TROOP CP

Best BCAA Reviews

By: BPI Sports

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #76 of 115 (better than 34%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Best BCAA is a BCAA manufactured by BPI Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

BigRedd777
  November 16, 2016

----Introduction----
Hello all! I'm here with my first BCAA review after trying many. So yes I am familiar with the branched chain amino acid category, that being said I understand the goal that BCAA's are intended to accomplish (energy, recovery, fat loss)... You can try this yourself rather than take my word for it, but lets first dive into the review before that hasty decision is made; after all, those are the ones that leave room for regret...

----Ingredient Profile----
The ingredient profile is standard BCAA's such as: "Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine)," "Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine)," "Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine)." The only real difference is that the BCAA's are in the form of "Oligiopetides" which is claimed to have faster absorption (due to the 3 amino acids being bonded together).. The rest of the profile is self explanatory, (if you know what you're looking at). The CLA is nice to see as it aids in targeting/dismantling brown fat (bad fat) within the body. Also, the addition of 250mg agmatine is nice for that extra little pump; it's nothing crazy, but it's nice. However, as stated in the 1st review of this product, you'll realize that the scoop is 10grams.. 10g-6.25g=3.75grams left of artificial flavorings and dyes... Ew 6/10

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste is good for just about every flavor.. but they've tried to hard to mask the fact that the ingredients taste like trash... The mix-ability is good, you may get a few stragglers toward the bottom, but it's minimal. Dosing is your standard BCAA profile in order to be effective. However, the product doesn't go the extra mile to ensure efficacious dosages. 7.5/10

----Effectiveness----
This is where the product really lacked... I didn't buy BEST BCAA to function as an expensive kool-aid with some agmatine and CLA (which it did), I bought it to increase recovery, aid in lowering body fat, and increase my energy a tad.. so yeah, I was disappointed.. I believe I experienced some acceleration in recovery, but it was minimal. If the Oligiopetide matrix works to speed up absorption, then its success lies in its ability to go straight through you (through urine). Like I said above, the CLA and Agmatine is nice. It helps intra workout to maintain a tad bit of energy, pump, and to aid burning brown fat; but its still not exactly worth it.. 5/10

----Value----
You can find this stuff relatively cheap (15-28 bucks depending on the sale), but overall I wouldn't recommend it. For the extra few bucks other products may cost it's worth it to go with a different BCAA than "BEST BCAA," as ironic as it may be. So 7/10

----Side Effects----
Nothing revealed itself as a con, no i'll side effects (except some regret).

----Conclusion----
Spend the extra few dollars on a more highly rated (on this site) BCAA product that has legitimate research backing it.. Whenever possible, you should try to determine the source that companies derive their ingredients from: plants, animals, bird beaks, feathers, bones, etc... Many companies cut the costs of purchasing ingredients by using more inexpensive ingredients, and in turn boost profit margins.. So be conscious of this... Lastly, do your research. Be aware of what you put in your body. Our body is our temple, so due to the artificial dyes and flavoring I can't in good conscience endorse this product. Overall 6.5/10

I hope this was helpful! If you have any suggestions for other products you'd like to see reviews done on, leave me a comment. Thank you for your support, and I do welcome constructive criticism! Keep up the good fight!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Above Average Taste
  • Has CLA And Agmatine
  • Heavy On Dyes
  • Sub Par Recovery
  • Possibly Inferior Source Of Ingredients
  • Watermelon Ice: 9/10
  • Blue Rasperry: 8/10
  • Green Fusion: 7/10
willyb87
  August 12, 2015

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)
----Introduction----
Thanks to the SR TROOP program for sending me tis product to try out. At the time of use I was on a lean bulk, but regardless of training goals im always looking for new BCAAs and flavors to sip on intra workout. I had been thinking about adding CLAs to my stack for awhile and this had them already included so that was a big selling point on me.

----Ingredient Profile----
I believe im the 1st one to review this product so here is the Profile. Its a decent profile you have 5 grams of BCAAs in the form of BPIs Ogliopeptides, supposedly this is a superior(best) form of BCAA and is supposed to increase bioavailability and use of all ingredients. Next you have 1 gram of CLA for "fat loss properties and lean tissue building" and 250mg of agmatine, I like the amount of agmatine because I use this as an intra and most of my PWOs already have a hefty dose of it to start with, and too much of it disagrees with my stomach. Also the one downside to this product is the dyes are pretty heavy, it shows a 10gram serving so 3.75grams of the product is artificial flavoring and dyes seems a little much to me.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (10 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine - 2,500 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine - 1,250 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine - 1,250 mg
Agmatine - 250 mg
CLA - 1,000 mg
Other Ingredients:
Maltodextrin, silica, natural and artificial flavors, sucralose, malic acid, citric acid, acesulfame-K, and FD&C Red No. 40

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste- I received the Passion Fruit flavor and was kind of skeptical at 1st. I ave never been a fan of mango or other tropical fruit flavors, but this was surprisingly tasty, I let my brother have a sip and he agreed with me that it sorta tasted like the ole Boones Farm Fuzzy Navel wine drinks we used to get in high school without the hint of alcohol of course. No tartness and very smooth
Mixability- Great I mixed this is a shaker cup, water bottle, and even a glass once and never had any problem with grit, residue or foam. It will stain your shaker though if you leave it in too long.
Dosing- Same as all BCAAs dose accordingly to wen you need it. I used this intra and on a few occasions I woke up and sipped on it for some fasted cardio.

----Effectiveness----
I really enjoyed it and it seems to stay on par with other BCAA supps in helping keep DOMS down. What I look for in a BCAA supplement is that it keeps DOMS at bay or manageable and that it is enjoyable to sip on through my workout, water has gotten old so I need some flavor and I want to look forward to it. This held up on both accounts and if they could get rid of so many dyes it would be even better. I didn't notice the superior Ogliopeptide technology being any better than the rest, which I didn't expect to see a huge difference in that anyways. Without changing anything else in my diet the added CLA seemed to help my energy and I did notice a slight leaning out in my ab area, could have been a placebo being the 1st time ive supplemented CLA but I enjoyed the tub nonetheless.

----Value----
I have seen this from $19 TO $30 and you can usually find it on bodybuilding for a BOGO or BOGO50% type sale. With the few added extras this is about on par with other products in the category if not just slightly cheaper and IMO is a good buy.

----Side Effects----
No sides, too many dyes though

----Conclusion----
I enjoyed the tub from beginning to end it never really got stagnant tasting and seemed to hold effectiveness the entire time. Like I said earlier I let my lil bro take a scoop during a workout and he enjoyed it as well. Being that I enjoyed a flavor such as this im curious to try a few of the other flavors and will more than likely snag a tub next time it hits a BOGO sale.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Above Average Taste
  • Heavy On Dyes

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.