OrthoBolic Reviews

By: Blackstone Labs

DEALS
OrthoBolic is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Blackstone Labs. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

June 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aches And Pains Ease
  • Joint Relief
  • Possible Bone Repair

This made my joints feel new again and I was able to lift heavy and not have any pain. My bones stopped cracking and didn't feel dry.

I am a huge fan of blackstone labs products. I got this because I am trying out different joint products to see which one I like the best. I had cracking joints and joint pain before using this. Let's see how this worked for me.

Cop and paste from a1supplements.com

Palmitoylethanolamide 200mg
    Cissus quandrangularis 350mg
    Boswellia serrata extract 150mg
    Curcumin 150mg
    UC-II 40mg
    BioPerine 10mg

PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE (PEA)

PEA is an endogenous fatty acid that is your body's natural anti-inflammatory molecule. PEA works by reducing the activation and mitigation of mast cells. Mast cells are white blood cells that releases mediators that are pro-inflammatory such as histamines, inflammatory cytokines, prostaglandins, and reactive oxygen species(ROS). Some studies also suggest that it can bind to COX-2(same as ibuprofen) as well as your endocannibinoid receptors, which can help mediate pain and inflammation. Worth noting, to date PEA has no known drug interactions which implies it's very safe for anyone to supplement with. Doses vary but as little as 200mg a day has been shown to have an affect on inflammation.

BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT

Boswellia Serrata extract is an all natural lipoxygenase-5(LOX-5) inhibitor, it blocks the conversion of fatty acids into leukotrienes like histamines, prostaglandins, and other pro-inflammatory molecules. One of the active compounds is AKBA(3-O-acetyl-11-keto-boswellic acid). Boswellia Serrata Extract acts very quickly, showing a 70% reduction in joint discomfort and 63% reduction in joint stiffness in as little as 7 days.

CURCUMIN, 95% CURCUMINOIDS (WITH BIOPERINE)

From the turmeric root, curcumin and curcuminoids decrease the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-6, TNF-alpha, NF-kappaB, COX-2 and LOX-5. TNF-alpha can destroy joint cartilage. Data for curcumin shows to decrease swollen joints and tenderness by 70%. Curcumin can also increase anti-inflammatory enzymes in your body, as well as increase free radical scavenging(decreases ROS). Bioperine(black pepper extract) has been shown to increase bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%.

CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS (CQ)

CQ stimulates the metabolism and uptake of calcium by osteoblasts (bone cells) which increases healing in fractures. A meta analysis of CQ has shown to reduce healing time by 40%+. CQ enhances your body's natural healing process. It has also been shown to decrease joint discomfort and increase functionality. CQ can also increase collagen synthesis in osteoblasts.

UC-II (UNDENATURED TYPE II COLLAGEN)

UC-II is an ingredient containing undenatured type II collagen. This can help with your body's natural process of removing damaged collagen/tissue and repairing damaged areas. Type II collagen can also increase production of anti-inflammatory cytokines, as well as help heal cartilage. Studies show that once a day dosing of UC-II can reduced perceived pain levels by 33%, including a reduction in all tests used to determine perceived pain(WOMAC, VAS, and Lequesne). All studies show that subjects reduced the amount of OTC pain medication by 67% within the first 30 days.

Pills so no taste or mixability
    They are average size pills that no one should have a problem swallowing.
    Two pills daily. I took it first thing in the morning.

This is by far my favorite joint supplement. Never have I been so impressed by a joint supplement in all my years of taking them. In 3 days I felt relieved. I was able to go heavy on the squat rack again and not have pain or shake. My joints weren't cracking on the bench. I can get on with my day and not worry about how my joints feel or have anybody hear them crack as I move. I will be sticking with this joint supplement until I find something else that catches my interest.

I paid $40 at a1supplements.com which is a decent price for this. That is $1.33 each serving or $0.66 each pill.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one of the best products blackstone labs has released. I will definitely be sticking with this product for a while.

Overall
    Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
      June 8, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aches And Pains Ease
    • Joint Relief
    • Slightly Expensive

My name is Clipper83, and I have joint issues. For the past 3 years, what seemed to be my grip strength giving out and being painful, slowly progressed to my wrists and elbows. My estrogen is naturally low(I've had tests done on this), which is a blessing and a curse. The downside being of course that my joints feel dry sometimes.

I def. noticed slight changes in how my joints feel, so any relief is welcome when it comes to lifting.

To start, turmeric with bioperine is a great anti-inflammatory combination. The curcuminoids in turmeric have been proven to being effective for a lot of things, inflammation included. The bioperine just keeps it in your system longer.

