GlycoLog Reviews

By: Blackstone Labs

FORUM TOPICS
DEALS

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
GlycoLog is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Blackstone Labs. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Overall
Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
  May 11, 2017

• Nice Pumps
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduces Carb Bloat
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Increase Energy
  • Allowes Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Bit Expensive
I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. First I want to apologize for the long over do review for this. I was having a little bit of health issues and was not sure if this was causing it so I stopped taking for awhile and then I was fine when I stared again. This will be my first time ever using a product like this. When I heard what this product was and suppose to do it really got my interest in wanting to try this. I was really interested in seeing if this would help me more at loosing weight or help me pack on more muscle mass without the extra bloating in my stomach.

In this you get 7 main ingredients Chromium polynicotinate, Gymnema Leaf Extract, Bitter Melon, Super Berberine, 25:1 Cinnamon Bark Extract, Sodium R-Lipoate, and BioPerine. Most of the ingredients in this I am not to familiar with since this is the first time using a product like this. I believe that most of the stuff they put in here is dosed fairly well. I do give them big props for not using any prop blends in this. This helps with insulin mimetic and nutrient partitioning agent. With the ingredients they put in here helps you get those carbs and nutrients to the right places to help build more muscle tissues and give you less carb bloating in the stomach.

These come in pill form so no taste and nothing to mix. Dosing is fairly simple. They say to take 3 capsules twice a day. They recommend you take this with your most heavy carb meals. I would normally take this with either my breakfast or lunch and then take it again with dinner. Just make sure you have your meal plan down so you can better utilize the dosing as to when you should be taking this.

When I first started taking this I thought it was a little hard to tell if this product was doing much for me. I do think that after using this for awhile it did start to help me a bit. I did notice my muscles started to feel a little more full and had some increases in my endurance and energy. I did feel it helped me gain a little more strength in my lifts. I don't think I really lost anything in weight but I do feel I got a little more leaner and my muscles started to feel harder.

The hardest part I did not like when taking this was getting the right timing down before my carb meals. A lot of the times I was not eating a lot of foods that had high amounts of carbs in it and that can be a little bit of a down fall because it can make you feel a little on the sick side. I was starting to think to myself if this was still good to be taking even if I did not eat a lot of carbs. A lot of the time I was just about ready to eat and then I would remember that I needed to take this. I wanted to try and take this about 20 mins or so before my meal so it could get this into my system better and lot of the time that never happened. A lot of the time it would only be a few mins before my meal or I would have all ready started eating when I would remember to take this. I don't know if taking it 20 mins or so before I ate or just before I ate made much difference in how effective this product was. I kind of doubt it but don't know for sure.

If I would have been eating a lot more higher amounts of carbs I think I would have noticed even better results than what I was getting. I still thought it was a decent product even though I was not consuming a lot of extra carbs. I think having the right timing down would have made this a little more effective of a product for me. I know there were a few times I would need to take this before lunch when I was at work and would keep forgetting to take them and then realize it when I was about half way through my meal or just finished eating. Even in the evening there were times I would forget to take this. That was one of my hardest parts at times was remembering to take these and it really frustrated me. I think the biggest thing to help make this a much better product is have your meal plan in check and know what your highest carbs meals will be and how to dose it properly for each meal. If you have your meal plan in check this really helps to make this a much better product and a lot more effective.

The cheapest I could find this was $49.99 for 60 servings. That was pretty much the standard price I was finding this sell for. This will give you a full month supply but at $50 bucks I think that is a bit high for this kind of product. I have noticed that with a lot of their products they all seem to be priced a little bit on the high side and why I don't know. I would say that if you ever see this on sale I would for sure get it.

Side Effects
The only thing I would say was not consuming enough carbs when I would take this can make you feel kind of sick like or at least for me it did. I know a few times when I did this I would get a bit of upset stomach and a little bit of discomfort in my stomach. After this happed a few times I stopped taking this for awhile. After being off it for awhile I started to feel better and then started taking it again and was just fine then. Why this happened I am not sure since I am not overly knowledgeable with products like this.

Conclusion
I have to say I thought overall this was a fairly decent product that worked well for me at what it was suppose to do. If your someone who consumes high amounts of carbs or want to be able to consume more and not get that extra carb bloating in the stomach this is very much worth checking out. I know getting the timing down as to when to take this was my hardest part beside forgetting to take them at times before my meal. If your someone trying to bulk more and still want to stay a little more lean I feel this will really help you with that. I would for sure use this product again but feel it not something I need to take all the time. A few cycles off and on this I think would work get for me. I would say if you can ever get this on sale I would for sure jump on it because I feel this product is really worth it. Again I want to give a big shout out to Blackstone Labs for letting me have the chance to give this product a try.

Overall
Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!
  April 28, 2017

• Nice Pumps
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduces Carb Bloat
  • Bit Expensive

A special thanks to Blackstone Labs for participating in the SR TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss BL's nutrient partitioner product GlycoLog. This was a try request of mine primarily because being that I am a hard gainer, these type of products have always helped me tremendously. In the past, I've used other like usp labs original Anabolic Pump and Purus labs Slin Shot. When I discovered GlycoLog I figured why not reach out to BL and try to get some here.

So how does GlycoLog hold up?

Refer to the included image for a full profile disclosure.

Glycolog contains seven core ingredients that inlude Chromium polynicotinate, Gymnema Leaf Extract, Bitter Melon, Super Berberine, 25:1 Cinnamon Bark Extract, Sodium R-Lipoate, and BioPerine.

