Bowflex Ultimate Reviews

By: Bowflex

Bowflex Ultimate is a Workout Equipment Product manufactured by Bowflex. It is designed specifically for workouts and can maximize results and time spent working out.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Rock-solid
  • Possibly Too Short For Long Arms/legs.
This is an awesome peice of equipment if you have the cash to buy one. I had mine for 3 years and seriously, this machine can push you. With the added 100pounds of resistance, you are up to 410 pounds total. Like resistance bands, this machine works you in both directions, making it ideal for strengthening core and stabilzer muscles as well as giving you solid results. My only complaint about this (besides being super heavy...which is a testament to its solidness) is that the cables are too short for me to fully reach with a press and leg extensions. I was constantly having to only go 3/4 with my press's and lifts because the cables would simply hit the floor and I was out of cable. I would still get an awesome workout, but it took a little adjusting. I believe I read this machine was built around someone 5'10" (national average height of men). I am 6'1" with a 74" reach so that will give you an idea of where you would stand. I highly recommend buying one of these if you have a lot of room, a couple friends to help you move it, and if you could pick one up used because $2500 for everything is a few years gym membership at GOOD gyms.

• matt77h
    October 27, 2009

I'm about to swoop one off the net for $1,399. It is refurbished but oh well. It still has a 6month warranty.

• dammit
    October 27, 2009

The only thing I would recommend to you would be to take your time getting used to it. Although the machine is very smooth and the pulleys are able to adjust to almost any angle, it is a totally different workout in comparison to free-weights. I personally would buy one again if they made one with an adapter to raise the power rods so that it was long enough for me to fully extend my arms and legs, but other than that, it's a very nice piece of craftsmanship. I'm sure you'll like it.