Burn Clarinol CLA Powder Reviews

By: BQuick

Burn Clarinol CLA Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by BQuick. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

March 10, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slightly More Vascular
  • Not Effective At 18 Days
  • How Well Does Cla Even Work
CLA now there is something that has been debated over for years. Does it work? For some yes, for most however results are null to nonexistent. With that being said I took B-Quick Burns CLA powder, which is supposedly a much pure form of CLA (Clarinol) for the recommended 18 day. The reason being, I have never tried a CLA product before and I wanted to see if any type of leaning and trimming would happen. So on to the review:

B-Quick's Clarinol is said to include these benefits (From their site)

"¢ Scientifically proven Clarinol® CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) all-natural ingredient powder made from safflower oil
"¢ This product contains only 100% pure Clarinol® CLA powder with no other ingredients
"¢ Studies prove that when 3 grams of CLA are consumed daily body fat can be reduced safely in 8 to 12 weeks
"¢ Aids in blood sugar stabilization and is a potent antioxidant with cardiovascular benefits
BQuick BURN is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise
"¢ Gluten free, vegetarian, non-dairy and non-GMO

Now since a tub will last only you 18 days you will need multiple if you want to test out the body fat reduction of 8-12 weeks.

Value-5

Now I like the fact that each serving is 4 grams of CLA instead of having to take 4 horse pills. That being said however with only 18 servings or less than 3 weeks, this is really not enough time to get a good feel on the CLA. Most products kick in right at the third week so why not make it like 24 servings or even 30? With only 18 if your not seeing results your not going to buy it again. Also at $39.95 direct from their site, that's a steep price for what you get. I like purity and all but not at 18 servings.

Effectiveness-5

Like I said in the above post there was not enough product to see too significant results. I would take this in the morning mixed with water before breakfast. In the second week of taking this I did notice a SLIGHT tighter muscle tone, meaning more vascularity and more pronounced muscularity. It may sound funny but that is the only thing I can contribute directly to B-Quick. I did not have any appetite suppression due to this nor water loss. With our day in age people want to see results immediately so with this being 8-12 weeks to see "significant" results, it may turn some people away.

Taste-?

It's unflavored but to me had sort of a dairy flavor. It almost tasted and had the consistency of an unflavored coffee creamer.

Overall-5

I just didn't see the results to use CLA again. Now I know a lot of people that take CLA everyday, but even their results are not "significant". Also I couldn't imagine plunking down $40 every 3 weeks for a product, even protein lasts longer than that lol. A couple years ago you could find CLA in just about every fat burning stack, now its almost nonexistent. That's the thing about the supplement industry, you may be the top dog one year and at the bottom of the barrel the next. Purity doesn't always equal results.

December 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Suppressed Hunger
  • Helped With Recomposition
  • Leaves Lots Of Residue In Shaker Cups

BQuick Nutrition is a relatively new company that focuses on using ultra pure ingredients to produce scientifically backed products that they believe are effective at enhancing both performance and an overall healthy lifestyle. All of BQuick's products are manufactured in the USA in cGMP NSF for Sport certified facilities.

Profile Overview

Each 6.7g scoop contains one simple ingredient:

Clarinol – Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 4g

I took this product the same way every day consistently – one scoop in my morning energy/recovery drink. This drink typically consists of a caffeinated base, glutamine and a BCAA product.

Flavor/Taste

Burn is nothing more than straight patented Clarinol CLA and is essentially tasteless. It is a moist powder that doesn't clump in solid chunks but does stick together slightly. This does foam up a bit when shaken in a shaker cup and will leave a long lasting, sticky residue. Your cup will need to be cleaned aggressively and consistently when using Burn. While it is flavorless/tasteless, I did notice a mild "˜waxy' flavor after drinking. It wasn't unpleasant at all and didn't bother me.

Clarinol CLA is a scientifically proven ingredient with studies showing that fat loss and muscle preservation can be attained by consuming 3g daily. The container I used has 18 total servings in it equating to 2.5wks worth of usage. Personally, I don't believe this is long enough to truly assess effectiveness however, I do feel Burn had a positive impact on my composition while taking it. I can say this because my bodyweight and body fat levels stayed consistent while my diet varied dramatically. During my run with this product several events took place that had me making poor dietary choices and regardless of those choices, my body composition stayed static or slightly improved. For example, during this time Halloween came and went, several birthday parties took place and family get-togethers commenced all with less-than-ideal food options. As someone who has a tendency to binge eat, you can rest assured that I overdid it with the kids candy, birthday cake and ice cream.
Interestingly, whether it was a placebo effect or not, I found that when I sipped on my drink containing the 4g of Burn/CLA it would stave off my hunger for a decent period of time. If I started to feel hungry, a couple sips would buy me another hour easily. Again, whether or not this was all in my head, I'm not 100% certain but it was very consistent.

How does Clarinol CLA help to keep fat off and put muscle on? Here are some details directly from Clarinol based on the scientific studies on the product:

What does CLA do to reduce body fat?

1. CLA inhibits the activity of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase (LPL). This enzyme transfers fats from the bloodstream to the fat cells. As a result of the decreased enzyme activity the transport of fat into fat cells is blocked.
2. At the same time CLA also stimulates the breakdown of stored body fat (lipolysis).
3. And additional studies have shown that CLA increases the disintegration of cells (apoptosis), resulting in a decreased number of existing fat cells.

What does CLA do to increase muscle mass?

CLA increases the activity of the enzyme carnitine palmitoyltransferase (CPT). CPT is present in the skeletal muscles and is responsible for the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria. Energy production in the body takes place in the mitochondria. Fat can be used as fuel for energy production. With an increased activity of CPT in the skeletal muscle, CLA increases the transport of fat into the mitochondria. All these steps elevate the beta-oxidation, thus helping the body to burn more fat.

Physical activity stimulates the fat transport from the bloodstream or the fat cell, to be burned in the muscle cell.

With no extra fat coming in to store in the fat cells and increased burning of stored fat, the size of these cells is reduced. Using Clarinol® CLA in combination with a sensible diet and moderate exercise can lead to an improved body shape.

All of this info and more can be found here: http://www.clarinol.com/lang/en/AboutClarinol/HowCLAWorks.aspx

Burn is available through BQuick Nutrition's website for $39.95 for an 18 serving container. This works out to $2.22 per serving. That is far too rich for my wallet! As of this review, Burn is also available elsewhere online for $29.99 for 18 servings which works out to $1.66 per serving. That's certainly a better value but still rather hefty when you're looking at needing three containers to approach the minimum of 8wks worth of usage cited by the studies on Clarinol.

Burn is an ultra pure product that has science behind it to show that it can help with your fat loss/muscle preservation goals but it comes at a high financial cost which brings down its total overall rating. I would suggest you evaluate your overall body recomposition strategy as you consider making this purchase and determine if you can afford this additional help. If money is no object, I'd encourage you to add it to your plan. If you need to budget your monthly supplement costs, you may be better off sticking with some staples and ramping up your cardio.

I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.