio with 4 g of leucine, the essential part of instigating protein synthesis (muscle growth). But if we look at the 1 scoop serving, then we must conclude that the leucine is underdosed, and that is a bit problematic concerning value and effectiveness. But again, it depends on how you use the product, as an intraworkout or postworkout. According to Dr Jim Stoppani, a well-known authority on supplementation and equally well-known to mainly an American audience, a 3 g dose of leucine is the "suggested minimum amount you need to optimize mTOR activation and maximize muscle protein synthesis." He further suggests that an additional 3 g of leucine ,"at least", is required postworkout to initiate protein synthesis. (See Jim Stoppani, "Ask the Supp Guru: What is the Best Ratio of BCAAs?" on Bodybuilding.com February 21, 2017).

I went for the Fruit Punch flavour and it was good through and through. Not delicious, but a good fruit punch nonetheless. Good balanced sweetness and the taste was not artificial. It also comes in the other usual flavours; Blue Raspberry, Water Melon, Cola, Lime Cola and Green Apple, so there is something for everyone. Mixability was okay; a bit of residue always remained independent of how much I shook the shaker bottle, but thats a minor thing only. Its a bit foamy, but BCAAs usually are, so again, no real issue there either. Wait a few minutes and the foam will settle. Dosing is a bit tricky however; if you go for 1 scoop as a postworkout, then the leucine in only 2 g becomes underdosed. The same goes for vitamin B and D in the 1 scoop serving. If you use it as an intraworkout, then that would be another issue. The 2 scoop serving is optimal then, but not for value. But the label on the tub explicitly states that you should; "Consume post workout", so it is a bit confusing since the label says that 1 scoop is the intended dose, but the ingredients are spelled out based on a 2 scoop serving

I used this as a postworkout only, and I also went for the 1 scoop serving, so one would automatically think that effectiveness would be minimal. But strangely enough I actually had some noticeable effectiveness concerning recovery. Typically, sore muscles would be reduced to a minimum and it only took a couple of days for my sore chest muscles to go back to normal again even after I smashed my PB on chest. So yes, recovery was very good overall, in spite of some ingredients being underdosed in the 1 scoop serving. Aching muscles quickly got back to normal which made it easier to go back to the same muscle groups again a couple of days later. When it comes to energy I didn't really notice any rise of that, but I rarely do even when using other and stronger BCAAs so I don't blame the product. Muscle growth I really cant say anything about, I only used one tub and that is a too small amount and too narrow a time frame to actually evaluate anything of significance in that department. It would require an extensive period of use before one could say anything significant about results in muscle growth due to a single BCAA product. And then there are still many other factors to weigh into your evaluation, such as food intake, age, gender, other supplements used, how often one trains and so forth. So effectiveness is a bit tricky concerning BCAAs, since you do not have those immediate effects to evaluate as you have when using preworkouts for example. But recovery was very good overall, which surprised me.

Value is tricky as well, because it depends on which dose you take, and what you actually are looking for in the product. If you go for 2 scoops in order to get as clinical dosages as possible then you will burn through a tub in no time. The total amount of servings is listed on the label as "approximately 30 servings", but that is when taking 1 scoop and oddly enough the listing of the ingredients is based on a 2 scoop serving as I mentioned above Again, if you want to use this as a postworkout and maximize clinical dosages, you better go for 2 scoops, which give you 15 servings in total for around 18-20 dollars (18.99 on Amazon for example). The price is similar in Sweden (retail price is 215 crowns which is approximately 19-20 U.S dollars), so it is not the most expensive BCAA product around either, which may in your opinion make up for the 15 servings only in the 2 scoop serving. But if you are content with 1 scoop, then the value increases of course. But again, if we compare with many other brands, the value here is droppping a bit.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I found this product to be a bit sub par when it comes to dosing and serving size mainly. Today, the market is practically flooded with BCAA products that have very high ratios such as 8:1:1, 10:1:1 and even 12:1:1 in a 1 scoop serving, and with prices not to far above the money you have to spend for BSN Amino X. With leucine being the main reason for BCAA supplementation and with abovementioned in view, I would say that BSN Amino X seems to be a bit outdated in its leucine amount compared to others. It all depends on your intended use of the product; if you go for intraworkout then 1 scoop will suffice and you have 30 servings for a reasonable price. If you go for optimal dosages with it as a postworkout; well, then you have 15 servings in comparison with more modern products with higher leucine amounts in a 1 scoop serving and in 30 servings total for not so much higher price tags. There is no glutamine in here either, which most modern BCAA products contain, although its effects are somewhat debated. The choice is yours. I liked the taste and it had some good recovery qualities to it even in a 1 scoop serving, the addition of taurine in a high dose was nice, as was the addition of vitamin D, but I will continue to use other BCAA products in the future. BSN Amino X is not a bad BCAA supplement per se, but viewed in its context it falls a bit short in comparison with hundreds and hundreds of other products with better value and higher amounts of essential ingredients. But that was just my take on it guys, have a good one!
  • Fruit Punch: 7/10