With bioperine acting as a bioavailability enhancer, the rest of the ingredients are known for enhancing the body's metabolic potential related to the actions of insulin. Some of the ingredients act as insulin mimetics while others promote favorable levels of insulin release.

Put it all together, and you've got yourself a matrix to help get those carbs and other nutrients to their rightful place....the muscle tissue.

Again, refer to the image for dosage disclosure. On a side note, GlycoLog gets bonus points for no prop blends.

No taste or miaxability since they are caps.

Dosing is very simple. You take three caps twice a day for a total of 6 caps daily. Take each three cap serving with your most carb heavy meals. For me, that's three caps with breakfast and another three caps with dinner. Keep an extra dose handy in case you decide to have some special "cheat" days.

When I've used nutrient partitioners in the past, some of the key things I look for include a feeling of pump after eating a large amount of carbs, increased endurance, and a better feeling of nourishment satiety.

With GlycoLog, I experienced all of the above. Upon eating my meals to which I dosed GlycoLog with, I felt that characteristic carb load pump feeling that made my muscle feel fuller and less fatigued. I also noticed some increased general endurance throughout the day and in the gym which I can equate that to my muscles obtaining more glycogen inducing sustenance. My fatigue both during and after my workouts was noticeably lower, but not to an overly significant degree. Still, I felt a reduction nonetheless combined with better endurance and I was banging out more reps and sets. I also found that I was recovering better from hard time under tension sets and HIIT cardio intervals. That's always a welcome benefit since those sessions can be killer.

GlycoLog is a bit pricey at 49.99. You do get a full month supply, but shelling out 50 bucks for a partitioner can leave a bad taste in your mouth. Given how effective it is though, perhaps the value is not the most expensive, but I would definitely want to take advantage of any sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're hardgainer like me, love pop tarts, and need to give those carbs a one way ticket to muscle tissue avenue, I would definitely recommend giving GlycoLog a try. My take pointers is to be sure you've got your meal plan in check so that you can decide which meals are the most carb heavy and can utilize a dosage of GlycoLog most efficiently.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.2
9.1
  November 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Pumps
  • Can Make You Ill If Not Enough Carbs
Questions that sr.com want answered for my first review

1. How did you find out about SR?
looking for reviews on supps have used sr.com for a few years.

. What prompted you to write this review?
have a good knowledge and just something I have wanted to do and put my experience with supps to good use.

What are your fitness goals?
permabulk lol, just put on as much size while keeping lean as I can thought out my bulks

What other products are you planning to review?
a lot there is a massive list but I just got a package in the mail with new products I will do when I finish them but mostly new products not gold standard whey etc.

This is my first review so bare with me I am currently on a clean bulk and wanting to pack on that nasty mass to scare small children and make women say ewww gross that's way to much

Ingredients.
Has just over 2g of active ingredients and in terms of the category that is a lot. so lets get it kicked off with

10:1 gymnema sylvestre extract in short among a few things it helps increase the amount of insulin in the body and increase the growth of cells in the pancreas thats at 1g it looks like studies have been done at around 400 mg so the dose is just right.

Bitter Melon 500mg there are studies on this but its not in a powder its straight from the melon so thats just going to come down to trust in the company.

Super Berberine 300mg again there are a quality studies done on the ingredient but its in very complex medical journals and again a case of having faith in the company unless you want to go through pages and pages of medical journals

25:1 cinnamon bark extract 250mg a good amount and is work like insulin to help lower blood sugar levels.

sodium R-Liposte 150mg well under dosed but as you are going to use it pre and post workout you will get a clinical dose however under dosed is under dosed, but there is a lot of research on the ingredient, decrease in blood glucose among a few other benefits.

BioPerin 5 mg used to help increase absorption of the supplement.

Taste/mixability

Its three pills two times a day no taste and they are not massive horse pills.

Here is where it shines I use it with 140g carbs from cream of rice and blueberries the pumps are better than any non stim pump pre workout been increasing my carbs pre and post workout without any fat gain looking full during the day and pumped up after my workout for a an extended time, I am someone who looses my pump as soon as i step food out of the gym so loving this product as insulin is one of the factors for creating freaks on the stage of bodybuilding I am sure this will help out, I have used Glycobol bu AI sports and Iload by prosupps and did not think much of either of them especially Iload and this blows them away in terms of effects.

$42 is the cheapest I have seen it but usually $50ish not cheap but glycobol is around $40-45 and Iload is cheapest but at max dosage only lasts 15 days , I like an insulin mimicker and there was another one i used by usp labs I think and they all so far have been a waste of money so if ur in the market for one or want to try an alternative to a non stim pre workout then its good valve for money in its category

Side Effects

If you do not have enough carbs you get flu like symptoms and I mean you need to take this supplement seriously if your going to use it have at least and I mean at least 130 g of carbs and not 130 g of oatmeal but 130 g of carbs , you will feel the shakes and unwell if your run it with not enough carbs.

Conclusion

Love it and will be using this from here on out, bottom line if you can not eat at least 130g carbs pre and post workout this is not for you.
only 1 ingredient is under dosed that I can tell , better than a non stim pre workout especially when you factor in cost as usually non stim prewos are around the high $30 area and a lot of times are only 20 full servings without all the nutrient partitioning effects so far this is the best of its category.

Reason I rated it so high is its best in category I have used 3 of the highest rated insulin mimickers and this is the best by a long shot I would rather pay and extra $5 for something that works.