Ranks #24 (better than 77%)
In: Weight Loss > Thermogenics

RoxyLean is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by BPI Sports. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Weight Loss > Thermogenics

April 22, 2017

A friend of mine used to be a rep for BPI and asked if I was interested in giving RoxyLean a run, being a part of the company's new product line. At the time I had just come off of a pretty successful bulking phase and I was looking to lean out some, so the timing seemed to be just right. Knowing BPI is a pretty reputable company and that I'd have to pay to get something like this somewhere else when I could just bum free samples off my good friend, I decided to give it a go. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is a thermogenic that claims to burn fat by increasing your metabolic rate, regulate appetite and provide energy/focus throughout the day.

Thiamin (185mg)
-Also known as Vitamin B1, Thiamin helps convert carbohydrates into glucose for the body to use as energy. In addition to carbs, B1 also helps the body metabolize fats and proteins.

Niacin (30mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for converting food into fuel. In this product the purpose of it would be to increase your metabolism rate (so your body burns more calories on its own) and to supply you with more energy like Thiamin. You'll find that these two are a fairly common ingredients listed in many weight loss products.

Now unfortunately RoxyLean does come with a loaded 510mg proprietary blend. The contents are as listed: Caffeine Anhydrous, Leon, Adhatoda (leaf), Yohimbe, Goldenseal(root), Salicin (root), Scutellaria baicalensis (root) and Rauwolfia (root). Because its a prop. blend the amounts of each are not listed individually, but BPI does claim that RoxyLean has as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee.

B vitamins are also known to play an important role in immune function, especially when the body is under stress. That being said, its good to see thiamin and niacin in here because taking in that much caffeine every day can be stressful on the body.

The recommended dose is one 725mg pill daily, and please believe me when I say YOU DO NOT NEED ANY MORE THAN ONE PILL A DAY. I'll get more into why in the effectiveness/side effect categories. But each pill is powder encompassed by a gel coating, I suppose you could cut it open and mix the powder with a drink of your choice if you want to avoid taking the full dosage. I didn't bother, so I can'y speak on the mixability potential. Be warned though, the pill itself does taste/smell awful. Doesn't necessarily leave a gross lingering taste in your mouth, but I'll say that you'll want to get it down the hatch quickly.

So there are two things that RoxyLean claims to do: One is that it promotes weight loss and the second is that it boosts energy levels. Ill go over the effectiveness of the product in each respect.

As for the immediate effects contributing to weight loss, I did notice that my appetite was suppressed when I took the product. Normally I'm starving by the time noon rolls around, but with RoxyLean there were days I'd push my lunch break back to 2:00 no problem. So if you're trying to take a shortcut to pack on lean muscle fast by bulking and taking RoxyLean at the same time to "trim away the fat", trust me you're not gonna be able to eat like you plan to.
As for long term effectiveness, I took the product almost every day for 4 weeks and lost a total of 5 lbs in that time. I apologize that I don't have numbers for you, but I (and others) could tell that my body fat % had noticeably decreased. Very happy with the results

I gotta say I underestimated the energy boosting ability of RoxyLean the first time I took it. 30 minutes after taking it I was halfway through my morning coffee when it hit and WOW the jitters were real. Idiot me didn't realize there was already three coffees worth of caffeine in one pill. So, I gotta say the energy was definitely there. Kept me alert and focused throughout the day and really helped keep me from falling asleep in my classes lol. My overall productivity during the day certainly went up while on RoxyLean. I wasn't as drowsy/sleepy even after my workouts which was a plus. I have a pretty busy schedule most days of the week which can be pretty draining, so I was really happy with the boost of energy RoxyLean gave me. Best part was that I never really experienced a crash with it either. Don't know how that's possible with how much caffeine is packed in there but I wasn't gonna complain.