Other Prices:
DPS Nutrition   $19.99
Muscle and Strength   $19.99
A1Supplements   $19.99

July 31, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Price
  • Watermelon
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
  • No Glutamine

6'1, 194-199 lbs .. Basketball player (Middle School-HS, & Military Base Teams,Adult leagues) . Graveyard shift (12-8am) squeeze in gym right after work or after a 3 hour nap, diet is def on the go style, not up to par where it should be but i avoid McDs/BK/etc. 1st thoughts on AminoX was obviously the loud bottle & Label (good marketing) and im always lookig for input on supps before i try em for myself, leading me here.

10G of "Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion" . i hate these type of blends (proprietary) as you never know how much of what youre getting but im open to trying and seeing for myself, plus, pretty good reviews.

Taste (Watermelon) is AMAZING, just like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher, each scoop calls for 6-8oz of cold water but thats super sweet, i like to make it stretch with the full 20oz of my shaker and its actually perfectly flavored, completely mixes after a few shakes. I think this is definitely its strongest aspect. Smooth drink, not carbonated, like a healthy kool-aid

Recovery was avg. Typical recovery time for legs (4-5 days). So if anything, was more as a protein synthesizer than an on the spot recovery formula

one of the best values as one scoop goes a long way with effective taste, as to where others when you add water, the flavor really dilutes.
Under $20 most places before shipping and etc. But you can usually get a deal for a bigger container or free or discounted stuff with it

Side Effects

None whatsoever, if anything, an "MMMM!" upon tasting, and wanting to drink the stuff all the damn time

Conclusion

I keep this stocked up along with others that im trying, its like an every day drink (Kool-aid) great for a sweet tooth if you have trouble giving in to soda, and juices very good pricing if anything i doubt the amount of BCAAs individually in the prop. blend but its effective enough to keep me buying. would recommend of flavor is a big thing to you

April 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Value
  • Good Price
  • No Glutamine
  • Pricey If Double Scoop

This is my first post on this site. I'm 32 years old, vegan, 6'5'', 215lbs and played sports growing up (basketball, baseball, volleyball). But after graduating high school and later getting married, I've managed to pack on some weight. I have been trying to lose fat/gain muscle over the last 8 years but hadn't found a workout program I loved enough to stick with. I tried weight lifting but didn't really see the benefit long enough to keep doing it. However, 3 months ago, I started doing CrossFit and have been consistently doing it (and seeing some great results) ever since.

I came across SR by doing some research on Muscle Warfare products. I recently won a "caption this photo" contest - my first online contest win EVER - and was told I'd be receiving a few Muscle Warfare products.

Before I take any new product, I will spend hours watching online reviews, reading ingredients, and doing my research. I like knowing what goes into my body rather than trusting supplement companies to tell me the truth.

I am new to taking BCAA supplements, let alone any product for that matter (other than plant-based protein), but have instantly grown to love BSN's Amino X. I've been taking this product for 1 month now and can already feel an endurance boost and shorter recovery time than ever before. I don't know much about L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine so I really can't give an educated opinion on which ratio is best for muscle growth, endurance, and recovery. All I know is that for me, this product really works.

After just a few shakes, this product is well-mixed. Amino X is effervescent (shake it up and it creates pressure) so be sure to open your shaker a few times while shaking to relieve the pressure. IMO the best flavor is grape. You can add one scoop to 20 ounces of water and the flavor is still strong. Green Apple and Watermelon have good flavors too but you can't use as much water - 10 ounces max before they taste diluted.

I started taking this product one month ago and within 2 weeks I already felt good results. I have noticed I can endure the pain a little longer than ever before (which tremendously helps with CrossFit) and that I'm not as sore the next few days after a hard work out.

I found a website that sells this product for $15.25 (30 servings) by using a 10% off coupon. I have purchased Grape, Green Apple, and Watermelon flavors. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to drop other website names in yet so I will hold off telling the website where I buy my Amino X.

