100% Pure Glutamine Reviews

By: Body Fortress

100% Pure Glutamine is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by Body Fortress. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

June 21, 2017

• Assisted With Doms ( Greatly)

Hi everyone- I'm throwing up a NON trooper review today. There aren't enough of these, if you ask me. What are the guys who get sent free supps going to go out and actually buy as a staple item? That says a lot on its own.

Today's review might be a bit boring in the grand scheme of things... It's not a crazy PWO that's going to have you bouncing around the gym like a proton, it's not a test booster that will have you searching the gym for more plates to rack up on your bench, it's not some miracle nootropic that's going to have you speaking mandarin by Tuesday-- it's Glutamine; and it's going to aid in your DOMS!!

This container lasted me forever it seemed, but for the most part I was hitting the gym 5-6 times weekly while taking this. My personal stats put me at 6'2'', 220-225lbs.

*L-Glutamine*

Taste: None- this is flavorless
    Mixability: meh... not great. It doesn't really dissolve. It will become suspended, but probably better in a smoothie than anywhere else if you don't want to be constantly shaking your drink.
    Dosing: You can take up to 3 scoops of this per day. At 225lbs (I'm usually closer to that side ofthe scale), I only ever did 1 scoop per day in my morning shake. I noticed the effects from that alone.

So how do you determine the effectiveness of glutamine? Stop taking it.

I ran out of this tub about a week an a half ago and haven't had time to order more. Since then, the DOMS have gotten worse and the weights have gotten heavier. I think we have a lot of glutamine haters out there; it's only conditionally essential and in a good diet you probably consume enough of it already. However, when you're training hard, your glutamine reserves plummit and fatigue sets in fast. It makes it harder to progress and the more you go to the gym, the worse it gets.

So here we have it- a really boring, no excitement supplement that can replenish those reserves day in and day out to help you keep up with yourself.

This is currently the #1 ranked glutamine on labdoor.com in terms of purity, and #2 in terms of value.

Honestly, if you've tried one you've basically tried them all. I know there's a big push for vegan or fermented options, which I do think have sound rationale behind them, but at the end of the day it's the same stuff.

To recap: this was effective in reducing DOMS and keeping my power output consistent daily.

Here's the kicka' - $10 for 66 servings. That's the price at Bodybuilding.com, walmart, amazon, stop & shop-- $10.

Amazeballs.

It might be derived from duck feathers and human hair- I don't know- nor do I care. But it isn't marketed as vegan fermented miracle powder like many of the newer/trendier options.

However, it works.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you've been wondering why your lifts on Mondays have been outweighing your lifts on Fridays, if your DOMS aren't fading, and if the weights are getting heavy, you might need glutamine. You might as well start with one that's proven effective and won't put a big dent in your wallet to see if it helps. Go grab a tub of Body Fortress with the change from between the seat cushions and get back to punishing the iron!

September 3, 2016

• Readily Available At Walmart
    • Assisted With Doms ( Greatly)

What's up SR and community, this is my third review and I am impressed by the amount of good information I have found in my short time here so thank you for having me!

I have been taking L-Glutamine for years now and more often than not I have chosen Spring Valley's 1000mg tablets. They were super cheap and right next to my Vitamin C and Super B Complex. I got them at Walmart and didn't have to stop at the supplement store for this specific purchase. Most recently I started taking Body Fortress's 100% Pure Glutamine Powder (Ultimate Recovery Fuel). I got this because I was trying to decrease the amount of capsules and or tablets (aminos) I was ingesting, so if I can find it in powder form then I lean toward it being that I can mix them into my pre or post workout drinks.

This section of the review is pretty cut and dry the only ingredient is Glutamine the container has 300 grams; one teaspoon is the serving size which should contain 4.5g.

This product only comes unflavored and odorless, there is no taste per se but I guess if you took a spoon full in the mouth like the Cinnamon Challenge it would taste bland (haven't tried this). I have mixed this in several ways, I usually mix my pre-workout drinks in a cleaned out Poweraid bottle; for me these have stayed more secure than a shaker. In just water the powder will sit atop the waterline until mixed by shaking, a in a light shake you can see that the powder forms little white balls so a heavy shake is required shaking until it is mixed which is sometimes annoying. When mixed with a pre-workout I have seen it mix easier maybe because it bonds to the other powders. I have also seen the powder settle at the bottom of the container on several occasions depending on what else I mix with it. This is an easy fix for me I usually mix it in the blender with ice and protein so this isn't an issue for me, everything mixes in the blender. As for dosing like I said in the ingredients section each serving size is 4.5g I usually do two to four servings a day with no issue. In fact I have read that when taken by mouth it should be safe up to 40g a day. I looked and couldn't find any information on at what point it would become toxic; but more than 40g a day I'm not sure what you would be trying to accomplish.

I've had great success with this product and Glutamine in itself as a supplement. Glutamine supplementation offers many benefits and in my opinion should be part of normal supplementation. The effectiveness of products like vitamins and aminos are sometimes harder to gauge than say a pre-workout where there are immediate effects. What I can say about the effectiveness of this product is that when I take it regularly with my diet and workout I feel much less sore days after hard and strenuous workouts or activities. I feel like I rely on it now and dreed the pain in soreness I will feel when I forget or neglect to supplement with this product.

The value is great, like I said I get mine at Walmart for like 9 bucks and it comes with 66 servings you can't beat it. That's about the average that I have found online give or take a couple bucks.

