Post-Factor Reviews

By: Blue Star Nutraceuticals

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5
  May 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Improved Recovery
  • Strength Gains
  • Only 1 Scoop
  • Pricey
  • Only 14 Servings
  • Mixibility Questionable In A Shaker

A fantastic COMPLETE postworkout that ticks almost every box, besides the servings and cost. This made me recovery faster and ultimately train harder the next day.

Hey guys back with a review that I am ultra keen to present! It's been brewing for a while since I really have enjoyed this a lot. I was looking for a complete post workout to really help with my recovery that has been rather horrid due to stress and anxiety. A massive thanks to blue star nutraceuticals and especially to Chris who was keen for me to give post factor a go, it had a lot to conquer including my very beloved universal torrent! Let's see how it stacks up!

2.63 LB
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (approx. 85 g)
Servings Per Container: 14

CherryPURE (montmorency tart cherry) (fruit) powder 480mg
ActiGin (Panax notoginseng & Rosa roxburghii) 50mg

XD Delivery Technology Complex 61mg
Fumaric Acid
BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) (fruit)
AstraGinTM (Panax notoginseng, Astragalus membranaceus) (root)
Sodium R-Lipoate
Succinic Acid

Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Enzyme Amylase, Soy Lecithin.

A very impressive array of ingredients not to mention the profile is really something worthwhile, the ratio of about (carb:protein) 2:1 to me is ideal. This is no whey concentrate cheap protein mix but the edition of hydrolyzed whey isolate really does set this apart, it's not an everyday sole protein source because it ain't cheap but its super effective. Tart cherry and L-carnitine tartrate are added in for recovery along with Maltodextrin which restores lost glycogen levels. The delivery matrix is also a real gem as it enhances the absorption!

The only thing missing to some was betaine and creatine of some sort. I guess in todays super pre workout formulas - sufficient dosages are found in every area nowadays be it in the new age intras aswell. So to me the lack of creatine was okay as Nitro tech and Dr jerkyl x has all the creatine I am after.

Taste

Key lime Pie

Being a fan of just about any tarty or sweet post workout, I assumed this would taste great and being recommended this flavor by Chris at Blue star - I knew would be good, but with everything you cannot be too sure. Normally taste goes can go a few directions. I used to be a fan of crazy sounding flavors until these crazy sounding flavors just tasted like generic vanilla and strawberry or chocolate. So I was a bit curious at best.

Let me first tell you that I used Post factor in conjunction with a blender and ice, because I train at home and finished training around 6:30/7:00pm so this would be a thick treat, and luckily it turned out to be. now key lime pie is not really known in SA but geez this tasted great! It was more or less a perfect blend of lime and vanilla with a hint of cinnamon, that was slightly more tart than sweet - this was really a taste I enjoyed and looked forward to drinking after every session.

Now nothing in this game is perfect, there is a slight grittiness and bitterness at the bottom but that is forgivable due the nature of the ingredients like L-carnitine tartate which is naturally bitter af! So this is not perfect but for what it is, it was darn good! In plain cold water it is a bit watery but thats why I had to use a blender, but I will give this the benefit of the doubt!

Mixability

In a shaker this wasn't all that good, infact without a blender I could get a little frustrated due to the fact this can get a bit frothy and clumpy, even though its vigorously shaken. I definitely assume most will be drinking this in a shaker so be sure to shake in segments and allow it to settle then shake again.

1 scoop of post factor (the scoop is large!) in 12oz of cold water, but as mentioned I enjoyed this in a blender with ice. I would consume this right after my training.

Ah here comes the best part!

Now I am going to be very frank here, this came in a very crucial time in my life and acted like a blessing - firstly again thanks to Chris and the guys at Blue Star for making this review happen! Now going through a midlife crisis as such at the age of 26 ain't no joke. I would get DOMS like you would not believe and overall battle to recover. The Recovery was really something special and continuously it helped me train harder, day in and day out as my recovery was improved a whole lot. The way I know this is because experience and secondly because I slowly regained all the intensity and strength that went astray during this difficult time. Strength is something I have lost during this transition but slowly I have regained it, to the point where I am just as strong as before.

I do feel the exclusion of creatine did not hinder my strength regain because the recovery was really that good, ofcourse there is soreness but not how it was at one point when I actually hid away from training. But I found Post factor truly lifted my spirits and training overall during the toughest time in my life. muscle gainz well I had to put a z there for added emphasis. But I normally shy away from measurements but heck I was feeling and looking smaller than usual so I decided to hit a few measurements on my biceps and in 2 weeks I gained a CM on both - relaxed and flexed which was a real feat for me, it really made me want to hit the gym harder and harder. This really is a combination of everything but knowing myself I need to give credit to them because it really was a game changer for me and improve my LIFE, thats a huge statement but it is true! I was genuinely disappointed when it was finished.

This is a post workout that I versatile in the off season and precontest, I wish to have another go at this a try out the other 2 flavors! which are chocolate truffle and blueberry pomegranate! Nothing is perfect but this is near perfect for me! Amazing product from a really reputable brand!

Now here is the only major draw back, this is not cheap but neither are the ingredients. It goes for $56.99 ($4.07 / Serving) on bodybuilding.com and on special at www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com where everything except iso-smooth is 50% off! I would have loved this to last a month but since I train 4/5 times a week this lasted about 3 weeks for me. But having a bigger sizes would be really awesome! But that is just about the only flaw when it comes to post factor - is that without the savings it would be pricey in general.

Side Effects

None. No gas or upset stomach.

Conclusion

A really fantastic complete post workout that proved to be more than just a supplements but a life enhancer in so many ways - I was able to train harder, recovery better and get stronger whilst gaining lean muscle mass (Tastes great plus only require 1 scoop) which is just incredible since I was going through such a rut personally. But I cannot say thank you enough to Chris and the guys at blue star for making this happen. I mean I am definitely a fan of any supplement company that puts their customers first with amazing products and a 60 day money back guarantee which is pretty rare. It is not cheap but then again quality is not cheap is it. I definitely hope another opportunity will arise with them. I am not paid to say this and I freely speak and say what I want and when I want. So overall this is my favorite supplement to date and one cannot sleep on blue star, they aint playing games!

Cheers