You can find RoxyLean on most sites retailing at $30.00 for 60 pills. At $0.50 per pill I'd say that's a pretty good value considering you'd have to pay 4-6x more for a Starbuck's coffee. So pushing the fat trimming ability claims aside, its a good deal for an energy boost if nothing else lol

Side Effects

If you have a low caffeine tolerance, this probably is not the product for you. Mine's pretty high and I even got the jitters from it on occasion. When coffee or pre workout is taken within 8 hours or so of consuming RoxyLean or if the RoxyLean is taken on an empty stomach, I'd say you're guaranteed to get the jitters pretty bad. Keep in mind that caffeine is a diuretic, and with the amount that is in RoxyLean dehydration could be a potential side effect for some. Personally I didn't experience dehydration, but I was very conscious about my water intake while on the product. A lot of people won't care about this next side effect but for those of you concerned about looking pretty in the gym, RoxyLean WILL make you sweat a lot more. At least that's what I experienced. I suspect that the increased sweat can be attributed to the boost in metabolic rate from the product. Now for the side effect that really bugged me. RoxyLean caused some digestion issues for me since day 1. Had me running to the bathroom more frequently and most of the time wasn't very pleasant. I think that's about as far as I need to go there. The last warning I have about the RoxyLean is that it should always be taken in the morning. If taken later in the day it'll keep you up all night. (Could also be a good thing if you have lots of work/studying and need to pull all-nighters like myself...)

Conclusion

Overall, I was pretty impressed with RoxyLean. Because I stay up very late working most nights, I was especially thrilled about the energy boost I was getting out of it, mostly because I didn't realize to what extent it would hit. However, this product is not ideal for everyone out there. If you have a low caffeine tolerance or suffer from anxiety, RoxyLean coud put you in a very uncomfortable spot for hours on end. Also, I think it's important to note the side effects again in the conclusion. While some of the side effects can be circumvented one way or another, the many of them (especially the bowel issues) made it very hard for me to continue the product daily as BPI recommends. All in all the results were good, just had to pay a bit of a price along the way.
 Pros:
  • Bad Digestion
  • Increased Sweating
  • Restlessness

Overall
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)
  January 17, 2017

Hey SR fam. I'm back with another review of a product I received via the TROOPer program (Thanks). This one came from SR.com itself and was a bottle of Roxylean by BPI. I was trying to cut a few pounds around the holidays and so I thought this might help with the appetite suppressant and energy I would be needing, especially around the holidays.

PROP BLEND WARNING. If you don't buy prop blends then this product definitely is not for you. I honestly don't know of many thermogenic fat burners that aren't prop blends and I realize in some products you just have to take the prop blend because the product works. They do list two individual ingredients. Thiamine (B1), and Niacin (B3).

Thiamine- Thiamine is a vitamin, also called vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 is found in many foods including yeast, cereal grains, beans, nuts, and meat. It is often used in combination with other B vitamins, and found in many vitamin B complex products. It's used to help digestion which, I'm guessing, is why it's in this product.

Niacin- is a B vitamin (vitamin B3). It occurs naturally in plants and animals, and is also added to many foods as a vitamin supplement. It is also present in many multiple vitamins and nutritional supplements. It can help lower cholesterol and can give you a nice "reddish" tint when taking to much. Almost makes you look "flush".

There's quite a bit of caffeine in it from what I can tell. I don't know exactly how much but I could definitely tell there was caffeine present so I had to space my preworkout 5-7 hours apart from taking this. I uploaded the label so you could see what else was in the proprietary blend.

Taste- N/A

Mixability- N/A

Dosing- 1 pill a day is all that is required. I recommend following the label and taking on an empty stomach. I tried taking this after lunch one day and didn't really feel it like I do on an empty stomach.

Was it effective? Absolutely! the appetite suppressant was good, not great. I couldn't really feel the thermogenesis like I could in other fat burners I've taken. Not sure why. I was able to lose a solid 4lbs while not really keeping up with my food intake like I have done in the past and am currently doing so that is definitely a plus.

*Warning* if you are stim sensitive you may not like this. The jitters are real so let me recommend not taking it on an empty stomach.

I found Roxy Lean from between $20-$40 a bottle for a TWO month supply. That seems legit for a fat burner. Most fat burners will charge you that or more for 30 days. The fact that you can get 60 days out of this is awesome.

Side Effects

No real side effects to report. It did everything I thought it would do.

Conclusion

I will definitely be picking up another bottle. It's got a great value to it and it seems to do the trick. For someone seriously watching their food intake they could definitely use something like this. I would, for sure, give it two thumbs up. Good job BPI.
 Pros: