CLA+Carnitine Reviews

By: BPI Sports

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
CLA+Carnitine is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by BPI Sports. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Overall
Overall
3.7
4.1
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)
  June 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • If Effective
  • Great Value
  • Bad Texture

This is a product by BPI Health that has CLA and carnitine that says it will help with weight loss and cut the body fat. This did not happen for me.

Thank you to the SR family. This was not given to me by BPI Health. I have tried CLA products and some have been helpful and some have not. This is on the not list.

This is a combination CLA matrix and carnitine. The CLA matrix is safflower oil powder, avocado oil powder, coconut oil powder, and CLA or congested acid. The CLA matrix is 2.5 g and carnitine is 2 g. This has 20 calories, 20 calories from fat, total fat of 2 g, and vitamin D3. The oils have linoleic acid and work with the CLA. The oils have benefits that include lowering cholesterol and work with blood sugar. Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA is an essential fatty acid for good health. CLA is a naturally occurring thing that could be found in meat and cheese type products. They can increase metabolism and help with the fatty acids within a body. Good ingredients so give it a good rating.

I was able to get this in fruit punch flavor. There were no problems with the taste. Mixability was to take 2 per day. You were to mix with 8 oz of water and take one in the morning and one in the evening. The mixability was not that great. I usually had grains in after the mix. Even if I let it sit for a while, I still had problems with it. Dosing was fine and no issues. I give this a medium rating.

The BPI company claims that this will help reduce body fat, promote lean muscle, and support athletic performance. This was something that was not effective for me. I've taken CLA in the past that had some weight loss with them, but it did take a while for weight loss to start when using CLA products. With this product after 3 weeks, there was no weight loss or body fat decrease, so I did not have any lean muscle. The 4th week is when I did notice some change but nothing that I could say was from the CLA. I did lose one pound in the 4th week so nothing that was great. The athletic performance was fine and similar to what I've had in the past with CLA. I give this a low ranking.

This has 50 servings were you take 2 scoops per day so you're getting 25 days worth of this product in one tub. The cheapest I could find was eBay at $25. This works out to $1 per day. If this was an effective product I would say that it was a great value but since this was not effective, I will say it's a low value

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

This was not worth my time. The ingredients were fine and I've had success with CLA in the past but I don't know if this was due to the dosing recommendation. The taste and dosing were fine. The mixability was low. I did not find it effective. The value is not always about cost if it is working but for me, the value is low because it was not doing what I wanted it to do. There were no side effects so that was no issue. Everyone's body handles things differently but for me, this was not a recommended product but it could be for others. I give this a low ranking overall.
  • Fruit punch: 8/10