Side Effects

So far I haven't noticed any side effects but will update my post if I do.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a great product and I will keep taking it as my go-to BCAA product. I enjoy the flavors, it mixes well, and I'm noticed results even after only 2 weeks of use.

Where to Buy

I purchase my Amino X from eSupplements.com. I use the coupon ESUPSD10 for 10% off. This website sells the cheapest Amino X I've found. I've used that code 3 times over the last 2 months (bought 3, 30 serving containers) and it has worked every time. Their return policy is amazing too!

March 7, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Good Ratio
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Fruit Punch
Profile:
Total Carbohydrate <1g <1
Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 500IU 125%
Sodium 160mg 7%
Anabolic Amino Acid Interfusion 10g
[L-Leucine (Micronized), L-Valine (Micronized), L-Isoleucine (Micronized)], L-Alanine, Taurine (Micronized), L-Citrulline (Micronized)
Efforsorb EnDura Composite 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate And Cholecalciferol

The Vitamin D in this product was a nice surprise which initially held me back from purchasing it. After some consideration I decided to go for it as living in Maryland during this winter, I definitely did not get enough Vitamin D naturally.

Mixability: 9/10
This product mixed extremely well with a standard blender bottle. I rarely saw foam like I encountered with Aminolast, which quite honestly a nice surprise as I was expecting a foamy product based on memories on NO Xplode. The only reason this didn't score a 10 was the carbonation. While I really enjoyed the unique taste carbonation gave, popping open the lid meant some literal pops. I once opened it at practice and it sounded like a shotgun. Other than the popping and the little gust of air and droplets it sometimes shot in my face, I was pleased.

Taste: 10/10
I'm not typically a fan of BSN flavoring. Old memories of NO Xplode (both the original and 2.0) and Hyper FX samples have just left a bad taste in my mouth. With this in mind I went into this tub with an extreme bias and expected to hate it, but I was proven wrong. The fruit punch flavor tasted like Minute Maid fruit punch to me, which I love.

How I used it: After finishing a tub of Gaspari's Aminolast, I picked up some Amino X on a whim because I found it for dirt cheap. I dosed the product at 1 scoop intraworkout for easier gym days. I dosed it at 2 scoops on heavier days like leg day or days when I just wasn't feeling it. As I went through the tub I used 2 scoops much more often. I also used it during off days when I needed something to flavor my water or was really sore.

Effectiveness/Results: 9/10
I felt great while using this product. When used intraworkout I felt I had better endurance. Taking this product during a cut, I was also supplementing with BCAAs to minimize muscle loss and being near the end of my cut I can safely say, I lost very little muscle and maintained my strength throughout the workouts.

Value: 8.5/10
I personally found this product on Amazon for around 25 USD shipped (to be fair I did use a 5$ gift card on Amazon but this was also the best buy on Amazon at the time of my purchase). For 70 servings, or in my case about 45 workouts, I found this to be unbeatable. As of this review, Amino X can be picked up for about 40 USD plus shipping at most places, which for 70 servings is not too bad. Still, there are a few other products on the market with slightly better cost per serving ratios.

This was just a solid product from BSN. I went in expecting the worst and got the best. Amino X won me over, plain and simple. Recovery and muscle retention were on point with other BCAA products and the taste was great. Amino X is definitely a top contender in the BCAA market.

February 24, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Improves Recovery
  • Price
  • Makes You Have To Go
Sugar Free, 10g's of Amino Acids per serving, zero caffeine

I bought this stuff 2 years ago to try out as my first intra work out. i was comparing products and was a little short on cash at the time and it was a toss up between this and ON Amino Energy. BSN claims on the tub that it supports Endurance, Muscle Sparing, Muscle Protein Synthesis, and recovery from training sessions... im going to rate the whole product on a 1-10 scale and give it a 7 only for the simple fact that every time i use it im up every hour on the hour having to pee and it seems like more goes out than what goes in!

of course after working out i was sore, its not going to magically make you not sore! but i was only hurting for about 2 days drinking 2 of these a day, it could just be me though

as for all the other stuff written on the tub, i really have no idea how to rate it, everyones body is different.

the taste is a 10, i got the watermelon flavor, and it tastes great, no after taste either, and it doesnt get you jittery so you can take it along side a pre workout with out feeling like your heart is going to explode..

