Bcaa Powder Reviews

February 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery

Let's take two! I had to do some restructuring on this review so let's see how the second draft turns out. Let me know what you guys think and where I can improve to help give you all better reviews/ideas of the specified product. The main restructuring will be done in the "Effectiveness" category.

No lie - I went into this one thinking probably what most of you are thinking - "Is Body Tech even a reputable brand?" I was in a monetary crunch and needed something to hold me over until my next "real" sup run. Lo and behold Body Tech stole my heart.

- This has a 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine
- Lecithin is literally the only other ingredient in this bottle besides the three listed above - so pretty pure to say the least
- You get 66 Servings per container if you're using the powder and the same if you use the 200 capsules
- There is NO fish, dairy, corn, or wheat byproducts mixed in with this

*** The lecithin is a fat that is produced in the body and is essential at the cellular level. It's purpose in this product is simply to hold the the BCAA's together to maintain the integrity of the product.

This stuff is crazy bitter if you don't mix it with the right stuff. I mixed it with my Whey protein and I was not a happy camper. If you have a fruit flavored Post-WO or Gatorade or juice you can't tell a difference if its mixed in the drink or not. So, go with one of those.

The powder is very fine and mixes very well. There's no foam or leftover residue when using this product.

A LITTLE CHEMISTRY: PURPOSE/FUNCTION
So, most of us know that BCAA's are Branched Chain Amino Acids which are the building blocks of proteins. BCAA's (as stated above) consist of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. What some of us may not know a ton about is the function and purpose of the amino acids.

First the three BCAA's are Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, however, the above ingredient profile states all of these with an "L" in front of them. The "L" signifies that these are stereoisomers which is two isomers that have the same chemical makeup but just in a different order. All this means is that it is the "left sided" molecule, which is the mirror image of the right sided molecule (The "D-Leucine" or "Leucine" as we know it.)

They perform essentially the same function but we use them in our supplements because researchers have found a better absorption rate into the body with L-Leucine than Leucine, as well as the same for Isoleucine and Valine.

The function of the BCAA's is to act as nitrogen carriers which assist the muscle in synthesizing other amino acids for anabolic muscle action. (This is according to Blomstrand et al., Influence of Ingesting a Solution of Branched Chain Amino Acids on Perceived Exertion During Exercise, Clin. Sci.:87, 52, 1994.) This means that they assist the muscle in taking simple amino acids and converting them into muscle. **The main difference between BCAA's and other amino acids is that the BCAA's are absorbed by the muscles and have a much lower metabolism rate in the liver.

BCAA's are both anabolic and anti-catabolic, meaning they help promote protein synthesis, as well as, they help prevent protein breakdown.

SUGGESTED INTAKE
There has been research out that shows improvements from people who have taken as little as 3g each day to as much as 50 g each day. The suggested use is 5-10 grams each time you take it, and you will find mixed reviews on how many times a day you take it. Most everybody is in agreement that it should be taken before and after a workout. Some also say you should take 5-10 grams with each meal. Depending on your financial situation and preference you can figure this one out for yourself. I would add, though, that more is not always necessarily better. There are plenty of people out there who say that you receive more than enough by just eating good protein rich meals.

PERSONAL RESULTS
Personally, while I was taking this BCAA supplement I had some good results. I could see a noticeable change in my lifts, in my overall size and in my energy. In just 3 weeks on this stuff I was able to see some major results. My wife was even able to see a noticeable difference in the size of my arms, chest and legs. I don't have specific numbers because I don't measure but if it's noticeable to others then I would say it's working. The numbers I do have are for my lifts which I was able to increase one about 5-10 lbs for each lift.

Like I stated above one of the functions of BCAA's is its anti-catabolic (breakdown of muscle) I was definitely able to see this while I was taking the supplement. Before I had started taking I felt the typical "next day soreness" and sometimes the two-day after soreness was worse than the next day. With the BCAA I had a limited amount of next-day soreness and virtually no two-day after soreness.

I was only taking one scoop per day with about 6-8 ounces of something fruity flavored. (Even on non-lifting days) So, if I were to increase my intake to the more popular suggestion of before AND after a workout I might see even more results.

The value is one of the best parts of this product! You're getting 66 servings at about $0.41/serving when compared with similar products it blows the competition out of the water. From what I have seen this stuff comes in at about half the cost/serving than its competition.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects and it's proven that there are no negative side effects with BCAA's in general.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a straight BCAA then go with Body Tech's BCAA Complex. I have not seen any better prices for a straight BCAA product. Also, if you take time to read the label and there's only Valine, Leucine, and Isoleucine in the mixture then you are getting the same product no matter where you go. So, if you buy something more expensive you are only paying for the name that is associated with the label.

P.S. I would love to have any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, but if you don't agree with my post could you please inform as to what specifically does not meet your expectations? I'm new at this so if you just say "it doesn't meet the mark," I won't know what to elaborate on. Thanks, everybody!