Micronized Creatine Reviews

By: BPI Sports

Overall
Overall
6.4
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Keep Muscle

This is 100% pure creatine. It is micronized and listed as Pharmaceutical Grade. I use creatine on and off and wanted to use this while trying to fix my back, and stay on track with my weight and strength. Overall it performed as expected.

Hello my fellow supplement users. Today is a review of one of the most researched supplements there is. Or at least that is what I have been told. Creatine Monohydrate. I am an avid user of supplements, and as I age I seem to be going more and more towards the simple. During this run I basically was doing various cardio exercises as I tweaked my back and wanted to heal. The idea was that this product would help keep my muscle as I am also sort of trying to cut some more weight. I try to do something everyday and therefore I used this product everyday as well. I did not use a loading phase as I personally haven't noticed a difference when I have and have not "loaded" my Creatine.

Above is my log, however I was somewhat inactive during parts of using this product.

I want to thank the Trooper program for allowing me to run this product. It is appreciated in many ways.

One very nice thing about single ingredient profiles..... They are single ingredient!!!!!

Creatine Monohydrate @ 5 Grams
other ingredients: None!!!!

I actually like this dose as it seems to work well for me personally. Currently I am sitting between 200# and 205# at 5'10" tall. I know some people like more creatine per day and if you do, take another scoop. I do think they should of used Creapure as that is the name brand recognized good stuff. I don't think it is a deal breaker but when we get down to cost, name notoriety can help the cash go out.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I asked for and received the unflavored version of this. This product mixed pretty well in anything that I put it in. Being Micronized helps a lot in the mixing department in my opinion anyway.

As for dosing I found it pretty simple. I used one scoop in the morning every morning. They suggest taking it before, during or after workouts or as directed by a physician on workout days. Then in the morning on non-training days. I personally believe that creatine is a saturation supplement, which to me means that if you take it everyday it will help you. Pretty simple.

Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most studied and generally cheaper supplements that you can and should be taking. I found that this product worked just as well as any other Creatine Monohydrate product that I have used in the past. That is a statement of the purity of this product. I think their is value to taking Creatine everyday. Some people are non-responders and may need to try different versions, thankfully for me this stuff works. Below is some additional links to more reading on Creatine Monohydrate if your interested.

As for this run, I maintained my weight for the most part. So I do not believe I lost any muscle. Because I am doing bodyweight conditioning (Insanity, Asylum, P90X2, Martial Arts) I think this benefitted me by helping me recover faster and make things "easier" if that makes sense. At 46 years of age a lot of people are fighting a battle and going backwards. This product I think helped me at least stay the same.

As of 6/14/2018 they have this listed at $9.99 for a 60 serving tub. (5g per serving, 300g tub (they are running a 20% discount code BPISPORTS20)).
If you apply the discount this is .13 cents a serving........

My go to comparison is Prosource house brand creatine (creapure) of 500g tub for $11.95. Which is 12 cents a serving, and yes they have a bigger container as well. (1000g for $17.50 which is 9 cents a serving) That is standard everyday price.

What does this mean? In my opinion and having used both it means BPI is over priced by a bit. Yes BPI's seemed to have worked the same, yes it is Pharmaceutical grade. However i can get name brand cheaper.

Side Effects

I had no negative effects from this supplement. No bloating that I could tell.

Conclusion

Final thoughts on this one. Yes I think this is an effective product. Yes I like the quality of this product. Nope I can't pay this much for something as basic as Creatine Monohydrate. Now if it happens to drop in price or they do some deals like other companies where they throw this in an order as a freebie then by all means go for it. If you happen to be really into running stacks of one brand at a time, then bite the bullet and buy it. However, I myself can't justify the price. It is possible that I am missing something, but until I figure it out I will go back to the cheaper quality options that are out there. I am giving this a Meh rating because, even though I think the price is too high. The product worked for me just as well as any Creatine Monohydrate that I have used. So it isn't bad, just priced higher than my go to creatine.

• Clipper83
    June 14, 2018

The value is based on "Best Creatine", which is a different product. This can be found for $9.99 on their website and cheaper on amazon.

• Clipper83

• dmf8625
    June 14, 2018

Everything looks great except for the value section as @Clipper83 mentioned. With BPI having so many products with similar names, easy mistake to make.

• Wis3guy

Sorry guys, I fixed it.

• MarsheS
    June 17, 2018

#SymptomsOfGettingOld xD!

Your Value seems to be too low IMO. I kind of understand the reason you gave but at the end of the day, that price is probably the standard for Creatine...

• Wis3guy
    June 17, 2018

Marshes, I originally compared it to the wrong BPI product. Clipper pointed that out, so I did raise the value. However for non creapure creatine it is still 1.5x more expensive than I can get it from prosource.net not on sale. So for me the value isn't there. I understand that it is the market price for a lot of other brands, I am judging it off my go to brand.