350 Octane - Fruit Punch Reviews

By: Body Shop Nutrition

Overall
Overall
6.6
6.9
6.1
Thanks to Body Shop Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Too Sweet
First I have to admit, I told myself I wouldn't review any more Preworkout supplements. Not that I don't take them, or any bad experiences with them. But I feel (in my own personal case) it's been way overdone, and I don't want to be "that guy" that keeps clicking on a pre then posting a review because I have to. But I took a look at the ingredient profile of this one, and I couldn't resist the temptation! I've always been a Stim-Junkie, and have favored the concentrated Stim Preworkout over the more "fully dosed" ones. Big thanks to Body Shop Nutrition for making these available through the Trooper program. Let's get right into this!

PROFILE-8.9
I've always been intrigued by the "kitchen sink" Preworkout like Pre Jym, Outrage, etc., but I never actually used any for a length of time. Matter of fact, the last "big scoop" pre I remember taking was MP Assault, years ago. So this label caught my attention with both its dosing, and simplicity.
Beta-Alanine is a respectable 2.5 grams. The next ingredient Ornithine OKG was an unfamiliar compound, so I did the google on it. I learned Orthinine OKG is touted to increase protein synthesis, speed muscle recovery, and alter blood concentrations of insulin and Growth Hormone. Sounds good, right? The jury is still out if it does any of these things, but it is very effective when given to burn victims to aid recovery. Anyhoo, it's in there, and dosed at 1.5 grams (studies are dosed between 10-20 grams). I really like the fact that Citruline Malate 2:1 is dosed at an impressive 6 grams! Taurine is 1g, Betapower Betaine is 2.5g, and Agmatine Sulfate is 1g. Finally, we got our old friend Caffeine Anhydrous at 350mg, a real nice amount (on paper at least, more on that in a bit).

I received the Fruit Punch flavor, at least that's what the label says, and OOOHH WHEEEE it was sweet and tart!!! My first time, I dumped a scoop into about 6oz of water (like I do with all my pre's). It reminded me of my childhood, thawing and drinking those frozen juice cans (the ones we mix in a gallon of water!). In 20oz of water this was a great tasting product, and it tasted more like a missile pop or sherbet ice cream. I don't like chugging that much fluid before working out, so I dealt with it in about 10oz of water. What I really liked is that it mixed perfectly, into an opaque white color (zero dyes!). I've been doing lots more cardio before lifting, about 20-30 minutes worth. So I would sip on this in the last few minutes, and wait for the desire to go lift things.

EFFECTIVENESS-6.8
This one hit fast (minutes) upon ingesting, but not hard. I'm talking the whole package, like the face tingles, the awakening, and the desire to lift heavy, all within minutes. But it wasn't a "kill them all" mindset, just a nice elevated steady rise in energy. For me, it reminded me of a "Jr" Mr Hyde, and it was a small step below the 5% "Kill It". I got some real nice pumps but not painful; 6 grams of Citrulline should hurt! Muscle endurance was also improved. The Beta Alanine tingles lasted for over an hour! What was disappointing was the actual energy from 350mg of caffeine. It wasn't bad at all, it just felt more like 200-250mg. The caffeine high would level off at around the 45 minute mark, and this is where the addition of a Nootropic, or extended release caffeine, or even good old DMAA would pick up the slack (I doubt we'll ever see the latter in it). it kinda fell flat, not a huge crash but not the energy I expected from the label. Instead I would find myself sitting on a bench, thinking about my next set instead of just doing it. This may be just me being nit-picky, but I've had a lot more time to spend in the gym so I'm yearning for a longer lasting preworkout. Dialed-in focus was also lacking, this is why I place Kill It ahead. It did remain consistent from the first scoop to the last.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
Surprisingly, I didn't experience any negative side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing. it was a larger sized scoop, and the product did clump up towards the end of the can.

VALUE-6.8
I found it on Amazon for 39.99, and nowhere else! It's a little over my "dollar per scoop" price range ($1.33), but you have to keep in mind that most other Full Dose pre's like the ones I mentioned, are only 20 serving cans (putting them at $2 per serving). Still, at that price, i think i expected a little more "oomph".

OVERALL-6.6
Ill go ahead and say that this was a solid preworkout, and it did perform. But it never really set itself apart in a crowded field. My negative critiques shouldn't be taken as a turnoff, but just something to consider if you are that guy that wants endless energy and razor focus. Like my title says, this was good at all things, just not great at any one thing. I would still recommend this over, say, MP Assault, C-4, or NO Xplode, but with so many options it wouldn't be my go-to choice.

• kalans
    March 2, 2016

Solid review!

• medinacirilo
    March 3, 2016

Thanks Kalans, just trying to do my part!

• Body_Shop
    Rep for this Brand
    March 7, 2016

Hello Medinacirilo,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to test and review our 350 Octane Pre. It sounds like we may need to add a couple ingredients in the future to provide a bit more razor-like focus! This is the exact feedback that we are looking for that will help make out product better as we grow.

In addition, with every order, we include a 10% off coupon that can be used for life! We did not want to influence your review of the product at all, but it definitely helps to make the pricing a bit more competitive.

Again, thank you. If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to reach out to me directly at ryan@bodyshopelite.com.

-Ryan C
    President & CEO

• medinacirilo
    March 23, 2016

It was my pleasure reviewing it, and like I said, the addition of "more focus" would really propell this to the next level! Thanks for not mentioning that coupon beforehand, but it does improve the price point.