IMO the ON Amino Energy is the way to go, especially if you forget to take your Prework out like ive done a few times, it gives you the energy to power through a work out, and your not up all night running to the bathroom to take a leak

September 27, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Little Too Carbonated
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Why BCAA's? again Ill stress out the captivating qualities that lies in these suckers in general.
Muscle preservation, muscle builiding stimulator (not to the extent of anabolics of course), improve recovery/soreness, and for leucine specifically, the ability to push the body into ketosis quicker.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

So, on to the goods. BSN Amino X. Ill be honest, the first BSN product I had as a highschooler was the Original N.O. Xplode, the feelings I got from those got me a little bias over the years, but that that bias is now deadened, I have been enlightened, and so now I approach this with a much more subjective views.

I've taken Betancourt's Pure-amino, Axis lab ngage,
and countless samples of BCAA's. As I am an avid user, in general I can tell what distinguish one BCAA products from another. (like an addict who can tell mixes stuff from pure stuff XD)

Features to look for: Recovery time, soreness the next day, endurance while lifting/ running, strength retention/drop off during calorie deficit diets.

To the Labels: BSN is a big Proprietary blend fan so the general numbers are as follows.

Serving size: 1 scoop, 30 servings per 15 ounce container.

Less than 1g carbs per scoop, with addition of vitamin d and sodium.

Amino acid profiles: 10g in Proprietary blend

Efforsorb Endura Composite : 2g
Citric acid,
Malic acid
Sodium Bicarbonate
and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D)

Mixability: 5/10 This is the only real issue I have with Amino-x, it mixes very well in water, not a problem, but the main concern is the carbonation and pressure build up effect. In an el cheapo shaker, the pressure can build up to a point where the cap literally pop off, and on almost every occasion, this happened to me.

First time it happened, okay, just gotta be careful, second time it happens, okay maybe I got to shake then relieve pressure.

And when you have to do this for about 15-20 more times, it gets very annoying very quickly.

Especially when you throw in 2 scoops on leg/deadlift day.

Effectiveness: 7/10 Increase recovery, decrease soreness, muscle preservation. All there, but nothing spectacular, it works just nothing special and nothing truly noteworthy.

Taste: Solid 8/10
Blue razz was the first tub I used, little tangy, not too overly sweet, very pleasant to sip on throughout the workout.
Watermelon was another one I got. Very tangy, little sweet mix with sour but nothing unpleasant.

Value: 8.5/10
I got a full 30 serving tub for 20 bucks the first time. 15 for the second tub in a local shop. Lockout has it for about 18.

comes to a little over 50 cents a serving. Solid price if you can bear the carbonation effects.

Good stuff, solid, nothing truly special, nothing horrendous either aside from the boom in the face effect from shaking in a cheap shaker.

September 1, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Good Price
  • Carbonated
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improves Recovery
  • Effective
  • Good Ratio
  • Pricey If Double Scoop
First a huge thanks to Eric Hart from BSN for giving me the opportunity to run this awesome tasting Amino Product, in my opinion its the best tasting one out there. Lets get into the review.

Taste varies. I was given a container of Watermelon and Blue Razz and the last time I dealt with Eric he also sent me several samples of their Fruit Punch flavor. Watermelon and Fruit punch are both high up there with a rating of 9.5/10 for Fruit Punch and 9/10 for Watermelon. Their Blue Razz dropped a bit to 8/10 but is still really good. I think what I loved so much about this product is that its just so darn good tasting. Most Amino products have flavor, and they usually taste great, but the flavor isn't very strong, AminoX has a VERY strong flavor, very sweet. They recommend 6oz of water but 5oz gave it the best flavor in my opinion, I really love that its only 4-6oz of water however, making this something I can drink before a workout or before bed if I wanted without having to go to the bathroom halfway through. And an added bonus, is it tastes carbonated, you can hear it when you open your blender bottle as well.

One thing I wanted to talk about, I saw someones review or them just talking about a long time ago, they mentioned it was far too sweet for their taste so they used 12oz (or was it 16?) of water instead of the 6-8 and they felt it was perfect after that. I decided to do the same thing with 12oz to let you know how it is. I figured it would taste extremely watered down but I gotta admit, the taste wasn't bad at all. It kind of reminded me of RecoverPro, remember how the taste was good but not extremely strong? That's exactly how this was, which I feel is a real plus, not only for people who simply think its too sweet as is, but also for those of us who drink something non stop in the gym, this will make it last a lot longer.

Mixability 10/10 how can you give anything less than perfect when it starts dissolving immediately? Two small shakes and your done, its that simple. No settling, no foaming, no clumps of anything, simply no problems.