Side Effects

I have taken up to 12 or 15 grams a day many be more and have had no side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, at first I was hesitant about Body Fortress I mean it's Walmart I don't know how else to explain my hesitation. I figured this might be a money grab type company and before joining this site the information input was only my own plus I had a terrible experience with BF's Igniter Mix (that was so awful) to my surprise and believe it or not Body Fortress isn't that bad at all; there BCAA's even got a A- Rating for purity in a Supplement Lab Testing Site which was much higher than a lot more popular names out there. I will continue to take this product and by from Body Fortress. I recommend Glutamine to everyone to include in their daily supplementation.

December 6, 2013

• Assisted With Doms ( Greatly)
        I bought this product off bodybuilding.com just looking for a glutamine powder for recovery at night. I also used it in my intra workout drinks at times and to boost my immune system.

Taste = I always go with the unflavored versions of glutamine when possible (this tub included). That being said, this had little to no taste and any aftertaste it left in my mouth was not foul nor unpleasant.

Mixability = I find that these powders mix easily into water/tea/sports drinks. Takes a bit of stirring or shaking, but once mixed, this one had no grittiness. The scoop it came with was a little wider than desired for putting into drinking bottles, so I tended to measure it out using baking teaspoons.

Cost = Though I cannot recall the exact price, I do recall picking this product as a promo deal. The tub lasted quite a while as I used it once to twice daily; that I really liked!

Effectiveness = I would like to say this worked well to aid in decreasing DOMS. (It is hard to judge this single product cutting down on DOMS with other products/supplements in play). I tended to go up in my dosing to prevent flus/colds when things were spreading around the office in the last few months. I HAVE NOT gotten sick as the majority of my co-workers, so I would definitely say it helped boost the immune system! I also increased dosage when I felt as if I may be fighting a sports related injury and was surprised at how soon I was able to recover with glutamine and rest.

Overall impression = I liked this product and if I find it on sale again I would definitely consider buying it.

February 20, 2011

• Essential Product
        Glutamine is an non essential amino acid that truthfully is found in any type of a protein product ( food) and/ or supplementaion. It is found in these locations naturally....but... it becomes depleted in individuals whom are heavy in weight training or fitness. Supplementation with Glutamine will yeild positive results in the area of DOMS and recovery time. Some state that it will also assist in the immune system. There are other research articles that claim that it will also assist in the secretion of GH.
        In the begining, I used this product due to the limited finances. I have been able to afford other Glutamine products from reputable companies since and I will rate their products accordingly at a later time on this site.
        Again, this is an essential product if you are persistent in fitness and subject your body to a number of different physical exertions. ... If you are able to locate ( at the time Wal-Mart supplied myself), then purchase.....

May 31, 2010

• Readily Available At Walmart
        • Cheap
          Simple and cheap, this stuff is straight up, unflavored glutamine powder. I mix it with my post-workout whey isolate.

There are guidelines for how much you should take in a 24 hour period depending on your weight but I take about 9-10grams a day weighing 165lbs.

Some whey proteins and recovery complexes come with this stuff already mixed in but if you don't think yours offers enough then definitely supplement with this stuff at $10 a bottle you can't beat the value.

Aids in your recovery and muscle building, definitely a must if you're tearing yourself down each workout.

May 16, 2010

• Improves Muscle Fullness
          • Terrible Smelling Gas!
          I have used several tubs of this product and now believe it is essential in the quest of muscle building. It is very easy to use and I try to take in 10 - 20 grams per day. I do notice very foul smelling gas from this product and will tell you that your wife or significant other just may become very bitter towards you over the smells that erupt from you! It does seem to help in recovery but more than that, my muscles seem fuller when I actively take this product consistently. I make sure to consume plenty of water, as you should anyways, and I also put a serving in with my BCAAs and make my own intra-workout drink. This stuff is safe, cheap and works. If you can deal with melting your boxer briefs from the toxic fumes, you will indeed be happy with this product!

May 7, 2010

• Hard To Find Lately.
          when you can find it this stuff is awesome. It doesn't matter what brand you find they all seem to work. This stuff is about $10 at Wal-Mart if you can find it. It does the same thing as the glutamine GNC charges you like $50-75 for. It's almost always unflavored and mixes well with everything. Anyone that hits it hard whether it be running, lifting or a sport should include glutamine. If I do a workout that would leave me crippled for days and take this properly I'll wake up with little to no soreness. My preferred method is to take it immediately before and immediately after. If you have never supplemented Glutamine you really owe it to yourself to go buy some.

February 24, 2010

• Effective
            Straight glutamine. If you dont know how important glutamine is then educate yourself. This has no flavor i add it to my post work out supps, and my preworkout too. It cuts my recovery time in half.

December 17, 2009

• Effective
              Body Fortress products work, do not let the cheap prices fool you. I put a scoop of the glutamine in with my post protein shake(whether that be Body Fortress protein or another brand). After a tough workout the day before, I wake up the next day with minimal or no soreness, and I attribute this to my glutamine and protein combo. Glutamine is an essential amino acid in the body, so if you train with intensity, your glutamine production will not be sufficient to maintain recovery or your immune system. For about $10, one receives about a months supply of glutamine. Great value. I do not blindly rave about Body Fortress, through experience I have learned their cost effective products truly work.