Along with the turmeric, you get some other known ingredients such as boswellia(similar to turmeric), cissus, UCII. Besides the cissus, which I've only tried once before when USPLabs released it, I've used these ingredients in the past. I've had success with all of these ingredients, some to a lesser extent.

2 pills with food once a day. Easy enough.

I got a noticeable amount of relief on this. While I believe that when your joints are hurting, it is time to back off a bit with the weight until everything goes back to normal, speeding up the process can be achieved as well.

Within 2 weeks(I'd say 10 days in), I had noticeable comfort in my elbows. These have been major problem areas for me this past year. My joints felt good enough to do skullcrushers once again, which was pretty cool.

While the relief was noticeable, it was not like taking ibuprofen by any means.

Besides the elbows which had noticeable relief, I didn't have much success in other areas(wrists, fingers). Even with backing off, I did not feel like I had any more or less pain there while lifting. Perhaps it is from something that can't simply be supplemented away.

A couple weeks after stopping this my elbows went back to aching, even on days I didn't lift, so I had some proof that Orthobolic was doing its part. Thought I'd throw that in.

You can get this for around $39. While this is not too much, I would suggest running straight turmeric or collagen before you go out and use a blend. If you buy a blend, and it works, that's great. However, if it's only one ingredient in there doing the work for you, you probably will save some money by just buying that ingredient by itself. Just my 2 cents.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Blackstone has a pretty solid product here. It did not work miracles, but it did provide me with some relief that I truly benefitted from. The price is slightly high, but if you're not wasting a lot of your supplement budget on crack filled pre-workouts like some of us do, you could probably afford this on a monthly basis.

9.1
    Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
      May 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Joint Relief
    • Possible Bone Repair
    • Aches And Pains Ease

Blackstone labs has been a company that has come out swinging and created some interesting products over it's history.
      Orthobolic is their Joint supplement and me being an older man now I jumped on this to see if this would be the one that helps these aching old bones.

Gonna be some copy and past here from Priceplow as they did a great job explaining the profile here.
      Orthobolic is a multi-faceted joint formula that helps with joint discomfort and stiffness, as well as strengthening cartilage. Orthobolic works with your body's natural anti-inflammatory processes, as well as decreasing your body's pro-inflammatory enzymes.

PEA 200mg

BOSWELLIA SERRATA EXTRACT 150mg

CURCUMIN, 95% CURCUMINOIDS (WITH BIOPERINE) 150 mg +10mg of Bioperine
      Curcumin and Curcuminoids decrease the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines like IL-6, TNF-alpha, NF-kappaB, COX-2 and LOX-5. TNF-alpha can destroy joint cartilage. Data for curcumin shows to decrease swollen joints and tenderness by 70%. Curcumin can also increase anti-inflammatory enzymes in your body, as well as increase free radical scavenging(decreases ROS). Bioperine(black pepper extract) has been shown to increase bioavailability of curcumin by 2000%.

CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS (CQ) (STD FOR KETOSTEROIDS) 350mg

UC-II (UNDENATURED TYPE II COLLAGEN) 40mg

Now I normally do not copy and paste this much but this is the first review and wanted to give the most details on the review's. I can say that after reading about some of these ingredients and learning how they work is one reason why I just ordered another bottle.

Simple two pills daily. No issues with them at all. Just toss two back every morning with my fish oil.

DAMN! Do I feel better! Rarely do I get a product to try out and be so impressed with it I buy one right after finishing it. This one I ordered another bottle before I was done. I felt relieve very fast , So fast I thought it could be placebo effect. But the one pain that never lied to me slowly went away and just recently I was able to handle 300+ on the bench without pain on my elbow, where as before I could barely unrack 225 without pretty serious pain. Now on to my knees yea they still ache but they feel way much better.
      Now I will say several years ago I broke my arm just under my elbow and that has really gave me the terrible aches and pains I was having but, I feel with the added UC-ll it really may have been the big thing I needed to help. Whatever it was or a combination of the whole profile I loved this. I have actually kinda been forgetting about my arm hurting so much and actually been pushing like myself like the old days in the gym again. I can not brag on this enough, or at least the way I feel as I write this anyway.

On Blackstone's website if you use SRTROOP as a code you get a 20% discount which brings the price down to 39$ which is actually where I am finding the standard price to be at most supplement sites. Now for 40 bucks and a 30 day supply it is not a horrible buy considering the profile. Now for me I am just fine with paying this for the way it helped my arm and just overall aches and pains.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Blackstone did a great job putting this one together I think. And I most certainly feel!. Hopefully we will continue to see this brand expand and produce more useful products. I hope that I do not get used to these ingredients and the relief I am having stops, At this point I am truly loving this one.