Effectiveness 6.5/10 I liked to drink 1 or 2 servings right after my preworkout to help fuel my muscles during my routine. I felt doing this helped a bit with endurance. While I was still very sore the next day, I noticed the soreness didn't last as long so there was a nice little plus for me. The benefits seems to pick up as I went further through the containers though. On rest days I would just use it before bed if I didnt drink protein, or I would drink it right away in the morning as soon as I rolled out of bed.

After I ran out of my other Amino products I started adding 2 scoops to 20oz of water to sip through my workout on days that wasn't too intense. Real intense days I would add 3 scoops to 20oz and it worked great.

Value 7/10 I think this isn't a bad price at all...if you're using one scoop a day, 2 or even 3 scoops and it gets pricey. I do love this product and will continue to use it. You can find this on AllStarHealth.com for about $16 so you get each serving for roughly $0.53. Of course if you're like me and you like to take more than one scoop than obviously it lowers the value quite a bit, but I still think its perfect as a before bed/workout supp.

Profile 7/10 One 14.5g scoop of this will give you
Carbs <1g
Vitamin D 500IU
Sodium 160mg
-Amino Acid Interfusion- 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (Leucin, Isoleucine, and Valine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine, Micronized L-Citrulline.
-Efforsorb EnDura Composite- 2g
Citric Acid, Malic ACid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cholecalciferol.

So in my opinion this is a pretty good profile, unfortunately we have no idea about any levels since, as always, its a prop blend. In my opinion it could use some glutamine but it still does a decent job.

Bottom line: I recommend this product. Yes yes I know, big shock that Im recommending another BSN product, but what can I say, it works, it tastes great, and its not overly expensive.

July 18, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Effective
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Taste Is Alright
  • Price
Got this product as a part of a BSN stack from bodybuilding.com. I stacked this product with Cellmass 2.0, Hyper FX, and Syntha-6. This product is effective stacked, but can be a bit pricy for such little amount of servings when pill-form BCAA are quite cheap. Ingredient Profile-
Serving Size: 1 scoop (14.5g)
Servings per container: 30 (435g)
<1g carb, 160mg Sodium, 500IU Vitamin D 10g
amino acids A big plus to this product was that it
was sugar and calorie free
Amino Acid Interfusion: 10g
Micronized BCAA Blend (L-Leucine, L-Valine,
L-Isoleucine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine,
Micronized L-Citrulline
Efforsorb EnDura Composite: 2g
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, and
Cholecalciferol
Taste/Mixability- 8.5/10
This product was a fine powder and mixed with
amazing ease. The taste was a bit off for me but was
completely manageable. It didn't taste
overwhelmingly sweet which was a big plus.
Value- 6.5/10
I felt like the price is a bit off when BCAA tablets are
much, much cheaper.
Recovery- 7.5/10
I didn't' feel any major recovery benefits, but when I
used this product my soreness was less than usual
which did allow me to hit the weights harder.
Endurance- 8/10
I usually did cardio after lifting which is when I took
this supplement. I was able to push through my
cardio session with the tank still half full at the end
of it. I tired less with this supplement, then without
it.
Performance/Strength- 9/10
Amino acids are the building blocks to building
muscle and with this supplement it definitely gets
the job done and does it well. All of my core lifts
shot up in their max, but don't forget I also stacked
it with other products.
Overall- 9/10
I really liked this product. It was convenient, easy to
use, and offered a wide range of benefits. I had no
side effects and loved everything it did for me. I will
definitely use this product again, but the .price might
keep me away from it for a while when other forms of
BCAA are much cheaper

July 11, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Tastes Great
  • Effective
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Fruit Punch
    This is my first review, so please bear with me for any mistakes and my writing. English is not my first language, but I will try to write proper english as much as possible.

So Amino X is BSN product. I personally don't like BSN products. But Amino X is exception, because really works as they say.

Effectiveness(9/10): I was surprised positively above this product. It gave me muscle endurance, and recovery was really good. My workouts start to improve when I was useing this product. I don't have nothing negative to say about effectiveness. It really give you what it says.

Taste (9/10): I had fruit punch and it tested good. I personally don't like fruit punch flavor. But BSN Amino x fruit punch flavor tested like flavor from bubble gums(Hubba Bubba). I recommend this flavor.

Mix(10/10): Mixing is excellently and I have no remarks here.

Price/value(8/10): Price is good. Not to high. It is just right at the point. I saw a lot more expensive products, that were offering much less. So from price point it is good investment. Only problem that I experienced is that this product is hard to get.